Master Chief vs Marcus Fenix

Master Chief vs Marcus Fenix

Another reader request. For me this is hardly fair. Marcus has very little advantage (if at all) in this match up – If it were MC versus the Locust, the game would be over in about 5 minutes.

Master Chief:

• Various weapon skills
  • Cool Armor
  • Decent Vehicles
  • Lone Wolf Mentality
  • Has shields to re-generate

Marcus Fenix

• Reluctant Leader
  • Various Weapon Skills
  • Strength
  • Guts
  • Abandoned his post

So, Gears of War Fans, how can Mr. Fenix pull out the upset?

245 Comments on "Master Chief vs Marcus Fenix"

1. AlphaCommando June 7, 2009 at 6:34 pm -      #201

And MC can’t?

Mere gameplay differences, besides MC was declared the legitimate winner a while ago, for proof read some of the later posts by Triumvirate members.

2. x on June 7, 2009 at 7:00 pm -      #202

ahh Alpha you got to the idiot first :(

3. TheSorrow June 7, 2009 at 7:04 pm -      #203

It’s like he is trying to start an argument. Pathetic. VERY pathetic.

4. PaleoTyrantus June 8, 2009 at 2:05 pm -      #204

All im saying is that their basically even….just depends on hwat weapons they can use and stuff like that.

5. TheSorrow June 8, 2009 at 3:31 pm -      #205

At what point does this match make you think that they are even? The gap between the two’s abilities is great. Marcus’ chainsaw would break on contact when it hits Master Chief’s armor if he could ever get that close. MC’s aiming abilities far outstrip Marcus. He’s faster, stronger, more experienced, and smarter. Nuff said.

6. PaleoTyrantus June 8, 2009 at 6:40 pm -      #206

I still think Marcus is more bad@ss. I mean MC’s armor is plain stupid looking.

7. TheSorrow June 8, 2009 at 7:38 pm -      #207

I guess this means you finally realize who is the winner between the two?

8. x on June 8, 2009 at 9:11 pm -      #208

“I still think Marcus is more bad@ss”

No one cares who you think is more badass.

9. PaleoTyrantus June 9, 2009 at 9:52 am -      #209

I still think that Marcus could win. I never said he would win. I said he COULD win. x on Im just saying that I think Marcus is cooler then Chief.

10. JAMZ June 9, 2009 at 12:09 pm -      #210

JESUS CHRIST ITS JUST A POST TER IS NO POINT IN DESCUSING TIS IT IS OBVIOUS MC WILL WIN HE IS STRONGER ND CAN TAKE MORE DAMAGE!!! TAT MAKES HIM DA WINNER ALREADY!!! IF I GET 20 EMAILS IN 1 DAY BCUZ SUM RETARDS CANT ACCEPT DA TRUTH I WILL FUCKING KILL ALL DA GAY MARCUS FANBOYS! IM A BIG FAN OF GEARS> IN FACT I FINK IT BETTER THAN HALO BUT MC IS SUPERIOR SO STOP FUCKING FIGHTING!

11. AlphaCommando June 9, 2009 at 12:21 pm -      #211

Chill pill.

Argument over, already decided.

Also; don’t type in all caps. It makes you look like a raging idiot.

12. PaleoTyrantus June 9, 2009 at 1:25 pm -      #212

Am I saying that Marcus will always win?!?!? NO! JESUS CHRIST! I posted once and suddenly someone starts yelling at me like a f*cking moron because I stated my opinion! ISn’t this website about DISCUSSING things? Not about yelling at everyone that disagrees! All I said was that he CAN WIN but will LIKELY lose! Everyone needs to calm down! So if the choice is decided can’t you still state your opinion?

13. TheSorrow June 9, 2009 at 2:49 pm -      #213

Not if you don’t back up your statements with facts that persuade us to think Marcus has a fighting chance.

@JAMZ

Seriously dude, calm down.

14. PaleoTyrantus June 10, 2009 at 1:18 pm -      #214

Alright. If Marcus has the hammer of dawn or a boomshot I seee him being able to win. Plus some people are underestimating the C.O.G. armor.

15. TheSorrow June 10, 2009 at 1:30 pm -      #215

And I think you are definitely underestimating the MJOLNIR armor.

16. PaleoTyrantus June 11, 2009 at 11:09 am -      #216

No it’s very powerful armor! Better then Marcus’s, but it won’t protect him from The Hammer. Just depends on if he gets the chance to shoot it. (Which is unlikely)

17. Loco July 16, 2009 at 4:19 am -      #217

Easy, MC is the winer. Marcus is a mazing soilder but he is only a simple human, and ther MC is a experiment, he is faster, stronger, and he have faster brian cause a drugs, any human can figth whit him, even he have a very good armor and real time supor from cortana. Macus Phoenix is not oponent for Sierra 117, maby ODST team vs DELTA team is a best comparation.

18. Captain Epic September 20, 2009 at 2:46 pm -      #218

I know this is closed but I am wondering. MC could defiatly take Delta Squad but is theu were in the right terrain maybe Delta wold have a chance. Plus Cole Train could rush in. Not really MC would still take em. But could terrain give Fenix a slight advantage?

19. HHIIII MEEe September 20, 2009 at 3:43 pm -      #219

I think that it would be a tie

20. swifterdeath September 20, 2009 at 3:54 pm -      #220

@Captain

Suggest a match ‘Every member of delta team (Dead or Alive dosent matter) vs the chief. From what we know that puts roughly 12 guys against the chief. Then make it a Destroyed city there in. Give MC a Sniper and a pistol (Halo one pistol) then pit them against the deltas all equipeed with Lancers.

21. HHIIII MEEe September 20, 2009 at 3:58 pm -      #221

MC has the assault rifle and Fenix the chainsaw gun

22. Captain Epic September 20, 2009 at 10:47 pm -      #222

@swifterdeath

I have not read the books but Delta Squad from what I know is:

Marcus
    Dom
    Cole
    Braid
    Carmine 1
    Carmine 2
    Tai
    Kim

I think that is it.

23. MEGADOOMER January 26, 2010 at 5:15 pm -      #223

@Loco
    Go back to school dude, you’re grammar is terrible.
    @TheSorrow
    I have to agree with you dude, Master Chief would rape Fenix in the ass. Master Chief is an Uber Beast, he has better aim, he’s faster, he’s stronger, his armor has shields, it’s bullet proof and he’s just damn cooler. I mean MC’s like 2 feet taller than Fenix and he’s got circuitry in his brain. And have you looked at Marcus, the guy really let him self go, I mean he’s like 300 pounds of blubber in a tin shell. Now I like both Gears and Halo, but the Chief’s just better in every way. No disrespect to you Gears fans. Keep it kool. :)

24. Necron Lord FTW! January 27, 2010 at 11:33 pm -      #224

Very sorry for Marcus. He is a regular (albeit beefy and slightly genetically augmented) human in some awesome armor, but he doesn’t have energy shields, overpowered weapons, targeting, strength, or any of the other things the Chief does.

But he does have a chainsaw and he actually says more than 3 lines per game.

25. rasdon June 16, 2010 at 7:12 pm -      #225

Marcus fenix would win,I mean what kind of idiots are you guys ?
    Mc can be killed by a punch to the back of the head, and Marcus is more badass and is stronger.
    his chainsaw wil also kill Mc.
    We need a rematch.

26. person June 24, 2010 at 5:03 am -      #226

heres what hapens
    marcus turn into a pudle of blood and gore
    ’nuff said

27. ironman July 1, 2010 at 5:29 am -      #227

i don’t know much bout marcus but MC go smack in heres face and heres got heaps of guns and shiet like that so bang macus is dead

28. herrere July 9, 2010 at 3:13 pm -      #228

marcus cant flip a 66 ton tank can he?
    marcus cant jump in his armor thts reterted
    master chief can run 60 mph marcus cant
    master chief armor can take a tank shell
    also master chief reation time is 10 MILLISECONDS!
    so i think the chief could dodge a boomshot shell
    =the chief wins

29. Anonymous July 12, 2010 at 7:01 am -      #229

Marcus easilly wins. The Hammer can do the job.

30. herrere July 13, 2010 at 3:57 am -      #230

the chief would probably already have intel on the hammer and avoid open sky

31. Laharl July 13, 2010 at 4:36 am -      #231

Honestly why do people have to be stupider than me?

32. Blood Dancer July 13, 2010 at 4:57 am -      #232

@Laharl

Look at the bright side

33. Noodle August 16, 2010 at 12:20 pm -      #233

Yeah, ’cause Master Cheif’s just gonna stand there while Fenix aims his Hammer of Dawn.

34. Lol September 17, 2010 at 8:18 pm -      #234

are you kidding me?
    MC pwns

35. Super Ultra November 10, 2010 at 1:26 am -      #235

Ummm, Marcus can take shots to the face, no head protection at all, no energy shields, he also routinely recovers from multiple gunshot wounds just by being helped back to his feet by dom. Also, COG armour is thicker than Chiefs, and the shotgun in gears of war would blow the Chief in half.

36. Lowk November 10, 2010 at 2:16 am -      #236

Wow. just wow. I want to laugh but its so sad.

37. Carmine November 30, 2010 at 11:23 am -      #237

I may be a Gears Of War fan but Master Chief stomps.

38. Eric Gigliotti November 30, 2010 at 11:58 am -      #238

“Honestly why do people have to be stupider than me?”

“stupider”

‘Nuff said.

39. Carmine November 30, 2010 at 12:11 pm -      #239

I believe the correct way to say it is ”Honestly why do people have to be more stupid than me?”

40. Carmine September 6, 2011 at 4:09 pm -      #240

If this was the cole train it would be a stomp

41. S-M June 28, 2012 at 12:19 am -      #241

The Chief is a genetically modified supersoldier who Has a heavily armored suit with shielding . He has been training since he was a child and he is extremely intelligent. The Chief has over 30 years of fighting the almighty intergalactic empire of alien races known as the covanant which would which is somthing Marcus Fenix would never be able to do .

42. TheSorrow June 28, 2012 at 12:33 am -      #242

@S-M
    Thank you that incredibly generic comment praising Master Chief’s achievements, it will definitely come in handy later…

43. deathmetal3k June 28, 2012 at 1:42 am -      #243

I read these comments…. Wow…. Just wow…

44. Captain Epic June 28, 2012 at 2:29 am -      #244

“marcus cant flip a 66 ton tank can he?”

lol

45. CH1C4N0444 June 28, 2012 at 3:24 am -      #245

^And the 205 ton elephant that he can flip, WITHOUT TOUCHING IT!!!!!!! ZOMG!!!!!!!111