Halo Vs Mass Effect

Halo Vs Mass Effect

Here we have a clash of two Sci-Fi franchises looking for bragging rights. I don’t know enough about the Mass Effect universe to give a fair estimation on who would win, so I’ll leave it to the good hands of the BankGambling readers.

Who wins?

1 65 66 67

6,657 Comments on "Halo Vs Mass Effect"

1. OberHerr September 15, 2014 at 9:58 pm -      #6601

@TMWTA
    Same hopefully. We need to start a Facts clan. What should we call ourselves?

2. erickyboo September 15, 2014 at 10:27 pm -      #6602

Halo pretty sure. John is in a bad spot… anyways… the didact could also take installation 03 and use it against mass effect as well. Just move it and fire.

Also I have destiny too now.

3. the_man_with The_Answers September 16, 2014 at 1:48 pm -      #6603

I made a group on Bungie.net. Look up “Frantic Strategy.”

4. Mr. happy September 17, 2014 at 10:33 pm -      #6604

‘Has anyone discussed off halo’s EMP and the effects it could have on mass effect?’

The Halo pulse or the emp from weapons?

5. Commander Cross September 17, 2014 at 11:44 pm -      #6605

6. Warlock Lowk September 17, 2014 at 11:59 pm -      #6606

“Anything from Mass Effect for Agent Texas(Red vs Blue) to fight without stomping or getting stomped?”

Maybe Wrex or Shepard.

7. Commander Cross September 18, 2014 at 12:28 am -      #6607

@Warlock Lowk at #6606

No word on Kaidan Alenko or Ashley Williams though?
    I can’t remember if Ashley’s gotten a fight yet either.

At the moment, Red vs Blue may or may not be canon to Halo but it’s connected somehow, and it’s got better odds of getting more fights than RWBY* as it is.
    No lies from me, Agent Texas’ interactions with Church feels kind-of-familiar to me somehow, could be coincidental or it’s just something else going on. :/

1.) (I’d be looking for ideas on what Pyrrha Nikos can fight without stomping or getting stomped in turn already were it not for that, alas at the moment Agent Carolina from RvB’s got better odds of getting a fight, and I’m starting to think Pyrrha might be an A.U counterpart to Agent Carolina somehow, except friendlier with good reason.
    Please withhold any and all detailed spoilers for Seasons 09 and 10 for Red vs Blue, okay?)

8. Warlock Lowk September 18, 2014 at 9:53 pm -      #6608

So Destiny is sort of filled with a lot of potential for future matchs if they continue the story. Cabal blow up planets and have psionics that can enter machines. Took a few days for Vex to turn mercury into a machine world. Guardian armor can take hits from miniture rockets and small ship energy cannons.

MMO Ha-I-mean Destiny getting a good start from a versus standpoint.

9. the_man_with The_Answers September 21, 2014 at 2:14 am -      #6609

Have you seen the official “statistics” on the weapons? So out of the box that I don’t think anyone can contemplate actually using them. Like, 40mm handgun rounds, 137mm light machinegun rounds, and so on. Like, it’s pretty evident that isn’t the case, seeing as none of those guns have barrels even remotely large enough.

10. Warlock Lowk September 21, 2014 at 4:20 am -      #6610

“Have you seen the official “statistics” on the weapons? So out of the box that I don’t think anyone can contemplate actually using them. ”

Sadly no. Wasn’t able to afford the edition with the arms and armament field guide. I’m hoping in a bit they add it to Nook or the library or something.

11. the_man_with The_Answers September 21, 2014 at 4:52 am -      #6611

I think they have the stats up on various websites. Just ludicrous projectile sizes that I just can’t believe.

12. Warlock Lowk September 21, 2014 at 5:08 am -      #6612

Well that could be one explanation for why fallen’s head disappear when I headshot them. Seems to me like those people need to start posting some scans or pics.

13. erickyboo September 21, 2014 at 5:10 am -      #6613

EMP from weapons and such. Plasma pistols for instance.

Destiny’s stuff doesn’t make much sense. Although imagine covies or promethean /sentinels fighting destiny stuff.

14. Ninja Xtreme September 21, 2014 at 6:04 am -      #6614

I thought that Destiny had a boring and cliche story.

15. Warlock Lowk September 21, 2014 at 1:20 pm -      #6615

“I thought that Destiny had a boring and cliche story.”

I’m giving the story a pass for now on account thats it’s essentially the first chapter in book. They stated there going to be continuing the story, and it’s supposed to last for a while. Plus the grimoire hints at interesting things for the future.

16. Commander Cross September 21, 2014 at 1:21 pm -      #6616

So how does Destiny vs Alagaesia or Destiny vs Red vs Blue stand, as it is if either were suggested?

Or we could do Halo vs Destiny if Halo gets Red vs Blue with them.

17. IamTaco November 17, 2014 at 4:49 am -      #6617

So…. Can halo get the FP award already? I mean this is the most commented thread on this site. Halo has fought hard to get this victory.

18. erickyboo January 27, 2015 at 12:46 am -      #6618

Apparently promethean knights weren’t operating at full power on requiem:
    “was discovered that LightRifles formed the standard ranged armament of Promethean Knights, though they appeared unable to take full advantage of the weapon’s long-range capabilities.”
    www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/universe/weapons/light-rifle

Also I just requested a match where blue team, majestic, palmer and quick to adjust board the death star, I hope I did it right. Should be interesting, hopefully it gets posted.

19. Warlock Lowk February 11, 2015 at 11:10 pm -      #6619

“Apparently promethean knights weren’t operating at full power on requiem:”

No they just weren’t able to able to make use of there weapons range.
    Some Promethean and Covie weapons(that aren’t slow as shit) should be blockable by barriers. Turns out they work via kinetic damage. So huzzah for that tiny itty bitty advantage that will in no way change anything.

20. erickyboo February 11, 2015 at 11:24 pm -      #6620

LightRifle is also an energy weapon… And considering the damage lightrifle do, then simply it being kinetic would make it pretty powerful…
    Also, what do you mean about covenant too? The new LightRifle’s firing mode could probably cut a person like me in half from my torso. Wide shot is wide.

21. Warlock Lowk February 12, 2015 at 12:19 am -      #6621

“The LightRifle has also a wide shot mode that the promethean knights apparently weren’t able to use. Considering how their weapons are attached to their arms, I’d say not operating at full power.”

Or just didn’t use it. Did they use it at all anywhere else like in escalation? Is there anything specifically saying that were’t at full power?
    “Also, what do you mean about covenant too?”

I mean most of their energy weapons are noticeably slow which would make dodging them easier then say regular bullet. With the exception of sniper rifles of course but that isn’t used by most. The other rifles like the carbine and the needle rifle are solid projectiles and blockable by shields.
    “The new LightRifle’s firing mode could probably cut a person like me in half from my torso.”

So can ME’s sniper rifles. And shields are capable of blocking hits from that.
    And by wide shot are you talking about the scattershot? I try to keep up with some Halo lore but I miss a lot. I haven’t heard of the wide shot.

22. MasterchiefQr February 12, 2015 at 10:23 am -      #6622

“Kinetic barriers are repulsive mass effect fields projected from tiny emitters. These shields safely deflect small objects traveling at rapid velocities. This affords protection from bullets and other dangerous projectiles, but still allows the user to sit down without knocking away their chair.
    The shielding afforded by kinetic barriers DOES NOT PROTECT AGAINST EXTREMES OF TEMPERATURE,TOXINS, OR RADIATION”

Covenant carbines use solid, caseless radioactive projectiles; the raw toxic materials of which are mined on one of Sanghelios moons. Needler ammo or Blamite
    is also mined from one of these moons. But idk if it can get through the kinetic barriers. Then there is also the fuel rod gun. This is also radioactive I believe.

23. Warlock Lowk February 12, 2015 at 12:31 pm -      #6623

Why do people keep bringing this up like they are completely defenseless against those? They wear sealed-suit armor underneath the shield you know. The thing that helps them from harmful stuff like radiation heat or the unforgiving darkness of space.
    “Armored hard-suits are sealable to protect the wearer from extremes of temperature and atmosphere.”
    “If a bullet or other incoming object gets past the barrier, it contends with the more traditional body armor. A sealed suit of non-porous ballistic cloth provides kinetic and environmental protection, reinforced by lightweight composite ceramic plates in areas that either don’t need to flex or require additional coverage, such as the chest and head.”

It’s like no one ever reads the part about the other layers of protection combat suits have. I mean shielding is cool sci-fi shit an all but it doesn’t have to be the only form of defense.They even put in a part about how armor helps some against DEWs.

24. MasterchiefQr February 27, 2015 at 10:16 am -      #6624

“It’s like no one ever reads the part about the other layers of protection combat suits”

Also I believe that the wide beam setting was in the Halo 5 multiplayer beta in the MC collection.

25. Warlock Lowk February 27, 2015 at 11:35 am -      #6625

“I am fully aware of that I was simply stating that the shields did not stop all forms of weapons.”

So I’m guessing you haven’t read through the match. That’s understandable, that a lota fucking comments. So, sorry. Probably should’ve said something along the lines of:

26. MasterchiefQr March 2, 2015 at 11:40 am -      #6626

“That was already discussed pretty much everyone in the match already noted that is some form or another. Throughtout the debate. From both sides of the debate.”

Good to know……. now 😛

27. erickyboo March 26, 2015 at 9:54 pm -      #6627

Power shift… Jul’s Covenant and Halsey have the Janus Key and head for the absolute record.

Also MJOLNIR thrusters can lift up a Spartan vertically.

28. Ordo11 March 26, 2015 at 10:01 pm -      #6628

Wait so is this an active thread? I know a little about had and have some books to help with info/quotes. Though halo is probably dead.

29. MasterchiefQr April 2, 2015 at 6:56 am -      #6629

“Though halo is probably dead.”

Wait till halo 5 dude before you say that XD.

30. sierra117 April 15, 2015 at 1:42 am -      #6630

Forerunners and Precursors wrecks ME with ease

31. erickyboo May 5, 2015 at 6:00 pm -      #6631

“Though halo is probably dead.”

What do you mean by that?

Can I get some numbers on mass effect stuff?
    Someone at 343i has taken interest in halo vs mass effect, halo vs star wars stuff. So I’d like some numbers if possible…

32. CH1C4N0444 is allergic to bullets May 5, 2015 at 8:16 pm -      #6632

@Erickyboo What?

33. Limbo Lowk May 6, 2015 at 12:22 am -      #6633

“Can I get some numbers on mass effect stuff?”

Two galaxies, three ending, N7, four games, One badass Turian that enjoys music during intense gunfights. These numbers helping?

34. erickyboo May 6, 2015 at 10:18 pm -      #6634

Someone at 343i in debate (on waypoint not here.)

I mean, numbers as in feats, calcs and so on.

35. CH1C4N0444 is allergic to bullets May 6, 2015 at 11:50 pm -      #6635

@Ericky Someone who works at 343i actually is looking at numbers from debates on random sites? Link to where he’s asking for this and what not? Also, how’d you find out about it?

36. Limbo Lowk May 7, 2015 at 12:24 am -      #6636

Depends on what you specifically asking for.
    Weapon wise what I can recall:
    They infantry weapons fire round at hypersonic(mach 5.5) or hypervelocity(8.8). Might be high in the case of Geth’s sniper rifle.
    The hypervelocity is for sniper rifles and a few assault rifles that are designed to mimic sniper rifles firepower.
    They can blast through stone leaving large holes. Also capable of splitting someone’s torso from their legs.
    Pretty much any gun can be programmed to make modded ammunition that can instantly freeze people solid, incinerate them, fire emp emitting rounds, shape ammo to be more armor piercing, make them radioactive, fire explosive rounds.
    An Omnitool which can do pretty much anything from computing to manipulating materials. They can mod weapons and armor, make repairs, scan things, do forensic science, direct imps, fire plasma, freeze things, shock nervous systems, create flying(That shoot rocket/lightning/fire), make blades, armor piercing cross bows, hack things, create riot shields, construct ammo drops, etc.
    Unmanned drones have mass accelerator cannons that can level a house and leave a crater where it was.
    The blackhole gun is now field tested and mass produced.
    Turian have a combat vehicles with a 20 kilometer range
    The standard alliance IFV has a 155mm mass accelerator cannon.
    Shields and armor can take a hit from an IED that is capable of blasting a 13 ton vehicle up into the air.
    I guess the fact that they can make IEDs that can blast a 13 ton vehicle up into the air is a feat.

37. MasterchiefQr May 8, 2015 at 6:30 am -      #6637

I know this is a little off subject but if anyone can tell the 343i guy that Precursors need to be more powerful than the Xeelee and Time lords it would help them out a whole bunch.

Also halo wins this hands down with anything that came before 100,000BCE. Post war is as even as you can get.

38. Haereticum May 20, 2015 at 4:13 pm -      #6638

Has anyone discussed Halo’s NOVA bomb yet? If not, why not?.

It shattered a small moon from 5000km away and scorched 1/3 of a nearby planets surface, as well as destroyed all infrastructure on the planet.

Drop one of these, and bye-bye Citadel.

Oh, and this thread is a cesspit of misinformation. Those who say the Reapers defeat everything? They still use mass effect technology, so size is limited: the UNSC Infinity is larger than any Reaper, with more powerful weapons, and even that was weaker than most Covenant ships. And Covenant ships are pathetic compared to Forerunners and Precursors.

Mass Effect’s Kinetic shield are exactly as described — kinetic. They only negate kinetic energy, so the directed energy weapons common in Halo would not be affected. Also, even a plasma pistol can burn through a couple of inches of starship-grade Titanium-A, so the protection provided by ME’s armour would be negligible.

Sorry if this has already been discussed to death. The absence of all signs of intelligent life in the first few pages was killing me.

If you want to read some more intelligent ideas about how this could play out, head to: m.fanfiction.net/Halo-and-Mass-Effect-Crossovers/1342/2927/?srt=4&t=0&g1=0&g2=0&r=10&lan=0&len=0&s=0&c1=0&c2=0&c3=0&c4=0&_g1=0&_c1=0&_c2=0

39. TheSorrow May 20, 2015 at 4:33 pm -      #6639

Has anyone discussed Halo’s NOVA bomb yet? If not, why not

Well you could always go through the pages to find out if they did.

There are still 60+ pages to read through.

Criticizes the thread for lacking intelligence, links to a page about fan factions as a legitimate substitute. Loving the logic in that.

40. pimpmage May 20, 2015 at 4:35 pm -      #6640

This match was created 6-years ago. Before all this site became more structured. People debate much better nowadays. Instead of checking the first few pages, check the latest few. Also, about the bomb. It is indeed powerful. But from the book I read, I seem to recall the only one in existence being a prototype. That was the one that was detonated. Can’t really mass produce what no longer exists.

Also, disregard sorrow. He likes to be a total jerkoff. And he obviously doesn’t notice that you are a newcomer to this site without knowledge of how it runs. Which makes him a rude idiot.

41. TheSorrow May 20, 2015 at 4:49 pm -      #6641

Well someone’s moody today, I didn’t say anything that was unnecessarily rude. I just fail to see how fan fictions at all make for a good source of information on how a debate should proceed. It’s more than likely littered with that writer’s bias.

Also, being a newcomer doesn’t excuse calling the debate unintelligent when you admit to not reading enough to get a good grasp on the thread in the first place. So you want to rephrase everything you just wrote about me pimp, or are you going to continue being pissy?

42. pimpmage May 20, 2015 at 4:56 pm -      #6642

An analogy might work better here. It’s like you are expecting a toddler to be able to be able to debate properly. That’s extremely cynical of you to get mad at him for that. He is new, tell him how we do things here instead of being insulting.

43. TheSorrow May 20, 2015 at 5:04 pm -      #6643

It’s like you are expecting a toddler to be able to be able to debate properly

A toddler? Who’s the one being insulting here right now? He isn’t 5 years old, I am not going to treat him with silk gloves just because he is new here. I am saying that it should be easy for him to understand why fan fiction isn’t a legitimate source.

He is new, tell him how we do things here instead of being insulting.

I found it ironic the way he worded his comment. He claims to be passingly familiar with how debates should be handled, so now I want him to prove it. It’s clear he wants us to see him as knowledgeable of the subject, so now here’s his chance. There isn’t anything left to discuss.

44. pimpmage May 20, 2015 at 5:09 pm -      #6644

He is not literally a toddler. As a newcomer, he should deserve leniency because he doesn’t know how this site works.

Anyway, you must take pleasure in how fast you are able to scare away newcomers to this site. Well done.

45. Aelfinn May 20, 2015 at 5:11 pm -      #6645

Fight! Fight! Fight!

Kiss…kiss

46. TheSorrow May 20, 2015 at 5:17 pm -      #6646

It would be different if he had actually asked more questions regarding the debate, but he skipped that tactic almost immediately and instead claims it lacked intelligence. So he wants us to think he has some knowledge about it. Your analogy doesn’t work.

You are free to make pointless character assassinations if you want, it’s no skin off my nose if he chooses not to engage after this point though.

Shout out to the Rooster Teeth reference Aelfinn.

47. pimpmage May 20, 2015 at 5:20 pm -      #6647

The first dozen pages of ANY older debates are horrid cesspools. He is not wrong that they lack intelligence. Do not take that as an insult to your character or this site. Besides, absolutely nobody will take the time to read 6000 posts. Ever.

48. TheSorrow May 20, 2015 at 5:24 pm -      #6648

I told him there are more pages to read. Also, where is the logic in looking back at the outdated comments to inform what you will say now? It’s bound to make you look misinformed.

This is getting ridiculous, he isn’t even paying attention to this, more concerned with posting on every match that he finds interesting. So my advice is to drop this futile effort at making me see your perspective.

Do not take that as an insult to your character or this site.

How else am I supposed to take it? Apparently I am the boogeyman that all the newcomers look for under their beds and closets.

49. pimpmage May 20, 2015 at 5:28 pm -      #6649

I’ve seen that sort of thing happen before. Remember crej4? His name was something like that.. Anyway, he posted on like 50 different 40k matches and said 40k wanks. This guy is doing nothing of the sort compared to crej4. I see no harm at all.

50. Friendlysociopath May 20, 2015 at 5:29 pm -      #6650

Besides, absolutely nobody will take the time to read 6000 posts. Ever.

Well not exactly… first debate I found on this site was the Phase 3 Darktrooper vs a Space Marine; I read it all.
    That’s not to say it’s expected or even reasonable though, I’m an outlier in every sense of the word.

He is indeed new though, welcome Haereticum. Try not to jump into past debates with 60 pages though, odds are literally everything related to both sides, and its mother, and the kitchen sink, and the sink’s mother, has been brought up; several times, during the course of 60 pages.

51. Limbo Lowk May 20, 2015 at 6:08 pm -      #6651

“Fight! Fight! Fight!

Kiss…kiss”

And now I know who my favorite piler this week is.

52. Darth Bombad May 20, 2015 at 6:11 pm -      #6652

^ This.

Unless a new game, book, movie, or whatever related material has come out
    with new information then there’s no need to revive an old debate.

“The first dozen pages of ANY older debates are horrid cesspools.”
    But they are hilarious!, like the guy who said “Superman and Master Chief
    have the same strength so it’ll be a parking lot brawl.
    LOL!!!

How’d that match get an FP award anyway?, biggest stomp ever!.

53. TheSorrow May 20, 2015 at 6:20 pm -      #6653

It was before the rule for stomps not getting awards was put in place.

54. Aelfinn May 20, 2015 at 6:46 pm -      #6654

“And now I know who my favorite piler this week is.”

Thanks, man. I’m here to help.

55. Siggymansz May 20, 2015 at 6:51 pm -      #6655

@Pimpmage
    “Besides, absolutely nobody will take the time to read 6000 posts. Ever.”

I did…

@TheSorrow
    “How else am I supposed to take it?”

Passive Aggressively :p

@Haereticum
    Pimpmage and TheSorrow are ex husband and wife, don’t mind them.

56. Jake_Uzumaki May 20, 2015 at 7:00 pm -      #6656

I’ve read through matches close to this length before, though not this one before because I never had enough interest in debating it.

57. Nsl98 May 20, 2015 at 7:49 pm -      #6657

I read SoT vs WoT.

1 65 66 67

NASA’s Software Catalog

Yes, now you can build a rocket too - Actually, there is an amazing amount of free software and complete documentation on how to make and perform some amazing feats of science. I'm interested to know what Facts would do with it... Click here to get started!

Mining the Moon

It's going to happen soon - there are a ton to rare Earth Metals on that big old rock in the sky! Check out this infographic!

Michio Kaku: The Universe In a Nutshell

Fantastic video that easily explains physics of our universe: Michio Kaku - Universe in a Nutshell

Raiders of the Lost Ark – Conception Transcribed

Raiders of the Lost Ark - This is an amazing read on the thought process between George Lucas, Steven Spielberg and Lawrence Kasdan as they talk through the concepts of this amazing film. It's practically peering into the thought process of some of the most influential film makers of our day. And amazingly, shows how creative Lucas was.

Help Out Nepal

Finally a good reason to support Destiny.

Modern Gaming

Sad but true.

Curiosity Rover Spotted by Mars Orbiter on Mount Sharp

Humanity is the invading alien now...