Master Chief vs Kirby

Master Chief vs Kirby

Ok, I have to admit when this was first suggested, I thought it must be a joke. But after doing a lil bit of research, the pink ball of energy has some interesting attacks that the Chief may have some trouble accounting for:

Master Chief

• Various weapon skills
  • Regenerating Shields
  • Multiple Vehicle selection
  • Lone Wolf Mentality
  • Super Cool Armor

Kirby

• Warp Star
  • Extremely Flexible
  • Takes on characteristics of who he is Fighting
  • Giant Hammer
  • Shape Shifter
  • So, how does this match play out?

« Previous 1 2 3 4

321 Comments on "Master Chief vs Kirby"

1. Aelfinn March 24, 2014 at 10:04 pm -      #301

I don’t have much time for FP right now (so I’ll have to come back to Raiden vs. Samus at another time, don’t you worry), but I had to comment on a few things.
    “What’s wrong with you people?
    He fights him, he survives it.”

For the love of god, that’s not proof. It just isn’t. How can you have the BALLS to claim that BankGambling “twists evidence” when all we did was say: “Show us Kirby doing the thing”. You didn’t show us Kirby doing the thing, therefore, there’s no proof he can do it. It’s as simple as that. Power-scaling is a fallacy that only works in very, very specific cases, and even then, it’s relatively flimsy evidence. On the OBD wiki and NarutoForums in general, almost zero thought is put into whether a calc makes sense in-setting. “Majora brought down the Moon? All her attacks must be continent-busting!” “We scaled off the in-game map, and now Cloud has country-level spells and durability!” “Link is anywhere close to continent-level durability!”

Start demonstrating actual proof of an event, and we’re more likely to believe you. Until then, stop acting like a Fisherking: (“To be expected of insolent pigs”) by being condescending to anyone who actually dares to ask you for proof of a claim.

2. Commander Cross March 24, 2014 at 10:04 pm -      #302

Madoka Magica generally has Manga Spin-offs, and the ones that show anyone from the Anime in particular is also justified if factored in.

That was a combination of Power Scaling and Occam’s Razor, and if we have to go with Power-Scaling, the Original Laharl can be punched out by an Adell who isn’t aware he wasn’t a ‘Vanilla’ Human at the time(coined ‘Un-Altered Humans’ in the setting), does that automatically mean that Adell has FTL Reflexes or Combat Speed at the time rather than later on in Adell’s journey?
    No, no definitely not.

What is clear is that Kirby is able to hold his own against Meta Knight on numerous occasions, and for that Kirby is to be commended at all times regardless.

3. Alpha or Omega March 24, 2014 at 10:18 pm -      #303

@Aelfinn
    Laharl can’t prove it because it doesn’t exist and he requires power scaling.
    I also have most of the Kirby games so I can even see if he’s lying or not.
    How hard is college?

4. Commander Cross March 24, 2014 at 10:42 pm -      #304

ComicViners from ComicVine (in general) know what the hell they’re doing, despite being as flawed as Democracy in general can be, for those of us who looked up TV Tropes.

They are not without their Bad Eggs or Evil Seeds, but that’s an issue for another time.

Also as for the college bit, don’t ask me as your guess is as good as mine. :|

Also, what powers does Kirby start out with?

5. Aelfinn March 24, 2014 at 11:13 pm -      #305

“How hard is college?”

Well, it’d be easier if I didn’t procrastinate so much :D
    That’s a difficult question to answer, though. I’m a science major, and those are not easy (I’m in Biochemistry), but it’s all about finding what works best for you, cliche as that sounds. I avoid Liberal Arts like the plague, but there are English majors who feel the same way about Math and Science. It’s hella fun, though, and the people here are great. Are you going to college soon, or the like?

6. Negative Zero March 24, 2014 at 11:16 pm -      #306

@Laharl
    How hard is it to separate your replies from the posts your replying to?

7. Alpha or Omega March 24, 2014 at 11:30 pm -      #307

Well, if you consider two years and a half to be soon, then sure.
    I was just simply curious and kinda nervous.
    If it makes you feel better, I’m pretty horrible in English as well.
    I’m fine with Math though, and I don’t understand why people think it’s hard.

8. Negative Zero March 24, 2014 at 11:39 pm -      #308

“He has enough TK force to pull down a moon. Casually to the point of even making it drop slowly.”
    So that somehow means that Majora was hitting Link with continent busting whip arms based on it’s TK? The fuck?

9. Aelfinn March 24, 2014 at 11:50 pm -      #309

“I was just simply curious and kinda nervous.”

In my experience, the best way to adapt to college is to get into a routine. Make some friends, hang out a bit, and get into a schedule. There’s homesickness and a massive sense of being overwhelmed in the first week or so, but if you get your mind off of it and settle down, it will come together. And be willing to help the female students when they’re having math trouble ;)
    “I don’t understand why people think it’s hard.”

I think it comes down to (mostly) how exposed to it someone is as a child. Math is less “exciting” than reading (which I love) and writing (which I absolutely hate), so once it’s ignored in the earlier years it’s hard to get motivated and be willing to learn about it later. What we focus on as children is incredibly important.

10. Lowk Rowe March 25, 2014 at 12:24 am -      #310

So, Kirby and bullets. How tough is the little guy to those?
    “I’m fine with Math though, and I don’t understand why people think it’s hard.”

Cuz it’s evil science magic that hurts the brain.

11. Marcel March 25, 2014 at 12:38 am -      #311

“Well, it’d be easier if I didn’t procrastinate so much :D”

This^

English is my minor, but I’m a Drama major. When I tell people this they can be kinda like *PPHHHHHHT* good luck getting a job, your classes must be so easy, etc. They’re not. Entry-level drama is easy, but if you want to be good at it, it’s just as hard as any other department you can major in.

Just venting, lol. Anyhoo, mad respect for the Science majors (I’m lookin at you, Aelfinn); I have no idea how you manage the lab writeups. I’m currently trying to finish one up, and it’s slaying me right now. LOVE science, but I can’t stand the writeups. Would much rather read a writeup to conclude whether or not something is true than to write one up. Props to all you guys, my hat is off to you.

On-topic, Kirby has dealt with Gordos before, if it counts for durability.

12. Rookie December 15, 2014 at 7:51 am -      #312

Kirby might win.

13. The Terror December 15, 2014 at 8:09 am -      #313

@Rookie
    “Kirby might win” is a massive understatement. Kirby is a ftl (on warp star), planet busting, 4th wall breaking monster who, if he wanted to, can eat MC and get whatever worthless ability he has. MC does not have the weaponry, skills, or powers to even be a regular foe in Kirby games, so tell me how MC even has a chance.

14. Rookie December 15, 2014 at 8:12 am -      #314

@The Terror

“Kirby is a ftl (on warp star), planet busting, 4th wall breaking monster”

Then this match is indeed a stomp.

15. nsl98 December 15, 2014 at 9:57 am -      #315

Kirbys only, like 8 inches tall though.

Kirby – Kirby Wiki – The Kirby Encyclopedia
    kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Kirby‎
    Kirby’s body is soft and flexible, allowing him to flatten himself or expand like a balloon. Officially he is 20 centimeters (8 inches) tall, but the Super Smash Bros.
    ‎Kirby (species) – ‎ChuChu – ‎Ribbon – ‎Kirby’s Dream Land

16. The Terror December 15, 2014 at 10:59 am -      #316

@nsl98
    he is also ftl and planet busting

17. nsl98 December 15, 2014 at 11:11 am -      #317

Is he ftl in movement speed? Or is that only with the Warp Star?

18. The Terror December 15, 2014 at 11:25 am -      #318

only with warp star

19. nsl98 December 15, 2014 at 11:49 am -      #319

So what’s stopping MC from shooting him right off the bat?

20. The Terror December 15, 2014 at 12:10 pm -      #320

Kirby can eat the attack then generate a warp star and end it with a planet busting punch to the face.

21. nsl98 December 15, 2014 at 4:47 pm -      #321