What If…A zombie outbreak started in the real world?

Zombies!

How would most people react?
How would the governments respond?
Would they be able to take over?
What else would happen?

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Myspace
  • Google Buzz
  • Reddit
  • Stumnleupon
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Technorati
Author: admin View all posts by
« Previous 1 2

183 Comments on "What If…A zombie outbreak started in the real world?"

1. Cpt Olimar May 10, 2009 at 3:53 am -      #101

subtle political references aside……
    If it occured in Somalia, which currently is ruled by a series of local warlords, there is a decent chance that such an outbreak could spread rapdily between countries, or even on their “pirate ships” to other continents. Since they dont have a central government, foreign countries would need to intervene and we all know how fast foreign countries react to global problems…COUGH HACK *UN* AHEM CHOKE

MAN MY POLITICAL REFERNCES ARE SUBTLE :P

Either way, once the world knows about the problem and reacts to it, the zombies can only do so much. Air attack should prove extremely effective in dealing with the threat and we do have satellites around the world that can track these things. I don’t really think this would get too out of hand in any scenario…unless it was some super zombie strand

2. the_man_with The_Answers May 10, 2009 at 12:12 pm -      #102

I know the armed sevices are brave. And yes I think they will deal with zombies affectivly, after a couple engagments. Obviously they will terrified of zombies on the first couple of encounters. After they get used to zombies, they will become like vermin.

As for starting in Somalia, it would be widespread within months. But as Ct Olimar said, the goverments will handle it with minor difficulty even though the infection isn’t in one are but accross most of the world.

3. Dracosphinx May 11, 2009 at 9:28 pm -      #103

@L-W, We need to have someone to talk sense into the paleontologist.

4. RiseUp May 13, 2009 at 5:34 pm -      #104

Yeah, the current economies are a mess and an event like this would push them over the edge OR repair them.

5. the_man_with The_Answers May 13, 2009 at 9:37 pm -      #105

I’m interested as how it would repiar it. And if we used nukes as above we would cause even more economical and enviromental damage than just normally fighting zombies, or as normal as fighting zombies gets. It would be worse than the Great Deppression. If it spread throughout the world from a 3rd world country, than te economical damage would not only be in America, but around the world, which is even worse.

6. The One Sin May 13, 2009 at 9:50 pm -      #106

I’m pretty sure ant company worth staying afloat would back up their data into TB external hard drives at the first warning and take then to safe zones so they might have a place to start to rebuild if there is a way.

Not the best plan I know but I’m sure the worlds major corporations won’t just abandon there company’s life blood documents.

7. L-W May 14, 2009 at 4:26 am -      #107

A Zombie Pandemic would actually boost the economy if anything else.

Industries related home defense, agriculture, defense spending, pharmaceuticals, the biomedical sector and even manufacturing/construction (The largest industries in the country) would witness a massive public interest over the course of a few years; which could even delay the inevitable inflation by at least a decade.

8. The Chosen One May 15, 2009 at 1:05 am -      #108

I would have my last stand and it would be awesome who would join my last stand if givin the choice?

9. RiseUp May 16, 2009 at 8:41 pm -      #109

“in what rate the demand would rise if most of the people around the world are infected?”

After reading WWZ I would definitely say that the demand for defensive weapons AND offensive weapons designed to kill zombies efficiently would increase a thousand fold. Think of it this way. Would you rather be able to use a Lobo on a zombie’s neck or would you rather be bitten and turned into a zombie?

The biggest problem would be the people acting like zombies and people marketing miracle cures for the disease. Just like in WWZ, people were bit by the ones acting like zombies, didn’t become one, and thought they were immune. Miracle cures would cause problems with people just standing there walking around acting as if nothing would happen, which means, more zombies are on the way.

10. Space marine May 16, 2009 at 10:16 pm -      #110

“Well, I would be entertained to watch him crawling to catch his prey….”
    lol….Hey, wait a minute!

11. RiseUp May 16, 2009 at 10:34 pm -      #111

A zombie with no legs would be more dangerous than one WITH legs. As expressed in WWZ a zombie with no legs could catch people walking through tall grass unawares. Also, there are few things that can stop a zombie. Freezing it is one way to do it and obviously the popular headshot is a more common solution. When frozen you could bash in it’s head to kill it.

12. RiseUp May 16, 2009 at 11:07 pm -      #112

“Infantry are traind to fire at the center of mass. hence no effect on a zombie. Tanks have slow rates of fire. A large enough horde will easly overrun them. ”

With the right weaponry, a large force of infantry with a large source of ammo were able to hold off a MASSIVE HORDE of zombies in WWZ. They were even able to let some soldiers have five minutes off the firing line whenever they were getting stressed too much.

Tanks, would not be that good against zombies, other than using flechette shot and by running them over. A large horde would get in a tank how? The entrances can be locked down from the inside.

13. The One Sin May 16, 2009 at 11:20 pm -      #113

“A Zombie Pandemic would actually boost the economy if anything else. ”

I think so too, my plan was a “better safe than sorry” way of thinking.

14. L-W May 17, 2009 at 12:27 am -      #114

“I have to ask, how exactly would a zombie outbreak the agricultural branch of economy? High demand for food items for survivors to live off of?”

Well, you have the basic demands that follow any crisis (The need to resupply areas that have been structurally and economically affected), but with any major disease comes a major paranoia as to what the public is putting in their mouths on a daily basis. Even if it scientifically proven that the disease is only transmitted via the exchange of bodily fluids, people are still going to feel the fear associated with the possible infection through food thanks to certain agenda humping spin doctors who pollute the public mindset each and every day.

Just like the Vaccine debate; even though there is no proven link between the increase in vaccinations and the rising cases of Autism in children, some idiots still refuse to vaccinate their kids at all, and are curious as to why a month later their child is dying of Measles.

In turn this same fear promotes financing and research into alternate methods of ‘hygeinic’ agriculture, people want to be assured that their food is safe. Since people actually need food, the demand for further research and funding into the industry would be simply overwhelming. As with anything (Terrorism, school shootings, snipers etc.) the fear of Zombies returning would be a constant threat in the back of their minds.

15. PaPPa JUDAS May 17, 2009 at 3:17 am -      #115

If Paris Hilton survives the Zombie appoclypse I’m killing myself

16. Space marine May 17, 2009 at 8:40 am -      #116

If Paris Hilton survives the Zombie appoclypse I’m killing myself

What about Micheal Jackson!?

17. PaPPa JUDAS May 17, 2009 at 7:06 pm -      #117

He will not survive he looks like a zombie anyway and I not talking thriller

18. Onesidedfight May 17, 2009 at 7:41 pm -      #118

Anyone remember WW2? You know the thing that rocketed America out of it’s first deperison? A zombie invasion would first destory world wide econmie, but then it would repair it.

19. anakin skywalker May 18, 2009 at 12:27 am -      #119

thats a nigthmare

20. Space marine May 18, 2009 at 1:48 am -      #120

“crawling necron….”

I told you his legs phased out but not his body! So he has to crawl back, and Im a pedobear now, Say it with me, Pedobear.

21. marvel man who knows all May 18, 2009 at 2:16 am -      #121

that would very scary

22. PaPPa JUDAS May 19, 2009 at 2:23 pm -      #122

Lindsay Lohan oh she won’t be a problem just throw a bottle of mini bar liquor off a cliff she’ll folow it.

23. Master Arbiter(Spartan G44) May 19, 2009 at 9:40 pm -      #123

My Zombie Plan:
    It involves a Shotgun, Couple of grendes, and a Baseball Bat.

And yours???

24. PaPPa JUDAS May 20, 2009 at 12:14 pm -      #124

Machette & Hatchet mabey a few gallons of gassoline and a Zippo

25. chewie6000 May 20, 2009 at 3:07 pm -      #125

“What If you encounter Lindsay Lohan in a subway?” well… :O

26. chewie6000 May 20, 2009 at 3:09 pm -      #126

I apologise for my above comment- it was a moment of weakness. It will not happen again.

oh and my plan?? shotgun and chocolate mmmmmmm…….

27. RiseUp May 20, 2009 at 5:55 pm -      #127

Everyone says shotgun……but what’s it good for if it doesn’t have ammo?!?!

28. PaPPa JUDAS May 22, 2009 at 12:22 pm -      #128

The real question we should be asking our selves is if these are the slow Zombies of classic films and not the fast Zombies of modern films would you try do the thriller dance?

29. Dracosphinx May 22, 2009 at 11:05 pm -      #129

killing zombies with rapid hip thrusts… OH MY GOD! IT ACTUALLY WORKED!!!

30. PaPPa JUDAS May 23, 2009 at 1:17 pm -      #130

A Zippo is a brand of lighter that flips open and remains lit without the use of a button (think of the chair fire in Indiana Jones and the last crusade)

31. The One Sin May 27, 2009 at 1:01 am -      #131

“I will steal the prototypes of XM-8 Carbine, grab 2 9mm USP for a lara croft get-up and dress up like Zoey(L4D) or Jill Valentine(RE1 Custom Black Shirt with Jeans) or perhaps K. Stokes(F.E.A.R. 2) If I could customize a BDU plus gear”

A 5.56 of any type is a good choice. I personally would try to get an AK or an FN FAL if possible. A 7.62mm is just my deal. And I would try to get a hold of .45 handguns, a taurus judge, My winchester defender with pistol style grips, and the brass knuckles from Constantine.

I’ll grow my beard and dress a bill. I was actually going to try to get some people to be the survivors for halloween with me.

32. El Zilcho May 27, 2009 at 6:46 am -      #132

My Zombie plan: guns, ammo, lots and lots of food and water, a boat, gas and an offshore platform

33. PaPPa JUDAS May 27, 2009 at 6:55 pm -      #133

Zombie plan 2.0 Beer Chainmail and any weapons that can crush or cleave a skull.

34. the_man_with The_Answers June 6, 2009 at 9:52 pm -      #134

I will capture a zombie, name it sue, feed it my naighbors cats, and walk it on a leesh.

Na just kidding

I’m gonna buy a 10acre island that 2 hours away from anywhere. Build a 20ft high barbed chainlink fence around the tree line, a 10ft concrete wall around the cental complex in the center of the island, 6 gaurd towers, a supply shed, HQ, recreational area, garden, sleeping area, lavatory, and a weapons cache inside the main complex. Then stock it full of supplys and set it up for a self-contained envirment without the need of outside interference.

This will only cost me around 2 million dollars, so if y’all want to pitch in, theres a guard tower calling your name.

35. PaPPa JUDAS June 7, 2009 at 5:34 pm -      #135

how about the mimi gun from predator just clearcut anything that gets in your way

36. Rise Up June 7, 2009 at 7:50 pm -      #136

Second Zombie Plan:
    I would get a large group of uninfected people, and build a giant complex. The complex would have about 20 guard towers on the walls. The walls will be steel reinforced conrete and will have claymores placed outside the wall to catch wandering zombies. I would get a katana, a .45 ACP 1911, a M4A1 with SOPMOD package, and a shotgun for close encounters. The guard towers would have three M110 semi auto sniper rifles, one M-60 machine gun, and one Mk. 19 grenade launcher each. I would have a large garden and a large fish and poultry farm inside he grounds of the complex. The buildings will be separated by 5 inch steel doors that require a passcard to pass through, and by canals with fish inside. If the zombies were to get inside the perimeter, I would go to plan B which is me moving as many people and as much food, water, and ammo underground into a large vault with a large housing area and a large hydroponics facility.

37. The One Sin June 7, 2009 at 8:56 pm -      #137

“Gee, AK-47 & FN FAL are old chips….they are prone to double-feeding and stoppages…..I will look like an APR mercenary if i get a hold on these….”

38. Rise Up June 7, 2009 at 10:33 pm -      #138

“Depends on the shape its in. I f I can get one of these not coated in rust I’ll be in good shape. And I can hope for an AK 101, a 5.56 version of the AK series.”

I think the most recent 5.56mm version is the AK103. I could be wrong.

39. The One Sin June 8, 2009 at 10:19 am -      #139

The AK 10X series goes though 101-105. Some use 7.62×39, 5.45×39, and 5.56×45. I went with 101 because I couldn’t remember what he others shot.

40. Michael June 11, 2009 at 10:36 am -      #140

HELL YEAH LETS GO!!!! BRING IT ON RETARDS IM READY!!!! IM READY FOR ANY MEATHEAD THAT WANTS MY ARM!!!! ILL FREAKIN OWN THAT WAR HELL YEAH!!!! I HOPE THIS HAPPENS ALSO!!!! THAT WOULD BE F#KIN COOL !!!!
    ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

41. Dracosphinx June 11, 2009 at 10:46 am -      #141

So what if these people aren’t retarded by the disease? hmm? I’m sick of being Ignored by those who feel they are superior to everyone. Check out comment #70.

42. Dracosphinx June 12, 2009 at 12:52 am -      #142

io9.com/5286145/a-harvard-psychiatrist-explains-zombie-neurobiology
    check out this article. my theory was just blown out the window.

43. Matapiojo June 12, 2009 at 8:19 am -      #143

That was a good article Draco. Thanks for the link.

44. whatif89 June 27, 2009 at 4:45 am -      #144

everybody is assuming that there theory about zombies is right which in realitly no one knows how zombies act more less how themselfs will act when faced with a zombie…im pretty sure im going to get the response of “you wrong i know what i would do” or some bs like that…cause whos to say it already hasnt happened and its being covered up… and to all those with there “plans” as in movies and in real life PLANS NEVER WORK… you could have the best laid out plan there could be but one slip up and your screwed… books,movies, video games make it to where the player of the game wins or the main actor escapes near death… noone knows the truth of how a zombie infect you start or end… people grow up cause like vampires and werewolfs…zombies are fictional, fake, no real! so this what ifing is a waste of time your putting to much thought into stuff you know nothing of……….

45. Prime Chaos June 28, 2009 at 12:05 am -      #145

Well looks like my planet project will have to be redone.

/sigh

It was going so well too. Goodbye Earth you had a good chance until you got ruined.

Also Whatif89. Have fun being a jerk when i blow Earth up. Sometimes its good to be Chaos.

Also everyone else you are allowed to live in the dimension of Chaos if you wish. Its really fun theres loads of crazy thiings to do. Also Einstien needs a new logic buddy. He been on my case for nearly 20 years and won’t shut up.

Have fun!

46. hitman8 July 3, 2009 at 2:53 pm -      #146

if you guys need a theory about zombies im the one to give you it. ok zombies are possible first of all. the people are only fully dead after being infected for about a couple of hours before being reanimated. there is no memory of pased life at all in the zombies. they move very very slow because of the blood clotting in the veins. the only way to kill them would be to destroy the brain. they would be able to cross masses of water because they don’t need to breath but can’t swim they just drift around and being bit wouldn’t be the only way to get infected( blood contact, eating infected flesh, drinking infected water,) thats my theory about zombies now for my how would this affect us in real life rant. all i have to say is that it took the goverment 3 weeks to get food and water to the superdome.

47. Sand Josieph July 6, 2009 at 6:59 pm -      #147

From what I can see from reading all these comments is that the traditional zombie apocalypse probably wouldn’t last too long. That is, of course, if these zombies aren’t like the ones from Return of the Living Dead. Those zombies are smart, fast, and only complete destruction of the body will get rid of it as dismemberment simply creates roving zombie body parts.

Also, I seem to recall that in Romero’s zombie universe, anyone who dies becomes a zombie. It doesn’t matter if you were bit or not. If you were bit, you would become infected and die that much faster. So if the zombie virus can be spread in a rather stealthy matter, to the point where everyone is infected, and remain dormant until the person dies, then there could be an issue.

48. cyborg pirate ninja jesus July 6, 2009 at 10:06 pm -      #148

i wouldnt be too worried….i live in a rather creepy house but the old lady were renting from has big metal sheets covering the screen doors that have a bolt lock and padlock on the inside the windows are tinted pretty well and the whole thing is sound proofed…..there is a big shopping centre nearby and a gun shop….so if zombies come im gonna last a little while…

and im in australia..why would zombies be here……stupid kangaroos

49. PaPPa JUDAS July 7, 2009 at 12:35 am -      #149

@cyborg pirate ninja jesus
    “and im in australia..why would zombies be here……stupid kangaroos”

I saw an Aussie Zombie flick called Undead

Ps it was crap but there was a tripple barreled shot gun

50. cyborg pirate ninja jesus July 7, 2009 at 1:01 am -      #150

yeh most aussie movies are crap….but that shotgun sounds pretty delicious

hope zombies dont come to oz tho we have enough dedly things here as is

for example
    www.geekologie.com/2009/03/09/kangaroo.jpg
    www.geocities.com/muirnin/Dropbear.jpg

51. PaPPa JUDAS July 7, 2009 at 1:41 am -      #151

“yeh most aussie movies are crap”

There is no film you can’t fix with the aplication of excesive substance abuse before or during the film just pick your poison how else do you explain M. Night Shyamalan

52. cyborg pirate ninja jesus July 7, 2009 at 3:02 am -      #152

hahaha sooo truuuuu……talking about substance abuse try watching this while under those substances
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAwR6w2TgxY

when i did i was just staring ……….woah

53. ss July 30, 2009 at 11:55 am -      #153

i think this is dead but ill say my piece anyway
    the large scale zombie plans(eg fortresses) hav a VERY low chance of succeed, best bet is to get somewhere secluded, well protected, and already figured out instead of assuming it will be there (u no who u are) as for me, i dont own any guns, but i have a machete, axe, 4 swords, of my collection 1/3 of the knives are long enough to decapitate a zombie, and a bat which me and any other survivers i find wil use until we can get to dick sporting goods, not to far from my house for guns (i doubt ill getany military issue guns, not very easy at atime like that) 3 vehicles and food storage here, easily acessable and moved to my aunts, which is like a fortress, and the hardest thing i would atempt to get is a helicopter for easy escapes, probably a news helicopter (if we are being realistic) on the roof, i will outfit the place with what i can

54. ss August 16, 2009 at 1:47 am -      #154

to revise that plan, stealing a ship, or never staying in 1 place 2 long are long term

55. CJ4short August 21, 2009 at 11:11 pm -      #155

Hide out in a Costco- easy to close doors, lotsof food, (eat the meats first, or salt them) and easy ways to get up high, and stay high in the shelves should they get in.

M14 rifle with an x8 scope, firing the trusted 308, or the 7.62 if the other runs out. Always on semi- make everyshot count.

56. Dracosphinx August 22, 2009 at 12:02 am -      #156

hehey! I haven’t seen this for almost a year!

57. cyborg pirate ninja jesus August 22, 2009 at 2:05 am -      #157

havent seen what??????

58. Space marine August 22, 2009 at 4:08 am -      #158

“ps. drop bears are just koalas…but we tell tourists that they drop from trees to claw them and it works……lol”

I do that too…It does work. I told Baron somebody about them and he believed me.

59. REAPER3fitty August 31, 2009 at 10:17 pm -      #159

my favorite people are the ones who say that they will go to walmart, costco, gunshops, etc. There are two problems with that, 1 you are not the smartest person in your communty the other residents are thinking the exact same thing and 2 if you get there the stors dont have enough ammo and food for a long term situation. also 98 percent of have no idea how to clean or maintain or even work an assault rifle. just because you watch future weapoins and beat call of duty 4 on hard does not make you a friggin marine. sure movies give basic knowledge like firing and reloading. what about a double feed, internal firing,malfunctioning pin, or a piston break…hmmmmm. and zombies are not your only problem looters, burglars and desperste people are even more dangerous. Oh and for all you dante,links,and kratoses(never had to pluralize kratos, sorry) th swords will due nothing but kill a few zombies in a blur of unstylized fighting while the hundred zombies behind you rip out your ribcage. And to that one guy who will build a fully functioning refugee camp by himself. How come you arent stopping word hunger and homelessness. you can obviously build this structure by yourself with no supplies, no training, no electricity because yoour in a remote area, no equipment cuz the wall is already there and you just found it and no computer knowledge of how to set up passcode locks and other things. Now although running outside going zombie bashing with a katana is effing awesome, its unrealistic, now if you have a safe place to live and defend then maybe you can bust out the old sword from the videogame wepon room that we all have and treat yourself, but not now. i agree with the hunters on here, try pulling off a headshot while terrified, the military can do it you cant. and ven if you did manage to get your hands on a rifle from the store. it doesnt come killin ready. do you know how to sight it in, or how to clean it. And to the guy who thinks that grenades or rockets wont kill more than 3 zombie, so your saying unless the rockets hits the zed in the head it wont hurt it…….fail. one javeline warhead will obliterate anything within a 15 foot radius. and where exactly is everyone getting there 1911 taurus pistols, m4a1 sopmods, aks, and aa shotguns or am i the only guy in texas that doesnt have a public access military base right next to the hooters. and for the 99.9999998% of you who get a .44 mag the second you shoot it you will not have your front teeth and you will have a broken nose. the truth is the moment you see a zed you wont be all rambo and beat it to death youll run inside with a baseball bat (or for most of you a replica of a starwars lightsaber signed by lucas himself in mint condition) and try to fight them of.

now im done

60. ss August 31, 2009 at 10:33 pm -      #160

theswords and such are only temparary, bcause that is all ihave, thus iuse it and molotov cocktails, to get out of the area(assuming ican), until i find something better, and yes staying anywhere is a retarded idea, movingand livingnomadically is the only way

61. i dunno September 4, 2009 at 4:18 pm -      #161

in all likelihood, most governments would respond TOO SLOWLY to effectivly resist.

think about it:
    the british government (my goverment) is full of economy obsessed of fags, the american goverment would argue over whether or not the geneva convention applies to zombies, then they would see if the zombies had OIL, otherwise, no war.

i have nothing against the countries or people of the governments aforementioned. BUT BY THE EMPEROR, I HATE THE GOVERNMENTS

so really, its up to us to resist the ZOMBIE hordes

i have a plan… anyone listening?

62. ss September 8, 2009 at 12:09 pm -      #162

then say your plan

63. Sapper007 September 8, 2009 at 12:47 pm -      #163

There is a castle like mansion close to where i live it has a portcullus(spelling) and single entry points… easy to defend against zombie hordes… i would set up shop in there, having people come to for safe keeping, I would also go to Fort Belvoir and see about getting a set of m1114′s they never use em anyways… and fortify my castle with my personal collection… once, Fort Belvoir fell i would raid it and wal mart for food and weaponry, an easy task with my up armored hummers…

64. Reaper 3fitty September 9, 2009 at 12:29 am -      #164

Like I said going to walmart isn’t smart you’re entire community will be swarming it. And the same goes for your castle, your not the only one who knows it’s there.
    And armored hummers……… Seriuosly

65. Sam the heretic September 12, 2009 at 5:44 pm -      #165

@ Diana and Space Marine
    I like lindsay lohan and ms. Hilton. I think they are both quite pretty and i would…go there. As for zombies…uh…did i mention how nice ms. Lohan’s “eyes” are…hmmm… Oh ya…zombies. Who here has read the stephen king short story in which the world not only has to deal with an immenent alien invasion,but the POTUS has just been eaten by zombies who were reanimated by the said aliens/alien wormthings…now that would be a shit storm…and a bit more realistic if you ask me…which you aren’t :-(

66. joey dreamer October 29, 2009 at 12:10 am -      #166

the safest places i think would be like a prison or jail, the post office, anything with a lockable acces entry, not walmart for christ sakes, are you serious, mayby to “shop” but for how long, hours, minutes, vehicles would be obsolete because the roadways would be jammed, maybe water travel. i dont think zombies can swim. but it is coming, think about it… cloning humans!!!!!!!!!!! stem cell research. how many zombies has the “government” already “disposed” of and how long before they fuck up and one escapes or attacks them somehow and like in 28 days later it will spread and i think it will be exactly like that movie. big guns and lots of ammo. explosives. fire. that will all kill zombies. 1 shot 1 kill headshots.
    what did that guy say?, armored hummers… good luck with that. armored choppers maybe!!! and what about the animals, would they turn also, or would they sense it like they do the weather? crazy. anyways, i’m down if it happens and not only will i kill zombies, but i will kill anything or anybody acting ignorant because i dont want to be a zombie or zombie food..!!

67. Caseyy November 13, 2009 at 11:35 am -      #167

Ok hi Im Caseyy,
    first thing I would be SCARED out of my mind but in other-words i wouldnt me and my friend were talking about this the other day we hav the most perfect pla we awnsered all of the ifs ands or buts we covered all of the things that we knew about movies,books,and different things about zombies we went to websites and talked about it to other people………………..

1st-If your in your home you lock all the windows and dorrs and anything else that they can come into!!!
    2nd-If your in your home you gather all the supplies that you need to stay alive if you have pets If i were you i would try to take 2 or 3 cars no matter what if u want if they wont slow you down take your pets in some movies and other things it says that ZOMBIES dont eat pets they are like invisable to them but I highly doubt that they wouldnt eat anything but meat and flesh but if you want to know more add me on myspace jk well i hav to go and live my life before its over in 2012 goodbye!!!

68. ss November 13, 2009 at 12:18 pm -      #168

there is no safe place, you have to keep moving, ships are particularly prized for this sort of thing

69. i dunno November 13, 2009 at 12:38 pm -      #169

ah yes, my plan. which i forgot to post:

i live in britain, which is an island, so the most available way of getting out of the country is to use a boat/s

now my plan involves sending various relatives down to england to collect some other relatives that i refuse to leave behind. i will at the same time have my neighbors collect any supplies and relatives that they would bring.

i and a few others are going to head over to saint andrews, a town on the end of fife, where we will loot a boat or a few boats.

then, i will bring the boats to crail, a small village on the coast of fife where the neighbors and relatives will have gone after collecting their relatives and supplies.

then we sail for one of the following.

*america (if we have the supplies for the journey)
    *canada (same as america)
    *norway
    *denmark
    *russia
    *germany
    *france

then we will loot a military armoury if we find one, and there are companies trying to revive the zeppelin in europe and america. we will take to the skies if we find a zeppelin (or two) and then travel around a planned route around the globe, or we will head to iceland, where geothermal power will supply the means to continue our lifestyles from before(TV, radio, computers, ECT)

plus, my list of to do after finding a zeppelin:

*bomb downing street
    *bomb the UN headquarters
    *bomb any surviving chavs (or snipe the scum, and then drink tea as i gradually shoot the remaining body parts off of them, taking joy in thier pain as the abominations are erased from our perfect globe)
    *BURN THE FUCK OUT OF THE PARLIMENT BUILDING
    *burn texas

also, i will commandeer a nuclear silo if i shuld find one…

70. ss November 13, 2009 at 12:43 pm -      #170

@i dunno
    theres alot of ifs in that plan though

71. i dunno November 13, 2009 at 1:21 pm -      #171

“theres alot of ifs in that plan though”

yup, there is.

that is why i have several guidelines to stick to in the event that none of these resources are available:

*stick away from areas with high population density
    *observe the military’s actions before contacting them
    *infected limbs must be amputated, and bitten people caged for at least 2 days (to determine whether they were infected)

*always carry a reliable melee weapon with a long reach and medium weight (make sure that kinetic energy transfer is sufficient to down a zombie, permanently)

*if travelling by car, bring extra petrol cans, and a pump to remove petrol from abandoned cars and other vehicles

*keep a bike (not a motor one) handy

*avoid the use of weapons that require extensive training

*beware of bathrooms

72. ss December 17, 2009 at 1:49 pm -      #172

haha the last 1 was from zombieland

73. Akibahara March 21, 2010 at 6:56 pm -      #173

Hrm, I’m not too sure, really. However, since we all watch zombie films and other horror movies I’m betting many people would “aim for the head,” including the military,

And a hero arises from the zombie war: Max Brooks.

74. Frank West March 26, 2010 at 12:17 pm -      #174

If you watch enough zombie films and play enough zombie games then you’ll be fine.

75. Nattuo March 26, 2010 at 1:30 pm -      #175

This has been done a few times(translation: done to death, pun fully intended) on another board I frequent. There are a set of assumptions we can make

-Shambler zombies
    -Runner zombies
    -Super zombies

-Airborne contamination
    -Fluid borne contamination(typical “You get scratched, you become a zombie.” deal)

That’s a potential of six combinations. Assuming the outbreak starts out minor(and not spontaneous at high distribution through an unknown intermediate viral form that is comparatively harmless) it goes somethieing like this:

-Airborne, shambler: Minor threat. Probably a fairly major concern locally, but contained without much difficulty(we’re used to dealing with airborne contaminants, and shamblers are not a tactical or strategic consideration).

-Watre borne, shambler: Never gets off the ground. Any contaminated person stands good odds of beating the zombie to death.

-Air borne, runner: Basic airborne biological weapons containment applies here, just replace “Panicking people trying to get to safety” with “angry zombies”

-Water Borne, runner: Never really gets going, again the infectee stands a good chance of beating the zombie to death.

-Air borne, super: This could pose a real problem, depending on how ‘super’ we make the zombies.

-Water borne, super: A problem, locally, but not a major threat.

Potential complicating factors:

Intermediary stage: If the zombie virus has an initial stage that resembles seasonal flu, that lasts about a month, before a spontaneous conversion to the zombie making variant. The distribution of the virus would be very, very high. Making any containment all but impossible, nearly any group other than water borne shamblers can pose a threat if the intermediary is long enough and harmless enough.

Intelligence: Shambling hordes are one thing, but shambling hordes that can drive are downright dangerous.

Healers: Zombies that can heal are difficult to put down, you can temporarily invalidate them, but they will recover quite rapidly. The only reliable method of bringing them down permanently is to destroy large portions of the brain. This makes runner variants vastly more dangerous. Although shamblers are still nearly as useless as they were before.

Assumptions made: I’ve assumed a zombie is ‘immune’ to many forms of minor physical trauma, but still requires a functional motive structure to get around(if not a circulatory or respiratory system), I’m also going with the traditional ‘only headshots work’ idea. Which basically means a zombie can be invalidated by getting beat on with a baseball bat(if all its limbs are broken it is hardly useful for chasing down suspiciously under dressed cheerleaders), it can only be truly killed by significant head trauma(so beating it with a baseball bat may well kill it outright).

I have not assumed super strength for the zombies, but I am using the “strength of the mad” thing which provides a fairly substantial advantage in grappling, but little else.

76. MEGADOOMER March 26, 2010 at 3:40 pm -      #176

I’m thinking this will turn out just as it did in the movie Zombieland. People will be confused as to why gray people with blood oozing from their mouths will be running at them. By the time they realize its a zombie, they’ll already be screwed. Plus most people will have trouble killing closely known people who have turned into zombies. Plus zombies are stupid hard to kill.

@PappaJudas

Zombie infections never happen as airborne viruses. They must be spread through physical contact. And even if someones imune system is strong, only one in a million people will be immune to the virus. But even if they do get bitten and don’t turn, they’ll still get eaten.

77. DS March 27, 2010 at 2:57 pm -      #177

I have an arsenal. plenty of swords and other melee weapons as well. I know to keep the spent shells to reload them, how to make nitrocellulose, plenty of survival skills and I would likely survive with the rest of my family for a long while. problem is, with six billion people on the earth, we will make an infestation of zombies into the greatest plague ever. Also,in WWZ it suggests that governments are ineffective in maintaining order, but great at keeping secrets. This, i suspect is true. By the time they admitted to anything being wrong, it might well be a plague we cannot hope to recover from. since it’s carrier (The zombies) are an active method of infection-they go look for targets, persons after persons would get infected, probably die and reanimate in hospitals, causing panic, chaos, during which other people would get bit. by the time they got it under control, how could they tell who was bitten and who just got cut? We won’t kill people for no reason, so we would have to wait until they got back up. the numbers would increase, people would panic. this would go on everywhere and soon enough, we would be in deep doo-doo!

78. Nattuo March 28, 2010 at 9:12 am -      #178

“As for the Government, I think when they start getting calls of zombie like attacks, they’ll either think the person is trying to pull some practical joke and laugh over the phone as the caller gets eaten, or they’ll be so shocked that there are actual zombies running around that they won’t know how to react. They at first might just send in a patrol once a city loses all contact, and then they’ll put up a few incredibly poor resistances before ultimately losing all cities to infestations. And then the world just goes to crap.”

Unfortunately for that line of reasoning zombies can be treated like refugees from any high risk biowarfare attack(shoot them if they don’t yield to warnings).

Any decent government knows how to enact a quarantine, regardless of whether it’s zombies or contagions that are actually far more dangerous.

79. urkburger May 8, 2010 at 12:01 am -      #179

last stand with the chosen one wit guns and a splosive stockpile to light at the end

80. JohnyF June 14, 2010 at 12:50 pm -      #180

Chuck Norris whould kill all the zombies

81. Renegade October 12, 2010 at 2:51 am -      #181

Saturation bombing and armored commandos with dogs and snipers on every roof top afterward for cleanup and the whole matter would be solved in less than a month

82. What's Kraken October 25, 2010 at 8:48 pm -      #182

I would run to the hardware store and other place of that nature and grab as many hard core gruesome weapons I can find to use to kill a zombie with

83. The_Thinker-247 November 21, 2011 at 11:14 pm -      #183

Same here I would take the knifes from my house and raid places with my friends that were still alive alive and we would survive and start at survival camp and every one that is still fully alive would be welcome and we will conquer the zombies wipe them out and restart our world.

« Previous 1 2