Sam Fisher and Solid Snake Vs Indominus Rex

Sam Fisher and Solid Snake Vs Indominus Rex

Suggested by peter

Sam Fisher (Splinter Cell) and Solid Snake (Metal Gear) will go against The Indominus Rex from Jurassic Park.

No guns or explosives, one knife each. Snake does not have stealth camo. Battle takes place on Isla Nublar (Jurassic park).

Who will win?

« Previous 1 2 3

269 Comments on "Sam Fisher and Solid Snake Vs Indominus Rex"

1. LadyRamkin July 13, 2015 at 12:29 pm -      #201

See this is were we go back to our definitions of intelligence.

I already accepted average animal intelligence. But not super intelligent / highly intelligent.

And I personally would say that the camouflaging and waiting for prey would come under basic hunting instincts.

2. Friendlysociopath July 13, 2015 at 12:30 pm -      #202

From what I remember of the first Jurassic Park novel, the invisible fence was just scanners that told them where certain animals were.
    Grant makes a point of waving his hand in front of any they come across after the kids and him are lost- but the power is out. I don’t recall anything about electric shocks; just sensors to locate dinosaurs.

3. LadyRamkin July 13, 2015 at 12:35 pm -      #203

But they don’t have any fences In Jurassic world do they? The Dino’s are just roaming around. That’s why the I-Rex can walk straight to the people buffet. .

4. Friendlysociopath July 13, 2015 at 12:37 pm -      #204

But they don’t have any fences In Jurassic world do they?

They certainly have some- the kids for example go right through one that they weren’t supposed to. I just don’t think they have giant electric fences like what was being described.

5. LadyRamkin July 13, 2015 at 12:43 pm -      #205

Was that a new fence? Or a left over one?

6. Sokogeki July 13, 2015 at 1:57 pm -      #206

@LadyRamkin

7. AreNamesNeeded July 13, 2015 at 2:05 pm -      #207

Aren’t Harris Hawks pack hunters in real life, setting up ambushes in small groups to catch rabbits? Also, while the Raptor DNA would obviously give the I Rex increased intelligence, its possible that due to its purpose as a weapon, that its intelligence may also have somehow been artificially augmented, giving it the alarming intelligence it seems to have.

Also, cuttlefish, squid and the octopus are considered to be the most intelligent invertebrates, thus it may have gained some increased intelligence from its cuttlefish DNA.

8. pimpmage July 13, 2015 at 3:09 pm -      #208

“Can you just show me any animal that has torn a tracking device out of its flesh? Just 1 will suffice.”

Rodents chew off their limbs to escape traps. Some reptiles detatch their tails to escape predators. Crabs will rip off their own claws when they get damaged. Mutilating one’s self for a goal is not new to the animal kingdom. The tracking device could have just felt incredibly foreign to the rex. Felt like removing it. Also, the act of removing it does not prove the animal even knows what it is.

9. Friendlysociopath July 13, 2015 at 3:30 pm -      #209

Mutilating one’s self for a goal is not new to the animal kingdom.

None of what you posted was actually an animal removing a tracking device implanted years beforehand; which requires more than the immediate cognition of “I’m screwed” instinct present in all creatures.

Also, the act of removing it does not prove the animal even knows what it is.

Nobody said the I. Rex knew what the tracker was; just that it remembered the tracker and dug it out- apparently in a clean slice too because I don’t remember seeing scraps of skin everywhere.

Hey, found a gif
    img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150622235219/jurassicpark/images/6/60/0pid3E7.gif

10. Ninja Lowk July 13, 2015 at 3:37 pm -      #210

“apparently in a clean slice too because I don’t remember seeing scraps of skin everywhere.”

So it’s also a master surgeon? I smell spin-off.
    “Doctor Rex, you can’t operate on that patient”
    * arm flail, Roar *

11. Ninja Lowk July 13, 2015 at 3:42 pm -      #211

Seriously though, even with some of the stuff being circumstantial; from what I’m reading it sounds like the things is still sounds like the thing is fairly intelligent. Maybe not a genius or anything but still comes off as more then just some animal.
    So does that classify it as a serial killer or just an animal doing what it does?

12. Jake_Uzumaki July 13, 2015 at 3:49 pm -      #212

On that note…maybe I just didn’t look closely….does anyone remember actually seeing a wound consistent with the quite large chunk of flesh ripped out on the I-Rex? Or even a scar? Because either I missed it…the CG artists were lazy….or that thing had some decent regenerative abilities

13. Sauroposeidon July 13, 2015 at 3:51 pm -      #213

The device was attached to a hunk of skin. That’s why there’s not shreds anywhere. Probably just nipped it out with its mouth.

14. Jake_Uzumaki July 13, 2015 at 3:58 pm -      #214

@Lowk
    I’d lean toward serial killer, it was killing for pleasure/fun not food. None of its killing really seemed like it was required/helped its survival, it was just running around killing to be killing.
    If nothing else it was a major league prick.

15. Friendlysociopath July 13, 2015 at 4:07 pm -      #215

Probably just nipped it out with its mouth.

Don’t they typically put trackers where the animals can’t reach? Like back of the neck or something?

16. LadyRamkin July 13, 2015 at 4:58 pm -      #216

“device implanted years beforehand”

Well, it was quite a large device, and it’s growth had been accelerated. So it might not have been in there for years.
    – – –
    “So it’s also a master surgeon? I smell spin-off.”

+1 Greatest spin off of all time.
    – – –
    “or that thing had some decent regenerative abilities”

Part wolverine

“Indominus Rex, The surgeon advocate for mutant rights”
    – – –
    “The device was attached to a hunk of skin”

There was a sizeable chunk of meat attached to the removed devise. that is what they used to scent the raptors isn’t it?
    – – –

17. Epicazeroth July 13, 2015 at 5:09 pm -      #217

@Jake: Not necessarily. Many animals kill for fun. Crocodiles (at least one); cats; dolphins; chimpanzees (which I hate); possibly elephants; some birds.
    @Friendly: Normally it probably shouldn’t have been able to reach it. But the I. rex was intelligent and had longer-than-normal arms/claws. Also, it’s possible InGen just thought it wouldn’t even know it had a tracker.
    @Ramkin: “I just thought they made a new one.”
    It’s the same. That’s part of the reason Rexy was losing so badly.

18. Friendlysociopath July 13, 2015 at 5:22 pm -      #218

It’s 3 years old and it’s bigger than a T-Rex, add in that they mention it attacks handlers and they must’ve put it in within at least one year of it being born just because after that the thing would’ve been too large to safely get near.

Also, it’s possible InGen just thought it wouldn’t even know it had a tracker.

Even a dumb animal would’ve scratched at the injury right after inflicted, that’s why you put some medicines for cats right along the back of the neck- they can’t reach it.

19. LadyRamkin July 13, 2015 at 5:42 pm -      #219

Maybe it just has a massive ego, It might have killed them because it had claimed the entire island as its territory. The Rex’s in lost world blew up their…. trailer thing, because they thought it had invaded their territory.

Well, the expanded their territory to include the trailer thing, Then they blew it up and ate the bald guy. the bald guy always dies first

20. Sauroposeidon July 13, 2015 at 6:34 pm -      #220

“Some people are saying that the T-rex in Jurrasic world is the same one from Jurassic park? I just thought they made a new one.”

It’s the same. They made her look older, and kept her scars. She’s technically elderly. So it’s kind of amazing that she was able to fight the I-Rex, who would in theory be in her prime.

21. LadyRamkin July 13, 2015 at 7:07 pm -      #221

Reigning champ

scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/11737923_10154201852940200_8488579984143811957_n.jpg?oh=0885e1a11343a0b97473e3163197cba1&oe=56203749

22. Aelfinn July 13, 2015 at 8:29 pm -      #222

23. LadyRamkin July 13, 2015 at 9:20 pm -      #223

I was too busy whining about the shitty CGI to pay attention to subtext. Though, I wouldn’t notice subtext if it danced naked in front of me.

I hate bottle episodes, it’s all wall to wall facial expressions and emotional nuance; I may as well sit in the corner with a bucket on my head.
    – – –
    “it’s not like the movie even understood science”

Holograms not withstanding, If we ever get hold of dinosaur DNA (Which i think is actually impossible, somthing to do with half lifes) Then as far as i know the science is fairly sound.

24. LadyRamkin July 13, 2015 at 9:28 pm -      #224

We are already taking traits from one animal and putting then into another. Glow in the dark cats is a nice example.

Given enough time, we could get there eventually.

25. CH1C4N0444 is allergic to bullets July 13, 2015 at 10:03 pm -      #225

“They’re probably glass cannons.”

” If I wait until Secret Wars is done, would I be able to get the main storyline and tie-ins?”

Probably, for sure the 8 main issues and each subseries within it would get it’s own book. They might sell a “Last Days,” “Battleworld,” and “Warzones” collection with it as well. I highly doubt they’d release all of those together though. That’d be one big ass book. Wouldn’t be surprised though, I know Infinity got released with all it’s tie ins(wasn’t as large though).
    “Maestro’s new role after Secret Wars seems to be as a Mongol esque character. Makes me want to suggest a match between them.”

“Mongs got limits. Maestro is a hulk.”

Supes compared getting hit by him to being hit by Darkseid. Even I don’t think Hulk could take that kind of punishment(well, probably not…)
    “(Which i think is actually impossible, somthing to do with half lifes)”

phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2015/06/16/scrappy-fossils-yield-possible-dinosaur-blood-cells/

26. Xornell July 13, 2015 at 10:25 pm -      #226

“What is your unbiased opinion of the I Rex? As a stand alone creature, away from the movie, what do you think if it?”

Ehhhh. For a JP movie it was trash. As a standalone thing it would’ve been alright. I think it looks a bit… Childish? But pretty cool. Design-wise.

“Which was better, Terminator Genysis or Jurassic World?”

Genysis, IMO. Had some cringey-ass moments but wasn’t up it’s own asshole like JW was.

“But technique wise, it was no match for the Rex.”

Nah, the T-Rex is on a lower tier. It can’t even waveshine.

“the MOTHER FUCKING T-REX is fighting, the fourth uneaten Raptor comes to save the day”

Afterwards they decide to be friends. Such writing.

“Unrelated tangent: was no one else bothered by the anti-science stance the movie was taking, talking about how “progress should lose” and all that jazz? I mean, it’s not like the movie even understood science in the first place, but that just proves that they fear what they don’t understand.”

Yeah but this was all the movies, though. They always had that message, IIRC.

Then shit got silly and I stopped reading. Thread/Thread

27. Jake_Uzumaki July 13, 2015 at 10:32 pm -      #227

“That’d be interesting, but I think he’s above Hulk’s paygrade and more on the lines of Thanos and the like.”

28. Friendlysociopath July 13, 2015 at 10:32 pm -      #228

Afterwards they decide to be friends.

29. Xornell July 13, 2015 at 10:42 pm -      #229

“Not really any benefit to fighting, Rexy was tired as shit and the Raptor had zero reason to fuck with her.”

I mean, except for that earlier movies established them as enemies. If we’re using that logic, what reason did the T-Rex have to fight the hybrid dino?

30. Jake_Uzumaki July 13, 2015 at 10:44 pm -      #230

yeah Blue and Rexy had no reason to fight, Rexy like Friendly said was tired after fighting another T-Rex sized Dino she’s an over 20 year old T-Rex elder she doesn’t give a fuck about chasing a quick nimble little raptor to…what end exactly? Plus as far as Rexie knows her usual meals are going to be waiting for her the next day so why bother. And Blues only reason to attack Rexy would have been suicide by cop because she didn’t want to live alone.

31. Xornell July 13, 2015 at 10:49 pm -      #231

“tired after fighting another T-Rex sized Dino”

But… Why?

“It wasn’t friendship so much as a begrudging respect and deciding to not screw each other over.”

This is even worse lol.

32. Friendlysociopath July 13, 2015 at 10:51 pm -      #232

Flares and the power of nostalgia/plot demands; also, so it could break the Spino skeleton to appease the wrath of the dinosaur geeks (myself included).

I mean, except for that earlier movies established them as enemies.

Guessing that’s Jurassic Park? I read the novel first but as I remember from the movie:
    1) Humans weren’t moving, so T-Rex sees them less compared to Raptors
    2) Raptor looks like much more meat to eat than a human
    3) The T-Rex was clearly a ninja because NOBODY heard or saw it coming until it was RIGHT THERE; as such any of Rexy’s motives are suspect- I happen to suspect the KGB of recruiting her at a young age.

In other words, it’s a more passable hole compared to most. What would the plot have done? Made them fight one another? Raptor runs away, T-Rex chases- fade to black? That’d be even worse writing.

33. Xornell July 13, 2015 at 10:55 pm -      #233

“and the power of nostalgia/plot demands”

Dere he is. This is the point I was making. The plot made them become friends. The plot is therefore shit.

34. Ninja Lowk July 13, 2015 at 11:00 pm -      #234

Man I wish I was an animator. This movie sounds like it is rife with parody. Rexy and the Raptor, c’mon am I the only one seeing this?
    “yeah Blue and Rexy had no reason to fight, Rexy like Friendly said was tired after fighting another T-Rex sized Dino she’s an over 20 year old T-Rex elder she doesn’t give a fuck about chasing a quick nimble little raptor to…what end exactly? ”

35. CH1C4N0444 is allergic to bullets July 13, 2015 at 11:01 pm -      #235

static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/33308/1480122-darkseid173.jpg
    “I happen to suspect the KGB of recruiting her at a young age.”

scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xtp1/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e15/10666119_1629968257243493_1633811554_n.jpg

36. Epicazeroth July 13, 2015 at 11:07 pm -      #236

@Aelfinn: “progress should lose”
    I think it was more “There are some lines science shouldn’t cross” or “Science is going too fast”. Not really “Science is bad”.

“I mean, it’s not like the movie even understood science in the first place”
    @CH1C: “Can’t really have that excuse when you’re fighting a guy who can hold megaverses.”
    Why not? Assuming they were all the same type of Beyonder, that is.
    @Friendly: “so it could break the Spino skeleton to appease the wrath of the dinosaur geek”
    I didn’t watch 2 or 3, so I don’t get it. Why?
    @Xornell: “Afterwards they decide to be friends. Such writing.”
    Technically, they just decided to both go after the bigger threat.

“If we’re using that logic, what reason did the T-Rex have to fight the hybrid dino?”
    The I. rex is direct competition. The raptor isn’t.

Also, somehow I managed to go for 15 years without knowing Dimetrodon was a synapsid.

37. Friendlysociopath July 13, 2015 at 11:15 pm -      #237

I didn’t watch 2 or 3, so I don’t get it. Why?

Oh, simple enough; the lead guy who was paid to be smart about dinosaurs for the film said, “Let’s take a Spinosaurus and a T-Rex and make them fight!”

^This fight should not have gone down the way it did for a number of reasons.
    1) Spinosaurus eats fish, it’s not on the same bracket as a T-Rex
    2) T-Rex got first bite, T-Rex in reality would’ve bit clean through the Spino’s neck- none of that shaking it off thing
    3) The guy pretty much went on record saying he just got a bigger dinosaur to throw at the T-Rex and it won purely due to size
    4) The T-Rex was the shit for the first two movies, then the Spinosaurus shows up just to curbstomp it and steal the show
    You can see how this might annoy some people.

38. Epicazeroth July 14, 2015 at 12:00 am -      #238

@Friendly: 1 & 2 can be chocked up to InGen having altered the Spinosaurus to be better/cooler, which Dr. Wu outright states has always been the case.

4 is the Worf Effect. 3 is the real problem, because that’s just lazy writing.

39. Xornell July 14, 2015 at 12:44 am -      #239

“An animal refuses to eat smaller animal that it could essentially just step on and it was established they were enemies? Dino honor must run deep.”

It’s Dinoshido code.

“Technically, they just decided to both go after the bigger threat.”

And then be friends after it was eliminated.

“The I. rex is direct competition. The raptor isn’t.”

They’re both carnivores on an island with a small dino supply. I’d say they are. And again, they’ve fought in other movies.

“Also, why are you so cynical? This is coming from a guy whose cynicism borders on full-on misanthropism.”

I’m not, I just love shitting on lazy movies. I love tons of things, but poorly written cash-grabs are not among them.

” Spinosaurus eats fish, it’s not on the same bracket as a T-Rex”

To be fair, the dinosaurs in JP were genetically modified, and it could’ve been more badass than normal spinos are supposed to be.

” T-Rex got first bite, T-Rex in reality would’ve bit clean through the Spino’s neck- none of that shaking it off thing”

Perhaps. But refer to ^

” The guy pretty much went on record saying he just got a bigger dinosaur to throw at the T-Rex and it won purely due to size”

I mean… This is how a lot of things work in nature.

“The T-Rex was the shit for the first two movies, then the Spinosaurus shows up just to curbstomp it and steal the show”

I think this is why they did it. The T-Rex was the bad guy for the first two; they wanted something different for 3.

“You can see how this might annoy some people.”

People don’t care about the Spinosaurus facts, though. It could’ve been anything that killed the T-Rex. JP fans went full autism and REEE’d because their favorite dinosaur from childhood got beaten by another dino they’d never heard of…

40. Aelfinn July 14, 2015 at 1:01 am -      #240

“I think it was more “There are some lines science shouldn’t cross” or “Science is going too fast””

People have been saying that since Mary Shelley wrote Frankenstein, and everyone got super scared towards the end of the Enlightenment, aka, the time period everyone decided to stop shitting in their own mouths.
    “You know it was a science-fiction movie, right? Which parts did you specifically have a problem with?”

Well, I’m a biochemistry major, so my sticking points are probably more fine-tuned than anyone else’s lol, but you really, REALLY can’t just slap DNA together like they did with the Indominus Rex. Evolution is very, very good at fine-tuning the thousands upon THOUSANDS of minute reactions that make an organism not die in its first five seconds of existence. I mean, just look at ALL the little parts that make the human metabolism work the way it does:
    www.sigmaaldrich.com/technical-documents/articles/biology/interactive-metabolic-pathways-map.html

I mean, the movie entertained me, but I didn’t particularly like any characters until 3/4 of the way through, and that’s when the kids stopped being dumb.

41. Xornell July 14, 2015 at 1:15 am -      #241

“the BEST CASE scenario is that the Indominus Rex ends up mentally retarded.”

Hey, now. I hear it went on to do some very big things. Like write the screenplay to Jurassic World.

42. Ninja Lowk July 14, 2015 at 1:37 am -      #242

“You can’t just mash chromatophores from a Cuddlefish into its cells and expect any measure of control unless you give it the brain of a cuddlefish. Or at least part of one. But it clearly also had part of the brain of a Velociraptor…but maybe also be part T-Rex. But THEN you’ve also got those crazy-ass frog temp powers and snake-vision powers.”

You see Aelfinn, what you major forgets to tell you is that if you really believe hard enough, you can make science do anything it normally should not logically be capable of. It’s like magic but with tubes and beakers.
    “So with five different brain-parts working in ways that they were never made to, the BEST CASE scenario is that the Indominus Rex ends up mentally retarded.”

Aka the best plot twist ever that never happened. The Monster wasn’t a highly intelligent super genius, everyone else was just REAAALLY incompetent.

43. LadyRamkin July 14, 2015 at 4:28 am -      #243

“JP fans went full autism”

That is offensive to my people.
    – – –
    “everyone else was just REAAALLY incompetent.”

This is what i have been saying.

44. Sauroposeidon July 14, 2015 at 8:01 am -      #244

The last three movies were this. If you were surprised that JW had these themes, then you weren’t paying attention, man.

They’ve been splicing DNA in to the animals from the very first movie too.

I think Wu knew what the animal could do from the start. Yes genes are like light switches, you flip one this way and it triggers a bunch of light bulbs to turn on, not just one. But they’ve been doing this for so long now.

While only mentioned in the first movie, they are in competition with another company in the genetic research and manipulation market. Their technology is ahead of the real world’s in that department, obviously.

We just have to accept that they know what they’re doing, the same way we accept that they know how to make engines for starships in sci-fi’s. Because Jurassic Park is sci-fi.

At least they explained why some of the dinosaurs are clearly inaccurate, instead of just ignoring that aspect.

“JP fans went full autism and REEE’d because their favorite dinosaur from childhood got beaten by another dino they’d never heard of…”

Spinosaurus had been famous for years prior to JP3. It’s an extremely controversial dinosaur, especially due to recent decisions made by Sereno, whom I’m not too fond of.

The reality is that it killed the T-Rex in a bitch fashion, and there’s no reason it should have. The Rex is the rottweiler of the Dinosaur kingdom. It could crush cars with its jaws if it wanted to.

I take that they don’t immediately slaughter everything they run in to as them being in some way “honorable.” The Sub-Adult Male could have easily killed the Spinosaurus, but wanted to make it leave instead. The Adult Male and the Sub-Adult Male both have combat scars on their faces, indicating that Tyrannosaurs tend to fight each other, but do not kill. Rexy let Blue go after Blue helped her. They’re not blood thirsty monsters like the I-Rex was.

Because Tyrannosaurus Rex is also the most intelligent of the Super Theropods, I find this line of logic reasonable. It’s the only way to explain their actions through out the movies.

“everyone else was just REAAALLY incompetent.”

I think you’re beginning to learn how movie plots work. Just try not to think about it while watching almost any movie and you’ll do fine.

45. Ragnorke July 14, 2015 at 9:21 am -      #245

@Epic
    “Why not? Assuming they were all the same type of Beyonder, that is.”

Calling reality warping people with control over time/space on a megaversal level “glass canon” makes no sense to me.
    They don’t have “strength” & “Durability” on a traditional scale, they have power. Lots and lots of power.
    Their physical bodies are barely physical bodies to begin with, as we have been told.

@CH1
    ““Well I said kind of, although had Superman fought the real Darkseid by that point when he said that or just avatars?”
    Who knows, Darkseid hasn’t had that many appearances in N52 and most of them seem to really be him, or at least not Desaad cosplaying as him.”

New52 Justice League #1, Supes takes on Darkseid blow for blow.
    They run into Mongul significantly after that.

46. CH1C4N0444 is allergic to bullets July 14, 2015 at 12:38 pm -      #246

“New52 Justice League #1, Supes takes on Darkseid blow for blow.”

Darkseid doesn’t show up in the JL comics till #4. #1 is mostly GL and Bats talking about how the latter of the two doesn’t have any special abilities. Number 2 I think is when Supes and GL start fighting each other, and #3 is when the invasion actually begins.They don’t actually start fighting Darkseid till #5 and even then it’s everyone but Supes and Bats(who gets kidnapped). It’s not till half way through JL #6 where Supes actually steps in to help out with the fight and even then he’s not “matching” Darkseid(who literally picks him up at one point with one hand after giving him the biggest bear hug of his life).
    “They run into Mongul significantly after that.”

Right, but Darkseid’s MO is to use avatars, which is what he was asking and since it doesn’t seem to be a Desaad cosplay as of yet, I think they’ve been fighting the real Darkseid not Desaad cosplaying as him or an avatar.

47. Ragnorke July 14, 2015 at 1:01 pm -      #247

“Darkseid doesn’t show up in the JL comics till #4.”

First story arc. *sigh*
    The Justice League are put up against Darkseids forces immediately, from issue #1, is pretty much what i meant.

” Supes actually steps in to help out with the fight and even then he’s not “matching” Darkseid”

Since when do you need to “match” someone to go blow for blow with them?
    Darkseid was superior, but they still traded punches.

“Right, but Darkseid’s MO is to use avatars,”

Technically any body we see of Darkseid is an “Avatar” afaik.
    Didn’t one of the writers say Darkseids consciousness exists outside the DC multiverse? Which is why he was never affected by any of the Crises events.

” I think they’ve been fighting the real Darkseid not Desaad cosplaying as him or an avatar.”

Wasn’t Desaad on Apocalypse experimenting on Superman? While the rest of the JL were fighting Darkseid?

48. CH1C4N0444 is allergic to bullets July 14, 2015 at 1:25 pm -      #248

“First story arc. *sigh*”

I see JL#1 and immediately think the first issue, not the first story.
    “Since when do you need to “match” someone to go blow for blow with them?”

That’s usually what I think of when I think of someone “matching” is going blow for blow. They seemed to be grappling for the most part anyways(which Supes looses quite handily).
    These are the only three pages with the two of them in direct conflict:

static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/145093/2849550-supes_vs._ds.jpg

imgur.com/a/YMYiz

Like I said, it seems more like grappling than it does a fisticuffs.
    “Didn’t one of the writers say Darkseids consciousness exists outside the DC multiverse?”

media.dcentertainment.com/sites/default/files/Multiversity_Map_2400_53ee6b4c22d9a9.11031355.jpg

So, maybe? I don’t know…
    “Which is why he was never affected by any of the Crises events.”

“Wasn’t Desaad on Apocalypse experimenting on Superman?”

Yea, he was. I was mostly just saying that because it’s just funny to think that Desaad has done that.

49. Ragnorke July 14, 2015 at 2:41 pm -      #249

“These are the only three pages with the two of them in direct conflict:
    Like I said, it seems more like grappling than it does a fisticuffs.”

Surely there’s more to the fight than what we directly see on panel too.
    But Darkseid was definitely ahead the whole time.

“Not sure, but this map has them outside the Speed Force Wall, which encompasses all of the new 52 universes.”

I tried understanding that map..
    Now my head hurts

“Which is stupid in my opinion…Even dumber that they retconned their reboots offpanel.”

Did you finish convergence?

50. CH1C4N0444 is allergic to bullets July 14, 2015 at 3:05 pm -      #250

“Eh, i’d consider the bull rushing, the arm wrestling, the bear hugging, and the grabbing as “trading blows”.”

Guess that’s just a difference of what we view as trading blows then. For me grappling isn’t the same as trading blows since I’ve always associated that as a fist fight not a wrestling match.
    “Surely there’s more to the fight than what we directly see on panel too.”

If there was, it wasn’t much. The whole fight is only three pages long and 7 panels of it don’t show the fight(which are all relatively small to the ones that do).
    “I tried understanding that map..
    Now my head hurts”

Yea, so, what I’m confused about is that characters have been to the Source Wall(as shown in Godhead amongst others I’m sure)and that’s supposed to be outside of everything…Yet somehow, without travelling outside the universe we see Orion and the GLC, and Black Hand all at the SW…Despite being in the same universe when the Source wall is outside of that…?
    “Did you finish convergence?”

Yea, isn’t that what happened at the end there? Brainiac sends back all the hereos throughout time back to COIE and FP to stop those from happening and they succeed off panel?

Speaking of reboots, I know for a fact COIE and FP are reboots, but were Zero Hour and Infinite Crisis reboots as well? Multiversity seems to treat them as such and there was an article I read that did so as well.

51. Ninja Lowk July 14, 2015 at 4:20 pm -      #251

I think the only people not effected by the n52 reboot were the monitors.
    “Despite being in the same universe when the Source wall is outside of that…?”

The White Lantern arc all but stated that the source can be anywhere or size it damn well pleases.
    EDIT:
    I don’t think it should be thought of as just a physical place.
    EDIT 4 Relevancy:
    How bout them super spies and dinosaurs

52. pimpmage July 14, 2015 at 5:10 pm -      #252

If you guys really want to discuss comic stuff, there is a forum for that. I keep checking in to see if anything related to the match is posted. Nope.

53. Epicazeroth July 14, 2015 at 5:20 pm -      #253

Actually, that’s only a map of the “local multiverse”. Meaning there are other multiverses out there. Presumably only the 52 have DC-owned characters.

54. CH1C4N0444 is allergic to bullets July 14, 2015 at 5:53 pm -      #254

“I don’t think it should be thought of as just a physical place.”

Makes sense.
    “Actually, that’s only a map of the “local multiverse'”

Where’s it say “Local” I only see it say multiverse.

55. Epicazeroth July 14, 2015 at 6:29 pm -      #255

@CH1C: www.comicbookresources.com/article/sdcc-morrison-dc-announce-multiversity-too-batman-black-white-ogns

56. Ragnorke July 14, 2015 at 6:45 pm -      #256

” but were Zero Hour and Infinite Crisis reboots as well?”

Zero Hour had the big bang, which technically ended the universe.
    But everything was remade 99% of the way it was, with all the characters retaining their past memories and etc.
    Again, it was just used to correct inconsistencies.

“I think the only people not effected by the n52 reboot were the monitors.”

Well there’s this:
    static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111217478/4575645-3065653604-37579.jpg

Darkseid was however killed by the God Bullet in the end of Final Crises.

57. pimpmage July 14, 2015 at 7:35 pm -      #257

58. Ragnorke July 14, 2015 at 7:47 pm -      #258

@pimp
    No one is stopping anyone from discussing the match.
    If anything, our constant babbling attracts more attention to the thread, making it more likely for it to reignite itself.

So please, don’t be THAT guy.

59. Friendlysociopath July 14, 2015 at 7:55 pm -      #259

…”So the match can be talked about”

60. pimpmage July 14, 2015 at 8:24 pm -      #260

“Random conversations start up sometimes, and we’re having a discussion that interests us, which will likely die out in a dozen posts.”

No, you are looking at it wrong. Your flooding of completely off topic stuff gives nobody anything to respond to relating to the match. And it’s already been like at least 50+ posts here about marvel stuff.

“So please, don’t be THAT guy.”

Don’t be THAT guy and poison the well. You know this is not the place to discuss this, and you try to make ME feel bad for bringing it up? Get the fuck out.

“Everyone thus far has made it adamantly clear they expect Snake and Sam to be eaten, stepped on, or otherwise slain by the I.Rex. Game over. The thread has concluded its purpose and can now be used for anything.”

61. Friendlysociopath July 14, 2015 at 8:40 pm -      #261

A railgun shot to the head by snake will end it.

that loud dino cannot hide from him.

62. pimpmage July 14, 2015 at 8:43 pm -      #262

“A gun he does not have, and since nobody here still particularly cares about the match; that will not change.”

Everybody that commented on this match agreed 100% that snake and sam should be equipped with more than just knives. There are BankGambling rules that allow a majority to change the match rules. Just standard gear for both might give them a change. Composite gear gives them a great chance.

“So long as they are offscreen Jurassic Park dinosaurs are ninja; nobody will ever find them.”

Well shit, now they have to try and beat dino toonforce.

63. Sauroposeidon July 14, 2015 at 8:44 pm -      #263

” Your flooding of completely off topic stuff gives nobody anything to respond to relating to the match. And it’s already been like at least 50+ posts here about marvel stuff.”

Pimp. I would have asked them a long time ago to stop. Because frankly, it is very annoying. Especially to people trying to have a conversation about the match. However, the match was more or less decided ages ago. So I didn’t. It’s not really important because there’s no real debate going on. Sam and Snake lose unless they get Rex support. Then they have a chance of winning. That’s as far as this will go.

64. pimpmage July 14, 2015 at 8:53 pm -      #264

” However, the match was more or less decided ages ago. So I didn’t. It’s not really important because there’s no real debate going on.”

65. Sauroposeidon July 14, 2015 at 10:23 pm -      #265

“I would really have loved to see people discuss what strategies are possible with standard load outs. But it went way off topic from discussing Rex’s intelligence, to recent marvel comic releases and theories.”

This match was essentially killed by forcing their load out to only a knife each.

66. Ninja Lowk July 14, 2015 at 11:12 pm -      #266

Sam goggles will find it. If they had weapons he could’ve probably acted as a spotter. He projectiles that could’ve given them multiple views with the same tech as his goggles. Plus they could’ve been used as a distraction; either through emitting sound or explosions.
    Pretty sure the shock and sleeping gas would have no effect on something that large right?
    “And the one we see in New52 could be weaker due to recently having been reformed,”

67. CH1C4N0444 is allergic to bullets July 15, 2015 at 3:58 am -      #267

@Epic Huh, interesting.
    “Infinite Crises had the Superboy reality punch, which… well… fucked with reality. But it wasn’t a retcon.
    It was more of a cop-out by the writers, to justify all their inconsistencies and contradictions in their timelines.”

I was mostly curious because Convergence and Multiveristy treated them as such.
    “Well there’s this:”

Couldn’t that just mean that the *insert term for Darkseid’s residence” doesn’t follow the same rules as the rest of the multiverse, but isn’t necessarily unaffected by the things that affect it?

Also, is he referring to COIE in that scan?
    “And i think it was Jack Kirby that also supported this by saying Darkseid wasn’t changed by any of the reboots.”

Didn’t Kirby die before IC(again, mostly counting it due to Convergence and Multiversity referencing it as a reboot)and FP though? He could’ve been affected by those two(or at least FP since that for sure is a reboot).
    “Darkseid was however killed by the God Bullet in the end of Final Crises.

Doesn’t N52 Darkseid have a different origin than PreC-PreN52/PreFP IIRC they go over his origin during Forever Evil in Villains Month and unless I’m mistaken, it’s different than PreFP/PreN52 Darkseid(s).
    “Hey, lets continue ignoring me move this conversation over to the forum so the match can be talked about.”

The thread’s basically been over since the first few comments. I-Rex wins due to them not having anything to kill him or hide from him or detect him.

Also, I don’t think everyone has a Topia profile which makes it kinda null and void for us to go to the it(unless he has one).
    “Your flooding of completely off topic stuff gives nobody anything to respond to relating to the match.”

I am the Great Derailer.

t.qkme.me/3trt1y.jpg

In all seriousness me and Rag’s conversation doesn’t stop anyone from commenting on topic for this thread.
    “No. A railgun shot to the head by snake will end it. Snake has all sorts of vision modes, that loud dino cannot hide from him.”

Well, there you go. Either I-Rex kills them or Snake solos. Why go any further?
    “Because frankly, it is very annoying. Especially to people trying to have a conversation about the match.”

You guys know that me and him aren’t talking about this match, just ignore posts you see made from me, him, or anything directed at us if you want to avoid off topic conversations.
    “I would really have loved to see people discuss what strategies are possible with standard load outs. ”

There’s nothing stopping people from doing that… If they want to they will, if they don’t then they won’t, it’s as simple as that.
    Just because we went off topic doesn’t mean that people can’t actually contribute… The thread’s been dead for a while now, there’s not really much to say anyways.
    “Pandora’s fuckery was pretty thorough, even retconned Darksied’s origins. So it seems safe to assume that he was not completely unaffected.”

Well, if his origins did get changed, wouldn’t that mean this Darkseid is entirely different from the previous one(s)?

68. Ragnorke July 15, 2015 at 10:20 am -      #268

1.bp.blogspot.com/-ZkZGf1AIde4/VaYjNtKBgZI/AAAAAAANQuA/w8_KmGJpyNg/s1600/p_2_20.jpg

So, Batman has Anti-Monitor level powers now. Totally didn’t see this coming.

69. Ragnorke July 15, 2015 at 10:43 am -      #269

Oh, and more DC spoilers:

3.bp.blogspot.com/-IUlb-wBfxe0/VaYj97m3mjI/AAAAAAANQyI/t2du0avAlsE/s1600/p_4_11.jpg
    4.bp.blogspot.com/–vsKSV9idWw/VaYkFDRvb-I/AAAAAAANQyo/UxifyDSn9Jo/s1600/p_4_15.jpg
    1.bp.blogspot.com/-WhJX6vJL7rI/VaYkJgD1aAI/AAAAAAANQy4/ePu2fXySIvE/s1600/p_4_17.jpg

J’on wasn’t actually the last martian. In fact he’s not even a martian at all.
    He’s a weapon created by the Martians, to gain the trust of the Justice League, and to set up the invasion of Earth.

« Previous 1 2 3

Vincent Cochetel: Held hostage for 317 days. Amazing Message.

Vincent Cochetel: Held hostage for 317 days. Amazing Message. Watch now.

NASA’s Software Catalog

Yes, now you can build a rocket too - Actually, there is an amazing amount of free software and complete documentation on how to make and perform some amazing feats of science. I'm interested to know what Facts would do with it... Click here to get started!

Mining the Moon

It's going to happen soon - there are a ton to rare Earth Metals on that big old rock in the sky! Check out this infographic!

Michio Kaku: The Universe In a Nutshell

Fantastic video that easily explains physics of our universe: Michio Kaku - Universe in a Nutshell

Raiders of the Lost Ark – Conception Transcribed

Raiders of the Lost Ark - This is an amazing read on the thought process between George Lucas, Steven Spielberg and Lawrence Kasdan as they talk through the concepts of this amazing film. It's practically peering into the thought process of some of the most influential film makers of our day. And amazingly, shows how creative Lucas was.

Help Out Nepal

Finally a good reason to support Destiny.

Modern Gaming

Sad but true.

Curiosity Rover Spotted by Mars Orbiter on Mount Sharp

Humanity is the invading alien now...