Phase 3 DarkTrooper Vs Space Marine

Phase 3 DarkTrooper (Star Wars) Vs Space Marine (Warhammer 40K)

Well, here is a match that if all indications are correct, should be close to an even match. I have to confess that I didn’t know of a DarkTrooper until it was mentioned on the site – a little reading later, this might be a battle that the Space Marine loses…

Or does he?

« Previous 1 9 10 11 12

1,124 Comments on "Phase 3 DarkTrooper Vs Space Marine"

1. FisherKing August 19, 2013 at 1:09 pm -      #1001

” to acknowledge that the Machine Spirits in general are backed by outright wankage”
    When the fuck did I state that? I never did sub-human. Better yet even if I did it would have no bearing on anything I posted recently.

——————–
    “et its Heresy to prove that Phrik isn’t wanked?”
    And Commander Cross has also admitted being an irrefutable retard.

2. Sauroposeidon August 19, 2013 at 1:11 pm -      #1002

Ok, I have to admit my amusement in this is finally waning.. and we’re at around 1000 posts now. No need for this to be continued. I’m abandoning ship, folks. Have fun.

3. Commander Cross August 19, 2013 at 1:15 pm -      #1003

On #998

I will leave with this warning, though:

Two days after today, on the time of August 21st, the Apocalypse finally happens.

We all have about 2 days for what we want to do in regards to the news, and when the time comes, it’ll be the beginning of the end of this age in BankGambling.
    Its the End of BankGambling as we Know It, the day after tomorrow.

Figure out what you wanna do during today and tomorrow.

4. FisherKing August 19, 2013 at 1:16 pm -      #1004

“I’m abandoning ship, folks. Have fun.”
    I accept your concession you retarded shit.

5. FisherKing August 19, 2013 at 1:23 pm -      #1005

” The mass would be then ”
    Quite a serious error. The mass was 360 kg.

6. Dassadec August 19, 2013 at 2:04 pm -      #1006

42. Argumentum ad nauseum, or argument from repetition (AKA the ExpertImp)
    This is when someone keeps making a claim over and over again, but either does not provide actual evidence, or provides evidence which is later debunked, but keeps making the claim. Eventually (or so he hopes), his opponent will get tired of arguing and he can declare victory.

Example:

Person A: “Goku has VAST senses! He would easily sense the Flash and beat him. Goku’s senses are BEYOND those of the Flash.”

Person B. “That is too vague, Goku has trouble sensing someone with normal human ki, even if we assume the Flash has ki (which is not necessarily true), then since he uses the Speedforce for his powers and not ki, his ki would not be any greater than that of a normal human. Goku cannot sense beings too far away in space if he does not recognize their ki, and even if he does he still cannot sense them if they are too far away (he had to get King Kai’s help to locate the new planet Namek, even though he knew what a Namekian ki signature felt like). Furthermore, he often loses track of his opponents when they move around him, and these opponents usually have kis as large or larger than his. There’s no way he’d sense the Flash, who only has normal human – equivalent ki, and is moving way faster than any DBZ character, and even if he did, he wouldn’t be able to react in time to stop him.”

Person A: “You’re chatting garbage! Goku has VAST senses! He can sense people light – years and dimensions away! He can easily sense the slow – ass Flash right in front of him!”

Person B: I already explained this to you, he has trouble sensing people even with strong, familiar kis if they are too far away, and the dimension thing isn’t really quantifiable, especially considering it was harder for him to sense the Nameks in his own dimension than it was to sense King Kai in the afterlife. Furthermore, he loses track of his enemies when they are moving fast around him, and they have very large kis. He would never sense someone moving at FTL speed with only average human ki.

Person A: “Stop chatting crap! Goku can sense anything anywhere. The Flash is alive, he has spirit! Goku has VAST senses, he would easily sense the Flash and beat him.”

Person B: “You know what? I give up. I’ve already explained this to you a million times but you’re just not listening.”

Person A: “Ha! Concession accepted! I win!”

Here person B has refuted all of person A’s arguments, but person A ignores the refutations and evidence and simply keeps stating his arguments over and over again.
    —-
    Noone has conceded anything to you. Please look over the BankGambling rules of debate and come again another day. You break 3-5 of them everytimr you post

7. FisherKing August 19, 2013 at 2:22 pm -      #1007

“Noone has conceded anything to you”
    No matter how many times you lie to yourself it won’t be true.
    ——————–
    “You break 3-5 of them everytimr you post”
    No I don’t or, atleast, none of the ones that matter. If anything it’s you retards with your unsourced wank and contradiction of canon feats that go against all logic, which should be the basis for every debating “rule”.

8. Dassadec August 19, 2013 at 2:29 pm -      #1008

“No matter how many times you lie to yourself it won’t be true.”
    No matter how many times you lie to yourself it won’t be true.

9. FisherKing August 19, 2013 at 2:47 pm -      #1009

FullRetard.exe activated by user: Dassadec. The sub-human has been so devastated that the pain has caused its shit-filled head to regress back into an even more retarded state. It now abandoned all facades of intellect and is spewing retarded nonsense that would’ve been pathetic even in the most elementary of learning institutions. This is Dassadec Unchained(by reason or logic).

10. Xornell August 19, 2013 at 3:15 pm -      #1010

“FullRetard.exe”
    Are you too stupid to come up with new jeers? Stealing from Galorian on the Zealot vs Spess Mareen thread? Sad, bro. Just sad.

11. FisherKing August 19, 2013 at 3:23 pm -      #1011

“Stealing from Galorian on the Zealot vs Spess Mareen thread?”
    The “full retard” came from Tropic Thunder, a blockbuster movie. To suggest that Galorian was the only one who knew about the term “full retard”, whether or not they saw the movie is irrelevant. The fact that you can’t realize that is another testament to your inferiority. Galorian did not create it at all, not only that the format I used it in was COMPLETELY different than the standard “full retard” to the point where one can say that it was a product of my own devising.

12. Xornell August 19, 2013 at 3:29 pm -      #1012

“The “full retard” came from Tropic Thunder, a blockbuster movie.”
    Completely aware. And it was used for the first time on this site yesterday by the user in question. Being the uncreative lout you are, you obviously saw that as a better insulting phrase than your own and decided to adopt it. Do you intend on creating a new account claiming to be someone’s father for your next act? Gtfo you tool.

13. FisherKing August 19, 2013 at 3:44 pm -      #1013

“Completely aware”
    ” And it was used for the first time on this site yesterday by the user in question.”
    I highly doubt that, and even if it true only a retard such as yourself would think that such a term as “full retard” would not have been stated before by numerous commenters on other sites across the web considering it’s an extremely common term considering it was the only memorable thing from a summer blockbuster from a couple of years ago.

—————-
    “you obviously saw that as a better insulting phrase than your own and decided to adopt it.”
    Projecting your inferiority is a habit it seems. You are a proven retard and it seems that, in the absence of rational thought you fill it with your own failings. I obviously knew of the term before, knew how common it was, and decided to put a creative spin on it that made it much more effective.
    ——————
    “Do you intend on creating a new account claiming to be someone’s father for your next act? ”
    I know you’re retarded but even you have to realize how far beneath me you are. Knowing that it should be clear that I would never be so much of a mouth-breather as to do something that retarded, especially when it was done already because of teh devastation I cause don you sub-humans. Shit attempt at discrediting.

14. Xornell August 19, 2013 at 4:07 pm -      #1014

“More like you had no clue about it and honestly assumed that Galorian was the first one to ever create the term, and when it was pointed out you tried backpedalling.”
    Nope.
    “I highly doubt that…”
    Prove it, bitchtits.
    “Projecting your inferiority is a habit it seems.”
    Not projecting anything. Not even my own shitty. I am, however, saying that your “insults” are more cute & funny than insulting.
    ” know you’re retarded but even you have to realize how far beneath me you are.
    … So I’ll put you down as a maybe?

15. FisherKing August 19, 2013 at 4:14 pm -      #1015

“Nope.”

————————
    “Prove”

Burden of proof sub-human.

—————————
    “Not projecting anything. ”
    Except your sub-human inferiority.
    ————————-
    “… So I’ll put you down as a maybe?’

16. Xornell August 19, 2013 at 4:17 pm -      #1016

“Wrong as that’s obviously what you’ve done. Obviously you retards wouldn’t admit where you failed.”
    Again, I say, prove it, bitchtits. If it’s so obvious, it shouldn’t be a problem.
    “Burden of proof sub-human.”
    You made the claim, bitchtits. That means you’ve gotta prove it. Learn what words mean before you say them.
    “What you sub-humans do or do not “think”, and I use that word extremely lightly as it’s obvious you do not have the capacity for critical thought, means nothing retard.”
    As with 90% of your posts, I didn’t read this. I’ve still got you down as “maybe”.

17. FisherKing August 19, 2013 at 5:01 pm -      #1017

“Again, I say, prove it”
    ——–
    “You made the claim”

————–
    “As with 90% of your posts, I didn’t read this”

18. Xornell August 19, 2013 at 5:16 pm -      #1018

“The retardation and backpedaling in your posts is proof enough which is why I stated it sub-human.”
    If ya can’t prove it stfu. Bitchtits.
    “And the sub-human shows it is incapable of remembering what it shitcomments. You claimed it was never stated before, thus the burden of proof would be on you.”
    The first dribble there isn’t a sentence. I claimed it was never stated, you said it was. I know for a fact it wasn’t, and since you can’t prove a negative, it’s on you, bitchtits.
    “Because you’re too stupid to comprehend it, which is something i’ve already deduced.”
    No, it’s quite the opposite, really. Your comments aren’t worth reading.

19. FisherKing August 19, 2013 at 6:08 pm -      #1019

“If ya can’t prove it”
    ——————
    “I claimed it was never stated, you said it was. I know for a fact it wasn’t, and since you can’t prove a negative,”
    The fact that you’re oblivious that you just stated you made a claim, and then go on to state you don’t have to prove it because you’re retarded, is a testament to your sub-human stupidity. If you weren’t such a retard maybe you’d realize how badly you’ve been destroyed these past few days.

————-
    “No, it’s quite the opposite, really”
    What you delude yourself with has no bearing on reality.

20. Xornell August 19, 2013 at 6:20 pm -      #1020

“I already stated I did sub-human, but you’re incapable of understanding simple information by your own admission.”
    No you didn’t. You whined, cried, and threw around petty insults, bitchtits.
    “The fact that you’re oblivious that you just stated you made a claim, and then go on to state you don’t have to prove it because you’re retarded”
    This is where the majestic bitchtits shows its complete lack of reading comprehension skills.
    “If you weren’t such a retard maybe you’d realize how badly you’ve been destroyed these past few days.”
    FP Awards were with us, bitchtits. We won. You lost. GG.
    “What you delude yourself with has no bearing on reality.”
    The bitchtits falls back on its catchphrase when confronted with logic. This is gold. Going to send in a tape to Discovery channel entitled “Bitchtits: 40k Troll Extraordinaire!”

21. FisherKing August 19, 2013 at 6:28 pm -      #1021

“No you didn’t.”

—————–
    ” its complete lack of reading comprehension skills.”
    —————–
    “FP Awards”
    “HHUURF WU GUT DA FUPU AWAURD DAT MUNZ WE WUN DURF DURF”

Sub-humans actually shitcomment this.
    —————————-

“when confronted with logic.”
    The sub-human thinks spewing blatant falsities is “trolling”.
    —————
    ” Going to send in a tape to Discovery channel entitled “Bitchtits: 40k Troll Extraordinaire!””

22. Xornell August 19, 2013 at 6:44 pm -      #1022

“Maybe in your shit-filled cranium that’s what occurred, but like I keep stating your delusions have no bearing on reality.”
    On the contrary, I could say the same thing about you, bitchtits.
    “The sub-human alters reality in its delusions to better cope with the painful truth. No, Xornell. You are the retard.”
    Once more, this is more your ballpark than mine, bitchtits.
    “Sub-humans actually shitcomment this.”
    I know you think writing like a moron is clever, but I honestly can’t even understand what “HUR HAHD ANF NAIF NAIF MOW!” is supposed to mean. Loses a bit of it’s zing if it can’t be deciphered. Bitchtits.
    “The sub-human thinks spewing blatant falsities is “trolling”.”
    This sentence is hilarious, as it shows you have no idea what the fuck is going on. Poor bitchtits, are you on acid again?
    “The sub-human copies my play-on-words with dijango unchained, yet thinks putting it in “tv” format makes it noticeable such is its immense stupidity.”
    Copying is such a bland, boring, and legally harsh word. I am merely parodying your stupidity. By dropping to your level, I not only get the joy of mocking you ironically, but also hope that you will see the error of your ways.
    I’d tell you not to breed, but something tells me the ladies didn’t give you that option anyway, huh chum?

23. FisherKing August 19, 2013 at 7:01 pm -      #1023

“On the contrary, I could say the same thing about you”
    No you couldn’t retard.
    —————————
    “Once more, this is more your ballpark than mine”
    In your delusions retard.
    ——————-
    “I know you think writing like a moron is clever”

Nice projecting there sub-human. That text was the same as yours, they were both conceptually retarded. The only difference was one was made to be more obvious so maybe even you
    ——————-
    “This sentence is hilarious”

It’s common for sub-humans to replace negative feelings with positive ones inside their delusions. in reality Xornell is terrified at how accurately I described his feeble attempts at making a viable comeback, which caused him to go into this current “HURRF HURRF AUM A GUNTULAMEHN” phase.
    ——————-
    “I am merely parodying your stupidity. ”

You mean you tried being funny, failed, and then backtracked where you tried adopting a semi-verbose tone to try and show that you’re intelligent. The fact you don’t realize how flawed that is shows what a retard you are, if the mountains of evidence you already provided so far wasn’t sufficient which it was.

24. Xornell August 19, 2013 at 7:09 pm -      #1024

“No you couldn’t retard.”
    Ah but I could, bitchtits.
    “In your delusions retard.”
    Oh no, in reality. Bitchtits.
    “Nice projecting there sub-human. That text was the same as yours, they were both conceptually retarded.”
    The fact that you can’t tell the difference, and ignored my point about you failing at online dribble-speak, proves you don’t have the IQ to be here. Gtfo, bitchtits.
    “It’s common for sub-humans to replace negative feelings with positive ones inside their delusions.”
    Negative? It made me laugh. Are you a psychopath, or just stupid?
    “You mean you tried being funny, failed, and then backtracked where you tried adopting a semi-verbose tone to try and show that you’re intelligent.”
    Nope, I mean parodying. Of course, your posts are jokes to being with. Can one parody a joke? These are the real questions, bitchtits.

25. Dassadec August 19, 2013 at 7:14 pm -      #1025

Fisherking vs Xornell,
    the saga continues.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=lizxAnFRmfk
    I will say the first 10 seconds or so have never applied to anyone more than Fisher on FP

26. Dassadec August 19, 2013 at 7:30 pm -      #1026

“Nope, I mean parodying. Of course, your posts are jokes to being with. Can one parody a joke? These are the real questions”
    YES, you can parody a joke as evidenced by
    www.imdb.com/title/tt0117571/
    a semi joke of a film being parodied by
    www.imdb.com/title/tt0175142/
    in turn being Parodied by
    www.imdb.com/title/tt0212235/
    One of life’s great mysteries solved!

27. Xornell August 19, 2013 at 7:30 pm -      #1027

Lol I’m actually done. I’ve had my fun here, time to let this thread die.

28. Sauroposeidon August 19, 2013 at 7:35 pm -      #1028

Thank god. It was like watching a lion tear apart a baby elephant. Glad to see that you’re letting it die, Xornell.

29. Xornell August 19, 2013 at 7:38 pm -      #1029

Can… Can I be the lion?

30. Sauroposeidon August 19, 2013 at 7:52 pm -      #1030

Yes. You can be the lion.

31. FisherKing August 19, 2013 at 8:04 pm -      #1031

“HUURRF HURRF NUH UUH N U UZ WUT AH JUZ SAUD BACHTATZ XD XD LOL AH TWULL UUU!!!”
    Xornell continues to spew retarded nonsense despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Sub-human spewing worthless buzzwords means nothing as does repeatedly stating your delusions. I mean you’re a proven retard, as in there has been mountains of evidence that confirms this claim beyond a shadow of a doubt. Even you haven’t forgotten the pain of being broken which means that the reason you’re being so blatantly retarded, as in making no effort to hide your stupidity, is because you think doing that is some way. Only you, a sub-human who are by their very nature are passive-aggressive and timid, would consider that to be more damaging to others than it is to one’s self, but I guess that’s part of what makes you a sub-human.

32. FisherKing August 19, 2013 at 8:05 pm -      #1032

“Yes. You can be the lion.”

Yeah, you can be anything you want in your sub-human collective circle-jerk. Whatever helps you cope with the painful truths of reality.

33. ZomBMO August 19, 2013 at 8:12 pm -      #1033

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzNBGwCx1wE

34. creyzi4j February 26, 2014 at 1:06 pm -      #1034

Phase 3 Dark Trooper wins.

35. Bulls-3ye February 28, 2014 at 6:10 am -      #1035

@creyzi4
    “Phase 3 Dark Trooper wins.”
    Totally agree and i’ve finally found the dumbist mother fu#%3r! to ever
    smear this site with they’re shockingly low I.Q Bitchtits!…err i mean FisherKing.

36. Rebecca Heart February 28, 2014 at 7:37 am -      #1036

It does seem odd that, someone like him was allowed to post freely, for so long.

37. Sauroposeidon February 28, 2014 at 7:43 am -      #1037

He was someone who’s been here for forever, so I suspect he was granted some leniency to stop his annoyance. He wasn’t as bad back then as he was here. He was just biased and easily lured in to shouting matches. When he came back he was bitterer than ever and slowly slipped further and further (well, actually not very slowly at all).
    Shame. I wish he’d kept a bit of a lid on it. He made for easy prey and had a way of giving life to older debates that had long since lost their spark. If only he were a bit more toned down he might still be handing me easy wins.

38. Commander Cross February 28, 2014 at 8:46 am -      #1038

He was also one of the people behind why Gurren Lagann and Tenchi Muyo both mobilized to war against Warhammer 40K as well, to a point.

Basically speaking if it were not for people like him, this probably wouldn’t have happened as a reality for sure.

Kind of interesting to hear when you think on how Patriots and Tyrants alike often tended to create their own demise, is it not? ^_^

Sometimes I wonder more about that, but at least Tenchi Muyo and Gurren Lagann’s odds of getting more fights to represent them managed to increase if only somewhat, did they not?

Now if only we can find the right opponents for any representatives of either, because I’m sure if we can do this, we can be happier.

Tenchi Masaki’s and Simon the Digger’s various enemies may have more fight potential if we can find anyone who can keep up with any of them.

Does anybody have any good ideas for opponents, next?

39. Honk123456789 August 16, 2014 at 5:57 am -      #1039

I have a Question. What is the Dark trooper itself made out of?
    Because although the armour may be very durable a sufficient concussive force may be able to damage the trooper inside the suit.

40. Sauroposeidon August 16, 2014 at 12:26 pm -      #1040

It’s made out of a special alloy called Plot Armor, who’s primary material is known as Nobody Gives A Fuck.
    But no, seriously, I don’t think anyone knows. It’s also a suit you can wear so I’m guessing it’s mostly hollow and able to avoid shit like that from happening since what’s the point of nuke eating armor if you still get pulped?

41. Namer August 16, 2014 at 2:07 pm -      #1041

Most armour typically has paddings or shock absorbers to prevent that.

42. Jake_Uzumaki August 16, 2014 at 2:19 pm -      #1042

The Phase 3 Darktrooper armor also doubles as a battledroid platform that does not require a pilot if I recall directly so there’s that as well.

43. Commander Cross August 16, 2014 at 2:45 pm -      #1043

Does whatever Unspecified Space Marine chapter have anything in the way of Ion Weaponry, or any form of Weaponized Anti-Tech Gear that may be of use to call on, provided we’re talking a Droid inside a Phase 3 Dark Trooper for that matter?

Even if they did, what’s stopping the Phase 3 Dark Trooper from just getting a Droid of HK-47′s intelligence or above from getting inside that armor and raising hell on the opposition, a Grey Knight notwithstanding or anything on their level or above?

The fact that the 40K Unspecified Marine has those Not-so-consistent calcs becoming their own worst enemy’s doing them no good favors either, here.

44. Parry Boy August 16, 2014 at 4:11 pm -      #1044

Alright, the FP award goes right there, no one touches it.
    =====
    Quote of the day:
    “Prove it, Bitchtits.”
    -Xornell

45. Darth Bombad August 16, 2014 at 6:01 pm -      #1045

@Honk123456789
    O.K so this does come from Wookiepedia but their pretty reliable.
    “Dark troopers wore dark gray armor made of the nearly
    indestructible metal phrik.”
    “In addition to providing superior protection against enemy fire
    including energy weapons such as lightsabers.”
    “The armor was equipped with acceleration compensators
    to allow a soldier inside to endure the extreme maneuvers
    the unit was designed to perform.”
    Plus Jake’s right they can also be used as pure battledroids.

46. the watcher August 16, 2014 at 9:37 pm -      #1046

@Xornell and Fisherking
    Get a room. No one here wants to see that.
    If it’s made of phrik, then there’s no way in hell anything short of powerfist is getting through it. Maybe. That might not be enough.
    Is this one over when the suit is destroyed, or when the guy inside it is squished? First one, marine has next to no chance, second one, he might if he gets lucky.

47. Jake_Uzumaki August 16, 2014 at 9:45 pm -      #1047

Fisherking is long banned….and this match is long over an unaffected by the canon change as the Phase 3 Darktrooper only exists in the “EU/Legacy” universe

48. Honk123456789 August 17, 2014 at 7:53 am -      #1048

Thanks for the replies to my question.

49. Honk123456789 August 17, 2014 at 7:54 am -      #1049

Thanks for the replies I maybe able to look in to this deeper.

50. the watcher August 17, 2014 at 10:23 am -      #1050

@jake
    IK he’s gone. I’ve been wanting to say that since I saw this match the first time but didn’t have an account.
    Also, how do you feel about the EU being discredited? I personally, I think that after a short while the EU stopped feeling like Star Wars.

51. OberHerr August 17, 2014 at 11:26 am -      #1051

Some of the EU was kinda silly and didn’t feel like SW. But I wish they could have kept things like the Vong, or Thrawn, and KotOR

52. Xornell August 17, 2014 at 12:22 pm -      #1052

“But I wish they could have kept things like the Vong, or Thrawn, and KotOR”
    I’m hoping they have a Thrawn Cameo in the new movies. Something like Thanos at the end of the Avengers would drive the nerds in the audience fucking nuts. Unless the movie blows… In which case we’ll be heading to Abrams’ house with some pitchforks and shit.
    They also reference the EU in the canon material. Like Bane and Plagueis (who I think was created in the movie and expanded upon in the book), for example.
    Also, nice doge.

53. OberHerr August 17, 2014 at 12:35 pm -      #1053

Much thanks
    Such gratful
    But yeah, some sort of nod, or preferably a major plot point would be so cool. He’s arguably one of the best characters in Sci-Fi. Certainly Star Wars.
    And I just realized I should have said “Vong, Thrawn, and KotOR.”
    Forgive me.

54. Commander Cross August 17, 2014 at 2:14 pm -      #1054

I have to admit that New Jedi Order did bring in a lot of meaningful concepts that felt far better accomplished in Gurren Lagann and the TM multi-verse if it means anything.

Though Pre-Disney-wise, Modern Star Wars (probably) should have ended there.

You got a point on Thrawn and MJ though, maybe Kyle Katarn too and perhaps Lowie as far as Modern Star Wars should be concerned.

___

Why they didn’t keep all the content of Ancient Star Wars when KoTOR and The Old Republic are among the most Badass things brought to us, I have no idea.

55. Jake_Uzumaki August 17, 2014 at 3:04 pm -      #1055

the irony of the change was the whole Abeloth saga which was connected to the Mortis saga where Anikan became a god and well…yeah that’s canon now..

56. Commander Cross August 17, 2014 at 3:48 pm -      #1056

If a lot of things on ‘The Abeloth Saga’s suddenly canon, then ‘Proper’ counterparts to The Anti-Spiral Forces from Gurren Lagann, here we go.

Or perhaps not.

__

Still let’s be glad Modern Star Wars can count their blessings they’re not against the multi-verse of Tenchi Muyo in 1-vs-1 Universal ‘Warfare’, to which at the moment it won’t be much of a ‘War’
    to begin with when it’s like pitting pitting Forces from The French and Indian Wars to the Revolutionary War against the Militaries of Modern-Day Earth.

If Abeloth and ‘her’/its kind can’t fix that, Combat-by-Champion’s not gonna be a lot of help, either.
    Sure there might be some candidates for Combat-by-Champion, but majority-wise the odds aren’t too good.

___

Anyway back at the matters at hand, 40K Bolters are generally slower-than-cat-piss, and unless they’re supposed to be either Grey Knight Variants* that hit quicker, faster and harder or they’re Universe Busting, they can forget about bypassing Phase 03 Dark Trooper Defenses with each bullet.

If Bolters aren’t meant to be slower-than-cat-piss, why all the not-so-consistent calcs
    going on, exactly?

1.) (Or anything above said Variants I ought to know about, which aside from the Adeptus Custodes’ variants is very doubtful.)

57. the watcher August 17, 2014 at 4:11 pm -      #1057

Hold on. Didn’t they keep the EU for SW before the movies, and just stuff like the Vong was discredited?
    Since when was Abeloth canon with the exception of the clone wars appearance?

58. Commander Cross August 17, 2014 at 4:14 pm -      #1058

E.U for Star Wars before Endor still remains, be glad for it.

59. Jake_Uzumaki August 17, 2014 at 4:20 pm -      #1059

all EU was trashed. Abeloth herself was canon to the EU however is now noncanon, but Father Son and Daughter who were all a part of her backstory are still canon as is Anikan becoming essentially a force god.
    only the movies and cg series are canon now

60. Ranger Lowk August 17, 2014 at 4:29 pm -      #1060

“as is Anikan becoming essentially a force god.”
    Good to know that all you would need to beat a force god is to have the high ground.

61. Jake_Uzumaki August 17, 2014 at 4:33 pm -      #1061

@Lowk
    I didn’t say it was reasonable did I? Jedi in general getting such a massive nerf with Anakin decidedly getting the reverse is why I laugh when people talk about so much of the power of Jedi and Sith in the EU being nonsense because now it’s a wonder how Obi-Wan had any kind of chance in hell against Anakin in that duel.

62. Ranger Lowk August 17, 2014 at 4:42 pm -      #1062

“because now it’s a wonder how Obi-Wan had any kind of chance in hell against Anakin in that duel.”
    Or maybe experience beats raw power and Ani didn’t really have that much control over it.
    There’s also the possibility he only had that kind of power on the planet they were on due to it’s connection in the force.
    Personally the chosen beard option seems the most legit to me.

63. Jake_Uzumaki August 17, 2014 at 4:50 pm -      #1063

I would think the experience thing would be the most likely….though Ani was far from inexperienced by that point in time.

64. Ninja Xtreme August 17, 2014 at 7:21 pm -      #1064

So Dark Trooper wins, and a Space Marine dies? What other Armored Badasses can beat a Space Marine?

65. Kara Zor-El August 17, 2014 at 7:40 pm -      #1065

“I theorize that when Ani went to the darkside, chosen one status temporarily went to Kenobi’s beard. It was then passed on to Luke when he found him.”
    _
    That… is possibly one of the greatest things, I have ever heard. Ewan grew one hell of an epic beard too.

66. OberHerr August 17, 2014 at 8:04 pm -      #1066

The beards alone saved the Prequels for me. Liam Neeson passed his epic beard on to his apprentice. Who rocked it like no ones business for the next, what, twenty plus years?
    “So I watched Phineas and Ferb Star Wars, and it was horrible. They should really stop milking Phineas and Ferb.”
    YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH! Phineas and Ferb are the MacGuyver of our generation, if MacGuyver could build a goddamn time machine, and create nanobots, and locate Frankenstein’s Brain.

67. Commander Cross August 17, 2014 at 8:11 pm -      #1067

@Ninja Xtreme at #1064

Barring Samus(too obvious) or MegaMan Classic or X(less obvious but still too much.), I’d have nominated Original!-Tenchi Masaki were it not for the fact It’s far too mean of me to mention and even mentioning his name’s rather mean.

Nothing from Red vs Blue at the moment unless they got Scarab Guns or anything on that level or above at the moment.

Anything Highly-Armed from Fallout?

Finding nominations may take a while, even longer if we don’t get supernatural candidates taken.

MCU Iron Man Post-Movie #01 walks out after Iron Man 2, Current 616 Iron Man for suggesting’s just a jackass decision to go with unless you want Troll-purging, try to ease up on Overkill unless it’s necessary, okay?

I got more but I’d have to look them up.

___

Yes, McGregor did grow an Epic Beard and it befits Obi-Wan, but personally I’d chalk it up also to the fact Anakin wasn’t really Anakin anymore and he wasn’t Vader yet either, both the facts combined are the root reasons Obi-Wan walked out, really.

Also, I think Phineas and Ferb can be fought by Edd Double D from Ed Edd N Eddy without Double D being ripped a new ass or being outdone in terms of usefulness, whichever happens first.

68. Friendlysociopath August 17, 2014 at 9:55 pm -      #1068

“Sub-human retard, accept I’m right”
    Everyone else: “Dude, you’re wrong”
    “What other Armored Badasses can beat a Space Marine?”
    Well, I assume you’d want an equal match and not a stomp… let’s see…
    - Mech-guy from Metroid could be a fun idea
    - Raiden from Metal Gear, not quite an ‘armored’ badass but still might be fun
    - Big Daddy from Bioshock might be a neat debate
    - Someone already mentioned Master Chief I think
    - There’s always Commander Shepard

69. Commander Cross August 17, 2014 at 10:14 pm -      #1069

@FriendlySociopath on #1068

Post-ME2 Shepard’s odds depend heavily on his armory, gear and starting classes, not to mention all the other jazz that’s gotta be factored in.
    To say nothing of Specified SM Chapters for that matter, because that does make all the difference in the world as well.
    Bonus kudos on nominees if they have Dimension-Cutting Weaponry of some kind or another that’s Combat-focused at minimum.

70. Sauroposeidon August 17, 2014 at 10:20 pm -      #1070

….I was originally going to bitch at you guys for filling this debate with posts no one who’s interested in this match wants to read.
    Then I saw Samus get called Mech-Guy.
    Now I’m just here to yell at you, Friendly.

71. OberHerr August 17, 2014 at 11:22 pm -      #1071

“Mech-guy from Metroid could be a fun idea”
    Stomp for SAMUS!!!!! Or at least Mech-Girl dammit!
    “Raiden from Metal Gear, not quite an ‘armored’ badass but still might be fun”
    Stomp for Raiden.
    “Big Daddy from Bioshock might be a neat debate”
    Someone already mentioned Master Chief I think
    There’s always Commander Shepard”
    All of these are stomps for the SM, with the exception of maybe Shepard. But depends on what class, what biotics, etc. And even then, probably unlikely.

72. Darth Bombad August 17, 2014 at 11:27 pm -      #1072

Since i missed the last few discussions…
    Loosening the EU wasn’t that bad, alot of the stories were starting to
    contradict each other. The only parts i miss are the science
    of how things work. and the cultural stuff on the different races.
    As for Anakin, i always felt like a part of him wanted to loose.
    He was pretty torn and conflicted by the end, that or epic beard power!.
    @Friendlyscoiopath
    SPOILER ALERT!!!!………………Samus is a girl.

73. OberHerr August 17, 2014 at 11:29 pm -      #1073

“Holy shit, did you guys really spend a good 800 comments going back and forth to the lines of:
    “Sub-human retard, accept I’m right”
    Everyone else: “Dude, you’re wrong”
    Yes. It was pretty fun at the time, and makes for an entertaining read. Though in hindsight, I don’t know if we should consider Fisherking the troll. We were really the ones trolling him. :P
    “Loosening the EU wasn’t that bad, alot of the stories were starting to
    contradict each other. The only parts i miss are the science
    of how things work. and the cultural stuff on the different races.”
    On the contrary, I felt it needed to be tightened! But yeah to the science/culture stuff……(except for that 200 gigatons bullshi-*gets mauled*”

74. Ranger Lowk August 17, 2014 at 11:31 pm -      #1074

“And even then, probably unlikely.”
    Really I mean sure SM has the weaponry and durability advantage but don’t biotics and even some tech abilities have effects that can bypass armor.

75. OberHerr August 17, 2014 at 11:42 pm -      #1075

@Lowk
    The thing is, even if they can do that, I don’t know how many of them have feats to affect SM caliber armor. And even then, the SM is REALLY fast compared to people like Shep, even augmented ones. And with a weapons that fires rapid-fire, faster than bullet, AP, RPGs…..

76. Commander Cross August 17, 2014 at 11:46 pm -      #1076

@Ranger Lowk at #1074

I might hope that Post-M.E 2 Shepard can pull through if he has to fight a 40K Space Marine, but depending on the exact chapter picked and barring a Grey Knight or Custodes, I’ll work on bracing myself if Shepard don’t walk out alive.

@OberHerr at #1073

If you attend TV Tropes, Look up ‘The Godzilla Threshold’, I wounded up bypassing the Threshold more than I ever usually did for those two horrible years, up to 11 more notches and it escalated from there.

___

Also, are you sure those SM Gun calcs are in Hard Tonic Modern English And Bloody Consistent there?
    If they were consistent, why did the Phase 3 Dark Trooper went to strangle the Unspecified Marine to death with those Calcs, exactly?

Is it because they’re actually Consistently bad by all means?
    If Post-M.E 2 Shepard’s got anything
    good in his favor, I’d reckon that the calcs of his weaponry’s far more consistent and also top-notch with effectiveness.

@Darth Bombad at #1072

I say it’s both a part of Anakin wanted to lose, And THAT EPIC BEARD POWER that were major factors behind it by all means, myself.

@Everyone else

*Has half a mind to go say ‘Mech-guy from Metroid’ for the lols, Gangnam Style* :twisted:

77. Ranger Lowk August 18, 2014 at 12:29 am -      #1077

“I don’t know how many of them have feats to affect SM caliber armor.”
    Hence the reason I mention abilities that doesn’t rely on affecting armor.
    “And even then, the SM is REALLY fast compared to people like Shep, even augmented ones. And with a weapons that fires rapid-fire, faster than bullet, AP, RPGs…..”
    Last I heard there projectiles tend to be around the supersonic range.

78. OberHerr August 18, 2014 at 12:34 am -      #1078

79. Ranger Lowk August 18, 2014 at 12:49 am -      #1079

“I was talking about the tech stuff. And even biotics have to chew through armor.”
    Tech has something that attacks nervous system.
    And pretty sure unless it armor would only affect warp due to there being more it would have to eat through. And even then if it hit an un armored part it shouldn’t matter how much armor your wearing.
    There are attacks that can attack someone internally spawn miniture blackhole. Which armor shouldn’t do jack shit about.

80. OberHerr August 18, 2014 at 12:57 am -      #1080

Well, miniature “black holes” in ME, and actual mini-black holes are different. Though Warp protection is another thing I suppose. But they would probably be the best bet for Shep. As for the nervous system thing….thats my point. A SM’s body is so augmented and enhanced, they really can’t be compared to things like ME races in bodily strength. Which is why I’m not sure we should just assume things like that would work as well.
    Still though, the biggest problem for Shep, even with that stuff, is not getting pulped in time. Heck, even if the biotics did work, the SM might still be able to fire off enough shots to kill Shep. They don’t normally kill instantly from what I remember of ME.

81. Ranger Lowk August 18, 2014 at 2:52 am -      #1081

“Well, miniature “black holes” in ME, and actual mini-black holes are different.”
    Think it depends on where your at and how powerful the biotic is. It’s been shown that it can swallow people whole. And even though the game limits its visuals iirc dead enemies under singularity’s effect disappear.
    “As for the nervous system thing….thats my point. A SM’s body is so augmented and enhanced, they really can’t be compared to things like ME races in bodily strength.”
    They attack the nervous system with biotic fields, the same thing used to rip stuff like armor. Beside it works on synthetic’s system as well as Krogan who don’t have a nervous system like the everyone else does.
    Looking through the respect thread nothing in their augmentation seems like it would grant them
    “Still though, the biggest problem for Shep, even with that stuff, is not getting pulped in time. ”
    True.
    “They don’t normally kill instantly from what I remember of ME.”
    Well amusing Shep or a biotic did get a hit off in time singularity to the face or biotically attacking the brain seems like it be a one hit kill.
    There also things like biotic explosion. Which probably would’t be good for whoever has a biotic field attacking their insides.

82. Ninja Xtreme August 18, 2014 at 5:53 am -      #1082

@OberHerr
    Who cares? The Plot Armor in that show makes Batman want more. Where do they get the money for those inventions? They aren’t rich, considering their Dad is a antique expert.

83. pimpmage August 18, 2014 at 7:46 am -      #1083

“And I distinctly remember a feat that put them at something crazy like 1 mile per second timing. Could be wrong, but it wouldn’t surprise me.”

84. The Sony Girl August 18, 2014 at 7:53 am -      #1084

Did you guys watch the new Death Battle? m.youtube.com/watch?v=iMOl-amah8w
    It’s so awesome!

85. Friendlysociopath August 18, 2014 at 9:31 am -      #1085

“Then I saw Samus get called Mech-Guy.
    Now I’m just here to yell at you, Friendly.”
    Right, to save my dignity, I meant this guy
    metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Ghor
    Ghor

86. Parry Boy August 18, 2014 at 3:47 pm -      #1086

@Sony
    FINALY!
    Been waiting for 2 months!

87. Darth Bombad August 18, 2014 at 6:19 pm -      #1087

@Sony and Parry
    Should we debate Godzila and Gamora?, might be fun.

88. Commander Cross August 18, 2014 at 7:38 pm -      #1088

@Darth Bombad at #1087

Godzilla(no matter what version worth his salt you go with) has Firepower and Durability on his side, Gamera has Mobility and Reality-Warping, if this is to the death and Gamera has to kill Godzilla, Gamera must do so quickly because the longer Godzilla lives, the less likely Gamera is to walk out alive by all means.

It’s not the first time I heard of that kind of fight at all nor will it be the last one, really.

___

Also, if an Angry Marine were opted to fight a Phase 3 Dark Trooper, can I say ‘Mutually Assured Destruction’ at work there?

89. Neon Lord August 18, 2014 at 10:14 pm -      #1089

“Heh, I found better feats for a mere human in the 40k verse a few weeks ago. And it is pretty consistant. I have quotes for two seperate occasions; inquisitor eisenhorn deflecting lasgun shots. It mentions him recieving autogun/lasgun fire and deflecting incoming shots. He also deflects point blank autogun shots inside a train compartment too.”
    Dan Abnett tends to write OTT.

90. OberHerr August 18, 2014 at 10:36 pm -      #1090

@Neon Lord

91. Commander Cross August 18, 2014 at 11:07 pm -      #1091

@OberHerr at #1090

Except for the Space Marine calcs in general unless we be talking Grey Knights or Adeptus Custodes as far as consistency’s concerned.

Generally speaking at least.

92. pimpmage August 18, 2014 at 11:16 pm -      #1092

I have literally seen nothing special for grey knights or custodes. There are several occasion during the HH series where a world eater sergeant or a world bearer solos a custodes. (that world eater also promised to show the custodes his own spine. Which he did by punching through the custodes chest and tearing it out.) As for grey knights, they only advantage that they would have is magic resistances with power weapons and a combi bolter. They may be psykers, but the entirety of their psychic powers are 100% used in self defense. The only offensive use of their abilities that I have read are (a squad of GK’s) projecting their defenses outwards to affect targets farther away.
    Grey knights and custodes are not that much different from standard space marines.

93. Ellie Williams August 18, 2014 at 11:25 pm -      #1093

OberHerr, no one gets to insult Xander but me. No one. Anyway, I just read that the Troopers after the Clone Wars weren’t cloned using Jango Fett’s DNA anymore. Is this true? And if so, who’s DNA did they use?

94. OberHerr August 18, 2014 at 11:34 pm -      #1094

Custodes are suppose to be to SM what SM are to humans. And Grey Knights are just better equipped, have more training, and are all psykers.
    Regardless of feats, we know from fluff they HAVE to better than standard SM. Custodes are also trained to fight individually I believe too, if it matters.

95. Commander Cross August 18, 2014 at 11:35 pm -      #1095

@Pimpmage at #1092

Except they got it far less bad than the other chapters.

@OberHerr at #1093

Exactly the Point about matters, hence why among other things, the calc scrutiny’s far more forgiving and receptions are more positive in terms of combative prowess.
    I’d go on, but aside from more consistent high-end enemies in numbers and variants, and having above-average Terminator Armor designs and modifications, I’m not in the mood to elaborate further right now.

96. pimpmage August 18, 2014 at 11:40 pm -      #1096

“The WE Sarge or a Word Bearer most likely were around with their primarchs at immediate vicinity in that case.”
    That World eater just broke out of a prison meant to hold space marines. He didn’t even have any armor on. As for the world bearer, he was with a kill team to retrieve a human chick off a planet. No primarchs around in either scenerio.

97. OberHerr August 18, 2014 at 11:47 pm -      #1097

Was he a named character? Because we all know in WH40k named characters can do stuff they have no business doing….*cough* Captain Titus*cough*.

98. pimpmage August 18, 2014 at 11:54 pm -      #1098

He had a name, but he was a supporting character. Along with like 7 other space marines that escaped.

99. OberHerr August 19, 2014 at 12:07 am -      #1099

Xarl is a supporting character in the Nightstalker series. Doesn’t stop him from being one of the most badass SM ever.
    Basically my point is, yeah, they do get killed by SM. Even under unlikely circumstances. But they, if we are honestly comparing them, are superior.

100. Neon Lord August 19, 2014 at 2:33 am -      #1100

“@Neon Lord
    As opposed to the rest of 40k writing, which is very grounded and strictly honors physics and reason.”
    Abnett takes it out more so. Although I think Eisenhorn was enhanced someway as an Inquisitor.

« Previous 1 9 10 11 12