Master Chief vs Samus

Master Chief vs Samus

Many requests for this one. I have to admit that I’ve played more Metroid than Halo since I am an old fart, so I am inclined to lean towards Samus. As with any Hero, they all have intangibles that help them overcome seemingly daunting tasks. With that being said, MC has accomplished more in his “career” than Samus has, but this is a head-to-head battle of weaponry and skill…So, I think it’s be very close, the one thing that MC always comes away with – Luck – gets him the win…

Master Chief:

• Various weapon skills
  • Cool Armor
  • Decent Vehicles
  • Lone Wolf Mentality
  • Has shields to re-generate

Samus:

• Cybernetic Power Suit
  • Space Jump Boots
  • Screw Attack
  • Form fitting Zero Suit
  • Numerous modifications to her weapons

Ok, Metroid fans, how can Samus pull this one off?

« Previous 1 3 4 5

497 Comments on "Master Chief vs Samus"

1. Stone August 2, 2010 at 1:03 pm -      #401

whats more fair is ghost from the Prototype ep of Halolegends vs samus

2. Stone August 2, 2010 at 1:04 pm -      #402

crap I started a new page oh well

3. KatOnHat August 21, 2010 at 8:10 pm -      #403

So if Samus is the most powerful thing in the universe of anything fiction. Why do they keep making games of her? If she can do anything and kill anything, I dont wanna play the games if i have GOD mode on all the time. Or is she toned down for game play so you dont blow the planet up by looking down?

4. The Guy Who is Actually Intelligent September 2, 2010 at 9:27 am -      #404

@KatOnHat:
    I think you misinterpreted the argument. But whatevs. If it makes you feel better than yeah, she’s overpowered, and no, we have not stated anything that hasn’t been demonstrated in game.

5. KatOnHat September 7, 2010 at 10:00 am -      #405

6. orber September 7, 2010 at 10:31 am -      #406

*So if Samus is the most powerful thing in the universe of anything fiction*

If you mean all the fiction currently in exsistance there are easily plenty of things that stomp Samus.

If you talk about the metroidverse alone she is pretty powerfull but not THE most powerfull thing.Motherbrain the omega metroid and if you take way all the plot then Darksamus are all stronger then Samus.

7. idiotscampaigninc September 7, 2010 at 10:40 am -      #407

“Just wanted to confirm that she is this powerful. What scares me is that there are still things in the game that can kill her.”

most of that is Game mechanics.
    take the Hulk for example, we know that he is almost invincible and yet if the Hulk was in a video game he’d be hurt by conventional weaponry.

it’s because if he was invincible to everything in the game, it would be a really shit game.

8. KatOnHat September 7, 2010 at 10:21 pm -      #408

Thanks, that makes sense.

Are there any Sci-fi characters at all (Besides Star Wars people) that have a chance of taking her on outside of her game series?

9. OriginalA September 7, 2010 at 11:38 pm -      #409

WarHammer 40K characters, but they tend to kill most anything outside of their own universe. I think Kos-Mos could. A few Megamen characters stand a pretty good chance or down right stomp her (time powers for the lulz-win). Ratchet and Jak might possibly stand a chance if they don’t get obliterated from well beyond their effective ranges, or just road-killed by Samus’s supersonic running speed.

Samus is pretty high up there on the pure tech side of the skill tree. Not many, that I can think of at least, can stand toe to toe with her using only technology and actually live. It usually takes some magical force to beat her in a fight.

She is far from the most powerful Sci-Fi character though. Right off the top of my head I would say that goes to Kharn, but I’m probably wrong too.

10. Laharl September 7, 2010 at 11:44 pm -      #410

“using only technology” Should I bring my galaxy busting ship?

11. OriginalA September 8, 2010 at 12:12 am -      #411

I was thinking in single person combat. With vehicals, well, Samus quickly starts to become less of a threat.

12. KatOnHat September 8, 2010 at 1:00 am -      #412

40K. That was a big one I forgot about. Never heard of Kharm before.

That what I was wondering. I wanted to know who would be a good fight for her. Not with force powers or time powers (however, they do stomp). Just tech on tech. But I just can’t think of a good fight for her.

13. orber September 9, 2010 at 5:28 am -      #413

*I almost want to say she seems like the apex of a fighter who doesn’t poses magical powers.*

Ah I see and I gotta say you are right.If its technology only then Samus proberly ends up being high tier if not top tier.Can’t really think of a character who can easily go toe to toe with Samus.

I once wanted to suggest Jenosa Arma (from scurge hive) against Samus.Both are bounty hunters and Jenosa got the tools to respond to Samus her mach speeds and jumping abilities aswell.thet also have compareble skill since Jenosa fought against the scurge which is even worse and more potent then the X from Fusion.The reason why I never suggested it is simply because we do not have a single occasion in scurge hive where we have info of the power of the weaponry of that universe.For all we might now it might also be in the terrawatt but it can also be in the kilowatt range making it a stomp for Samus.

14. Lowk October 25, 2010 at 2:57 pm -      #414

Whats with the picture of Samus? It’s so… carefree & non-threatening.

15. theobserver October 25, 2010 at 3:10 pm -      #415

@ Lowk

I’m pretty sure admin switched her picture after she won the award. I find it fitting with the logo actually.

16. bluefireXD October 26, 2010 at 9:11 am -      #416

My thing that gets is that Mc’s picture looks like he just noticed Samus in that position…
    @Stone
    Samus could just mug him * Gimme your cash or ill cap, no, black hole yo ass*

You know when people joke about fanboys, and we say crap like “MC WNS WITH SPLAZZOR!!!!1!!! HE WOULD F&CK SAMUS!!!” and we all think its ridiculous? Get to the first and second page of this debate… it will make you sh!t-bricks

17. The Guy Who is Actually Intelligent November 11, 2010 at 12:08 am -      #417

Yeah, your right. I watched it all. Didn’t participate, but I was there.
    Halo fanboys are soooo serious about their “manly” hero, that they don’t even want to see facts.

18. The Guy Who is Actually Intelligent November 11, 2010 at 12:11 am -      #418

sorry for the double post, but my email was typed in wrong. had to fix that.

19. The Guy Who is Actually Intelligent November 11, 2010 at 12:24 am -      #419

*sigh*
    Basically, what I’m trying so say is, yes I agree. Halo fanboys can be ridiculous.

20. Mouthal November 11, 2010 at 12:36 pm -      #420

another possible character could be edward cullin ….. just kidding :)

21. shadow2224990 November 21, 2010 at 9:55 pm -      #421

ok so many reasons that samus wins even without the armor she is better and stronger faster physicaly.

22. The Guy Who is Actually Intelligent November 24, 2010 at 1:38 pm -      #422

“well if we interpret the more modern iron man (robert downy jr.) then that might be a decent combatant. although we did notice from fusion that the only thing that could kill samus was sr-71 *the x infected samus parts* which you were directed to run from.
    another possible character could be edward cullin ….. just kidding
    and a question to halo fan boys: is master chief in an endless time-loop because it looked like at the end of halo three that he was on Reach?”

Even worse, Edward Cullen’s army of rabid fangirls!!!! You cannot defeat them.
    At the end of Halo 3 he was over an unidentified forerunner planet. That’s all we know.

23. Lexinator December 10, 2010 at 12:30 am -      #423

Hello there fellow gamers, first to get it out of the way, I love halo, it’s great. but I’m trying to avoid a one sided post. So Metroid and Halo do not take place in the same universe, and the have very few- if any common factors. OK so what do they have in common… plasma? no they could be different power levels, Shields? no they could have different resistance qualities. I have determined that physical impact is the only thing that really is the only thing in both characters games. so I have played metroid (the newer ones) and I noticed, that there are these wasps and they chase you around and sting you, now that wouldn’t be so bad, but I noticed that they didn’t do that much less damage to your shields than the space pirates guns! so that leaves me to wonder, are these wasps strong enough to equal the powerful of a futuristic space plasma gun? Or are these guns not as powerful as they are given credit for ( my bet is the guns aren’t as powerful) so if a REALLY big wasp does 20 damage (this is theoretical) to your shields and the space pirates guns do 35 damage does that mean the the heat and energy of the plasma is only as damaging as the force the wasp uses to sting you?(and they aren’t poisoning you, because they are only hitting you shields) so if the wasp has 20 damage worth of power, how much power does an assault rifle from 550 years in the future have, because i can garuntee you it’s way more than a wasp. now for the second aspect, can samuses weapons destroy the chief in a milisecond, perhaps, if he just stood their and watched it come at him and didn’t do anything to dodge it, but i hope you all know, that in the beggening of halo 3, the chief survived falling from space and crash landing on a planet, no protection but the suit. and he survived, because of armor lock, so between armor lock, and his tactical training his enhanced body functions and sheer fire power. the chief wouldn’t be such an easy opponent, and don’t count out grenades and rockets and covenant weapons. And if anyone gives me the ive seen some people that say samus’s suit could override chief’s suit, cortana, thats the end of it she could figure out ancient technology never seen before in a few hours she’s powerful enough to hold off samus’s suit. and as far as physical strength, hand to hand-wise, chief wins he can flip a tank, and outrun a missle (thats from the book) and also as a final note, the parasites in metroid that attach to your face, they suck, do a bunch of damage, and are hard to get rid of, what if every little flood poppers that jumped at you face in halo, what if they are equivalent that means chief is WAY better than samus, then again, maybe they have met their matches, so they team up and destroy everything.

Just something to put some thought into.

24. greenlink94 December 10, 2010 at 4:16 pm -      #424

have you even read this thread

25. Envoy December 10, 2010 at 4:42 pm -      #425

Metroids vs Flood?
    I’ll bet on the space jellyfish thx.

26. JoshMcFace December 10, 2010 at 4:47 pm -      #426

Wow, you covered almost every argued-to-death, cliched, hyperbole Halo argument in one post.

Congrats.

27. bluefreXD December 31, 2010 at 10:17 am -      #427

@ JoshMcFace

And true newcomer style, in one massive, long-winded paragraph to boot

@ Lexinator

If you want your questions answered, read from the third page onwards

28. John Smith December 31, 2010 at 11:50 am -      #428

@Lexinator
    Man oh man, I don’t even know where to begin on this. I feel like a kid in a candy store. For the heck of it, i’ll argue with what I can remember off the top of my head, even though this whole debate has been done with for ages now.

“wasps strong enough to equal the powerful of a futuristic space plasma gun”
    Well, here’s a thinker. There’s little that makes Samus stagger back. Missles don’t do that. But these bugs do. One might think that said wasps are hitting her with more force than that of a missle.
    And I think they’re hornets. Which may be worse. I’ve yet to truly see the difference.

“plasma? no they could be different power levels”
    IT’S OVER 9000! Okay, sorry. Anyways…
    Samus can charge her shots, I’d think it’d be a safe bet to say that gets even stronger than whatever you’re thinking of, not to mention the fact she doesn’t need ammo for it. If you don’t even want to take that for an answer, then just have her shoot multi-terrawatt beams at him. A single terrawatt can keep the Earth powered for 45 days, I believe. And she’s not running out of that anytime soon.
    Or what about, supercooled plasma, near absolute zero. Freeze him in his place. The Nova Beam, which goes through solid objects, say, his brain? Heart? A Dark Burst, which would send him into a dark dimension, where he’d be met with oblivion? Then again, shooting straight out lightning may be good for a change.
    You get the idea, don’t you? And just to toss this out there, it takes multi-terrawatts to open simple DOORS in Metroid. Her plasma can also open doors. Now what does that say? And these are just the beams she can use. Not even the different missles, which she can reload just by thinking it, seen in Other M.

“the chief survived falling from space and crash landing on a planet, no protection but the suit”
    Samus takes no fall damage in the games. In the 2-D games, you can have Samus jump up to the sky and fall back down like nothing happened. Now, this may just be the game mechanic, but she’s trained under, iirc, 865x gravity that of Earth. She’s jumped off large cliffs, without her suit, during her childhood, under this same gravity, landed on her feet, and sprang off right after. Seeing how that didn’t remotely faze her, I’m sure as an adult, the limits are much higher than that.

“tactical training his enhanced body functions and sheer fire power”
    Samus has been in the Galactic Federation, so one can assume she’s had such training as well, as evidenced by Other M. She also has enhanced body functions as well, which is the reason why she was able to survive on Zebes. As for fire power, Chief can run out, and has to aim as well, as opposed to Samus, who never runs out, can lock-on, and spam whatever beam she feels like using.
    Not to mention, she’s saved planets single-handedly, as opposed to the Chief, who needs his men to help out. Samus is a one woman army ready to declare war.

“cortana, thats the end of it she could figure out ancient technology never seen before in a few hours she’s powerful enough to hold off samus’s suit”
    Well, if it took her hours to decipher ancient tech as opposed to having to fend off ancient tech in what might be seconds, as Samus’ suit can hack so easily into foreign technology that you don’t even realize she’s hacking, one might wonder how that would turn out. The Chozo really pulled no stops on this suit.
    Cortana would have to resist hacking from an unknown race that could take over in mere seconds if she’s not anticipating it, as opposed to Samus, who has no trouble hacking alien information. My memory on Halo is lacking, but if the tech would be simliar to Earth-level, then it would be even simpler for Samus.
    Of couse, I’m just pointing out the inbalance here. We don’t really know how this situation would go down for sure.

“physical strength, hand to hand-wise, chief wins he can flip a tank, and outrun a missle”
    Now, I said I can’t remember so well, but I believe the suit enhances his power. Okay, I forgot where I was going with this, but Samus can hold open the mouth of a space dragon that can tear through starships like a hot knife through butter with ONE hand. Not to mention the previous 865x gravity she’s used to, which would probably make flipping a tank as hard as turning over a sheet of paper.
    As for outrunning a missle, well… Samus can take several missle to the face and not budge an inch. And that’s not including the fact she can run somewhere from mach 1-5, not to mention dodging things that move at super sonic speeds on occasion within the games.

“what if every little flood poppers that jumped at you face in halo”
    Lay a power bomb. Drink a beverage of your choice. Move on.
    Out of power bombs? Screw Attack everything that moves.

In conclusion, Master Chief kicks butt, Samus Aran kicks more butt, and you are reading this sentence to yourself. Probably in your head. Stop talking to yourself. It’s creepy. You’re scaring the children.

P.S.
    Please use that button ENTER more often. I kept losing my spot. And capitalize your letters accoringly, if you do not mind. It makes it look pretty.
    If there are any flaws in my counter argument, please argue against mine, though I have stated I was rusty on my Halo knowledge.

29. Haruhi Suzumiya January 5, 2011 at 5:06 pm -      #429

@John Smith
    We all know who the better Chief is in the first place!

30. man April 4, 2011 at 11:57 am -      #430

I found this on the Internet today, I wonder if anyone found it first? You will never believe the ending.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL-mR79GErU

Can this be posted again on the Recap?

31. Darius April 6, 2011 at 9:43 am -      #431

32. Lowk April 8, 2011 at 9:36 am -      #432

“Hmm, I can’t decide which would win. I think their fight would be drawn out for a long while.”

Samus already won. Iirc it’s due to her being faster, better armored, and better armed.

33. Darius April 8, 2011 at 10:36 am -      #433

34. theobserver April 8, 2011 at 10:43 am -      #434

“She hasn’t won, because their fight hasn’t happened yet, and probably never will. Until their fight actually happens, the debate still is, and probably always will be, open.”

Not really =/

You don’t need a media source to dictate who wins. Besides, even if it were to happen in a movie or something of that sort, it would be insanely riddled with plot shielding that will make it go either way. Here we compared the two based on their weaponry, their skills, durability, etc. without the hindrance that is plot shielding, character/plot induced stupidity and other things. Samus won on all categories therefore if all the canon facts were used for the two, Samus would undoubtedly win, and she did for this match. That’s how the site works. Some of these characters come from media that are so far apart from each other that it’s highly unlikely that they will ever be portrayed on the same field in a media source. In order to alleviate that, we compare their strengths, weaknesses, tactics and decide a victor from there using (for the most part anyway) FACTS from their respective sources.

35. Darius April 8, 2011 at 11:40 am -      #435

theobserver, does that mean the debate isn’t open anymore? If so, further comments like mine should not be allowed. The comparison of their advantages and disadvantages can only get us so far. I didn’t say that they need to meet in combat with any kind of plot or story. It could simply be a fight for the sake of our entertainment, analysis, study, and so on. And I know it’s extremely unlikely that they’ll ever fight, or even meet eachother. I don’t have any problems with the wait for what may never come. So, until they actually fight, the debate is still open. And until their fight happens, I hold to my first statement that I can’t decide which would win, but their fight would be quite long, most likely.

36. theobserver April 8, 2011 at 12:47 pm -      #436

“does that mean the debate isn’t open anymore?”

I’m not saying that it’s no longer up for debate, but if you are able to find information that would toss the match to John’s favor, then I highly encourage you to do so. This thread has been over for quite some time now, after it has been decided that with all of Samus’ advantages, John wouldn’t stand much of a chance. Of course any new bit of information would be helpful and could theoretically change the odds for any character that is being debated upon.

“I hold to my first statement that I can’t decide which would win, but their fight would be quite long, most likely.”

Fair enough, though if you wish to know how the consensus of Samus’ victory came about, I suggest that you read from page 3 onwards. This is because the first 3 pages were an abominable collection of posts from different trolls merely saying “MC wins because of the splazor!” without any evidence to back it up and then immediately leaving never to return. On the Samus side of the debate, we had figures from the games and developers that made her weapons on the multi-terawatt level, that her equipment greatly makes Chief’s a non-factor, and that she can normally function in an environment with 850.5 times Earth’s gravity, run supersonic amongst other bonuses that John doesn’t have. Based on the conclusions drawn from this debate, the fight won’t last very long. In fact there’s reason to believe that Chief won’t last more than a few shots from Samus’ stacked beam, rapid fire missiles, power bombs, etc.

All in all, it becomes a no-brainer once their respective feats and equipment are compared. I believe a more fun debate involving the two along with two other well-known bounty hunters is this one:

factpile.com/bounty-master-chief-vs-samus-aran-boba-fett-durge/

I just find it unfortunate that it doesn’t get as much attention but that one actually puts Chief at a relative advantage against superior opponents if only due to the elaborate scenario.

37. Darius April 8, 2011 at 4:22 pm -      #437

theobserver, I didn’t say that John would win, and I’m fully aware of Samus’ advantages and disadvantages, as well as John’s. I agree with you that many “defenders of Halo” are extremely ridiculous. All they do is damage Halo’s reputation. All I mean to state, and will continue to state, until their fight happens, is that I’m unable to decide which would win, and that I expect, if they ever did fight, it would last for a long while. I didn’t say John would win, or Samus. I don’t know. Until I see them fight eachother, and I probably never will, I shall hold to my statements. As for the thread, if it is over, then the ability to comment on it should be disabled. Since it isn’t, I think it’s still open. And I will check out the debate you have linked in your post. Thank you.

38. OriginalA April 8, 2011 at 5:18 pm -      #438

New evidence can be brought forth and judgement appealed. Currently, however, the evidence that is available was presented and the judgement was that if the two should fight Samus would most likely be the victor, hence the BankGambling award and her title as the victor.

I am curious as to why you think it would be a long battle should they fight though. Samus possess speed that is orders of magnitude greater than John’s own and her firepower is again orders of magnitude greater than needed to kill him. Simply SpeedBoosting near him at a speed faster than he can defend against and dropping a Power Bomb would end the fight in short order, and that would only take about ten seconds at most (factoring in the time it takes for Samus to find John and get that very small running start and ignoring the difference in gravity that they usually work in).

39. the_man_with The_Answers April 8, 2011 at 7:27 pm -      #439

40. Lowk April 8, 2011 at 9:07 pm -      #440

“343 W1LLz /\/\aKe H@l0 4 @Nd T3h /\/\@5T3r Ch13F w!LlZ h@V3 f0rRunN3r @arm0Rz @nD 5pl@zor 5@mus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

To many @, not enough exclamation points.

41. the_man_with The_Answers April 8, 2011 at 9:10 pm -      #441

Sorry, I’ll try to work on my fanboyish on my free time…….

42. Dryn April 8, 2011 at 9:53 pm -      #442

So, guys, I have been thinking about making a respect thread for Samus. I can think of only two strength feats that Samus has. Yes, we know that she has the 86 short ton strength already without the Power Suit, but I think people may have skipped past the gear in the Powerworks at SkyTown, Elysia. I checked before acquiring the Spider Ball the diameter of this gear, and the thickness.

Samus is 1 meter diameter while in the Morph Ball. That’s 3 ft., or 3.28 if you want to be technical. The gear is that thick. It is also three Morph Balls in diameter. That’s 10 ft. I’ve been trying to figure out how heavy this gear, which Samus tosses up in the air with the flick of her wrist, would be. Now, we don’t know what kind of alloy it is, but brass is used in steampunk, and SkyTown has the steampunk scenery going on.

Does anyone know any good sources to get an idea of how heavy this gear is? I’ve tried finding out the weight of brass based on a circle form, and a friend of mine who takes welding and machining, had his instructor give him the numbers for this. The numbers were pretty outrageous and went beyond 86 tons. I’ve yet to see this myself, but yeah. I’ve gotten at least the 200 short ton range, but I want to be certain.

Also, the Vorash battle is a good Samus feat. I’d say Vorash is at least over 40 tons. Here is my argument.

“In the Metroid: Other M image gallery, the image of Vorash has Samus also present. If you take the height of Samus, which is 6’3”, and you stack Samus’ height, Vorash is about 12’6”. In length, it’s about 49’6”. In-game, Vorash appears to be a bit larger. The heaviest whale shark was 79,000, or 39.5 short tons, or 40 short tons if rounded. Although there is no way to determine Vorash’s actual weight, we may use real life comparisons to get an idea. The size of Vorash, its dorsal fins, its rocky exterior, with the added resistance to Samus’ pulls, and the fact that it is dwelling in a highly viscous substance, Vorash may well be over 40 tons.”

I compare Vorash to a whale shark because when I went to compare it to a great white, the great white wasn’t even close to being the height and length of Vorash. If you all want to get an idea of Vorash’s size, check these three links below.

images.wikia.com/metroid/images/3/38/Blast_Furnace_Observation_Vorash_Samus_Jaws_Pyrosphere_HD.jpg

images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110217175944/metroid/images/7/73/Vorash_attack_lava_lake_Pyrosphere_HD.jpg

images.wikia.com/metroid/images/a/ad/Vorash.jpg

43. OriginalA April 8, 2011 at 10:15 pm -      #443

“I’ve been trying to figure out how heavy this gear, which Samus tosses up in the air with the flick of her wrist, would be.”

Further more there is this calculation for the Morphball:
    conglometroid.com/magazine/articles/the-size-of-the-morphball/
    which puts it around 75 cm in diameter. So your size reference is off.

A good attempt though.

44. Dryn April 8, 2011 at 10:26 pm -      #444

@ OriginalA:
    “We don’t the gravity on Elysium so it is impossible to determine weight. This makes the feat mostly useless.”

Argh! How disappointing. It doesn’t matter, though. We know Earth’s gravity. :D

“Also if you want to be technical, Samus is less than one meter in diameter while in morph ball form because it is specified that the holes were a meter in diameter and we can clearly see that there is some room above the morphball while in one of these tunnels. If the Morphball was exactly 1 meter in diameter it would be perfectly flush with the tunnel or possibly not move fit inside at all.”

I was just balling it. I really don’t see a significant change, though. :/

“Not only that but 1 meter is 3.28 ft, not 3 ft. So your math is just plain wrong.”

I said, “If you want to be technical,” and put 3.28. I was rounding it, or is rounding not allowed?

45. OriginalA April 8, 2011 at 10:51 pm -      #445

The more precise the calculation the better.

When rounding alters the overall result by as much as 25% I would say that rounding is signification inaccurate and should not be used. It is, of course, your choice, but the more precise your calculation is the harder it is to refute the evidence.

If someone else does the same calculation as you and comes out with a different result because they didn’t round how do you think they will judge any other calculations you post?

46. Dryn April 8, 2011 at 11:13 pm -      #446

@ OriginalA:

“The more precise the calculation the better.

I guess I was nitpicking a little bit, but I figure that if your going to both with calculating it in the first place you might as well be as accurate as possible.”

My apologies for not responding sooner. The Internet here doesn’t seem to be giving me good loading.

Anyway, I see your point. I just never been a decimal fan. When I see something like “865.5 g,” I just want to round it to 866 g. Haha! But yeah.

Also, I was thinking about what I said with the gear thing. You said we don’t know Elysia’s gravity, so it makes the gear feat moot. However, I don’t think something like this should be dismissed. We don’t know the gravity for Mushroom World for Mario, or the gravity of Hyrule, and yet when we compare these things to Earth, we come up with amazing feats for these characters.

I can’t say that the gear feat is accurate, but I think it should be given consideration. If we don’t know the exact gravity for Elysia, I think it would at least be safe to say it does fall in a “trillion teraton” range, considering that the planets found in the Observatory were all within the trillion teraton range. So yeah.

Anyway, I’m out for the night. I’ll have better Internet access tomorrow and this week when I return home! :D New Super Mario Bros. Wii, here I come!

47. OriginalA April 8, 2011 at 11:37 pm -      #447

“We don’t know the gravity for Mushroom World for Mario, or the gravity of Hyrule, and yet when we compare these things to Earth, we come up with amazing feats for these characters.”

“If we don’t know the exact gravity for Elysia, I think it would at least be safe to say it does fall in a “trillion teraton” range, considering that the planets found in the Observatory were all within the trillion teraton range. So yeah.”

Additionally you are talking about a huge difference in results for your calculation, and you would be basing it totally on a variable that is, by lack of information, unknowable. I’m not talking about a small change like the difference between 0.95 meters and 1 meter. I’m talking like the difference between 200 short tons and 20,000 short tons. That is an extroidinary claim and it would require extroidinary evidence to back up, and the very nature of the assumption that Elysia is in the same mass/size ratio range as Zebes you would be unable to back that claim up. Which would, again, subvert the validity of your claim and by virtue of the poisoning well fallacy any claims you may make in the future.

Stuff like this is worth the effort to realize when it is either perfectly accurate, purposely underestimated, or completely unquantifiable. In this case the best you could hope for is purposely underestimated by calculating the gravity based on how fast Samus falls (although that is dubious as she has a fall speed that disagrees with known gravity anyways).

Delayed or late replies happen (such as this one) when messaging in a forum structure. BankGambling is being wonky with me too.

48. Dryn April 9, 2011 at 6:11 pm -      #448

@ OriginalA:
    “True we don’t have a gravity for those planets, but those have base line humans which don’t do too well beyond single digit gravities.”

And how would you know? I wasn’t aware baseline humans could lift 2 ton objects.

“I strongly disagree as we know that Metroidverse “humans” are more or less fine for at least a few hours between 1 to 800 gravities, and the planets the “humans” are found on are equally diverse with their gravity fields. If anything we should assume 1 g until proven otherwise if only because it is a known baseline for math.”

So, if you are going to assume that Elysia is 1 g, and we can come up with a calculation for that gear, then I fail to see what the problem is.

“Also said observatory could spot Phaaze, which is extragalactic by some incalculable but equally insane distance. I can say, which exactly that validity as you, that because Earth is within its range of vision we should assume it is a 1 g planet.”

You’re talking about a different observatory. I am talking about the location called “Observatory” in Metroid Prime. All of the planets in MP were in the “trillion teraton” range.

“I’m talking like the difference between 200 short tons and 20,000 short tons. That is an extroidinary claim and it would require extroidinary evidence to back up, and the very nature of the assumption that Elysia is in the same mass/size ratio range as Zebes you would be unable to back that claim up. Which would, again, subvert the validity of your claim and by virtue of the poisoning well fallacy any claims you may make in the future.”

Well, if we went with 1 g, we’d get that 200 ton. I also wasn’t proposing that Elysia is the same mass as Zebes, at least not the 4.8 trillion teraton. Rather, I was aiming just for the “trillion teraton.”

The funny thing about all of this is that I doubt Nintendo even had the idea of saying, “Hey, Samus lives on a planet with 865.5 g.”

49. Carmine September 20, 2011 at 2:17 pm -      #449

lawl Master Chief lost to a girl in a bikini XD XD XD

50. Man1cmanMario September 20, 2011 at 2:55 pm -      #450

“a girl in a bikini XD XD XD”

Depending on the game.

51. Commander Cross September 20, 2011 at 3:12 pm -      #451

@Carmine

You don’t say. :P

@Man1cmanMario

Word on that regard, although that said, barring Primarchs or Kaldar Draigo of the Grey Knights, she could even go head-to-head against most variations of the ‘Basic’ Space Marine from Warhammer 40K, and live.

52. Lowk September 20, 2011 at 3:26 pm -      #452

“lawl Master Chief lost to a girl in a bikini XD XD XD”

Well the bikini is probably power armor in disguise so it’s understandable.

53. Zolanius March 1, 2012 at 1:37 am -      #453

I noticed a theme… The halo fans are using grammar that would be considered drool from an unevolved monkey compared to the sparkling literature that is being delivered from Samus’ supporters.

Master Chief is using weapons and tech that would be used by an unevolved monkey compared to the sparkling firepower being delivered from Samus herself.

In short: Halo= Unevolved drooling monkey. Metroid= Awesome.

54. Lightning March 1, 2012 at 3:02 am -      #454

@Zolanius
    I love Halo, but I sure as hell am not a monkey. Asshole, take your judgemental opinion and shove it where the sun don’t shine.

55. Zolanius March 14, 2012 at 5:24 pm -      #455

I didn’t call you a monkey. I’m only making a comparison to some of the earliest comments. I mean, come on. Look at that mess!

People who type in all caps with swear words must really know what they’re talking about. /sarcasm

56. NEGATIVE-ZERO March 14, 2012 at 5:31 pm -      #456

Better yet, why necro an already decided match?

57. Listen to me June 5, 2012 at 8:30 am -      #457

I wish mc just hold samus and strip her and then bang the shit out of her :3

58. Mr. Man March 16, 2013 at 1:01 pm -      #458

I would give my opinion, but this argument kinda ended like 5 years ago.

59. Mr. Man March 16, 2013 at 1:18 pm -      #459

Well, maybe only 1 year, but who cares.

60. TheSorrow March 16, 2013 at 1:47 pm -      #460

61. DaMastaChief August 6, 2013 at 2:45 am -      #461

I don’t know if this is dead yet. I don’t freakin’ care.

I’m somewhat familiar with Cheif’s backstory, I’ve played the games, but haven’t read the books.

Same for Samus, Played the games, haven’t read the Mangas.

John started training at age 6, correct? He started augmentation at 15, I believe. He was made to be superhuman. His bones were strengthened, he became much stronger, faster, and more agile.

Samus was taken in by the Chozo (Which has been estabolished to be far more advanced than the forerunners, trust me, I was there when it happened.) when she was 3, and was infused with their blood. Putting her phisical abilities presumidly on par with Cheif’s.

Cheif was given some cool armor.

Samus was given far better armor.

Samus has more diverse weaponry, all stored into 1 gun.

Cheif can have two weapons at a time.

Samus beats the crap out of him and they proceed to have crazy hot mad sex on top of the Bottle ship while Gravemind and Motherbrain have a cup of tea.

62. Hermit August 6, 2013 at 5:52 am -      #462

“Your opinion will be duly noted. Samus already won, anything you say now will not amount to much.”
    However unlikely that would be.

63. The Sony Girl December 22, 2013 at 11:44 am -      #463

Samuel might be faster than Master Chief, her weapons don’t do any serious damage while Master Chief’s weapons can. Master Chief wins this because he has more experience and his close range weapons.

64. PrimusxPilus December 22, 2013 at 11:50 am -      #464

So much fail. SSOOO much fail. Try reading the thread and you’ll see why. Then read the MATCH NAME to see it’s Samus, not Samuel.

Also welcome.

65. The Sony Girl December 22, 2013 at 12:05 pm -      #465

Stupid spell check!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

66. PrimusxPilus December 22, 2013 at 12:07 pm -      #466

And the rest of your post? Why do you honestly think anything halo can fight Metroid? Let us educate you if you deign to not read this thread

67. The Sony Girl December 22, 2013 at 12:12 pm -      #467

It seems unnaturally biased at Samus.

68. PrimusxPilus December 22, 2013 at 12:26 pm -      #468

No. It’s FACTUALLY evident that Samus is just better in all aspects, up to and including killing other species. If you were a neutral third party and not biased you would see this. Nothing wrong with this as we all have bias towards certain franchises, including me. The trick is to put that side and see the facts.

The match was either an intentional spite match, or mc was severely overestimated/anus severely underestimated. Either way poor John

69. PrimusxPilus December 22, 2013 at 12:27 pm -      #469

Wow. AC fail.
    Aside*
    Samus*

70. The Sony Girl December 22, 2013 at 7:16 pm -      #470

I meant unnaturally braised against Saki’s. Stupid spell checker strikes again.

71. The Sony Girl December 22, 2013 at 7:24 pm -      #471

Samus not saki’. Stupid spell checker!

72. Alpha or Omega December 22, 2013 at 7:49 pm -      #472

Tell me, can Master Chief survive a low yield nuke?
    (About 8.81 kt of tnt?)
    The fact that Samus can survive hyper beam suggests she can survive weaker nuclear weapons such as the power bomb and the omega cannon.
    That and cutscenes also show her surviving enemies turning into energy in MP3 C
    That, and in her zero suit, she survived the crash and explosion of her scout ship.
    In her Zero Suit, she is more durable than Master Chief….

73. Alpha or Omega December 22, 2013 at 7:58 pm -      #473

Heck, you can even say activate the Halos and Samus would still be fine.
    This is all due to the fact that her shielding can block sub-atomic scale attacks like the shock-coil and the imperialist.

74. ZomBoonta Eve Classic December 22, 2013 at 8:15 pm -      #474

“Until Chief gets a new game/novel/whatever and the devs turn him into a super soldier capable of taking on Superman.”

343 Preyed upon people’s hope for a Dune game just to dash it, and for the first time ever at a Microsoft Press Conference cause a sigh of disappointment at the reveal of Master Chief. Plus Greg Bear still exists. It seems pretty fucking obvious to me that Master Chief WILL in fact be challenging the likes of Hulk and Human Torch at least eventually.

75. Xander XT December 22, 2013 at 8:23 pm -      #475

@The Sony Girl
    Master Chief has no chance at Samus. He could use everything in his aresenal and still not lose!

76. Xander XT December 22, 2013 at 8:25 pm -      #476

@The Sony Girl
    Master Chief has no chance at Samus. He could use everything in his aresenal and still not win

77. Alpha or Omega December 24, 2013 at 10:25 pm -      #477

I’ve successfully made the calc of how much energy is produced when people like Dark Samus or Omega Ridley turn into energy in an explosion.
    Energy=Mass*Speed of Light^2
    E=mc^2
    m=90 kg (Samus’s mass)
    c=299 792 458 m/s (speed of light)
    E=(90kg) (299 792 458 m / s)^2
    E=(90kg) (8.987551787368176*10^16 m^2/s^2)
    E=8.088796608631359*10^18 J
    Approximately
    1 J = 2.39005736*10^-10
    So,
    (8.088796608631359 *10^18 J) *0.000000000239005736 t of tnt / J
    =1933222389.46 t of tnt
    About 1.9 Gt of tnt
    I don’t know how much energy tanks would be taken out, but considering that Samus runs away from Dark Samus after the first battle when she could have three energy tanks at maximum suggest that it would over kill her. When she faces Mogenar, she can have at maximum five energy tanks and she must finish him with an energy tank used for hyper mode. So, she could have 4 energy tanks and a few left over when Mogenar turned into energy.
    However, she could have taken the explosion in hyper mode which greatly increases her durability if not make her invulnerable and maybe the PED suits could have healed her during the turning of energy.
    In conclusion, it would do a lot of damage to Samus(I don’t know how much because the cutscenes doesn’t show her energy), but I still don’t know if it would do a lot of damage to her with the Gravity suit and with the omega suit. It could possibly be equal to the hyper beam if not more. It’s a low end since we know that Mogenar, Helios, and Omega Ridley more than likely has more mass than Samus.
    Corrections to my calculations would be nice since this is my second time I made a mathematical calculation.

78. Alpha or Omega December 24, 2013 at 10:29 pm -      #478

*Approximately
    1 J = 2.39005736*10^-10 tons of tnt

79. DaMastaChief January 3, 2014 at 3:45 pm -      #479

Not sure if this is dead, but frankly, I don’t care.

Samus is on a complete different level than Chief. A single shot from her BASIC BEAM CAMNON has enough energy to power the entire Earth for a day. Outside of her suit, her punches carry the same force as a bullet, and she’s likely hyper-sonic. That’s not 45 mph, that’s somewhere around 7,000 mph. She’s also a proven lightning-timer. Chief is around a rocket timer, wich isn’t bad, but it’s nothing compared to Aran. So, even without her suit, Samus is stronger, faster, and more agile than a fully suited chief. To out it into perspective, she’s lo superhuman on a planet with 850g’s (most can’t even move in 5g’s) of force.

A lot of people seem to believe that her suit slows her down.

It doesn’t.

So add in the rediculous firepower, and this is, quite literally, a BackhandedROFLSplazerGrenadeSharknadoUberButtElectotrokineticTransientStateOfLvingGodLikeUnholyOmnipotentSpinningOverpoweredMorphballChristmasN00B007Over9000PowerCurbStomp In favor of Samus.

I’m a huge fan of both series, so I’m not biased. (Heck, I tried to defend the Haloverse against the SWVerse. OriginalA was there, but don’t ask him, cause no way he remembers a puny force like me (but we did have a heated battle over the efficiency of a storm tropper helmet vs that of an ODST helmet, which I lost so bad I stayed away from FP for months)

But back on topic, most of this info was taken from the Lara Croft vs ZSS thread (which was hilarious to read)

Well, if it already was, this thread can go back to being dead.

80. Glutinous-Bicarbonate January 3, 2014 at 4:17 pm -      #480

@Da
    Where can I find this Camnon? It sounds like a mighty weapon.

81. Aelfinn January 3, 2014 at 5:10 pm -      #481

Well, welcome back, DaMastaChief.

82. DragonRebornLotM January 3, 2014 at 5:38 pm -      #482

I have to admit, when I saw the name “DMastaChief” on a thread that already had an award and involved MC, I was expecting something more along the lines of, ‘Oh, plz. Dat blonde beeyotch cannot take teh Chief. He could jack into her suit with Cortana, den pop a cap in her ass. Or they could have a treesome. hehe’.
    I am glad to have been wrong. Nice to meet you @Da.

83. DaMastaChief January 3, 2014 at 10:48 pm -      #483

Aelfinn,, you say that as if you recognize me. I’ve been gone a long time. Could… Could you be the brave sould who helped show my tge ropes in Halo vs SW? The one where I got owned by OriginalA?

DragonRebornLotM, well, I love Halo to death, but I know the boundaries.

Glutiinous-Bicarbonate, it’s from Metroid Prime: Hunters. I can’t remember which.

84. Glutinous-Bicarbonate January 3, 2014 at 10:52 pm -      #484

I was joking about how you misspelled “Cannon” as “Camnon”, lol.

85. The Sony Girl February 2, 2014 at 9:43 am -      #485

If the weapons of Samus were so powerful, how come she can’t even a bug? :)

86. Aelfinn February 2, 2014 at 11:24 am -      #486

“Could… Could you be the brave sould who helped show my tge ropes in Halo vs SW?”

Maybe. This response is also a month too late, so you’ll probably never see it, but I’d have to look through that match.

“If the weapons of Samus were so powerful, how come she can’t even a bug?”

Anyone want to field this one?

87. Glutinous-Bicarbonate February 2, 2014 at 11:29 am -      #487

I assumed troll post.

88. DaMastaChief February 2, 2014 at 11:35 am -      #488

I’ll take it.
    Gameplay mechanics.
    She destroys those bugs in one-two hits. And the power of her weapons has been proven, so if she can one-shot chief, he is less durable than these “bugs”.

89. PrimusxPilus February 2, 2014 at 12:45 pm -      #489

Well that was interesting. Sorry guys everything that was posted in advance was ignored

90. Commander Cross February 2, 2014 at 12:55 pm -      #490

@Primus the Senior Praetor at #489

You only need to apologize for going AWOL on us for the past couple of months, really.

Also for what its worth, if we have an Inheritance series(by Christopher Paolini) vs. Skulduggery Pleasant(by Derek Landy) related match-up, Post-Deathbringer Darquesse would most likely school Eragon as badly as Chief fell apart at Samus’s hands.
    Something tells me that even if Chief Man had Scarab Guns, if he can’t hit Samus at all in time then what would be the point?

91. Rookie December 15, 2014 at 7:42 am -      #491

Chief is good, but I think that Samus will win.

92. LadyRamkin January 26, 2015 at 7:00 am -      #492

But… but…. stomps don’t get awarded…. or is everything I know a lie???

93. nsl98 January 26, 2015 at 9:30 am -      #493

@Ramkin

This was awarded before da rules were established. Just look at Cloud vs Link, Supes vs MC, etc .

94. LadyRamkin January 26, 2015 at 10:38 am -      #494

…..Supes, as in Superman? Got the BankGambling award against MC, as in Master chief??

Superman was given the BankGambling award against master chief?????????? WoW

95. admin January 26, 2015 at 10:45 am -      #495

Hence the reason why we had to get some rules in place! :-P

96. LadyRamkin January 26, 2015 at 10:49 am -      #496

And they are some great rules, I especially like the list of logical fallacies in the debating guidelines.

97. nsl98 January 26, 2015 at 11:24 am -      #497

Yeah admin, its really cool that this site has already established rules that are followed and accepted. All the different types of fallacies and arguments were really well explained. It’s one of the reasons I like this site more then others.

« Previous 1 3 4 5

Modern Gaming

Sad but true.

Curiosity Rover Spotted by Mars Orbiter on Mount Sharp

Humanity is the invading alien now...