BankGambling Gravatars Vs BankGambling Hall of Fame Winners

BankGambling Gravatars Vs BankGambling Hall of Fame Winners

Suggested by Nsl98

BankGambling Gravatars versus BankGambling Hall of Fame Winners

Rules:

- Your Gravatar that you had at the time of this match being posted is the one you have to stick with.  Example:  If your Gravatar is an ant, you can’t change it to some BS OP thing like TOAA

- Only the characters themselves that have won FP awards are being used, not entire universes that have one awards

- We all start fighting at the Admin’s House

« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

486 Comments on "BankGambling Gravatars Vs BankGambling Hall of Fame Winners"

1. Batz March 27, 2015 at 11:56 pm -      #301

“Meme” Don is an exaggeration of “Person” Don.
    The power I mean comes from that and his status as a Meme God. Again, all Meme Gods are deadpooled, including Deadpool himself.
    Deadpools don’t mean much due to no one really taking them seriously and how inconsistent it is for anything to get deadpooled or confirmed.
    For example, Pewdiepie is confirmed, but Dragon Ball is still a submission. THE ANIME META ENTRY IS STILL UNCONFIRMED.
    knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcultures/anime

I suppose it’s kinda similar to PIS. Maybe.
    Anyway, here is Waluigi for your enjoyment.
    i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/937/333/997

2. Numinous One March 28, 2015 at 5:46 am -      #302

““Summoning” a meme means that a copy of something within a picture in the gallery can be generated. The copies are similar to Shadow Clones in that a single solid strike will destroy them.”

Where did that bit of info come from exactly? Not something I saw on a brief read.

What are Don’s limitations? How long does it take to summon? He’s not hiding behind a computer for this, he’s present among FTL blitzers.

3. Numinous One March 28, 2015 at 5:50 am -      #303

Though didn’t this match pretty much get decided when STTGL arrived? Like it’s body twitches at MFTL speeds, simply arriving ensures massive damage.

4. man March 28, 2015 at 6:54 am -      #304

What the heck am I supposed to do with a white blank?

5. Rookie March 28, 2015 at 6:56 am -      #305

@man

“What the heck am I supposed to do with a white blank?”

Obviously, your power controls color white to infinite degree.

6. LadyRamkin March 28, 2015 at 8:13 am -      #306

I have only just realsised how reliant on gravatars i am to know who is talking… Every time Nsl98 changes his, i think he is a new guy, and in took me like 2 days to realise that Friendlysociopath was the one talking about the man in white…. for some reason i just dont read peoples names….

7. LadyRamkin March 28, 2015 at 9:10 am -      #307

“It means he’s skeptical of how well using characters we made up would work when we can literally buff them just by saying so.
    Or he’s worried about people just making an OP character and calling it quits, which I’d say could be solved by a ranking system of a sort (street level, metahuman, etc.)”

Well, I personally would hope that they would care more about the integratiy of their story thatn they do about winning a BankGambling match…

And if they do, do that they are going to negatively impact on their own story severely reducing the quality.

And even if they do do that, then people wont suggest their characters for future matches.

8. Kara Zor-El March 28, 2015 at 9:20 am -      #308

Using an OC/Fanfic char would just result in dick waving, and really only being able to be debated by the person who made the characters.

9. LadyRamkin March 28, 2015 at 9:37 am -      #309

That is a bit pessimistic, never know till ya try.

10. Kara Zor-El March 28, 2015 at 10:35 am -      #310

Hey, I’m not saying I’m opposed to the idea, just it probably won’t go as well as you might think. If it does, it’s a new avenue for matches. Though, are we supposed to be getting two a day now? I’ve not been here in a while.

11. Ellie Williams March 28, 2015 at 10:45 am -      #311

I guess I’m pretty much useless, then.

12. Parry Boy March 28, 2015 at 11:05 am -      #312

TOON FORCE M8s
    *mic drop*

13. Friendlysociopath March 28, 2015 at 11:06 am -      #313

It does seem to be the case, yes.

Even if they did care more about their story, their opponent would say they were just trying to one-up.

I guess I’m pretty much useless, then.

Not as useless as whitey up there ;)

14. Nsl98 March 28, 2015 at 11:09 am -      #314

😞🍗🍕🍤
    —-
    Testing, so hungry.

15. Ellie Williams March 28, 2015 at 11:11 am -      #315

I guess I could turn some people into zombies. But I’m a 14 year old. What can I do? Can I summon Joel or something?

16. LadyRamkin March 28, 2015 at 11:15 am -      #316

Navi still solo’s.

Post#281 contains a quote directly form the secret ending of Majoras mask 3d, that proves it.

17. Nsl98 March 28, 2015 at 11:20 am -      #317

Shawn Spencer solos with his amazing psychic powaz!!!11!!!!
    —–
    Seriously, my Gravatar is a downgrade now.

18. Karen Starr March 28, 2015 at 1:04 pm -      #318

Technically speaking, white is a shade, and I know how that sounds, but it’s also made up of every color so it shouldn’t be a stretch to assume blank square of white there could control all colors to assorted effectiveness, which is a fairly cool power honestly.

—-
    powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Color_Manipulation

19. Karen Starr March 28, 2015 at 1:06 pm -      #319

Ellie has that kick ass switchblade, and she’s a pretty decent shot. She took out crazy ass cannibal guy.

20. Friendlysociopath March 28, 2015 at 5:06 pm -      #320

So, to make this easier- just look over the Hall of Fame members you think your Gravatar can take in combat.

I’ll probably sit back unless needed, being the personification of Entropy leads to being somewhat lazy and having others do your work.

By virtue of extreme hax I can remove anyone else’s hax- how good is Ghost Rider in combat when he’s not immune to weaponry?

21. Nsl98 March 28, 2015 at 5:24 pm -      #321

GR can go a few rounds with World Breaker Hulk and come out no worse for wear:
    comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/ghostrider-vs-hulk-2.jpg
    ——
    Rips out Mephisto’s heart:

static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/146851/3207307-ghostrider_9_thegroup_022.jpg
    —–
    Penance Stares Dr. Strange:

static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/122008/2615937-713321-16rc9_super.jpg

22. erickyboo March 28, 2015 at 6:36 pm -      #322

Or maybe I shouldn’t participate then…

23. Parry Boy March 28, 2015 at 7:48 pm -      #323

I won this battle. GIR solos

24. The Drifter March 28, 2015 at 9:20 pm -      #324

Hmm… Well most of these Berserker AT Field Manipulating Eva 01 should be able to solo most of these people, minus the likes of Samus(Armoured) Goku Superman Ganon(Due to lack of Evils Bane) and maaaaaaybe Rand(maaaaybe). So… There, in addition to all the other Gravatars right there is a solid god damn team.

25. The Drifter March 28, 2015 at 9:22 pm -      #325

Well I’m awakened Eva Unit 01 so… There’s our tank lol

26. Nsl98 March 28, 2015 at 9:27 pm -      #326

@Drifter
    Are you new?
    —–
    Don’t forget Ghost Rider to add to your list.

27. The Drifter March 28, 2015 at 9:30 pm -      #327

@nsl
    Nope. Forgot to put him on the list… I doubt Eva can tank Penance Stare. And sorry for the double post. Gunna just stop posting if it says connection error.

28. Nsl98 March 28, 2015 at 9:40 pm -      #328

Bro, that happens to me!
    —-
    Literally every time I post, it says error. I just open a new tab and start from there, because in actuality, it did post. No clue why it does that.

29. The Drifter March 28, 2015 at 9:44 pm -      #329

@nsl
    Far out man! Do you post of your phone as well? And I’ve posted like the same thing, re typing it out like four times once. Felt like an ass when they all posted x.x
    ——
    As for the fight, I don’t know if its all be settled and the Hall of Famers are all dead or not, but I can’t quite decide how PS would interact with an AT field, Let alone Awakened 01s. Has Penance Stare ever worked through lime Force Fields? Or would he have to stare Dow. Shinji?

30. Nsl98 March 28, 2015 at 9:53 pm -      #330

Yeah, most of my posting is done through mobile.
    —–
    IIRC, the only time Penance Stare hasn’t worked is if the target is insane or their eyes were “covered.”
    *cough* Venom *cough*

31. KalaDellexe March 28, 2015 at 10:03 pm -      #331

Pretty sure they dead:
    Samus
    Fett
    The Various Darth’s
    Link (though his armor (magic armor) may be able to tank a couple hits)
    Wolvie (unless I’m misunderstanding his regen)
    Legolas
    Cloud
    Lightning
    Sephiroth
    Darktrooper
    Wesker

Not sure/probably:
    Nazgul (no physical form but then again a Shardblade is a Cognitive Entity in Physical Form that damages the Spirit, soooo IDK how they would interact).
    Kratos (I don’t know about his resistances but I don’t think he has spirit healing)

Indecisive:
    Ganondorf (I have no clue if the TF of P would make him resistant to a Shardblade)
    Dan Fortesque (though if he’s unliving the Shardblade cuts through him like butter…)
    Superman (don’t know how he interacts with spirit stuff)
    Ghost Rider (same as Supes)
    Alucard (I’ve heard some stuff about spirit-regen here)
    Deadpool (I HAVE NO CLUE HOW DEADPOOL WORKS)
    Soma Cruz (never heard of this character)
    Goku (spirit healing or no?)

CORRECT ANY OF MY ASSUMPTIONS/LACK OF KNOWLEDGE

32. Nsl98 March 28, 2015 at 10:10 pm -      #332

@Kala

33. Friendlysociopath March 28, 2015 at 10:10 pm -      #333

34. KalaDellexe March 28, 2015 at 10:14 pm -      #334

“By anti magic resistance, do you mean, like, magic doesn’t affect them? Cuz Cloud and Sephiroth have that.”

I didn’t know that! (Thanks for correcting my lack of knowledge)
    They probably will be unaffected by the insta-kill part then, but if they get hit they’re still getting hit by a sword that slices through everything like butter. :P

“Just bear in mind you’d have to actually get to them to hit them with your sword. Characters like Samus, Dante, Cloud (and so on) are going to be difficult to close in on if they want to make it hard.”

This is why at the beginning of the fight Kaladin would hand his Shardblade to Ragnorke. Now they have to deal with a Superman that has a shapeshifting, insta-kill pretty much everything sword + Supes’s strength behind it.

35. Nsl98 March 28, 2015 at 10:25 pm -      #335

Oh yeah, we have Rag. And the other two Kryptonians. Plus Friendly.
    —-
    I think we were mainly trying to figure out how to deal with 3 Post-Crisis Supermen…and we couldn’t come up with anything.
    —-
    Unless Xander’s huge Gravatar could defeat Supes…

36. Friendlysociopath March 28, 2015 at 10:35 pm -      #336

Speak for yourself, I’m only limited by not being spawn-killed for eternity. Sooner or later I will live long enough to use my hax. And my hax are extremely bullshit hax.

Unless Xander’s huge Gravatar could defeat Supes…

Problem being there’s no way in hell he can hit Supes and not us. It’s the equivalent of trying to hit one ant in an entire colony with the Fat Man Nuke.

37. Nsl98 March 28, 2015 at 10:43 pm -      #337

Well, yeah. I know you have hax, but what are your reactions like? Can your Gravatar react to things going trillions of times FTL?
    —–
    And when’s ch. 5?

38. Commander Cross March 28, 2015 at 11:24 pm -      #338

@Nsl98 at #337

Don’t forget about my Avatar, who can also deal with a lot of the Non-FTL folks on Side B if given enough supplies.

I will admit that folks like Dante, Ganondorf(Regardless of Incarnations but especially Total Composite Ganondorf.) or the FF7 Super-Soldiers will take a while to deal with though, and we’re still working to take down Kharn the Betrayer ASAP or a lot of our efforts can wind up meaningless.

We also need a Battlefield Removal Button for 616 Wolverine too, we’ve all got our work cut out for us to say the least.

39. Nsl98 March 28, 2015 at 11:29 pm -      #339

@Cross
    Who’s your Gravatar?

40. Friendlysociopath March 28, 2015 at 11:30 pm -      #340

And when’s ch. 5?

When I get around to watching RWBY again. I need to determine when in their timeline I’m injecting that world into my own. I also need to check up on Railgun.

Can your Gravatar react to things going trillions of times FTL?

Right, this might take some explaining. No he can’t and yes he can.

When TMiW looks at a character or object, he sees everything about that character, past and future- for all incarnations of that character.
    Give me one solid peak at even Rag for instance and I will be able to know everything about the enemy Superman as well.

And he sees their powers and can tweak them at will. He can do this for himself too, after Hawkgirl plasters his brains along a wall- he decides he needs to be more durable and compensates.

He can do this for our side as well; though he only has the feats for doing it to one or two guys at once, never 20 at one time.
    For example, he buffs Vader by altering his body to give him the abilities he would’ve had if he hadn’t been injured.

Thus, he will not need to ‘react’ to Superman because he knows where Superman is going to be at any given point of time in any given universe.
    And when he is killed (And I have a feeling he WILL be killed) he is briefly reverted back to Entropy the concept itself, meaning he’s literally everywhere.

41. Nsl98 March 28, 2015 at 11:33 pm -      #341

Oh. So he’s anything and nothing? Pretty solid…
    —–
    Where’d you come up with that idea for TMiW?

42. Commander Cross March 28, 2015 at 11:38 pm -      #342

@Nsl98 at #339

ALL of Camp Half-Blood(either JUST The Boot Camp itself or the Entire Meta-Series by the Riordan Family, take your pick) is here to report for Combat Duties.

Funny you ought to be asking and you didn’t realize this for so long.

Tell me you didn’t underestimate the Powers of a well-aimed Greek Fire Bomb of any kind, let alone if it manages to hit guys like Kharn the Betrayer in the right places or enough of them get to carpet-bomb most of the Non-FTL Opposition that the stuff would hit them with.
    My gut hunches says some of them could get away from the Bombing, but we only need to bomb the Majority of Targets and alleviate the Pressure out of our comrades’ backs.

@FriendlySociopath at #340

You already read on the C.H.B volumes by the Riordan family, no recommending needed, but have you got around to watching the Dot Hack shows or (The Main) Madoka Magica (Anime) yet?
    If you’re seeing the latter, please read the Manga Spin-offs like Oriko Magica, Kazumi Magica: The Innocent Malice and Madoka Magica: The Different Story before seeing the Madoka Magica Movies, okay?

43. Friendlysociopath March 28, 2015 at 11:44 pm -      #343

I watched one of the .Hack 3-part OVAs (it had this little cat that summoned a giant tree) and I watched my brother play the game with the original Kite long ago; that’s the extent of my .Hack knowledge.

Where’d you come up with that idea for TMiW?

Which idea haha, can you be more specific?

44. Nsl98 March 28, 2015 at 11:49 pm -      #344

@Cross

Erm, pretty sure it was established on other threads and in the series that Percy is the only impressive one.

Like, he has the feats and abilities to not get pasted by the Superhumans and meta humans that commonly appear on FP.

As far as the rest of CHB is concerned, the only one any of them could legit beat in a 1v1 is Link. None of them are bullet timers except for Percy, and the only one that comes close in durability, skill, and miscellaneous hax is Jason. And he has issues with flintlock pistols. Most would be out of their league in this fight.

As for Percy vs most of the HoF’s, the street levels is where he’s safe. Anything hypersonic+ and he’ll have issues keeping up.

He’d stop at FF level characters IMO.

Which idea haha, can you be more specific?

Like, his powers and origin.

45. Commander Cross March 29, 2015 at 12:25 am -      #345

@Nsl98 at #344

On the bright side, none of us ever claimed we’d solo a matter like this, take some Solace in the fact why won’t you? :twisted:

Still, none of the Links from The Legend of Zelda I’d know of have ever been wimps or the like, and some individual Links are Stronger than others and we’re not even factoring in the 3 Links that are each based on a given Legend of Zelda Timeline each for that matter.

You sort-of forgot about Nico Di Angelo, though to be fairer here, Nico’s gonna need a lot of kills before a lot of Side B finds out about it.

Why do I feel the only folks in C.H.B(The Meta-series itself, not just the Boot Camp) that can actually take on ‘Chief Man’ himself without stomping or getting stomped all over the place, and NOT be one of the kids for the 3 sons of Kronos/Saturn or River Styx-Enhanced would be either Clarisse La Rue or Frank Zhang actually, out of the ones we’d get to hear about? T__T
    Will Solace need to go and get some distance to make use of his Hidden Talents to irritate a lot of the Non-FTL folks in Side B?

So Keep Frank and Clarisse away from Post-Changes Dresden, have them keep ‘Chief Man’ busy with the right weapons and they could be fine.
    Clarisse could use some Modern-day Assault Rifles at minimum, give her enough Ammo and it’s a matter of making sure she stays sharp in fighting it out against Chief Man, Frank Zhang also needs the right weaponry as well.

Something tells me that first out, we gotta sort out whom among my Gravatar’s group of people would be best-suited to go take the Front-lines and who’s gonna help with the Supply Lines, Percy notwithstanding of course.

Well time to find out who gets the shortest straws out of those from the Novels to take the Front-lines in that case, so to speak.

—-

@FriendlySociopath at #343

Your post is the Post Number for the Studios behind the latest Halo Games, funny enough. ^_^

That Cat that summoned a Giant Tree?
    That would be Hermit right there, Hermit’s the Casual Reality-Warper from the second half of the R:X Era where Dot Hack//Quantum takes place at, and also brings us Sakuya, who looks like Miku Hatsune of the Vocaloids, Who is Magical!

Also interesting to note that speaking of The Original Kite himself, the likes of BlackRose(who carries A VERY BIG SWORD) strongly echoes a precursor to Annabeth Chase if you really think about it, then again to be fair, (The Original!-) Kite and BlackRose Had to fight GODS before Percy and Annabeth did.
    Funny how some things tend to repeat themselves when you think about it, but never in the exact same way.

Perhaps at some point, depending on a stated starting era for both sides, a Camp Half-Blood vs Dot Hack Universe War might be considered, if done right, but something like that would be better-saved later.

Anyway, keep on watching Dot Hack//Quantum Before March 2015 ends and don’t stop until you watch the rest of it, okay?
    Then afterwards, Watch the Main Madoka Magica Anime and we can share more ideas as well.

46. Friendlysociopath March 29, 2015 at 12:33 am -      #346

He’d stop at FF level characters IMO.

Well, the only FF characters are FF7 and FF13- two of the more… higher-tiered entries in the series. Percy isn’t beating any FF character here, true. Some of the earlier ones he might have a chance against (Depending on how hard people push Dissidia) but Cloud, Sephiroth, or Lightning? Nope, dead demigod.

Like, his powers and origin.

It’s honestly hard to recall haha. The start of the Ultimate Crossover was literally Batkirby, that was the idea that kick-started it all.

Then for a BankGambling match idea (which I don’t believe I ever posted) I had:
    Haruko (FLCL) Boba Fett, and Sipderman trying to hunt down Tony Stark, Master Chief, and The Doctor in a game of hide and seek.
    This led to the first real roster of who I wanted in the Ultimate Crossover.

And from there it was a combination of things: The Doctor could never be a side character- thus he needed an enemy that even he couldn’t deal with.
    Likewise, I needed a multiversal threat, something that everyone had to band together against. So something that neither extreme intelligence or brawn could overcome.

And I had long ago decided if I started making original stories, I wanted an avatar to enforce my will and be a part of the universe.

47. Nsl98 March 29, 2015 at 12:38 am -      #347

@Friendly
    —–
    @Cross
    If MC got gang swarmed by the rest of CHB, yeah he’s toast. Pretty sure Frank could solo via dragon. Maybe Ares Blessing Clarisse.

Nico is kinda hard to figure. I’d like to get him a match…but he’s only arrow timing. And his powers suck. He’s basically killing himself every time he uses them, and then it takes him days to recover from it.

48. Aelfinn March 29, 2015 at 1:37 am -      #348

“OK, going through the HoF, Kaladin (or anyone else if he gives them his Shardblade) can kill most of the guys there. Anyone who has spirit-regeneration or is/has anti-magic abilities lives, but everyone else gets one-shot.”

The problem for Kaladin is that a lot of those characters have ways for dealing with slower-moving guys with swords. For example, Rand could just freeze him solid. You could argue that Kaladin could give the shardblade to someone fast enough to kill one of those characters, but then they could just blitz them in the first place.

49. KalaDellexe March 29, 2015 at 1:45 am -      #349

@Aelfinn
    True. Just trying to make my gravatar useful. :p

50. Aelfinn March 29, 2015 at 1:58 am -      #350

“True. Just trying to make my gravatar useful. :p”

Fair enough, lol. I’m just sitting over here making vague prophecies.

51. Commander Cross March 29, 2015 at 2:29 am -      #351

@FriendlySociopath at #346

Lightning would never be stupid to leave herself open to Mutually Assured Destruction of any kind, and her Strongest Incarnations have Galaxy-level+ Durability if I recall right, a fight like that would require The Lords and Ladies of Olympus to deal with, but the 3 Sons of Kronos plus Athena would be kept too occupied by Rand al’Thor to do anything even If The Aegis Shield could block Balefire like the Indestructible Materials from The Wheel of Time could, just fine.
    So there goes fathoming them BFR-ing Lightning at all in time. T_T;

@Nsl98 at #347

Come to think of it, now i wanna fathom out Locations and Incarnations for a possible fight with either Clarisse La Rue or Frank Zhang vs Master Chief/Chief Man, Weapons will also be Integral as well more than first glances suggest, and Clarisse already has Powers over Rapid Learning, Understanding and potentially even Mastery of Weapon types she’s got on her hand, so give her Maimer, the right Armor and the right Guns, Ammo and Grenades and she has a chance.

Frank Zhang also needs the right starting point in a given location, so either of them vs Chief Man all depends on Distance, Weaponry, Incarnations and how good either side’s reflexes are, more or less.

If you watched Red vs Blue, think of Clarisse as being like a younger Agent Texas/Agent Tex pretty much, except without Fate And Destiny being Hells-bent on Screwing over Clarisse as much as they’d do on Tex when we talk about how often it happens.
    Anything HORRIBLE happens to Chris and she might just *Snap* and turn General Ripper on us all, which would be no fun at all to say the least. T_T :'(
    :cry:

52. Kara Zor-El March 29, 2015 at 7:47 am -      #352

I’m sorry Aelfinn, but since you posted on the other page all your char can really do is see the future… this is all I can think of when I see you xD

53. Epicazeroth March 30, 2015 at 9:45 pm -      #353

@wingedlion: RWBY is supposed to continue in around late July.
    @Kala: Hold up. Can Kal give someone else his Blade? Have we seen that happen with a Living Spren?
    @Aelfinn: “but then they could just blitz them in the first place.”
    I can see a way the Shard could be useful – assuming Kal is allowed to hand it over. If the Shard is more able to hurt an enemy than the FTL character is by themselves, they would want to have it.
    OK, so can we get a decision about my Gravatar? Preferably from admin.

54. LadyRamkin March 30, 2015 at 9:51 pm -      #354

“Nice. So it’s like the child theory floating around for SSB. I’ve always thought it would be cool to run a universe…”

I technically run a universe. I have an entire fictional universe rattling around in my head, with epic backstories , locations, characters ect. A full set of laws to govern magic. Three main plot lines, at least.
    And it grows every…… 36 minutes, on average.

I just lack any satisfactory method for getting it out. i tried writing but i dont write to a level i find satisfactory

55. Nsl98 March 30, 2015 at 10:11 pm -      #355

@Ramkin
    Sweet. You should pursue this idea of yours, make a book, get a movie deal, etc.

56. LadyRamkin March 30, 2015 at 10:13 pm -      #356

Seriously can’t. I managed to write, like 4 paragraphs. Tis not of a quality that I find acceptable. And I am not currently at a place where I can, like, do classes or anything.

57. Nsl98 March 30, 2015 at 10:17 pm -      #357

Ahh. Well, maybe sometime in the future? Once your classes are over.

58. LadyRamkin March 30, 2015 at 10:17 pm -      #358

Maybe.

59. OriginalA March 31, 2015 at 12:02 am -      #359

“Tis not of a quality that I find acceptable.”

It won’t get better without practice. Constructive criticism helps too.

I’m in the same boat you are. I have an original fiction idea that spans four major casts + relevant plot lines, multiple intersecting events between the groups, and dabbles with the concept of metafiction (still not sure if I want to include that part)… and I haven’t written a bit of it down because I’m terrible at writting.

Maybe we help each other out and beta read for each other? Get these ideas out of our heads and on to paper (or more likely a word processor) while also getting better at writing.

Think about it. Consider it an open invitation.

60. Commander Cross March 31, 2015 at 12:25 am -      #360

@LadyRamkin at #354

I second Nsl’s suggestion, except go for a Video Game deal first ASAP instead of going for any Movie or TV Deals.

If enough people can do this and have Responsible Publishing Companies involved, it’ll all be worth it in the end.

I might want help in some regards too, writing and narrative-wise in fact. T_T

61. Limbo Lowk March 31, 2015 at 12:41 am -      #361

“It won’t get better without practice. Constructive criticism helps too.”

What he said.

62. KalaDellexe March 31, 2015 at 1:10 am -      #362

” Hold up. Can Kal give someone else his Blade? Have we seen that happen with a Living Spren?”

Shallan gives him Pattern in Blade form so he can kill the Chasmfiend in Words of Radiance.

63. LadyRamkin March 31, 2015 at 7:16 am -      #363

“Think about it. Consider it an open invitation.”

www.factpiletopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=148659

64. Kara Zor-El March 31, 2015 at 8:59 am -      #364

65. Friendlysociopath March 31, 2015 at 9:36 am -      #365

What I find helpful is to carry a notebook with me. Anytime a thought I find interesting enters my head- write it down.

66. KalaDellexe March 31, 2015 at 6:23 pm -      #366

“Ahh, writing. Such fun to do. It is annoying when you have a few universes full of stories trying to crack their way out. I wish I was more consistent with my writing, rather than a bit here, a bit several months down the line and so on…”

What I’m trying to do, and what a couple of my writing buddies have started doing, is to devote at least 30 minutes a day to just writing whatever you feel like writing at the time. As you get better at doing that, push it up to one hour, then more, and so on. One of my friends who has done this has a publisher interested in her work now.

67. Soulerous April 3, 2015 at 3:48 am -      #367

I’m in the same boat you are.
    -I’m in that boat as well. I’ve taken tons of notes and written excerpts, but haven’t started writing the stories. If I could save time in a bottle…
    ~
    -That is a great way to improve. I’d be practicing that way too if I hadn’t eaten procrastinite,

68. OriginalA April 3, 2015 at 5:03 am -      #368

@Soulerous:

Later today (Friday… technically, since it is 1 am here), I’m going to comment on LadyRamkin’s story as well as post a bit of my own. Join in. Maybe we can all motivate and encourage each other.

69. Kara Zor-El April 3, 2015 at 7:12 am -      #369

Thanks for the advice Kala. I do try to do that, but omg so many distractions and procrastination. I chastise myself, but bleh. Currently though I’m taking part in campnanowrimo.org/ I keep trying to do these as a way to push me to write, and it does help, but once the months over I seem to slip back into the old routine. Hopefully this time!

70. Numinous One April 3, 2015 at 7:15 am -      #370

:Join in. Maybe we can all motivate and encourage each other.”

Ooh pick me.
    I can be the cynical critic.

71. LadyRamkin April 3, 2015 at 8:05 am -      #371

“I can be the cynical critic.”

I don’t need anybody to criticize it, I do enough of that on my own,

72. Numinous One April 3, 2015 at 8:08 am -      #372

Nonsense.
    An outside perspective is always welcome.

73. LadyRamkin April 3, 2015 at 8:29 am -      #373

True.

74. Kara Zor-El April 3, 2015 at 8:48 am -      #374

“I don’t need anybody to criticize it, I do enough of that on my own,”
    _
    The problem is, we can be our harshest critics. I know I can be with my own work. I know it’s not always easy to hear criticism, even when it’s constructive and can help. But it can help. Like Original A says, if a few people post bits of stories, we can help each other with problems they might have and move forward.

75. Numinous One April 3, 2015 at 12:02 pm -      #375

That’s the spirit Kara.
    Let me demean you, destabilize your connfidence .
    Believe in the long term benifits.

PS: Happy Easter weekend from Australia people!

76. LadyRamkin April 3, 2015 at 12:06 pm -      #376

Being wished a happy Easter by Zeref is kind of unnerving….

77. Numinous One April 3, 2015 at 12:08 pm -      #377

Bah.

The Phoenix will deliver the eggs to your door personally.

78. Friendlysociopath April 3, 2015 at 12:12 pm -      #378

The problem is, we can be our harshest critics.

This is entirely true. Back in high school my chemistry teacher let us grade our own projects- I gave myself almost 20 points less than he gave me.

Anyone got links to these stories? I’ll go check them out.

79. Limbo Lowk April 3, 2015 at 1:48 pm -      #379

Well since all the writers and the like are here, would a novel with occasional drawn scenes count as a visual novel or is that something different like some comic/novel thing(is that a thing)? I’ve got this 40 something chapter thing that I originally wanted to be a comic but it’s just to much for my level of skill and attention span.

80. Kara Zor-El April 3, 2015 at 3:47 pm -      #380

It would just be a novel. People forget that books used to have pictures in them. Look at a lot of Victorian era books, like Alice in Wonderland, they came with, sometimes, beautiful art on selected pages. If it’s mostly text, it’ll still be considered a novel, so far as I remember. I once had some great comic idea’s to go in my universe, but yeah xD I’m not going to get that level in my art any time soon, so novels they will become (one day…maybe)

81. Limbo Lowk April 3, 2015 at 3:54 pm -      #381

And I just remembered where I got the idea from. Romantically Apocalyptic.
    @Kara
    Thanks. I was wondering what I’d be calling it with misrepresenting it as something else.

82. Kara Zor-El April 3, 2015 at 4:07 pm -      #382

“And I just remembered where I got the idea from. Romantically Apocalyptic.”

Fucking Love Romantically Apocalyptic xD Haven’t read it in ages though, think I need to go back.

83. Friendlysociopath April 3, 2015 at 5:08 pm -      #383

In order to be a “comic” it has to be pretty much ALL pictures with a little text.
    Next step up would be a graphic novel, which is still mostly pictures but with more text.
    If it’s 90% text and a few pictures every now and then- it’s a novel.
    Some of my favorite High Fantasy novels have pictures every couple of pages- it was always cool to turn the page and be greeted by the surprising break in the text.

84. LadyRamkin April 3, 2015 at 5:33 pm -      #384

Im thinking about suggesting Santa vs Jesus. I mean, i know santa has mad time hax, and Jesus has the whole water to wine thing,(Santa, being a person, is mostly water) Then again i think a strong case can be made for Santa being massless due to his FTL travel. And Jesus can infinity re-spawn.

What do you guys think?

dickjutsu.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/santa-vs-jesus-demotivational-poster-1231798042.jpg

85. Soulerous April 4, 2015 at 8:45 pm -      #385

What do you guys think?
    -Jesus stomps with quotes from the Bible. But I don’t like the idea of opening possibly-heated arguments, as nice as we all are. It’s generally best to leave religious figures of this type out of matches.

86. Commander Cross April 4, 2015 at 8:52 pm -      #386

Jolly Easter Weekend to all everyone.

@LadyRamkin at #384

Also best not to have The Aeon Christ/The Lord Junior himself directly in play, he’s on par with Total Composite Merlin!
    I’d slip a pun but I’m in no mood to risk troubling ‘Junior’ if it’s avoidable.

Having The Aeon Christ vs Total Composite Merlin is asking for Planetary-to-Universal+ Extinction going on, remember Chuck Norris vs Segata Sanshiro on DeathBattle?

Put that on Mega-Crack and PRAY you can find a ‘Reality’ safe from the visuals to say the least.

87. Friendlysociopath April 4, 2015 at 9:05 pm -      #387

It’s generally best to leave religious figures of this type out of matches.

Kind of with Soul on this one, regardless of religious beliefs, things like that can go awry.

88. LadyRamkin April 4, 2015 at 9:18 pm -      #388

uuuuuuuugggggggggg, fine, But I still want Santa in a match. Possibley against jack frost, or the sand man.

He had that one scenario against master chief.

89. LadyRamkin April 4, 2015 at 9:52 pm -      #389

“Jesus stomps with quotes from the Bible.”

I personally don’t have a lot of of experience with the bible, so just out of curiosity, what kind of quotes?

90. pimpmage April 4, 2015 at 11:30 pm -      #390

He has the strength to flip tables, (human level), he can turn one basket of fish and bread to many baskets of fish and bread, he can turn water to wine, and walk on water. He is just a normal human.

91. Friendlysociopath April 5, 2015 at 12:08 am -      #391

He is just a normal human.

92. Numinous One April 5, 2015 at 12:17 am -      #392

“Well, latest incarnation and all of that; so he should be = God if the Trinity holds true.”

Which is all well and good until the iron chariots come charging in.
    Speaking of, what is Santa’s sleigh made of? Wood or iron?

Back ontopic.
    How do you transfer computer processing speed to a human brains processing and thereby maybe reactions?
    China has a supercomputer that operates at 33.86 petaflops.
    I would assume super advanced alien supercomputers would be faster, but eh.

Edit:
    Nevermind that. Should have googled first.

93. Commander Cross April 5, 2015 at 12:31 am -      #393

@FriendlySociopath at #391

Jesus Christ IS NOT The True Ar-Rashid Himself, and if you wanna hazard a fight-worthy incarnation of him, go look for Krishna’s Past Times or The Gnostic Texts where at least the latter would identify him as The Aeon Christ himself for a reason.

A LOT of the Gnostic Scholars may have reason to fathom The Aeon Christ as a God in his own right, but NOT The Big G-Man/The Supreme Monad Himself, but that’s a matter for another time to elaborate on.

94. LadyRamkin April 5, 2015 at 7:14 am -      #394

“Wonder what sort of Avatar Soulerous may offer that may help our odds of survival here.”

I thought we already won via Krytponian, entropy and Navi hax

Also a multi galaxy sized mech

95. Soulerous April 5, 2015 at 9:08 am -      #395

-Well, Colossians 1:16, for example. “For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:”
    ~
    Most people know about what he did as a man, but the assumption that that’s all he could do is incorrect according to the Bible. The creation of the universe… is more like it.
    ~
    -I’d also suggest being specific in what version of Santa, or at least what counts as feats for him.

96. pimpmage April 5, 2015 at 11:01 am -      #396

Soul, Jesus is a separate entity from the god. They share the same origin, but not the same powers. Jesus is not omnipotent. God isn’t actually omnipotent either,.

97. Soulerous April 5, 2015 at 11:26 am -      #397

I… never said Jesus was the same entity as his father. Don’t know what you mean by “the god,” though.
    ~
    But according to the Bible, yes, God is omnipotent. This is about what it says, not personal beliefs.

98. pimpmage April 5, 2015 at 12:16 pm -      #398

What I just said is not about personal beliefs. Don’t even start trying trying to drag this in that direction. He made humans in his image, but we are a flawed a species in hundreds of ways. The fact that people’s religion choice is massively defined by the country they live also destroys that argument. The fact that a homosexuality exists in both nature and humans, yet it is outlawed in the bible is just one more nail in the coffin.

99. Nsl98 April 5, 2015 at 12:26 pm -      #399

Maybe it’s because God gave us free will. He can’t force us to believe that he’s real. Just like he can’t force us to be straight or homosexual.
    —-
    We, as humans, have been given the Bible, as well as free will. It’s up to us to decide what we believe and not believe, what we do and what we don’t.
    —-
    God is omnipotent:
    And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
    -Revelations 19:6

100. pimpmage April 5, 2015 at 12:34 pm -      #400

Are animals given free will too? Were they made in his image too? Also, if you answer this in anything other than official bible quotes, you are interpreting everything yourself. That is extremely subjective, as well as all the hundreds of times the bible was interpreted/edited/translated over the centuries, it is a sinking subjective pile of uselessness.

It’s just like a Wikipedia page that has absolutely no sources.

« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »