Superman Vs Thor

Superman Vs Thor

You know it’s a major fight when each combatant only has one name, and no one will get confused as to who is being talked about.

I think the knee-jerk reaction is to give the victory to Superman – but would that be the ultimate outcome?

What say you?

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Myspace
  • Google Buzz
  • Reddit
  • Stumnleupon
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Technorati
Author: admin View all posts by
« Previous 1 4 5 6 7

627 Comments on "Superman Vs Thor"

1. GuardianAngel1911 Warden of Demonreach prison for Eldritch Abominations March 19, 2013 at 5:06 pm -      #501

*shrugs* I pmed him when I noticed it but never got a response

2. Commander Cross March 19, 2013 at 5:07 pm -      #502

@Admiral at #499

WTH did the thread to do get locked down?
    Bombardment of Trolls or something like that?

@Lizard God

The Admiral might be tempted to bust out Eclipse SSDs and Death Stars at me for mentioning the idea, but what about Superman + Thor vs. Original!-Tenchi Masaki(Post-OVA 3 incarnations but barring Kami form, since that’s like granting Dr. Strange Eternity infusements) and another very powerful being from Anime to note, Simon from Gurren Lagann maybe?

@Everyone else

Heaven or Hell: Page 06: Let’s Rock!!!

3. Sauroposeidon March 19, 2013 at 5:10 pm -      #503

“Do blackholes pull you into it at the speed of light?
    The fact that Rulk was being pulled in and that Thor swooped in and caught him might prove that.”
    No, but once you’re past the event horizon even light can not escape. To give you an idea, the galaxy our Earth sits in, the Milky Way, is caught in the gravity of a super massive black hole. We’re obviously not being dragged in at super-luminal speeds.

4. Sauroposeidon March 19, 2013 at 5:14 pm -      #504

Cross, I haven’t seen Tenchi since it aired back in the days of good Toonami. I can’t remember hardly anything noteworthy about it. I am not the person to discuss Tenchi with.
    Simon is too much for both of them. I would suggest someone else, personally.

5. GuardianAngel1911 Warden of Demonreach prison for Eldritch Abominations March 19, 2013 at 5:18 pm -      #505

well one of the Tenchi spinoffs (GXP) is on Toonami now…off topic but it is.

6. Commander Cross March 19, 2013 at 5:25 pm -      #506

@Admiral at #505

I gotta carry on watching it, at least mainly for the sake of observing the TM!-multiverse’s factions for future Faction vs Faction related fights with it.
    Although…did any of the Marvel factions had trouble trying to get Sorcerer Supreme Dr. Strange, and were they anywhere [b]near[/b] this problematic as the GxP trying to recruit Original!-Tenchi himself, I must wonder.
    Not best thread to ask, but there it is.

@Lizard God at #504

Yikes! :(
    I might have considered suggesting my old User!-Namesake’s officer in the Military by name of Lance Siegfried, guy who’s eye-twitchy on taking nods from Superman and Marvel’s Avatars of Thor*, the latter he might make a witty comment over from time to time, along with the Mistress Black(Yes, a Cosmic Witch born literally from Magic!) but alas the series when the latter starts appearing in public isn’t released yet so that idea will have to be on hold.
    Let’s just say if it happens, that it’d be ideal for it to be Lance at his Prime in there, okay?

1.) (Mixed with Doctors Nine and Ten of Dr. Who, not even dwelling on being aware of the TM multiverse either!)

@Everyone else

So are we using Pre-N52 Supes or Post-N52 Supes?
    It might make a difference in terms of the tones of interest this fight may have, although the response will be interesting no matter what.

7. Sauroposeidon March 19, 2013 at 5:37 pm -      #507

“well one of the Tenchi spinoffs (GXP) is on Toonami now…off topic but it is.”
    Yeah but it sucks something awful. Soul Eater and Bleach are about the only decent shows on there, and I don’t even watch Bleach, and I have Netflix.. so Toonami is an enormous waste for me. They need to get back in the afternoon slot. They need to re-air justice league. Get at least one gundam show up and running, preferably either Zeta Gundam or 00, as they never aired either. Get at least one anime which traditionally gets them views, such as 08th MS Team or YuYu, or Ronin Warriors, and use Toonami as their platform to roll newer shows on, such as their DC Nation shows and Thundercats. Keep it rolling at 3 to 4 hours, taking up the time kids get off school to dinner time, across all four major time zones. It needs to be action related, it needs to appeal to teenagers, and it needs to be -slightly- edgy with out pissing off parents. A return of Zoids would be a good idea, especially genesis, and probably at least one super robot show, as well as DBZ or DBZ Kai as filler during “slow” seasons like summer. There, I fixed Toonami.
    Do we have a winner yet for this match, though?

8. Commander Cross March 19, 2013 at 5:44 pm -      #508

@Lizard God at #507

You have a point that there is still much more that can and must be done before its safe to say the Toonami fleet’s back in full force, of course they should move Young Justice in there and also bring in Madoka Magica while they’re at it.
    Another Mobile Suit Gundam show that’s new wouldn’t hurt a bit either.
    What about a possible Digimon show or something?

As for a winner for the current fight at hand, not yet, its easier to answer whose fight is it for which side to lose though, and so far if N52 Supes is in play it might be his fight to lose for now.*

1.) (Don’t get me started on the differences between admitting whose fight is it for which side to lose and who wins outright, whatever you do!)

9. GuardianAngel1911 Warden of Demonreach prison for Eldritch Abominations March 19, 2013 at 5:45 pm -      #509

not real sure if one can be called or not, so far Superman’s only real advantage seems to be speed.

10. Aelfinn March 19, 2013 at 5:45 pm -      #510

I’m pretty sure that Hulk wasn’t actually past the event horizon, as stated by some sciency-type afterwards.

11. Commander Cross March 19, 2013 at 5:55 pm -      #511

@Admiral at #509

I feel that it might be a given with most versions of Regular!-Supes to be faster than Thor, isn’t it?

12. joehowles March 19, 2013 at 5:59 pm -      #512

thor can b reckless (as seen in the movie) while superman thinks things out (at least more than thor does) and superman cant b killed unless thor somhow gets a hold of kryptonite but theres no way in the world tat thor wud find that out unless lex luthor came out and said “HEY supermans weakness is kryptonite!!!” (highly unlikely XD) i say superman wins

13. GuardianAngel1911 Warden of Demonreach prison for Eldritch Abominations March 19, 2013 at 6:06 pm -      #513

Superman is able to be hurt by divine/godly magic.
    Thor=god
    Kryptonite argument=things an ignorant fanboy says

14. CH1C4N0444 is allergic to bullets March 19, 2013 at 7:04 pm -      #514

“I’m going to say Superman wins because he has better strength feats than Thor. Thor’s best strength feat is him lifting the Midgard Serpent which weighed 1/3 of the Earth. Even Hulk has better strength feats. Like when he pulled matter and anti-matter apart, which is said to have infinite mass or holding a planet together which weighed twice the size of Earth.”
    Where is it stated that the Midgard Serpent is 1/3 the weight of Earth?
    Also, I don’t see how the weight of the serpent is why it’s impressive, I mean, the Midgard Serpeant anchored itself to the World Tree, then curled itself around Earth trying to crush it, Thor then uncurled the snake, and tore it off of the WT! I find that incredible! I can’t even begin to imagine how much force that would’ve taken.
    Also, that’s not the best Strength feat for Thor, least I don’t think it is. When he reversed the World Engine, fighting agains the will of the Tree and engine:
    media.comicvine.com/uploads/14/146186/2869433-thorstrength42494_super.jpg
    media.comicvine.com/uploads/14/146186/2864999-thorstrength43494.jpg
    Just to give you an idea of what it is he’s doing, look at this diagram that Marvel made.
    ifanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/NineWorldsofThor.jpg
    Also held up Asgard, with help of BRB:
    media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/52044/1528080-thor_136_super.jpg
    And resisted Vectors beams, which were capable of whipping away planets
    Thor resisting them:
    img8.imageshack.us/img8/2703/av304.jpg
    Vector stating his beams are capable of whipping away planets:
    media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/102862/1893231-hulk_vector_3_super.jpg
    He’s also been stated to be an equal to Hercules. when they arm wrestle this happens:
    media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/54136/1939696-hercules_vs_thor___arm_wrestling_thor__400_page_color.jpg
    Another time when they armwrestled, they prove to be equals, still:
    media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/73574/1647269-thor_vs._herc_armwrestling_super.jpg
    Herc’s done stuff like move and lift Manhattan, hold up the planet, and hold up the sky. Being his equal definitely is something to boast about. Although, 20 planets seems to be Thor’s limit of what he can resist.

15. Marcel March 19, 2013 at 9:48 pm -      #515

Ok, first of all thanks to Lowk not only for bringing the superspeed reading feat to the attention of this FP body, but also for finding scans that give us time increments in which he performed said feats. These are the scans in question:
    media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/120358/2505428-actioncomics12_1cwi68.jpg
    media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/120358/2505431-actioncomics12_229fp0.jpg
    media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/120358/2505429-actioncomics12_3u0imn.jpg
    media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/120358/2505430-actioncomics12_46vfop.jpg
    So, in five minutes he has read every medical text ever published. Umm…yeah, ok.
    Problem one: English language only? Do we know how many languages Supes is capable of reading? I don’t.
    Problem 2: Even all the English medical texts “ever published” would never fit into one library. Therefore, I am going to be extremely generous to the skeptics and say all English medical texts published in one year…Like I said, EXTREMELY generous.
    Now, in the United States, the number of medical authors that published medical texts was 1,242,789. Now, while some of these were full books with a crapload of pages each, let us again assume extreme generosity for the sake of the skeptic and say they were all only 5-page articles. Are you keeping up so far?
    In short, at the VERY LOWEST possible, Superman had to slog his way through 6,213,945 pages in only five minutes. Some savants, e.g. Kim Peek, could read 80-90 pages (average 85) per minute. That means in five minutes they could have read 425 pages. Whoa! But if Supes had to read 6,213,945 pages in five minutes, he would be reading 1,242,789 pages per minute. Divide that by 425 and we see that Supes’ brain, as a laughably low-ball estimate, processes information roughly 2,924 times faster than the most intelligent minds on Earth.
    Yikes.

16. GuardianAngel1911 Warden of Demonreach prison for Eldritch Abominations March 19, 2013 at 9:59 pm -      #516

Thor is a fully liscensed Doctor….not the same thing but still.

17. Amm0vamp1r3 March 19, 2013 at 10:03 pm -      #517

515 and 516 made me laugh really hard

18. GuardianAngel1911 Warden of Demonreach prison for Eldritch Abominations March 19, 2013 at 10:10 pm -      #518

@Amm0
    something people forget about Thor is his on off mortal identity is that of a mortal Doctor, Thor has all that knowledge.

19. GuardianAngel1911 Warden of Demonreach prison for Eldritch Abominations March 19, 2013 at 10:19 pm -      #519

for instance most people don’t know that Thor as Donald Blake made an android with an iq of 375 and capable of withstanding blows from Mjolnir.

20. Marcel March 19, 2013 at 10:20 pm -      #520

@ Guardian
    I’m sure Thor would have that kind of knowledge. I just highly doubt he could acquire it in five minutes.
    media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/120358/2519933-superman_06_018_copy.jpg
    That is Superman hacking into the nanotechnology of a doppleganger of himself. This same nanotechnology was used to mind-control Supes…before he resisted the effects, that is.

21. Marcel March 19, 2013 at 10:25 pm -      #521

“Now, in the United States, the number of medical authors that published medical texts was 1,242,789.”
    Correction: That should be, “in the United States, the number of medical author that published medical texts in the period of 2010-2011 was 1,242,789.”
    Forgot to add the time increment in that post.

22. Commander Cross March 19, 2013 at 10:32 pm -      #522

@Admiral at #518

That wasn’t the case with the Marvel Cinematic Universe though, but MCU Thor isn’t who we are using unless a Live-Action Supes is in play so…moot point is moot in that bit?

Still, best not to underestimate Thor’s intelligence regardless.

23. GuardianAngel1911 Warden of Demonreach prison for Eldritch Abominations March 19, 2013 at 10:32 pm -      #523

right, just wanted to show that they are likely equal in IQ points.

24. CH1C4N0444 is allergic to bullets March 19, 2013 at 10:33 pm -      #524

@Marcel You’re incredibly knowledgeable aren’t you?

25. GuardianAngel1911 Warden of Demonreach prison for Eldritch Abominations March 19, 2013 at 10:34 pm -      #525

@Cross…
    yeah there’s..that.

26. Marcel March 19, 2013 at 10:45 pm -      #526

@ Chicano
    In certain subjects, I suppose that could be said of anyone. I guess I just take the time to do research (though I often get stumped on where to look). That, and I actually have Asperger’s, so an extremely retentive (I wouldn’t call it photographic, but many people have called it close) memory. The problem is that I have a very hard time comprehending what other people are communicating sometimes, and I can mistake it for trolling or sarcasm…and I can get snarly. Still, I try, lol

27. CH1C4N0444 is allergic to bullets March 19, 2013 at 10:50 pm -      #527

@Marcel Aspenger’s seems very convenient, wish I had it. Personally, I haven’t seen you get snappy in an argument. And I noticed, you’ve done a few(using that term loosely, since you’ve done more than a “few”)calcs.

28. Krypto Lowk March 19, 2013 at 10:52 pm -      #528

So can anyone explainto me how Superman can read info in a flash drive?
    media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/120358/2505923-action_12_thegroup_031.jpg

29. GuardianAngel1911 Warden of Demonreach prison for Eldritch Abominations March 19, 2013 at 10:58 pm -      #529

@Krypto
    it is a Bat Flash drive…it may be slightly different from a regular one.

30. Marcel March 19, 2013 at 11:06 pm -      #530

“Aspenger’s seems very convenient”
    Only in a very few select venues. The way my brain is wired causes problems for me everywhere else…that is why I have spent so much time trying to build up abilities that most people would find very easy. Like driving, for instance. I would literally not be able to drive if I had not taken great pains to improve my brain’s natural hindered ability to multitask. Fortunately, I can drive fairly well now, but let me tell you that my first job in a drive-thru was an absolute nightmare. *shudders with the memory*
    “wish I had it”
    Be very, very careful in what you wish for, my friend.
    @ Lowk
    “So can anyone explainto me how Superman can read info in a flash drive?”

31. Marcel March 19, 2013 at 11:08 pm -      #531

@ Guardian
    “it is a Bat Flash drive…it may be slightly different from a regular one.”
    Ahahaaa, that’s Bat’s technology for you yet again…BECAUSE IT’S A BAT-DRIVE!!!

32. CH1C4N0444 is allergic to bullets March 19, 2013 at 11:11 pm -      #532

@Marcel Ah, I see. Doesn’t seem as good knowing that, still, it’d be nice to be able to learn things almost photographically.
    In my defense I wasn’t aware things like that were some of the side effects of it.

33. GuardianAngel1911 Warden of Demonreach prison for Eldritch Abominations March 19, 2013 at 11:13 pm -      #533

may not mean much
    i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/mknef7_zpsb8d25304.jpg
    one shots Count Nefaria after he takes out another Avenger
    here’s the basic info on Nafaria, Wonder Man like Hulk level strength wise crime lord.
    marvel.wikia.com/Luchino_Nefaria_(Earth-616)

34. Marcel March 19, 2013 at 11:18 pm -      #534

@ Chicano
    There is a reason that many people classify it as a syndrome, lol. Just google it and see for yourself.
    On the bright side, many of the “symptoms” can be classified as either character flaws or simply mental tendencies. We don’t think on the same plane as other people do, so we have a very difficult time in relating to the rest of the world. But, like I said, I’ve learned how to develop certain areas that I’m weak in just so I can get through the things I need to in the day. Yeah, it’s tough, and there will always be things that I find difficult no matter how good I get with them, but that’s how the cookie crumbles, I suppose. There are other areas that come very naturally to me that I know people have to work years at to develop, so while some could be jealous, they don’t see all the hours I spent busting my brain to get good enough at multitasking to even pass my driver’s test, or survive in a drive-thru window for an hour.

35. CH1C4N0444 is allergic to bullets March 19, 2013 at 11:27 pm -      #535

@Marcel Lol. Is it a form of autism? Wikipedia(the o so reliable website everybody uses!)listed it as an autism spectrum, whatever that means.
    Yea, that’s good. It seems like it’d be tough to do some things. Least you can do things easily that take others years. It does sound like it could be a major hindrance though.
    So I don’t feel like I’m just filling the thread with off topic things, here’s a durability feat for Thor:
    media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/79564/1823826-thorannual09_29_crop1.jpg

36. Krypto Lowk March 19, 2013 at 11:33 pm -      #536

“it is a Bat Flash drive…it may be slightly different from a regular one.”
    Of course the Bat prefix explain everything.
    “I saw that scan today too, and asked the same question. In fact, that is partly why I brough the nanotechnology feat to this discussion. If Supes can manipulate technology that operates on atomic and molecular levels (which is what nanotechnology is), then it should be relatively easy to read a flash drive (not to mention explain as to how he did it). ”
    Well that’s sort of different. They set up a link to Supes that he exploited. Don’t think Batflash drive set up links to people.

37. Marcel March 19, 2013 at 11:42 pm -      #537

@ Chicano
    “Is it a form of autism?”
    So they say. At least, that is what it is classified as in the medical field today. I see it as more of a personality, really. I mean, I can think, talk, laugh, and bleed like any other person. I have never seen it as something that makes me “mentally impaired,” and certainly never saw it as an excuse to not improve myself. I find it very tragic when people say, “I am mentally impaired, deal with it. It’s just the way I am” and then do whatever the heck they feel like doing, using autism as a crutch. It happens more often than you would expect, believe me. If I hadn’t had the awesome parents I do have, I could very easily have been that. But I digress…you have alighted on a very deep issue for me, so I apologize for the derailment :)
    On the durability feat, that’s pretty impressive, I must say. While Supes may be able to overpower Thor in terms of strength, that feat kind of rules out Supes being able to crush him in a deadlock–at least, it would take a very, very long time; too long in a plausible fight scenario.

38. Krypto Lowk March 19, 2013 at 11:44 pm -      #538

Anyway, Superman is a boxer.
    3.bp.blogspot.com/-JXRmquSNDAU/UO_4WyqlnrI/AAAAAAAAVhY/s2qwp2aAK2s/s1600/action+16_3.jpg
    Also, for no reason; Snake with robot arms firing blaster.
    2.bp.blogspot.com/-pM9xiM0Eoqg/UO_7XlkvcFI/AAAAAAAAViY/m3Z1OUP6_ug/s1600/action+16-01.jpg
    Superman stories get really weird sometimes.

39. CH1C4N0444 is allergic to bullets March 19, 2013 at 11:51 pm -      #539

@Marcel Yea, it’s fine. I should apologize since I unknowingly brought it up. It’s really cool though to hear how you use more of an excuse to better yourself than!
    Back on topic. In post 514 I posted some things I feel should show that Thor and Supes are at least even in strength. Not sure if they’re all quantifiable though.
    Another feat, is resisting the “gravitmetric attraction akin to a neutron star:”
    media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/108927/2247729-ThorStrength25.jpg

40. CH1C4N0444 is allergic to bullets March 19, 2013 at 11:53 pm -      #540

“Superman stories get really weird sometimes.”
    I think that’s an understatement after seeing the giant snake with arms… o.0

41. Marcel March 20, 2013 at 12:16 am -      #541

“I should apologize since I unknowingly brought it up.”
    That’s nothing to apologize over. It’s good to talk about it; I was just thinking of suggesting it as a debate topic the other day. At least we actually were contributing to the thread between discussion, so no biggie.
    @ Everyone
    Summing up what we have established so far, this is what I can decipher:
    1. Strength–even
    2. Speed–advantage Superman
    3. RT–advantage Superman
    4. Durability–advantage Thor
    5. Thought processing–advantage Superman
    6. Attack diversity–either even or very slight advantage Superman
    7. Magical/divine offensive defensive capabilities–advantage Thor
    Anyone disagree?

42. VunderGuy March 20, 2013 at 12:40 am -      #542

@Krypto Lowk and CH1C4N0444 is allergic to bullets

Considering the other combatant here is a norse god with a winged helmet who twirls a magic hammer, the irony of what you two just said is more crushing than a score of planets.

43. VunderGuy March 20, 2013 at 12:42 am -      #543

@Marcel

I thought durability for both was the same as strength, unless that score of planets thing debunked that.

44. Marcel March 20, 2013 at 12:55 am -      #544

Thor’s durability feats appear to be more consistent than New 52 Superman’s, in the grand scheme of things. Unless I happen to be seeing all the high-end ones and none of the lower-end ones, if you know what I mean.

45. CH1C4N0444 is allergic to bullets March 20, 2013 at 12:59 am -      #545

@Marcel I think for attack diversity would either be even, or a very SLIGHT edge to Thor. While Supes does have superbreath and lazer eyes, Thor has those plus control of wheather, lightning, and of Earth. Again, slight egde to Thor.
    @Vunderguy True, but I’ve never seen Thor fight a snake with robot arms shooting lazers.

46. Krypto Lowk March 20, 2013 at 1:28 am -      #546

Best durability for supes that I can think of so far is taking damage from the multitude/the multispear. He does get a bit brusied up.
    media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/120358/2757306-actioncomics_14_thegroup_018_super.jpg
    media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/120358/2757307-actioncomics_14_thegroup_019_super.jpg
    Though considering it(all those are one thing) is capable of taking out a planet, thats still something that he was able to survive it.
    www.abload.de/img/action15-1zjdkx.jpg

47. Marcel March 20, 2013 at 1:47 am -      #547

“While Supes does have superbreath and lazer eyes”
    And all types of radiation-emitting capability.
    “Another category that should be considered are other powers they both posses, which I think would still go to Thor, but not too sure on Supes other powers.
    Like what? Define “other powers.”
    “I have a feat I’ll post tomorrow of Thor surviving a blast equal to a supernova(though it’s probably hyperbole). For now, I’m off, have a good night everyone.”
    Gnight, man

48. VunderGuy March 20, 2013 at 6:08 am -      #548

@CH1C4N0444 is allergic to bullets

Lava Men and Jupiter Men (or whatever he first fought in his first appearance).

49. GuardianAngel1911 Warden of Demonreach prison for Eldritch Abominations March 20, 2013 at 8:23 am -      #549

50. Marcel March 20, 2013 at 11:31 am -      #550

@ Lowk
    Am I reading that right? The multispear took out 230 worlds? At once?

51. Krypto Lowk March 20, 2013 at 12:01 pm -      #551

@GA
    Well the weapon was basically used to assassinate a god abd take out multiple worlds. So endurance wise Supes is pretty up there. He shoukd be able to take a few hit from mjolnir.
    He’s also wear armor that takes the same punishment he has and is a pretty fast healer so that should help.
    @Marcel
    228 it would seem.

52. CH1C4N0444 is allergic to bullets March 20, 2013 at 1:05 pm -      #552

“so a planet busting weapon left Superman bruised? That doesn’t bode well for him…Thor has shown planet busting strength and magic of divine nature gets through Superman’s field of invulnerability. It’s likely Thor will draw blood first due to his durability…not definite but likely.”
    I mean, it did take out 230 planets, so unless Thor is on that level, Supes can take a few hits from him. Although, according to Marvel wiki he’s destroyed stars with his fists “physically destroying stars, planets, and moons with only his fists.”
    marvel.wikia.com/Thor_(Thor_Odinson)
    Not the durability feat I mentioned, but fairly impressive:
    media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/64616/2870782-2622060-warlock_infinity_21_21.jpg
    media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/64616/2870783-2622061-warlock_infinity_21_22.jpg
    The one that I did mention:
    i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorDurability03-EnergyJIM103.jpg
    Again, a bit skeptical of the attack being equivalent to that.
    “And all types of radiation-emitting capability.”
    “Like what? Define “other powers.”
    Like Thor can transmute, teleport, absorb energy, send energy back 100x fold, minor time control IIRC, transmute, etc. What else can Supes due behind the things we already know(super-everything and lazer eyes+other radiation forms)?
    How powerful is Celestial energy attacks? And how durable is their armor? Thor has withstood blows from them, and he’s also cracked their armor before.
    www.thedailythor.com/images/thor119b.jpg

53. GuardianAngel1911 Warden of Demonreach prison for Eldritch Abominations March 20, 2013 at 2:23 pm -      #553

I’ve brought up the energy and life force absorption earlier in the thread.
    And I did say it was likely, not how many blows it would take.
    Then again we don’t really know these guys upper limits.

54. Marcel March 20, 2013 at 4:39 pm -      #554

“True, but does that give Supes an edge over Thor? I mean Thor has lightning, energy blasts, whether control, shouldn’t he have an edge there?”
    All types of radiation include, beta rays, radio waves, microwaves, gamma rays, cosmic rays…a LOT of weapons to choose from, really. Although, Specifically heat vision drains Supes’ abilities faster than any other of his attacks, so he may be conservative with it (although the guy essentially bench-pressed a planet for five days, so his abilities take a while to drain)…did we ever decide on WHERE this fight was taking place exactly? Limbo?

55. Marcel March 20, 2013 at 4:40 pm -      #555

“I’ve brought up the energy and life force absorption earlier in the thread.”
    For who, Thor?
    “Then again we don’t really know these guys upper limits.”
    Very true…

56. Kitten Lord March 20, 2013 at 4:59 pm -      #556

Who has the greatest speed and reaction times out of the two? What page was this debated?

57. Marcel March 20, 2013 at 5:04 pm -      #557

@ Kitten
    Superman. Part of this page as well as the previous page.

58. Kitten Lord March 20, 2013 at 5:23 pm -      #558

So basically Superman is vastly faster? I only skimmed through but apprenlty Supres is multiple times FTl and has fast enough mind to read millions of pages?

What is it with the daft physics in comics? apprently Superman can move at this speed yet not disintegrate paper/the building hes flying through reading these books? I dont get it, its as bad as that animation/cartoon Megamind where Metro Man flies off and reads a few books, plays with a kite etc.

59. GuardianAngel1911 Warden of Demonreach prison for Eldritch Abominations March 20, 2013 at 5:31 pm -      #559

Superman has Speed completely, and a decent edge in RT (both are in microsecond, just…Superman is more so)
    Thor has durability energy manipulation (Superman may have more radiation abilities but Thor has shown more skill with absorbing and manipulating said energy) as well as being able to shoot lightning from his hands or summon it, even without Mjolnir.

60. Marcel March 20, 2013 at 5:44 pm -      #560

“So basically Superman is vastly faster? I only skimmed through but apprenlty Supres is multiple times FTl”
    317c, to be exact.
    “and has fast enough mind to read millions of pages?”
    Yes, but I was very generous in that calc, as Supes was clearly reading 200+ page books in the scan, but I conservatively made them all five page articles.
    Thor still has a way to put quite a beating on Supes if magic is involved, though. Right now, I’m seeing that as Thor’s wild card.

61. GuardianAngel1911 Warden of Demonreach prison for Eldritch Abominations March 20, 2013 at 5:53 pm -      #561

and yeah I was saying the energy absorption for Thor, I posted scans of him absorbing radiation from Kang, sucking the life out of someone, stuff like that.

62. Marcel March 20, 2013 at 6:15 pm -      #562

So I see this fight boiling down to two questions:
    1. How long will it be before Supes realizes his opponent has that ace up his sleeve before it’s too late?
    2. Will Thor realize his opponent’s weakness and exploit it before he is Speedblitz KO’d?
    Sound about right?

63. GuardianAngel1911 Warden of Demonreach prison for Eldritch Abominations March 20, 2013 at 6:18 pm -      #563

seems likely
    though even with speed blitz how much damage will Superman have to put out, and can he put it out before Thor can counter with lightning or a hammer to Superman’s back (lets face it, Thor drops the hammer Supes isn’t going to give it a second thought while he’s punching Thor)

64. Marcel March 20, 2013 at 6:25 pm -      #564

“What is it with the daft physics in comics?”
    Lazy, lazy writing. They want their characters to be extremely powerful, yet make no inquiry as to the effect that power will have on the environment. Hence, most superheroes end up making physics their plaything.
    “Its almost like their speed is not relative to their environment if that makes sense.”
    That’s what makes them oh-so-horribly broken. :)

65. Amm0vamp1r3 March 20, 2013 at 6:28 pm -      #565

So we are talking about thor doing what to win now?

66. GuardianAngel1911 Warden of Demonreach prison for Eldritch Abominations March 20, 2013 at 6:39 pm -      #566

well as far as I know, Thor has shown the ability to teleport people to limbo and underspace…as well as teleport them in general. while just a teleport doesn’t keep Supes out of the fight, teleporting him out of the actual universe would be a bfr. Not a pretty win, not the grandiose epic beatdown win, but a win.
    Magic has gotten through Supes “aura of invincibility” and divine magic is stated to be one of the few ways to put him down. Thor’s powers are just that, so Thor can definitely injure Superman, and with Mjolnir being able to attack by thought even if Supes and Thor start grappling if Supes isn’t careful he’ll get an ftl magic hammer to the back of the head.
    There’s also Thor’s warrior reflexes and skills to take into account, he’s waged war against beings of his own caliber for centuries, battled god slayers with weapons meant to kill him and those like him, even without any of his powers he can take on a hoard of zombie automatons (don’t ask me how a robot can be a zombie)
    While it’s no longer canon, pre new 52 Wonder Woman said her skills and reflexes plus only slightly below speed were more than sufficent to let her outmaneuver and speed Supes in combat speed, and Batman agreed, but not canon to new 52 supes.

67. Marcel March 20, 2013 at 6:45 pm -      #567

“though even with speed blitz how much damage will Superman have to put out”
    A lot (at least that to bust 20 planets going by Chicano’s scan), though Supes himself can take quite the punishment as seen in that godspear feat.
    “and can he put it out before Thor can counter with lightning”
    It looks as though he will probably have to do it in bunches of attacks; I don’t think Supes could do it all in one shot. However, lightning is pitifully slow to Superman, whom I believe Lowk posted as actually reacting to and outflying a bolt that was about to strike him.
    “or a hammer to Superman’s back”
    That honestly seems like a much better option for Thor than the lightning, as he can swing exponentially faster than it. A full-out swing from Mjolnir would hurt Supes quite a bit, but Supes’ initial onslaught would prolly have Thor stunned, so I doubt the god of thunder could bring his full strength to bear. Still, it’d be one heck of a hit. What Superman really needs to do to win is end the fight as quick as possible, while Thor needs to find a way to drag it out and slow Superman down.
    “I also wonder what would happen if Thor coated the entire world in storm clouds or even just the battlefield.”
    That actually would be a good strategy, creating thousands of lightning bolts around the area. While Supes could still dodge them, he would still have to avoid them. Thor just created an obstacle course for his opponent while he himself could get right to Supes. It also leaves Superman with less openings to attack Thor, thus allowing Thor time to strategize and bring his hammer to the party in earnest. This match would be epic to watch (if we were suddenly granted superpowers to see things that can move FTL, that is).

68. Amm0vamp1r3 March 20, 2013 at 6:51 pm -      #568

Couldn’t he just blow the storm clouds away or go above them into the direct sight of the sun giving himself a good boost of power?
    The only question I have about what has been said is Thors character,how many times does he restort to teleporting people,What kind of people does he teleport? How many times has his warrior instinct saved him? Because this one brings question since he has been beaten by people that are not warriors but it could have been PIS

69. GuardianAngel1911 Warden of Demonreach prison for Eldritch Abominations March 20, 2013 at 6:52 pm -      #569

@Marcel
    but what about if Thor catches a blow (it can happen) and sends said lightning straight into Superman, or wreaths his body in lightning and Superman gets electrocuted when he touches Thor?
    as to the storms, I ask because just to prove a point Thor caused a thunderstorm across the globe for a few minutes, just to prove a point, and BRB has coated a sun in storm clouds before (because their godly powers dontcha know) so there’s nothing stopping Thor from doing it. Ironically, the point was directed mainly at Ironman (then head of shield) that even if Ironman pulled every prep time trick out of his ass he’d lose.

70. GuardianAngel1911 Warden of Demonreach prison for Eldritch Abominations March 20, 2013 at 6:54 pm -      #570

@Amm0
    He teleported Wasp when she became a reality warping threat, so basically he does it for the same kinds of things animated Superman busted out the phantom zone gun for, an opponent he may or may not be able to put down physically.

71. Marcel March 20, 2013 at 6:59 pm -      #571

“but what about if Thor catches a blow (it can happen) and sends said lightning straight into Superman”
    Well, that would not go over very well for Superman, as he has been subdued by attacks that directly affect his nervous system. Still, he has to take quite a bit of damage by those attacks before he succumbs.
    “or wreaths his body in lightning and Superman gets electrocuted when he touches Thor?”
    Freeze breath would be an excellent option. It would also hamper Thor’s energy absorption due to…well, the endothermic properties of freeze breath. essentially, Thor would be competing against Superman’s own attack to try and absorb energy from all of Supes’ other attacks. Would work out rather well for Superman.
    This is an awesome match, btw.

72. GuardianAngel1911 Warden of Demonreach prison for Eldritch Abominations March 20, 2013 at 7:00 pm -      #572

also I don’t think Superman can blow away a global hurricane’s worth of clouds, and if he flee’s to the sun Thor puts two and two together and coats the sun in storm then as Superman stares dumbfounded at the now cloud covered sun he doesn’t notice the massively ftl hammer (assuming its the hammer that flies ftl in space, if not all Thor isn’t ftl arguments go down the drain) before it nails him and shoves him back to Thor’s waiting fist. Or Thor teleports there and drags him back himself.

73. GuardianAngel1911 Warden of Demonreach prison for Eldritch Abominations March 20, 2013 at 7:06 pm -      #573

@Marcel
    Thor has broken out of being frozen, and has freeze breath of his own (he just doesn’t use it much, doesn’t need it really, he’s a weather god, doesn’t need it)
    And agreed this is an epic battle between the two mightiest heroes (or two of anyway) between Marvel and DC

74. Marcel March 20, 2013 at 7:07 pm -      #574

“also I don’t think Superman can blow away a global hurricane’s worth of clouds”
    No, me neither. I was talking about using Freeze-breath on or near Thor, not the clouds.
    “and if he flee’s to the sun Thor puts two and two together and coats the sun in storm”
    I had thought they would be in a neutral battleground…so no sun. Still, Supes could go for days if he was well charged beforehand (which we would assume he is).
    “he doesn’t notice the massively ftl hammer”
    Apparently, not even the Flash can surprise-attack Superman. I’ll post that scan later. For now, gotta run.

75. Amm0vamp1r3 March 20, 2013 at 7:07 pm -      #575

I didn’t mean he would blow the whole thing just anything directly above him
    I didn’t mean directly to the sun,I meant just up into space so the sun would coat him

76. GuardianAngel1911 Warden of Demonreach prison for Eldritch Abominations March 20, 2013 at 7:09 pm -      #576

@Amm0
    either way if he’s trying to get to the Sun Thor will realize he’s powered by the sun similarly to new Hyperion, whether it’s close or just above the cloud cover. There goes the sun behind it’s own star sized storm then.

77. Amm0vamp1r3 March 20, 2013 at 7:16 pm -      #577

I don’t know Hyperion like that so I don’t know how he takes the sun,becuase it doesn’t seem like you notice superman powering up from the sun.

78. GuardianAngel1911 Warden of Demonreach prison for Eldritch Abominations March 20, 2013 at 7:17 pm -      #578

@Marcel
    was referring to Amm0′s post with that.
    And I figured there had to be some kind of star for Superman, considering his heatvision (one of his best offensive abilities) drains his solar reserves, and if Thor blocks with Mjolnir he can use Mjonir to just keep it draining (Mjolnir is how he drains energy/life from something)

79. GuardianAngel1911 Warden of Demonreach prison for Eldritch Abominations March 20, 2013 at 7:19 pm -      #579

@Amm0
    you don’t see it with new Hyp, his solar charging is similar to Supes, however Hyperion explained how it worked to Thor, and if Supes immediately or after weakening, went for the upper atmosphere it wouldn’t take Tony Stark to put two and two together.

80. Kitten Lord March 20, 2013 at 7:19 pm -      #580

Also are the pair the top tier generally debated on BankGambling?

81. Marcel March 20, 2013 at 7:19 pm -      #581

@ Guardian
    I see…so a singular dimension on a planet that nobody cares if it gets blown up, and only one small yellow sun?

82. CH1C4N0444 is allergic to bullets March 20, 2013 at 7:20 pm -      #582

“For who, Thor?”
    “So we are talking about thor doing what to win now?”
    I think a very valid strategy for Thor is to go intangible and drain the energy and/or lifeforce of Supes. Does he have any counter to that? Teleportation or transmution are also valid options for Thor, right?
    “also I don’t think Superman can blow away a global hurricane’s worth of clouds, and if he flee’s to the sun Thor puts two and two together and coats the sun in storm ”
    Thor could always destroy the star, I remember Darthgrim saying Thor’s hammer could star bust, and the wiki states he can star bust with his fists.
    What counters does Supes have to someone going intangible and draining energy?

83. Kitten Lord March 20, 2013 at 7:24 pm -      #583

Does Thor need to go intangible to survive Supes’ punishment? Can he drain energy and do all these things while intangible?

84. Amm0vamp1r3 March 20, 2013 at 7:26 pm -      #584

ABout the battle ground
    At first I was like,why would they not be around a sun stars are pretty much everywhere
    Then I thought about it,I would be like if a vampire was fighting they would not be around people so
    Is it specified where they are fighting?

85. GuardianAngel1911 Warden of Demonreach prison for Eldritch Abominations March 20, 2013 at 7:27 pm -      #585

@Marcel
    I have no earthly idea what the definition of neutral battlefield is, normally it’s assumed to be earth, but I don’t know with two planet busting gods/godlike entities.
    @Kitten
    I think he can do everything. And as Marcel earlier both of them would have to beat the snot out of each for hours without the other fighting back to even come close to killing each other.

86. GuardianAngel1911 Warden of Demonreach prison for Eldritch Abominations March 20, 2013 at 7:30 pm -      #586

@Amm0
    nothing is specified which is why we’re using the current incarnations of both, and like I said in post 585 while we normally assume earth I don’t really know here.

87. VunderGuy March 20, 2013 at 7:31 pm -      #587

@KittenLord

Better question: What’s with the daft physics is pretty much EVERY sci-fi story ever told that isn’t a near future and/or military one?

I dunno, because I’m not a physicist or that smart, and neither are most of the readership, and in FICTION, awesomeness like taking physics behind a shed and beating it into a pulp is a given, especially when your suspension of disbelief is as high as it would have to be get a kick out of it.

88. VunderGuy March 20, 2013 at 7:33 pm -      #588

@Marcel

I thought bloodlust was on for BOTH of them.

89. Amm0vamp1r3 March 20, 2013 at 7:33 pm -      #589

4. Field of Battle
    Battles take place in a neutral arena appropriate to the scope of the match (i.e. stadium, facility, city, continent, planet, galaxy, universe, etc.), and it is assumed no one side will have an undue disadvantage. This neutral setting will incorporate all associated elements for all combatants to operate at maximum efficiency.

90. VunderGuy March 20, 2013 at 7:35 pm -      #590

@Marcel
    “That’s what makes them so horribly, horribly broken.”

Oh cry me a river doll face.

91. VunderGuy March 20, 2013 at 7:36 pm -      #591

@Amm0vamp1r3

So, a yellow sun’s involved?

92. Amm0vamp1r3 March 20, 2013 at 7:38 pm -      #592

@VunderGuy
    I think so,since it helps Superman work at his max

93. Aelfinn March 20, 2013 at 7:40 pm -      #593

I’ve never heard much about Thor’s intangibility. Are you sure that one time of him being intangible isn’t plot-related? Because at the very least, he doesn’t use it often.
    Now, I question I must ask is how fast is Thor’s RT? I posted scans a while back demonstrating very slow RT, and if the gap between Thor and Superman is big enough, Thor’s strength won’t come into play.

94. Kitten Lord March 20, 2013 at 7:40 pm -      #594

@Vunder

Well some physics are at least somewhat belivable in their realm, you can suspend disbelief in some things, then you see fictions like Bayonetta or see somene faster than light play with paper cups and books and think wth….you dont have ot be smart to know theres clearly some twisted physics there, I am pretty sure the writers know as well.

Which begs the question how the rules of their universe work.

95. Krypto Lowk March 20, 2013 at 7:44 pm -      #595

“Absorbing Supes solar energy should help Thor weaken him significantly, plus he has intangibility, all of Supes attacks would just go through him.”
    Except
    1. Went five days without sunlight still super strong, durable, and fast enough to get to the sun from the earth’s core.
    media.dcentertainment.com/sites/default/files/galleries/file/ajax/field_galleryimages/und/form-Fp7QZ6at19ZPDunC-GxytDTg2_oGSYGu0ekFd-ldpAU/SM_13_4.jpg
    media.dcentertainment.com/sites/default/files/galleries/file/ajax/field_galleryimages/und/form-Fp7QZ6at19ZPDunC-GxytDTg2_oGSYGu0ekFd-ldpAU/SM_13_5.jpg
    2. Doesn’t know he that Supes uses sunlight.
    3. Supes is always absorbing sunlight, it’s a passive thing. Draining him would just mean he would have to stand out in the sun.
    It would be like draining a river while the river is still being filled.
    4. Supes could just punch him into or near the sun doesn’t need to be all unsubtle about it if he needed.
    ” and if Supes immediately or after weakening, went for the upper atmosphere it wouldn’t take Tony Stark to put two and two together.”
    Chances are they would probably be fighting in the air regardless. So why would going up into the air make him immediately go “egads he’s powered by sunlight”?
    Supes doesn’t have to go directly to the sun or up into space to recharge it’s just a lot quicker and he finds it peaceful.
    “If supes moves and reacts so massively faster than Thor why cant he blitz him before Thor attempts these magical powers?”
    About this, can’t Supes just avoid Thor attacks?

96. Kitten Lord March 20, 2013 at 7:46 pm -      #596

Well I imagine if hes as fast as claimed, and these attacks can be easily avoided, e.g. they have to travel (not all magic does) he can hit Thor and escape without being hit back if need be.

97. VunderGuy March 20, 2013 at 7:48 pm -      #597

@KittenLord

If it’s awesome and makes people like you angry, do it. Rule of Cool and Drama > Whatever physical laws you’re preaching about dude.

98. VunderGuy March 20, 2013 at 7:50 pm -      #598

@KittedLord

Also, for Bayonetta, wouldn’t the explanation be that she’s a demon or something supernatural? I think you’re thinking about the wrong questions for that one, like, who the hell finds her attractive.

EY-OH!

99. GuardianAngel1911 Warden of Demonreach prison for Eldritch Abominations March 20, 2013 at 7:51 pm -      #599

@Lowk
    1. New Hyperion has told Thor his powers are based on sunlight absorption, weaker ozone’s give him more power.
    2. If they are fighting below cloud cover and Supes does start to weaken (he won’t go above clouds otherwise likely since he won’t have a reason to until he starts to plus lifting weight is different from fighting someone capable of matching you in everything short of speed and RT isn’t too big of a gap with both being microsecond) then when Supes flies above clouds instead of continuing the Battle Thor, being far smarter than Hulk will realize, “Mine opponent doth break combat to fly above the storms after weakening, mayhaps like Hyperion his power is derived from starlight. Very well then, I shall block the sun’s ray’s from his body with the might of the storm god”
    3. Your thinking of Hulk if you think Thor is dumb enough not to put two and two together.
    4. There’s still just sucking the life force out of it and leaving deadmummy in Supermans place.

100. VunderGuy March 20, 2013 at 7:52 pm -      #600

@KittenLord

Also, if you DARE to bring up Mass Effect or ANY space faring opera spanning a galaxy or some such, don’t. Especially NOT Mass Effect.

« Previous 1 4 5 6 7