Percy Jackson Vs Link

Percy Jackson Vs Link

Suggested by nsl98

Percy Jackson faces Link (Legend of Zelda) in three different scenarios:

Round 1: Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Link. No time stops. Every other item allowed.

Round 2: Twilight Princess Link.

Round 3: Hyrule Warriors Link.

Best two out of three wins.

Who prevails?

1 5 6 7

663 Comments on "Percy Jackson Vs Link"

1. LadyRamkin December 16, 2014 at 9:12 am -      #601

“I thought it was determined a few pages ago Percy could resist time manipulation to an extent?”

And i put forward a very good set of reasons as to why he couldn’t that were not addressed, and were therefore, technically, accepted. in post #318

“Anyway, Percy could deflect the Hookshot.

If you would care to watch the video again that hookshot ploughs through like 20 guys and sends them flying with no decrease in momentum.

“or slice it up.”

If that is what we are going with then Percy loses because Link simply slices up Riptide, Percy’s shield and Percy. Not necessarily in that order.

Also, page 7

2. Friendlysociopath December 16, 2014 at 11:06 am -      #602

Please don’t be that person, you’ll start sounding like Mea. Just because nobody addressed the point does not mean anyone accepted it.

Whether it’s all time or personal makes no difference as the principle is the same, water = resist voodoo for Percy.

3. Commander Cross December 16, 2014 at 11:31 am -      #603

If I may be so kind to say it, isn’t Riptide also Canonically Indestructible as we all noted in the past?
    Or does that one thread with Excalibur vs Riptide essentially exist all for nothing?

Deep down I know this sort of thread deserves more posts than Percy vs Kratos, yet either way it still feels very much like a glass half full at the moment.

Also everything in Hyrule Warriors is also tougher than the average Modern ‘Vanilla’ Human as well, so I guess that makes Percy and HW Link even.

4. LadyRamkin December 16, 2014 at 12:47 pm -      #604

“Please don’t be that person”

I said technically, when i say technically im generally being facetious.

“Your argument was that since Link slows down all time Percy would not be able to resist it since the only time manipulation he resists is Kronos personal version. This makes no sense to me as it’s still a magical time slow and Percy has feats for resisting magical time slows.”

Well, Percy could not resist, or even detect, the time dilation effects, of the Loyus Hotel, the Labyrinth ,Tartarus or Ogygia. He was completely unaware that time was different there. And for those areas effected everything in them equally, including thoughts which makes perfect sense.

When Stopped by Kronos only Percy’s body slowed down… for some reason. Also Kronos is defiantly not a bullet timer even with the styx enchantments since while Percy slowed Rachel threw a Hair brush at his eye and hit him. with a hair brush.

When Link slows time, it is almost exactly like that of the Labyrinth, or Lotus hotel ect, a time effect Percy has shown no resistance to, whatsoever. I would argue the exact same thing against Bayonetta. BUT i would say that Percy could resist the time slows form Final fantasy characters since they are way more in line with what Kronos does.

“Everything in Hyrule Warriors plows through people with no loss of momentum. That’s how that entire genre works.”

Which is why the genre is awesome.

“isn’t Riptide also Canonically Indestructible”

news to me

5. nsl98 December 16, 2014 at 1:00 pm -      #605

———-

Idk man, I’d be pretty slow after waking up from a 1000 year nap or however long it was. And a time slow is just that, a time slow, which Percy has resisted.

6. LadyRamkin December 16, 2014 at 1:10 pm -      #606

“And a time slow is just that, a time slow, which Percy has resisted.”

Yeah, and i’ve resisted being pushed, bet i can now survive in a car crusher.

Then please explain why Percy could not resist the time effects of the Labyrinth? Time slow is a time slow right? Please explain. Obviously an effect is determined by what its called and not what it does. No matter how completely different they are, even if they have different feats attributed to them.

7. nsl98 December 16, 2014 at 1:27 pm -      #607

They never explicitly state that in the Labryinth, time slows down, they just say that time flows differently.

——-

Link slowing time is the same thing as Kronos slowing time. Link isn’t slowed when activating his time slow, Kronos isn’t slowed either. On paper, these look exactly the same. Percy resisted and escaped a time slow, the feat is there.

-_—

Being crushed and being pushed are two different things.

8. LadyRamkin December 16, 2014 at 1:37 pm -      #608

“They never explicitly state that in the Labryinth, time slows down, they just say that time flows differently”

Percy and Annabeth go in,
    are there for 2 mineuts,
    then when they come out its been an hour.
    Explicitly stated or not, its very clear the time moves slower in the Labyrinth

“Link slowing time is the same thing as Kronos slowing time. ”

No. No its not.

“Link isn’t slowed when activating his time slow”

No he isnt, but literally EVERYTHING ELSE is.

Kronos isn’t slowed

No, ONLY Percy’s BODY. not every all of Percy. JUST his body.

“Being crushed and being pushed are two different things.”

So you did see my point, you just failed to register it.

“On paper, these look exactly the same”

Only if you break it down to its most basic components and the very carefully select which ones are the same, and present those.

Example
    Game 1:
    Walk around.
    Shoot guys
    Melee attacks
    Enemy variety
    Weapon variety

Game 2:
    Walk around.
    Shoot guys
    Melee attacks
    Enemy variety
    Weapon variety

Can you guess what they are? can ya? Well game 1 was Halo. and game 2 was Bayonetta. Obviously those two things are identical.

9. Friendlysociopath December 16, 2014 at 1:40 pm -      #609

I said technically, when i say technically im generally being facetious.

Understood and accepted.

1. Because the labyrinth distorts everything, sound, light, time, and distance. It’s a magical self-sustaining power even the gods can’t/won’t destroy.
    2. Did Percy ever try? By all accounts he doesn’t seem to gain this power until after those events, it’s entirely possible he just grew into his powers more. In the Casino and the Labyrinth he not once attempts to resist the slowing of time.
    (Bear in mind, that’s how 90% of all fictional characters work, their powers just get stronger over time)

Time slow is a time slow right?
    Time distortion =/= a time slow.

10. Friendlysociopath December 16, 2014 at 1:48 pm -      #610

I’ve either made the comment gods mad or there’s a trick word I keep using to get under moderation.
    So we’ll try to be short.

Time distortion =/= time slow
    I’d explain more but each time I try I get put under moderation.

11. LadyRamkin December 16, 2014 at 1:52 pm -      #611

“Time distortion =/= time slow”

I think im gonna need to read the full post, before i reply to that.

12. Commander Cross December 16, 2014 at 1:59 pm -      #612

@FriendlySociopath

Where can I find you outside of BankGambling by any chance, again?
    Also at #609 you’ve probably been posting too much as well, it happens to even the best of us.

13. LadyRamkin December 16, 2014 at 1:59 pm -      #613

Though in short
    Time distortion =/= time slow
    but
    Time slow = time distortion

14. Friendlysociopath December 16, 2014 at 3:07 pm -      #614

@CC, if you’re in the BankGambling chat at a certain time I’d be able to be there as well if you let me know in advance. I have no mic for skype and I have no interest in tumblr.

@LadyRamkin
    Slowing time is a form of time distortion, you can also speed it up for example, or loop it. It was a matter of clarification.

Furthermore, Percy gains powers over the series, he doesn’t try using water to resist time distortion until he does in his fight against Kronos- and then it worked. The only reason it seems it wouldn’t work on Link is Link’s affects everything, which isn’t good enough of a reason for Percy not to resist it. Link’s Time Slow is just another Time Slow, and Percy can resist that.

To say Percy can’t resist Link’s Time Slow just because Link’s hits everything makes no sense. It’s still a time slow, the only difference is the area affected.
    If I have a guy who resists being caught on fire, how is more fire going to make a difference?

Oh, and demigods in general being resistant to magic is a thing, so Link’s magic is just outright weaker against Percy.
    Demigods are stated to be harder to influence with magic.

“This is a huge spell,” Silena Beauregard said. “The bigger the spell, the easier it is to resist. If you want to sleep millions of mortals, you’ve got to cast a very thin layer of magic. Sleeping demigods is much harder.”

Here Carter’s magic outright doesn’t harm Percy.

[Percy] swung again, and I had no choice. I used my wand this time, catching his blade in the crook of ivory and channeling a burst of magic straight up his arm. The air between us flashed and crackled. Blue sparks of sorcery popped around him as if my spell didn’t know quite what to do to with him

Suddenly there was a wrenching pain in my gut. The entire boat lurched sideways, throwing monsters off their feet. Four thousand gallons of salt water surged out of the swimming pool, dousing me and Kronos and everyone on the deck. The water revitalized me, breaking the time spell, and I lunged forward.

A Time Spell is a Time Spell, Percy getting water breaks him out of it. He not once is doused in water like this previously when under time distortion.

15. LadyRamkin December 16, 2014 at 3:39 pm -      #615

“BankGambling chat”

There is a chat?

“Link’s Time Slow is just another Time Slow”

And why can Percy not resist time slows that actually effect areas? Seriously, Percy can resist time slows by Kronos, But not other time slow effects every, in the entire series. So why can he resist Links time slow? Which is essentially the same as the ones Percy can do NOTHING about.
    The only reason you guys keep putting forward is “He did it to Kronos” as though that actually explains anything.

“To say Percy can’t resist Link’s Time Slow just because Link’s hits everything makes no sense”

EXCEPT its consistent with Percy’s demonstrated abilities. What actually makes no sense is why you are calling Kronos’s ability a time slow. (Im only doing it because you guys are). Kronos Slowed Percy down, yes. But Percy’s brain kept going at regular speed????? THAT is inconstant with how time freaking works. The only justification for calling it a time slow is because Percy describes it as “time slowing down”. Which he shouldn’t even be able to notice if it actually was, Like EVERY OTHER instance of time being slow in the entire series., which Percy cant resist.

“so Link’s magic is just outright weaker against Percy.”

Except Link isnt using any magic on PERCY. He is using magic on TIME. Percy is chronolinear And therefore is effected by time. Yet you posit that Percy can resist a magic he has never resisted, or noticed before, that isn’t even targeting him.

“A Time Spell is a Time Spell”

You know what, you are a f&*$@£$ time spell.

16. Commander Cross December 16, 2014 at 3:42 pm -      #616

@Friendlysociopath at #614

I’m at the Chat group, go in there now and I might be able to tell you how to find me, and you don’t need a mic to talk in skype at all either.
    I’ll give you 5 minutes to show up, okay?

—-

Also on #614:

I miss Miss Beauregard of the Aphy cabin. :(

Also, I can’t remember how sharp is Carter Kane next to WW/PH Link at the moment, WW/PH is a more confirmed Magic Knight as I already noted, but Carter Kane can’t be too bad.

—-

Either way, I find it educational to go talk with Witch(-blooded) Females and since I’m in BankGambling’s Chat Group among their visitors, you can find me.

Please be here soon, okay?

I live at the Northern states in the U.S near the Pacific.

17. LadyRamkin December 16, 2014 at 3:53 pm -      #617

Percy can resist ‘A’, therefore he can resist ‘a’. ‘A’ and ‘a’ have almost nothing in common except that they have a similar name. But that doesn’t matter because the name is so similar I’m just going to equate the 2. Oh, and since Percy resisted ‘A’ a couple of times He can flawlessly can resist ‘a’ and ‘B’ and ‘b’ and ‘C’ and ‘c’ and pretty much everything that even has a remotely similar name, even though, once again, they have virtually nothing in common.

All in the name of forcing nonsense “facts” so that Percy comes off looking better than he should.

18. Friendlysociopath December 16, 2014 at 4:28 pm -      #618

@CC, sorry, I missed you, I’m an East Coast guy, probably explains how most people here are a good 5 hours ahead of me.

@Ramkin

For the record, both of those come across as very petty and nonsensical.

I’m not getting anything out of that besides “I don’t think Percy can resist Link’s Time Slow”.
    In which case, you need a better reason than “It’s not the same as Kronos’ Time Slow.” when they are the same attack, they slow down time. Percy breaks just about every spell by using water, I don’t see why this suddenly doesn’t work where Link is concerned.

You’d have some leeway for Time Slows that don’t work by slowing down time, like the D&D Time Slow specifically says it doesn’t slow down time- it just speeds the user up by a massive amount so everything appears to stand still.
    But Link’s works the same way, slowing down time.

You know what, you are a f&*$@£$ time spell.

You’ve caught me.

19. LadyRamkin December 16, 2014 at 4:33 pm -      #619

“For the record, both of those come across as very petty and nonsensical.”

They were supposed to be petty, but they can only be interpenetrated as nonsensical if you are trying to make it so. which really does seem to be the case here.

You’ve caught me.

Thank you. That is the first time i have laughed all day.

“I’m not getting anything out of that besides “I don’t think Percy can resist Link’s Time Slow””

There are 4 likely possibility’s here:
    1) you arn’t reading what i’m saying
    2) You are an idiot
    3) Somthing is wrong with my brain, and im not typing what i think im typing
    4) I’m an idiot

I personally think that its 1, but im willing to entertain 3

20. LadyRamkin December 16, 2014 at 4:44 pm -      #620

1) Please prove, beyond Percy’s conjecture that Kronos actually slows time. Because. no offense, Percy isn’t exactly the brightest.

2) Prove that Percy has ever even NOTICED a time dilation effect that didn’t only effect his body.

3) Prove that Percy can resist magic that isn’t being directly targeted at him

21. Commander Cross December 16, 2014 at 4:53 pm -      #621

@FriendlySociopath at #618

Could you please try again so we’d have somewhere or some means to contact each other again?
    We really need to talk about our plans.

—-

@Everyone

Being the Man who fears The Big-G Man Himself or whatever family He’s got that I am, I’d joyfully entertain the fact that all of us On-site are Idiots in some way or another, with the Worst Idiocies transpiring at June-July 2014 2 seasons ago.

If I don’t fess it up and get it out of my chest, I feel The Big-G Man Himself has every right to send me to Hell if He or his colleagues so chooses.

Repressing how we feel on certain matters will only condemn us in the long run, sometimes it’s best to just let it all out.

Maybe I’m not at all feeling okay these past few weeks of fighting, but I can assure you that part of it stems from how repressed I am being, more than normal in fact.

22. LadyRamkin December 16, 2014 at 4:54 pm -      #622

“Percy breaks just about every spell by using water, I don’t see why this suddenly doesn’t work where Link is concerned.”

If somebody used a spell on Percy to increase gravity on him and he used water to remove that spells effects. I would say that Percy could resist Gravity spells. But if after that somebody used a spell that made the ground under him super dense thus increasing gravity on him, would you say he could resist that based on his previous feat? I wouldn’t, if you would then we have reached an impasse.

23. LadyRamkin December 16, 2014 at 5:01 pm -      #623

@Commander Cross
    Are you saying that God will send you to hell if you don’t confess to something that happened half a year ago?

If that is not what you are saying them i don’t understand what you are talking about. If that is what you are saying, are you being literal or are you quoting something?

24. Friendlysociopath December 16, 2014 at 5:08 pm -      #624

@Cross, I think I missed you again. Can’t we just make a forum at BankGamblingtopia?

Kronos is the titan of time and can manipulate it at will. (His name is a big hint for this)
    Examples include:
    -His slowing down time around Percy, more than once.
    -Chiron admitting that’s exactly what his father can do
    -Him slowing time down outside an area like in The Last Olympian, where time outside Manhattan slowed down.
    -In Percy Jackson’s Greek Gods (yes I know, another book) it is shown that Kronos can also speed time up, and make it fly by at an incredibly fast rate. Kronos could “fast-forward” the lives of random plants, animals and humans, and watch them wither up and die.

Prove that Percy can resist magic that isn’t being directly targeted at him

25. LadyRamkin December 16, 2014 at 5:12 pm -      #625

@Friendlysociopath
    1) Fair enough… stupid more books being stupid… and more booky

“You seem to think that Kronos slowing his body in no way slows down his mind. Percy is barely thinking when he’s slowed in comparison to being in combat.”

Except Percy manages to take note that his body is moving slower, he states that his limbs are less responsive. If his mind was slowed like his body he wouldn’t notice, as far as he would be aware everything just sped up.

26. LadyRamkin December 16, 2014 at 5:27 pm -      #626

“That’s when I ran. There wasn’t even any thought to it. No debate in my mind about – gee, should i I stand up to him and try to fight again? Nope. I simply ran.
    But my feet felt like lead. Time slowed down around me like the world was turning to Jell-O. I’d had this feeling once before, and i knewit was the power of Kronos. His presence was so strong it would bend time itself
    “Run, little hero,” he laughed. “Run!”
    I glanced back and saw him approaching leisurely, swinging his scythe as if he were enjoying the feel of having it in his hands again. No weapon in the world could stop him. No amount of celestial bronze.
    Rachel;s voice
    Something flew past me, and a blue plastic hairbrush hit Kronos in the eye. “Ow!” he yelled. For a moment it was only Luke’s voice, full of surprise and pain. My limbs were freed and i ran straight into Rachel, Nico and Annabeth…”

Percy’s mind still seems to be running at maximum efficiency. He is still thinking, he takes note of how hard it is for his body to move. He watches Kronos come towards him at a normal speed. the only thing Kronos time slow effects is Percy’s body. that is it. And he got hit in the eye by a hair brush.

“This argument makes no sense to me. Why would Percy not being the target make him any less or more resistant to being slowed down? Water heals and protects Percy, that’s just the way he works.”

#622

27. Commander Cross December 16, 2014 at 5:54 pm -      #627

@FriendlySociopath at #624

Why do you keep missing me like that?

Just be glad that the second link in this post is for BankGamblingtopia so we can hopefully meet up for real, you hear me!?

Also, yes Kronos was infused with the Primordial for Time to be able to do things like that, and Kronos’s domain is the more Destructive Aspects of Time itself as well, if I recall correctly.

@Everyone

Before I say the following aloud, I offer these 2-3 links, courtesy of SpazMuse of Deviantart in fact.

For N64!-Link from Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask.

Here is only a segment of her gallery, the full view of her gallery is at deviantart.

@LadyRamkin at #623

Based on the gut hunch mixed with Repressed Personal Guilt, yes that’s Exactly how I feel, and I rarely call Him by that 3-letter word if avoidable, and you’re more likely to hear me coin Him as either ‘The Big-G Man’ or Ar-Rashid in fact.

My Confession On-site: Banning Maximus is By Far The WORST DECISION OF FP 2014, and I allowed it to happen, first Admiral GuardianAngel1911 is no more, now Maximus, WHAT MORE ON-SITE IS THERE TO LOSE!?!?!? :evil:

The fact neither of them are no more on gaia is already more than enough for me to not be going to the topia that much to begin with, the fact that people may even deny that getting rid of either or both of them’s a Very Bad decision will only make things worse, and we may as well either go March to Hell itself or just fight the KKK or Westburo by now, say our prayers and then We and Ar-Rashid* can all call it Even!

1.) (Another Name for ‘God’ Himself other than ‘The Big-G Man’ Himself, expect me to call Him ‘The Big-G Man’ or ‘Ar-Rashid’ from time to time since calling Him either is far easier on me than saying His 3-letter Name, okay!?)

28. Friendlysociopath December 16, 2014 at 5:57 pm -      #628

I don’t think increasing the density of the ground does anything to gravity?
    I see where you’re coming from, Link’s Time Slow targets Time to slow down everything, not any individual unit or person.

Compared to how much Percy thinks about noticing normally in fighting, that is uber-slowed down. It’s mostly
    “I’m slow, I’m scared, I’m dead”.
    Him being able to think is him being resistant to it. Him dousing himself in water is him outright canceling it.

29. LadyRamkin December 16, 2014 at 6:15 pm -      #629

“I don’t think increasing the density of the ground does anything to gravity?”

Blackholes are super dense so i figured density. at least i got the point across which is what really matters.

“However, it’s splitting hairs just to say it doesn’t work because of that, almost everyone’s Time Stops works differently at some level, that’s where EC comes into play.”

Usually I would agree with you. But in Percy’s universe there is a time slow effect that is consistent with what Link does. As well as one that is not. And Percy has only shown resistance to the later. He remains blissfully unaware of time effects that encompass a large area and i therefore conclude he cannot resist Link’s time slow, or any character that does it in the same way like Bayonetta.

Now whether or not you agree is another issue entirely but as long as you can see where im coming from i have no issue with us disagreeing. but i get…. “slightly” irate if i feel that i’m being misunderstood. or that my points are simply ignored.

30. LadyRamkin December 16, 2014 at 6:25 pm -      #630

@Commander Cross
    I personally don’t know who either of them are, haven’t really been here long enough i suppose, but i don’t see how it can possibly be your fault that Maximus was banned.

You can not accept blame for actions taken on the part of others. by doing so you deny their own agency in their actions, by denying their agency you deny their beliefs and ideas and by doing that you deny them as a person. Which, if nothing else, is disrespectful to them.

If you feel guilt through perceived inaction on your part, then feeling guilty is not the way to go. You need to look at your past actions, determine what you believe to be wrong. Then in the future you act in a way that you feel is more acceptable to yourself. The only way to make up for past mistakes is to learn from them and make sure such things do not happen again.

31. Friendlysociopath December 16, 2014 at 6:58 pm -      #631

Which? The Lotus? That’s not *only* time distortion, there’s also some sort of mind-fuckery at work in that place to distract everyone. It’s also when Percy is literally just beginning to be a demigod, everything is brand new and unexpected to him.

And the labyrinth is a magical artifact that warps time and space and is quasi sentient- and has mind-fuckery.
    Neither of these structures involves the deliberate time slow that Link does, which is why I’m disagreeing with you on this point.

32. LadyRamkin December 16, 2014 at 7:12 pm -      #632

The lotus hotel, regardless of its mind-fuckery, is a place where time flows at a different rate, is what i think Hades words were. But as you said, Percy was young and inexperienced so i’ll let it go.

The Labyrinth was built by Daedalus, he constructed it. The space/time distortion were built in. Judging by the time period that Percy and Annabeth were in there compared to out side. Every second in the Labyrinth is 30 seconds outside. Now Percy didn’t notice that, and he did Kronos weird Time… power… things. So Percy is experienced enough at the time he should have noticed, but if you want to disregard that, FINE.

Ogygia is stated to have a different rate of time by Calypso. That was set up deliberately by the gods and Percy didn’t notice

Then there is Tartarus, Bob stated that time moves differently there too. And everything in Tartarus is the will of Tartarus. So that seems pretty deliberate too. And again Percy didn’t notice.

Didn’t you already say that Link probably takes round 1? So is this entire conversation pointless or did you change your mind?

Also, the Labyrinth doesn’t have mind-fuckery. Just heavy mist abuse.

33. Friendlysociopath December 16, 2014 at 7:15 pm -      #633

No, I agreed with you- somebody brought it back up and it WASN’T ME.

34. LadyRamkin December 16, 2014 at 7:18 pm -      #634

Well, i suppose the issue needs to be settled, get the full range of variables set and everything, make sure that if we ever get around to voting a winner everything is taken into account.

Though there are only about 4 of us really debating it. So it probably wont get the award anyway.

And i need to go to bed. Going to see some friends until the 22nd from tomorrow, so im gonna be away for a while.

35. Ellie Williams December 16, 2014 at 7:38 pm -      #635

If there’s a BankGambling chat, invite me please. I’m the_sony_girl on skype.

36. LadyRamkin December 22, 2014 at 10:30 am -      #636

Back

@Commander Cross
    How is your research going?

37. nsl98 January 4, 2015 at 11:29 am -      #637

So, I forgot this thread was here. Where were we in debating? Does Link’s magic work on Percy or something?

38. LadyRamkin January 4, 2015 at 4:30 pm -      #638

Well, everyone seems to agree that Link wins round one due to time slow whether Percy can resist it or not. But we still disagree on whether or not he can resist it, which doesnt really matter if we all agree he wins

Round 2 i think is fairly even TBH but the majority seem to be leaning toward Percy.

Round 3 is…. well. Link can be drowned by Percy but HW Link has limited resistance to drowning and can rapidly spawn in miniature Majoras mask moons and drop them on Percy’s head.

Round 3 Defiantly ends quickly but who actually takes it hasn’t been decided,

39. nsl98 January 4, 2015 at 6:54 pm -      #639

Doesn’t Percy have the speed to avoid the moon pieces though?

40. LadyRamkin January 5, 2015 at 2:58 am -      #640

They are very large (compared to a person), and fall quite quickly, come out of literally nowhere and can be made quite rapidly. Percy really would need foreknowledge of them to start dodging before they are created. Even if he did dodge the first one Link can make another one almost instantly.

And even if Percy can dodge them all he wont be able to counter attack with them constantly falling out the sky. He will have to drown Link at the start or get crushed. That’s how is see it anyway.

41. LadyRamkin January 12, 2015 at 10:28 am -      #641

So, I think Link takes round 1 and round 3. If nobody wants to argue with that then Link wins the debate.

Then it has to be decided whether o not its a stomp. If it is then Link doesn’t get the award.

Either way this thread can be put to rest, everyone has clearly lost interest in it anyway.

and what I mean by “If nobody wants to argue with that” is that, if my view is accepted. Just to avoid any misunderstandings.

42. Friendlysociopath January 12, 2015 at 11:48 am -      #642

Eh, not really up for debating this anymore but Round 3 isn’t close. Link might be resistant to drowning but Percy can just summon large amounts of water and command it to hold Link in place until he drowns. The holding bit is actually something Percy could do for all of his battles.
    Resistance =/= immunity

43. LadyRamkin January 12, 2015 at 12:26 pm -      #643

“Resistance =/= immunity”

True but Percy wouldn’t know about Links resistance and while trying to drown him Link could drop a moon on his head.

Actually Percy would have to call water from a near by source to use any of his water powers, unless there is a shell nearby. In which case, match starts, Link drops a moon on him.

44. Friendlysociopath January 12, 2015 at 12:50 pm -      #644

Link’s not going to be able to move under a couple tons of water being commanded to hold him still. And Percy would just hold him there till he dies. Also, his resistance doesn’t make him immune to it, especially when the water would be actively trying to drown him.
    (Link’s resistance is to some form of magical drowning anyways so I don’t even see why it would be relevant against regular drowning)

Firstly, we’ve seen him call water from a large distance away and it arrives near instantly, so long as water is near the battlefield Percy will have it.
    Secondly, nope, we went over this already- Percy can spawn large quantities of water by himself. Exactly how much water is slightly vague- the word ‘tidal-wave’ is mentioned and I would imagine it takes a lot of water to react with lava to cause a volcano to actually erupt.

Also, that moon does not come incredibly fast and the area it hits is not incredibly wide. Percy should be more than capable of dodging that.

45. LadyRamkin January 12, 2015 at 1:15 pm -      #645

“Firstly, we’ve seen him call water from a large distance away and it arrives near instantly”

When?

“we went over this already- Percy can spawn large quantities of water by himself.”

“Also, that moon does not come incredibly fast -”

It comes down fairly quickly, unless Percy sees it coming dodging isn’t gonna be easy.

“and the area it hits is not incredibly wide”

Wide enough to hit multiple targets, and the moon explodes

Percy should be more than capable of dodging that.”

And while dodging Link can make another one.

seriously this time. That feat is completely unquantifiable. He only ever did it once. Even in situations when he really should have done.

46. Friendlysociopath January 12, 2015 at 1:33 pm -      #646

When?

Battle of the Labyrinth, calls on the creek that’s more than half a mile away. Seeing as water needs to be around somewhere, that should be well within reason for it to be at least that close to the fight.

That sounds familiar. Now go find the evidence that was posted and disprove it if you disagree.

Because Percy has so much else to focus on besides Link and the things Link is doing. Also, water increases all of his physical attributes, he’s already near bullet-timer (Yes yes you disagree) without the water, add water in and he’s not going to be touched by Link.
    Huh, I’m seeing a quote for dodging tanks shooting at him too, odd.

And while dodging Link can make another one.

And while dodging Percy can call water to stop Link, or Percy can just dodge and then kill Link as he has far superior speed feats than Hyrule Warriors Link.
    Or better yet, Percy can just deflect it using water like he does to enemy cannonballs in Son of Neptune.

47. OriginalA January 12, 2015 at 1:53 pm -      #647

“Percy can just dodge and then kill Link as he has far superior speed feats than Hyrule Warriors Link.”

I so want to jokingly suggest that HW Link is transonic because one of his attacks has what looks somewhat like a stylized Mach Cone forming around him while he charges forward.

I won’t because I know it isn’t true, but I still find it a humorous thought.

48. nsl98 January 12, 2015 at 5:17 pm -      #648

Calling water from a distance:

“The nearest water was the creek, half a mile away, but I had to do something. I concentrated. There was a pull in my gut, a roar in my ears. Then a wall of water came rushing through the trees.”

-Battle of the Labryinth p. 213

—–

“Huh, I’m seeing a quote for dodging tanks shooting at him too, odd.”
    —–

@Friendly

When did Percy dodge heavy artillery fire?

49. Friendlysociopath January 12, 2015 at 5:49 pm -      #649

When did Percy dodge heavy artillery fire?

I’m just going off a respect thread, looks like it happened it The Demigod Files and I don’t have that.
    I think it was aim-dodging, or at least that’s what I’m assuming since I don’t have any evidence beyond “Percy can dodge tank fire.”

50. nsl98 January 12, 2015 at 6:29 pm -      #650

@Friendly

This is great! I have Demigod Files, and looked for the passage:

“The chariot refashioned itself into s black metal box with caterpillar treads, a turret, and a long barrel. A tank. I recognized it from this research report I’d had to do for history class. Phobos was grinning at me from the top of a World War II panzer.
    “Say cheese!” he said.
    I rolled to one side as the gun fired.”

Demigod Files p. 21

51. nsl98 January 12, 2015 at 8:46 pm -      #651

Bump, cuz now we have more feats to look at. I completely forgot about Demigod Files.

52. Friendlysociopath January 12, 2015 at 9:15 pm -      #652

Found the feat for blocking cannonballs with only the water from a garden hose.
    Son of Neptune, page 376
    “Why there was a garden hose on the roof, Frank wasn’t sure, but every time the giants sent up a cannonball, Percy summoned a high-powered blast of water and detonated the sphere in midair”

And while we’re at it

Percy’s personal hurricane in action,
    Son of Neptune, page 455
    “Percy was fighting like a whirlwind. In fact..he was a whirlwind. A miniature hurricane of water and ice vapor churned around him as he waded through the enemy, knocking Roman ghosts away, deflecting arrows and spears.”
    Later on the page says “scattering their shields with his personal cyclone” meaning his winds are high enough to either throw the people around or strip them of their shields.

And water hands, which were also mentioned in the first book but also here
    Son of Neptune, page 25-26
    “Percy thrust out his hands. An intense tugging sensation filled his gut, and the Tiber obeyed his will. The river surged. Whirlpools formed on either side of Frank. Giant watery hands erupted from the stream, copying Percy’s movements.”

Add that to Percy being able to manipulate and produce thousands of gallons of water and yeah, he can catch and debilitate Link fairly easily in spite of Link’s attempts to fight.

53. nsl98 January 12, 2015 at 9:29 pm -      #653

And with that, I nominate Percy Jackson for the BankGambling Award, for taking Rounds 2&3

54. nsl98 January 13, 2015 at 8:28 am -      #654

Percy for the FP award

55. LadyRamkin January 13, 2015 at 12:04 pm -      #655

@Friendlysociopath post #625
    ………really? REALLY?!?!? You couldn’t have posted that 4 pages and 10 books ago? RANDOM FLUCTUATIONS IN THE SPACE TIME CONTINUUM DAMMIT. *sigh*

Still not voting Percy for the BankGambling award. seems a bit stompy to me.

I will say though that those canon balls were designed to explode on impact. Percy might have been hitting them just hard enough to cause them to detonate not actually blowing them apart.

GD, WR (Good debate, well reasoned)

56. nsl98 January 13, 2015 at 12:53 pm -      #656

@Ramkin

Same too you too. Just curious, how is it stompy? And hey, at least you got to read a good series.

57. Friendlysociopath January 13, 2015 at 1:10 pm -      #657

I don’t really vote for BankGambling awards, I’m told those are for the elite debates where all the stops get pulled out.
    That said, hydrokinesis ftw.

58. nsl98 January 13, 2015 at 2:10 pm -      #658

@Friendly

So, like, 1,000 comments or more?

59. Commander Cross January 13, 2015 at 4:19 pm -      #659

I’m at the Earth Temple, just got to the part where WW/PH Link got the Mirror Shield, is it time to go check on that item again some more?

60. nsl98 January 14, 2015 at 2:10 pm -      #660

@Cross

Not really. Percy doesn’t have projectiles to be reflected back at him and there’s not much else the Mirror Shield could be used for.

61. Commander Cross January 14, 2015 at 4:53 pm -      #661

@Nsl98 at #660

You and everyone else would know that The Mirror Shield itself isn’t the item I was asking about, although it helps without a doubt.

Anyway, thank you for replying back to the fight with Max Daniels, ever since the likes of Officers Maximus and GuardianAngel1911 were no more, I really didn’t have much sparks in me left to return firing back.
    Now that you responded to that other matter, I might just be swayed to get back and regroup in person actually.

62. nsl98 January 14, 2015 at 4:59 pm -      #662

@Cross

Yeah, no prob. I was just checking some old Percy threads. I think we’ll need a Daniels supporter to revive it though.

63. Commander Cross January 14, 2015 at 5:32 pm -      #663

@Nsl98 at #662

If it were so simple, I would have just gone to pit Max Daniels against (The Original!-)Kite or Haseo of the Dot Hack(.Hack) universe at the most equal incarnations possible, the latter more so than the former since the latter’s utterly influenced by Cu Chulainn in fact. (Which if you check Max Daniels’ pedigree would be kind of funny, really.)

Unless someone from Sword Art Online wants to humor me and propose Max Daniels vs Kirito of Sword Art Online, which granted is fairer than either Max or Kirito vs Post-Changes Harry Dresden but next to the two above, doesn’t make quite as much sense.

Anyone from the Tales Games FriendlySociopath may recommend, like Shing Meteoryte/Kor Meteor or Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia even?(Been a while since the latter’s got a fight at all.)

1 5 6 7