Percy Jackson Vs Link

Percy Jackson Vs Link

Suggested by nsl98

Percy Jackson faces Link (Legend of Zelda) in three different scenarios:

Round 1: Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Link. No time stops. Every other item allowed.

Round 2: Twilight Princess Link.

Round 3: Hyrule Warriors Link.

Best two out of three wins.

Who prevails?

« Previous 1 2 3 4

338 Comments on "Percy Jackson Vs Link"

1. nsl98 November 20, 2014 at 7:01 pm -      #101

I’ve also posted several other feats of Percy earlier in the thread

2. Ciridae Hunter November 20, 2014 at 7:03 pm -      #102

It’s been a while, Commander-how are you? You don’t post as much as when I first got on the site.

Since all items are able to be used, WW/PH has an upper hand since the giant leaf in WW lets him ride winds-a mini hurricane would count in that respect-and probably wouldn’t do too much harm if he was carried by them since the leaf would be like a parachute. The others would definitely receive some damage or-if they had my luck in life-would break their necks and die.

3. Ciridae Hunter November 20, 2014 at 7:05 pm -      #103

Then again, TP does have the Iron Boots, so they would characteristically keep TP from being rag dolled around but would make any fast movement impossible.

4. nsl98 November 20, 2014 at 7:05 pm -      #104

@Cridae
    Do you have a vid of this giant leaf being used?

5. Ciridae Hunter November 20, 2014 at 7:13 pm -      #105

I don’t have a video but the item is called the Deku Leaf-you get it from the Deku Tree.

6. Commander Cross November 20, 2014 at 7:22 pm -      #106

@Nsl98 at #101

I’ve noticed, most of the ones listed thus far are only ‘Tip-of-The-Iceberg’ stuff at most.

Later on when I’m not reading The Throne of Fire by Richard ‘Rick’ Riordan, I’ll see if I can’t provide more quotes when needed on some of the things I’ve said and noted.

@Ciridae Hunter at #102

Like I said before, people dear to me have died before July 2014 happened, I’m already trying to sort out how to keep the ones that are left as Safe and Sound as possible and to be honest, it’s not easy at all.

I confess you can say it includes the deviantart artist for the following (N64!-)Link especially, though the Artist isn’t the only one on that list.

Truth be told, I know my days on-this-site are numbered one way or another, I’m just working to make the most out of the time I have.

At the end, whatever harm has transpired from around November to December 2013, all the way to July 2014 and counting is mainly my fault, and I’m taking full blame for what happened, including what happened behind my back.

May The Lord Himself and whatever ‘family’ He may have, forgive me, because I honest-to-The-Lord DOUBT those I never wanted to harm will do that.

@Everyone else

From here on out, I can tell it’s gonna get worse before it gets any better, but I implore we keep moving forward with this fight, anything less will have me plead for Mercy and it’s not something any of us would want, right now.

Just simply request me to fetch the quote of The Multi-Vitamins and I’ll hop to it personally, courtesy of The Sea of Monsters novel itself, okay?

7. nsl98 November 20, 2014 at 7:23 pm -      #107

Alright. I did a little research. That deku leaf could be pretty useful if Percy goes hurricane mode.

And heres my personal opinion:

WW\PH Link
    Could go either way

TP
    Probably Percy

HW
    Pretty even, leaning towards Link

8. Ciridae Hunter November 20, 2014 at 7:31 pm -      #108

WW/PH could go to Link so long as he used his items in a creative way. For example, this “Time Stop” in PH (played the game and it never really felt like time stopped) while rocking the hurricane with the Deku Leaf then-while airborne-he could freeze Percy with an Ice Arrow or two and do a Mortal Kombat finisher with the Skull Hammer. If he gets, caught, however, then Percy will most probably just tank him down-though this Link is a small target.

9. Commander Cross November 20, 2014 at 7:34 pm -      #109

There’s a bloody good reason why I asked about The Multi-Vitamins, so is now as bloody good a time as ever to go nab that quote?

I was hoping no Fatalities were needed, personally.

In any case, well if needed I’ll go nab a copy of TSoM and see if I can’t find it there, I know the exact quote exists and so long as they’re active, Direct Magic Attacks won’t work so long as the Multi-Vitamins are active.
    Indirect/Non-Direct Magic Attacks are fair game though, and any Magic-Using Links have other ways to dish out Harm than just Magic alone.
    ‘Spells aren’t everything’ I once heard a Witch Lady say, well no time like the present to put that saying to the test.

10. nsl98 November 20, 2014 at 7:41 pm -      #110

@Cridae
    How is Link going to shoot an arrow, while holding on (with both hands) to a leaf while being buffeted by feirce winds?

11. Ciridae Hunter November 20, 2014 at 7:45 pm -      #111

TP would have to keep his distance or keep to using the sword techniques he learns from the spirit Stalfos guy (appears as a white energy wolf, supposedely an incarnate of the Hero) to use the Master Sword’s length to his advantage.

Before I continue, I forgot about the Multi-Vitamins so thank you, Commander, but I just said Mortal Combat finisher because it is the only game that really puts emphasis on the pre-win showboating that WW/PH Link would do.

TP Link, since he doesn’t use magic, would be unaffected by the vitamins but would be affected by Percy’s moves, so his best bet for victory is to use his bombs and bomb arrows to stun Percy and then hit him with a surprise Iron Ball attack to knock him out.

Percy will probably win, since he is much faster and uses magic-even Wolf Link wouldn’t beat him.

12. Ciridae Hunter November 20, 2014 at 7:46 pm -      #112

While Time Stop is active, he can let go of the leaf, get his bow the way only the bottomless inventory works, and then fire.

13. nsl98 November 20, 2014 at 7:49 pm -      #113

How is he going to activate Time Stop if Percy is coming at him with a Sword? Or chucking hurricanes at him?

14. Ciridae Hunter November 20, 2014 at 7:53 pm -      #114

He could use the grappling hook to get out of range, or sail the leaf to a good location, or he could use bombs to force Percy to dispel the hurricane or risk injury, or he could use the Mirror Shield to temporarily blind Percy so he will not know where Link is. I would need sleep to think of other ways to activate Time Stop.

15. Commander Cross November 20, 2014 at 7:56 pm -      #115

@Ciridae Hunter at #111

To be fair, its likely The Stalfos Ghost you’re mentioning’s hinted to be the Spirit of N64!-Link, the guy whom I just linked a fan-art towards by someone very dear to me along with being a talented and gifted Artist as well.

True enough on that regard, I’d find it Highly Ironic and disturbing if HW Link doesn’t have those kinds of Potential Fatalities, he better be packing A LOT OF HEAT in the form of Brutalities to make-up for that.

Also trust me, IF Percy manages to beat WW/PH Link in Combative regards, I’d hope the most Percy would do afterward is to inflict a painful HELL of a Heroic Brutality to Neutralize* WW/PH Link afterward.

Oddly enough I can’t say I’m too hopeful on the other Links for some reason or another, I doubt anyone at all’s to blame for it but either way, I’m not gonna hold my breath.

It’s only a matter of time before the rest of what’s left arrives to the fighting, there is no doubt in my mind about it and then I’d have to pull out all the stops as much as possible as well rather than just laying down Tactics and Strategies alone.

1.) (Preferably Non-Fatally Speaking.)

16. nsl98 November 20, 2014 at 7:59 pm -      #116

Grappling Hook: Not fast enough to even faze Percy

Sailing the Leaf: Okay, but is Link good enough to pilot it during feirce winds?

Bombs: Maybe, but the hurricane nullifies most projectiles

Mirror Shield: Gonna need more info

Enjoy your rest.

17. nsl98 November 20, 2014 at 8:02 pm -      #117

@CC
    I was thinking Percy forces Link to choke on his bodily fluids and then blows him up with increased water pressure as his fatality.

18. Friendlysociopath November 20, 2014 at 8:07 pm -      #118

Link’s Time Stops require him to be given Phantom Orbs by an outside character every time, so it’s not really his equipment. That’s how I’ve always seen it anyways.

Percy has his vitamins? Those pretty much no-sell magic if he does, they reverse enemy active magic effects and will prevent him from being harmed by any until the vitamins wear off. Annabeth eats one and Circe’s magic becomes unable to do anything to her. It also reverses Percy’s brief stint as a Guinea Pig.
    Quotes would only be technically needed if someone asks for proof.

Considering Percy is apparently a bullet-timer, I’m inclined to believe he can dodge/deflect anything most Links can throw at him, the exception being magic- which is where the vitamins come in.

19. nsl98 November 20, 2014 at 8:10 pm -      #119

I don’t think Percy’s vitamins are standard equipment. As far as I know, he hasn’t had them since Sea of Monsters

20. nsl98 November 20, 2014 at 8:14 pm -      #120

@Friendly
    While the Earthquake power is useful, IMO its the most physically taxing on him as he’s only used it once to my knowledge.

21. Commander Cross November 20, 2014 at 8:24 pm -      #121

@Nsl98 at #117

That’s IF Percy winds up going for The Kill though, and while WW/PH Link may not be likely to be the Link hit with it if any of the ones listed wind up dead, either way I’m not gonna be able to guarantee WW/PH Link’s Medical Insurance going unscathed, that’s for sure.

IF Percy beats either TP or HW Link, and IF he winds up killing them, someone can be our guest to write that display in if they’d want.

There’s another reason why I’d be asking in regards to The Multi-Vitamins, because IF they get in play, how many of them would Percy be allowed for a fight like this, depending on which Link listed we’re talking about?

Like I said, they’re only good for a few minutes(5 minutes being likely) before they wear out in effects, but if they’re in play and a set exact limit on how many’s considered, 5 or 15 minutes may be all that’s needed, not unlike The Blessings of Merlin in those regards, albeit only temporary in contrasted use.

Like I said, If they’re in play, I highly recommend you factor in the exact amount allowed, otherwise this might kill the enjoyment out of a match like this if too many are allowed, and that’s not anything I’d want in my conscience either.

Also, How Magic-Reliant is HW!-Link next to the other two Links listed?
    I know TP Link isn’t Magic-Reliant despite having the Blood of N64!-Link in his veins so he has nothing to worry about, thus they are moot.

WW/PH Link might still have Bombchus, they’d serve as an irritation not to be left unchecked just in case and I highly doubt WW/PH Link is totally Magic-reliant.*

Also fair to warn you, the Novels have been horrible about stating whether or not Percy or Annabeth would have the Multi-Vitamins on them, at least with The Nemean Lion Armor or The River Styx Enhancements, we’d understand why they’re definitely not there from the get-go.

1.) (Expect me to say JIC most of the time.)

22. nsl98 November 20, 2014 at 8:39 pm -      #122

@CC
    I think HW Link has a fire rod.

23. nsl98 November 20, 2014 at 9:14 pm -      #123

Crap, I meant Magic Rod, it does have fire properties though. Its in post 73

24. Envoy November 20, 2014 at 9:40 pm -      #124

The time stop is not allowed in round one, unless Hyrule warriors has one then it isn’t even a factor.
    “Warriors Link is the hero chosen by the gods, he is super skilled because he is link the reincarnation of the Hero’s spirit. He has no inherent magic, he doesn’t even get his power from the Triforce of courage since he is still that good even when he loses it. He is just that good.”
    The Triforce has never done anything for Link other than turn him into a bunny and wolf, it has never granted him skills or super strength.
    In Skyward Sword’s Hero Mode you’re allowed the use of the endgame skyward strike from the beginning. According to some in-game text, this is because Link’s souls caries subconscious memories of using it before. If such an ability exists then it would explain why all Links just pick up random weapons with no training and use them perfectly.
    Hylia just made the Hero’s Spirit that way.
    “…to stun Percy and then hit him with a surprise Iron Ball attack to knock him out.”
    Ball & Chain needs to swung over head before it’s thrown and generally slow, you’re talking street fighter levels of stun now.
    “…or he could use the Mirror Shield to temporarily blind Percy so he will not know where Link is. ”
    ???
    “Of interesting note: Percy also has the ability to manipulate the earth via earthquakes.”
    I guess I’m just not remembering when that happened.

25. nsl98 November 20, 2014 at 9:50 pm -      #125

@Envoy
    Hephaestus implies that Percy can do it in Battle of the Labryinth

26. Envoy November 20, 2014 at 10:12 pm -      #126

“Hephaestus implies that Percy can do it in Battle of the Labryinth”
    I know, but its being discussed as if he can do it on demand, which he can’t. It really isn’t viable unless we’re fighting in a Lethal Lava Land.

27. nsl98 November 20, 2014 at 10:14 pm -      #127

True that. I think the hurricane is more useful anyway.

28. Envoy November 20, 2014 at 10:19 pm -      #128

@nsl98
    It is, and its causal at this point in the series too.

29. Commander Cross November 20, 2014 at 10:53 pm -      #129

If we wanted to think even deeper, it’s possible that The Original Spirit of The Hero may even be referring to The Players’ Influences in hindsight as well, even going so far as to guide a Newly Existing Soul to a Road to carve out their own Legend.

While I have no clue if either Percy or any of his first cousins could deal with Demise unless special circumstances were in play, I also have no clue if any of the Links could have dealt with the Primordials that DID have to be opposed, I.E the likes of Gaea(Grandmother Earth) and Tartarus, I don’t think if you’ve been able to swap their enemies out that they’d be able to accomplish dealing with them on their lonesome, that much is obvious.

I have no clue about The Spirit of The Hero in HW though, and how it worked for HW!-Link or his comrades like HW!-Zelda in fact, my take on it is that The Players may or may not have influenced the Spirit somehow, but the exact details elude me.

If I ever get to play HW, one of the things I ought to do is go figure out how things work and all that jazz, and maybe see about getting more remote controls while I’m at it.

30. StarkTangent November 21, 2014 at 1:19 am -      #130

My Percey Jackson knowledge is limited to the original series. Based on that:

Round 1: Probably Percy, unless there is something I’m forgetting. WW link just doesn’t have the training ot sheer power to take out Percy.

Round 2: Link takes it handedly. I don’t recall Percy doing anything to match some of TP Link’s feats, including lifting gorons, fighting metaphysical (Is that the word?) demons and riding dragons. On top of that, there’s his wolf form, which would give him a considerable speed advantage. Percy’s only advantage would be his curse of achilles, but I can thing of more than one hidden skill that targets the opponents back. It seems to be a common thing for Link to do. I doubt he would even need to know where the weekspot is. (In reality, that is a horrible spot. What about like the bottom of your pinky toe or something?)

Round 3: Link again. I haven’t seen much from Hyrule Warriors, but what I have seen seems to put Link on par (or at least close to) with the likes of Kratos.

Again, I’ve only read The lightning Thief through the Last Olympian.

31. Commander Cross November 21, 2014 at 3:49 am -      #131

@StarkTangent at #130

I’m gonna opt to withhold any and all detailed spoilers in this response, but let’s also agree that TP Link ought to be relieved he’s not fighting the likes of Herakles/Hercules himself, because some versions of Herakles/Hercules can and would kill Infernals for sport as well.
    TP Link’s Wolf Form does present an edge in mobility if Midna’s allowed to in-directly interfere and whatnot, but how does that affect Combat Speed in TP Link’s favor again?
    Percy may not be the one who rides Dragons in here but he may wind up meeting those who’d do that kind of thing for sport and all that jazz.
    I’d wonder about one of the Lungs if that’s a viable option, but getting hit either way would be bad, no lies.
    ——-

Also fair to warn you that The Curse of Achilles where The River Styx Enhancements have codified also accelerates Percy’s Combative Evolution in exchange for Percy’s Stamina burning out 5 times as fast, and his Sanity and Psychological Well-being going more rapidly unstable, so TP and HW Links are far from the only ones around here packing Military Weapons Grade!-Overkill if needed.

It’s still Fair to warn you as well that even if Riptide’s not guaranteed to harm TP Link despite N64 Link’s blood in TP Link’s veins, if I were TP Link, I’d hang on to the Ordon Sword as well in case whoever I was up against gets any bright ideas.
    So oddly enough in those respects, while I can’t recall whether or not The Master Sword would inflict any fatal Harm on Percy beyond the usual ‘Don’t get hit with the weapon, you fool’, I can’t guarantee that Riptide will hurt TP Link at all either.

I know that both Riptide and The Master Sword are Indestructible for what it’s worth but as far as I know, neither Percy nor TP Link are using either Weapon at their most Uber stages, either.*
    ——

So this also boils down to Combat Speed, Skill and Determination, I doubt Percy’s lacking the former and latter and TP Link has the latter two in spades, on top of being a Blade-Master.

This fight is gonna be HARD, This fight will be AWESOME!

1.) (Remember when I said that ALttP/Oracles/L.A Link would have had this matter as his fight to lose?Well this link is one of the reasons why, in all it’s dangerously Cosmic Glory is The Master Sword at its Most Powerful.
    As for Riptide, I’ll admit this still doesn’t look like Riptide when it first existed but keep in mind the Sword was a lot longer when Herakles/Hercules was using it.
    This part’s gonna be like watching Excalibur vs Riptide if anyone wants to go there, isn’t it?
    The Ironic thing is that WW/PH Link’s closer to having The Master Sword at its True Powers than TP Link is.
    Both Weapons actually have a Tragic Past when one thinks about it long enough, but for now we’ll withhold it until later in this matter.)

32. LadyRamkin November 21, 2014 at 5:52 am -      #132

“WW/PH Link didn’t have The Spirit of The Hero that started with Skyward Sword!-Link though, he had to craft a Brand New ‘Spirit of The Hero’ from scratch.”

How do you figure?
    Ganondorf in WindWaker even refers to Link as the Hero of time reborn. If you directly translate the original Japanese you get
    “Very good, that exactly is the reincarnation of the Hero of Time…”
    If he had to build the spirit from scratch ,something that The goddess Hylia had to do the first time, why would Ganondorf say that?

bit where he says it.

33. nsl98 November 21, 2014 at 6:08 am -      #133

@Stark
    Current Percy doesn’t have the curse any more. And most of his durability feats come without the curse.

34. nsl98 November 21, 2014 at 6:19 am -      #134

And hasn’t Percy already beaten Kratos on this site?

35. DevilMayArgue November 21, 2014 at 7:04 am -      #135

I couldn’t tell you. I haven’t been on her in a long time. What’s Percy Jackon’s greatest durability feat? The greatest one I can think of for TP link atm is when he was launched out of the sky from a cannon into water. I dom’t know the exact height, but he was at least moving at terminal velocity. So that’s pretty impressive.

36. DevilMayArgue November 21, 2014 at 7:13 am -      #136

Also, what is the greatest strength feat for Percy? Speed?

I’ve not played WW or HW, so I don’t have much knowledge there.

37. nsl98 November 21, 2014 at 8:37 am -      #137

@Devil
    I posted feats for Percy earlier in the thread

38. nsl98 November 21, 2014 at 8:58 am -      #138

And why do people bring up Wolf mode? That requires Midna.

39. Envoy November 21, 2014 at 12:22 pm -      #139

Percy about Minotaur.
    “He seemed larger than the last time I’d seen him-ten feet tall at least.”
    -Page 183, Chapter 11 “We Break A Bridge”, The Last Olympian.
    Percy tosses Minotaur.
    “The Minotaur didn’t even slow down.
    CRUNCH
    He looked down in surprise at the axe handle sprouting from his breastplate.
    “Thanks for playing,” I told him.
    I lifted him by his legs and tossed him over the side of the bridge.”
    -Page 187,Chapter 11 “We Break A Bridge”, The Last Olympian.
    Percy’s fighting style.
    “Part of their problem was Percy. He fought like a demon, whirling through the defenders’ ranks in a completely unorthodox style, rolling under their feet, slashing with his sword instead of stabbing like a Roman would, whacking campers with the flat of his blade, and generally causing mass panic. Octavian screamed in a shrill voice—maybe ordering the First Cohort to stand their ground, maybe trying to sing soprano—but Percy put a stop to it. He somer saulted over a line of shields and slammed the butt of his sword into Octavian’s helmet. The centurion collapsed like a sock puppet.”
    -Chapter 12, The Son Of Neptune
    Size of the shields Percy somersaulted over.
    “In front of the legionnaires, like a line of giant dominoes, stood their red and gold shields, each the size of a refrigerator door.”
    -Chapter 7, The Son Of Neptune
    Percy beats a Cyclopes.
    “My anger swelled. I couldn’t believe I’d come this far, lost Tyson, suffered through so much, only to fail-stopped by a big stupid monster in a baby-blue tuxedo kilt.

Strength coursed through my body. I raised my sword and attacked, forgetting that I was hopelessly outmatched. I jabbed the Cyclops in the belly. When he doubled over I smacked him in the nose with the hilt of my sword. I slashed and kicked and bashed until the next thing I knew, Polyphemus was sprawled on his back dazed and groaning, and I was standing above him, the tip of my sword hovering above his eye.”
    -Page 218-219, Chapter 15 “Nobody Gets The Fleece”, The Sea Of Monsters.
    Percy about the Cyclopes
    “The room shook as the boulder was pushed aside. Looming in the doorway was a Cyclopes so huge he made Tyson look vertically challenged. He had jagged yellow teeth and gnarled hands as big as my whole body. He wore a faded purple T-shirt that said WORLD SHEEP EXPO 2001. He must’ve been at least 15 feet tall, but the most startling thing was his enormous milky eye, scared and webbed with cataracts.”
    -Page 116, Chapter 8 “We Board The Princess Andromeda”, The Sea Of Monsters.
    Percy catches the Golden Fleece.
    “The gold ram skin sailed through the air like a glittering shag Frisbee. I caught it with a grunt. It was heavier than I’d expected-sixty or seventy pounds of precious gold wool.”
    -Page 221, Chapter 15 “Nobody Gets The Fleece”, The Sea Of Monsters.
    Percy’s abilities grow over time.
    “Many of Percy’s powers had gotten stronger over the years, but now, too late, Percy realized that swordplay wasn’t one of them.”
    -Chapter 30, The Mark Of Athena.
    Close quarters combat.
    “I drew Riptide. I’m sure I looked teryfiying with a potted carnation in the other hand, so I put it down.

We stood back-to-back. Thalia notched an arrow.

The lead daimon lunged. Nico was surprised it might so suprised it might have slashed him to bits, but Thalia shot an arrow point-blank into its ugly bat face, and the creature disintegrated.
    The rest of them charged. Thalia dropped her bow and drew her knives. I ducked as Nico’s sword whistled over my head, cutting a daimon in half. I sliced and jabbed, and three or four Keres exploded around me, but more just kept coming.”
    Page 110-111, The Demigod Files.
    Percy fights Ares.
    “I kept my feet in the surf, backing into the water up to my ankles.

He cleaved downward towards my head, but I wasn’t there. My body thought for me. The water seemed to push me into the air and I catapulted over him, slashing as I came down. But Ares was just as quick. He twisted, and the strike that should’ve caught him directly in the spine was deflected off the end of his sword hilt.

He slashed again and I was forced to jump onto dry land. I tried to sidestep, to get back to water, but Ares seemed to know what I wanted. He outmaneuvered me, pressing so hard I had to put all my concentration on not getting sliced to pieces. I kept backing away from the surf. I couldn’t find any openings to attack. His sword had a reach several feet longer than Anaklusmos.

I stepped inside with a thrust, but Ares was waiting for that. He knocked my blade out of my hands and kicked me in the chest. I went airborne-twenty, maybe thirty feet. I would’ve broken my back if I hadn’t crashed into the soft sand of a dune.

I rolled to one side as Ares’s blade slashed the sand. I ran for my sword, scooped it up, and launched a swipe at Ares’s face, only to find my blade deflected again.
    Ares seemed to know exactly what I was going to do the moment I did it.
    I stepped back toward the surf, forcing him to follow.
    “Admit it, kid,” Ares said. “You’ve got no hope. I’m just toying with you.”
    My senses were working overtime. I now understood what Annabeth had said about ADHD keeping you alive in battle. I was wide awake, noticing every little detail.
    I could see where Ares was tensing. I could tell which way he would strike. At the same time, I was aware of Annabeth and Grover, thirty feet to my left.

He slashed. I deflected his blade. I got close enough to strike, tried to fake him out with a feint, but my blow was knocked aside. The waves were hitting me in the back now. Ares was up to his thighs, wading in after me.
    I felt the rhythm of the sea, the waves growing larger as the tide rolled in, and suddenly I had an idea. Little waves, I thought. And the water behind me seemed to recede. I was holding back the tide by force of will, but tension was building, like carbonation behind a rock.
    Ares came toward, grinning confidently. I lowered my blade, as if I were too exhausted to go on. Wait for it, I told the sea. The pressure now was almost lifting me off my feet. Ares raised his sword. I released the tide and jumped, rocketing straight over Ares on a wave.
    A six foot wall of water smashed him full in the face, leaving him cursing and sputtering with a mouth full of seaweed. I landed behind him with a splash and feinted as I’d done before. He turned in time to raise his sword, but this time he was disoriented, he didn’t anticipate the trick. I changed direction, lunged to the side, and stabbed Riptide straight down into the water, sending the point through the god’s heel.”
    Page 326-330, Chapter 20 “I Battle My Jerk Relative”, The Lightning Thief.
    Riptide’s cutting strength.
    “Beckendorf grinned as he pressed a button on his command console. Steel cables shot through the front of his mechanical, wrapping around our back rail.

Annabeth cursed and drew her knife. She hacked at the cables but they were too thick.

She pulled to the front and grabbed the reigns. I turned, trying hard to keep my footing, and uncapped Riptide.
    I slashed down and the cables snapped like kite string.”
    Page 265-266, “The Chariot Race Ends With A Bang”, The Sea O f Monsters.
    Percy’s blade cuts bone.
    “My sword flashed-slicing off one horn, then the other.”
    -Page 187, Chapter 11 “We Break A Bridge”, The Last Olympian.
    Percy’s blade cuts metal.
    “I didn’t wait for her answer. I took out Riptide and slashed through her chains.”
    -Chapter 17 “I Put On A Few Million Extra Pounds”, The Titan’s Curse
    Riptide follows Percy, as long as he has a pocket.
    “I was wearing a white cotton T-shirt and cotton drawstring pants that weren’t mine.

In a moment of panic, I wondered what happened to Riptide, but I felt my pocket and there was my pen, right where it always reappeared.”
    -Page 208, Chapter 12 “I Take A Permanent Vacation”, The Battle of the Labyrinth.
    Water refills Percy’s stamina.
    “By the time he called a break, I was soaked in sweat. Everybody swarmed the drinks cooler. Luke poured ice water on his head, which looked like it was a good idea , I did the same.
    Instantly I felt better. Strength surged back into my arms. The sword didn’t feel so awkward.”
    Page 109-110, Chapter 8 “We Capture A Flag”, The Lightning Thief.
    More water enhanced combat.
    “One of her Cabinmates slashed his sword across my arm, leaving a good-size cut.

He pushed me into the creek and I landed with a splash.

But then something happened . The water seemed to wake up my senses, as if I’d just had a bag of my mom’s double-expresso jelly beans.
    Clarisse and her cabinmates came into the creek to get me, but I stood to meet them. I knew what to do. I swung the flat of my sword against the first guy’s head and knocked his helmet clean off. I hit him so hard I could see his eyes vibrating as he crumpled into the water.

…but Clarisse kept coming, the point of her spear crackling with energy. As soon she thrust, I caught the shaft between the edge of my shield and my sword, and I snapped it like a twig.”
    Page 121-122, Chapter 8 “We Capture A Flag”, The Lightning Thief.
    Water heals wounds.
    “The blood was gone. Where the huge cut had been, there was a long white scratch, and even that was fading. As I watched, it turned into a small scar, and disappeared.

I came out of the creek and immediately felt bone tired. My arms started to go numb again. My adrenaline rush left me. I almost fell over, but Annabeth steadied me.

There on the rocks just above us was a black hound the size of a rhino, with lava-red eyes and fangs like daggers.

By sone miracle, I was still alive. I didn’t want to look underneath the ruins of my shredded armor. My chest felt warm and wet, and I knew I was badly cut. Another second, and the monster would’ve turned me into a hundred pounds of delicatessen meat.

I stepped back into the creek, the whole camp gathering around me.
    Instantly, I felt better. I could feel the cuts on my chest closing up.”
    Page 123-125, Chapter 8 “We Capture A Flag”, The Lightning Thief.
    Ambrosia 1
    “ “Most of the kids here did. If you weren’t like us, you couldn’t have survived the Minotaur, much less the ambrosia and nectar.”
    “Ambrosia and nectar.”
    “The food and drink we were giving you to make you better. That stuff would’ve killed a normal kid. It would’ve turned your blood to fire and your bones to sand and you’d be dead. Face it. You’re a half-blood.”
    -Chapter 6 “I Become Lord Of The Bathroom”, The Lightning Thief.
    Ambrosia 2
    “He gave Annabeth and me each a canteen of nectar and a Ziploc bag full of ambrosia squares, to be used only in emergencies, if we were seriously hurt. It was god food, Chiron reminded us. It would cure us of almost any injury, but it was lethal to mortals. Too much of it would make a half-blood very, very feverish. An overdose would burn us up, literally.”
    -Chapter 10 “I Ruin A Perfectly Good Bus, The Lightning Thief.
    Ambrosia 3
    “I tried to free my shoulder. My coat and shirt were pinned to the wall by some kind of spike—a black dagger-like projectile about a foot long. It had grazed the skin of my shoulder as it passed through my clothes, and the cut burned. I’d felt something like this before. Poison.
    I forced myself to concentrate. I would not pass out.”
    -Chapter 1 “My Rescue Operation Goes Very Wrong”, The Titan’s Curse.
    Cont.
    “Finally, one of the Hunters brought me my backpack. Grover and Nico came back from their walk, and Grover helped me fix up my wounded arm.
    “It’s green!” Nico said with delight.
    “Hold still,” Grover told me. “Here, eat some ambrosia while I clean that out.”
    I winced as he dressed the wound, but the ambrosia square helped. It tasted like homemade brownie, dissolving in my mouth and sending a warm feeling through my whole body. Between that and the magic salve Grover used, my shoulder felt better within a couple of minutes.”
    -Chapter 2 “The Vice Principal Gets A Missile Launcher”, Titan’s Curse.
    Ambrosia 4
    “We were both breathing hard. I had a few scratches, but nothing major. I pulled a feather arrow out of my arm. It hadn’t gone in very deep. As long as it wasn’t tipped with poison, I’d be okay. I took a bag of ambrosia out of my jacket, where I always kept it for emergencies, broke a piece in half and offered some to Clarisse.
    ‘I don’t need your help,’ she muttered, but she took the ambrosia.
    We swallowed a few bites – not too much, since the food of the gods can burn you to ashes if you overindulge. I guess that’s why you don’t see many fat gods. Anyway, in a few seconds our cuts and bruises had disappeared.”
    -Percy Jackson And The Stolen Chariot, The Demigod Files.
    Ambrosia 5
    “ ‘Die in pain, mortal!’ Before I could raise my sword in defense, another daemon’s claws raked my shoulder. If I’d been wearing armor, no problem, but I was still in my school uniform. The thing’s talons sliced my shirt open and tore into my skin. My whole left side seemed to explode in pain.

‘Nectar,’ he said. ‘I’m pouring nectar on it.’
    He uncorked a bottle of the godly drink and trickled it across my shoulder. This was dangerous – just a sip of the stuff is all most demigods can stand – but immediately the pain eased. Together, Nico and Thalia dressed the wound and I only passed out a few times. I couldn’t judge how much time went by, but the next thing I remember I was propped up with my back against a rock. My shoulder was bandaged. Thalia was feeding me tiny squares of chocolate-flavored ambrosia.

‘The Keres will be back,’ he warned. He looked at my shoulder with concern. ‘That wound… the Keres are spirits of disease and pestilence as well as violence. We can slow down the infection, but eventually you’ll need serious healing. I mean a god’s power. Otherwise…’
    He didn’t finish the thought.”
    -Percy Jackson And The Sword Of Hades, The Demigod Files.
    Ambrosia 6
    “They hit the roof of the largest warehouse and crashed through into darkness.
    Unfortunately, Piper tried to land on her feet. Her feet didn’t like that. Pain flared in her left ankle as she crumpled against a cold metal surface. For a few seconds she wasn’t conscious of anything but pain—pain so bad that her ears rang and her vision went red.

Her vision began to clear. She was on a metal catwalk that ringed the warehouse interior. Leo and Jason had landed on ground level, and were now coming up the stairs toward her. She looked at her foot, and wave of nausea swept over her. Her toes weren’t supposed to point that way, were they?

“Ambrosia, dummy,” Piper said through gritted teeth. “There should be some in my bag, if it’s not crushed.”
    Jason carefully pulled her backpack off her shoulders. He rummaged through the supplies the Aphrodite kids had packed for her, and found a Ziploc full of smashed pastry squares like lemon bars. He broke off a piece and fed it to her.
    The taste was nothing like she expected. It reminded her of Dad’s black bean soup from when she was a little girl. He used to feed it to her whenever she got sick. The memory relaxed her, though it made her sad. The pain in her ankle subsided.

Boom. The sound was closer this time, directly below her. She dug out a whole square of ambrosia and stuffed it in her mouth. Her heart raced faster.
    Her skin felt feverish.
    Hesitantly, she flexed her ankle against the splint. No pain, no stiffness at all. She cut through the duct tape with her dagger and heard heavy steps on the stairs—like metal boots. Had it been five minutes? Longer? The steps didn’t sound like Jason, but maybe he was carrying Leo.”
    -Chapter 21, The Lost Hero.
    Ambrosia 7
    “ “On it.” Frank brought out a thermos full of nectar and explained its
    healing properties to Ella. When he scooted closer, she recoiled and
    started to shriek. Then Hazel tried, and Ella let her pour some nectar on herback. The wound began to close.”
    -Chapter 27, The Son Of Neptune
    Ambrosia 8
    “She immediately knew she’d broken it. Pain like a hot steel wire jabbed its way up her leg and into her hip. The world narrowed to just her, her ankle, and the
    agony.

Ah…yeah. This qualified as an emergency. She dug the godly food out of her pack and wolfed it down. As usual, it tasted like comforting memories. This time it
    was buttered popcorn—movie night with her dad at his place in San Francisco, no stepmom, no stepbrothers, just Annabeth and her father curled up on the sofa watching sappy old romantic comedies.
    The ambrosia warmed her whole body. The pain in her leg became a dull throb. Annabeth knew she was still in major trouble. Even ambrosia couldn’t heal broken bones right away. It might speed up the process, but best-case scenario, she wouldn’t be able to put any weight on her foot for a day or more.”
    -Chapter 35, The Mark Of Athena.

40. Commander Cross November 21, 2014 at 2:27 pm -      #140

@LadyRamkin at #132

I do not believe WW Ganondorf is lying, I also believe it may even go either way whether or not WW/PH Link’s a reincarnation of N64 Link, and IF that is the case then Percy’s fighting 2-3 people influenced by N64 Link more directly-than-expected one way or another.
    While that part’s up for grabs with WW/PH Link, we know TP Link has The Blood of N64 Link in his veins, and the Very Heroic Spirit that began with Skyward Sword Link clearly influences HW Link one way or another even if it’s not immediately clear on the exact details.

What’s concrete about those regards is that The Players’ influences have a hand in a lot of things that happened.

Also either way you look at it, WW/PH Link is one of the few people to get The Master Sword as Powerful as Possible, being one of the few to get the Sword’s True Powers working and I know it has to count for something.

Riptide isn’t anything to take lightly either, and I hope I didn’t downplay the sword in the least or I will be sad.

@DevilMayArgue at #135

I already mentioned Percy has an edge in Combat Speed, not movement speed on ground although that could be fixed with Hurricanes and all that jazz.
    Also, Percy’s Combat Evolution has been accelerated so royally that it explains what transpired in the quotes in #139, and if Percy had The Enhancements then the odds would have been 5 times WORSE for his enemies.

If I ever play Hyrule Warriors, I’ve got quite a list of things to do to check up, but if HW Link gets Epona or that Bird from Skyward Sword, then like I said before, Percy gets Blackjack.
    Percy’s also gonna understand enough on what sort of things Epona’s gonna say or think, his father in Lord Poseidon, King of the Seas already has it covered and while Epona doesn’t stem from Percy’s home ‘Reality’, the language functions will still be kept and Percy will understand her words and actions, anyway.

41. nsl98 November 21, 2014 at 11:54 pm -      #141

WW\PH Link: +Magic Armor
    +Wind Baton
    +Power Arrows
    +Various other gimmicks
    Don’t know who wins

Twilight Princess
    +Comparable strength
    +Comparable durability
    That’s all I got regarding this Link, anyone have anything else to add about TP Link?

Hyrule Warriors
    +Lots of combat speed
    +Creates shockwaves with his blows
    +Super Human jumping
    +Various items

Leaning towards Hyrule Warriors Link to pull out a win

42. Commander Cross November 22, 2014 at 2:30 am -      #142

@Nsl98 at #141

I know that TP Link also has a Crossbow from Link’s Crossbow Training, with Unlimited Ammo and all that jazz not to mention also having Magic Armor that runs on Rupees rather than Magic.
    Also for alternatives to do more than just harm Percy with, TP Link also has The Ordon Sword along with The Master Sword, it’s possible that WW/PH Link and HW Link have stronger versions of The Master Sword than TP Link does, but even The Master Sword at TP incarnation’s nothing Percy wants to be hit with at TP Link’s hands.

All 3 Links listed are Blade-Masters by varying degrees and extents, HW Link may be more obvious but the main reason it’s a tough call between WW/PH Link or TP Link for which one’s the better Blade-Master is because the former’s second game required more Swordsmanship than the latter’s, which requires more Accurate Sharpshooting instead.

——

TP Link may survive Underwater if he can equip The Zora Armor in time, Surviving and Thriving are two different things though and Percy does the latter with ease, I wouldn’t recommend fighting Underwater either way.

Also TP Link uses A LOT of Bombs as noted before.

My recollections are shoddy, and I’m sorry. ;_;

——

Until more people arrive on both sides, I’d hope we can focus on figuring out where to expand on focusing on WW/PH Link and Hyrule Warriors Link, I know for sure that Foe Variety!-wise, both fought more than just the likes of Ganondorf, Powerful as his respective incarnations may be.

I do believe the basics have been elaborated with how Percy had to fight The Black Throne Loyalists and Not Just The Titan Gods loyal to The Black Throne either, admittedly in-text weakened most of them were.
    He also had to fight some of his Half-Mortal Paternal cousins as well for what it’s worth, Chief among them being another person with River Styx Enhancements and Ethan Nakamura and that was back when he was fighting against just The Black Throne’s Forces alone in fact.

——

Variety is the thing in question, Not Foe Quality because they’re not the same thing, overlap might be possible but never get them mixed up.

I recalled Zant’s people being able to Shadow-Travel and I distinctly remember Zant being far from a wuss especially among TP Link’s foes, it’s just Variety-wise I’m infuriated I don’t recall much with each of the Links. :mad:

43. OriginalA November 22, 2014 at 4:58 am -      #143

” it’s possible that WW/PH Link and HW Link have stronger versions of The Master Sword than TP Link does”

No, he doesn’t. The major plot point with the Master Sword in WW was that the Master Sword had lost its power. WW Link merely restored it to its normal power level, which is the same amount that it has in TP and OoT and SS.

I still maintain that WW/PH Link has the most technical skill with a sword. TP Link is extremely close (So too is OoT/MM Link because he taught TP Link as the Hero’s Shade); as is SS Link.

I do not think that HW Link is a technically superior swordsman than any of the other Links, but HW Link is fairly significantly more superhuman than any of them, and he is not shy about using his superhuman abilities in combat. So while he is not technically a better fighter, he is a larger threat with a sword than they are because he has more superhuman elements to his character than they do.

“If I’m allowed to ask, which of the 3 Links listed up in here has the Most Extensive Foe Variety?”

I think HW Link. He’s fought not only most of the same mooks than any incarnation of Link will fight, but he has also fought many of the major villains of the entire series as well as some unique ones of his own. TP Link also has a rather large list of enemy types that he has defeated though.

However it is important to note that Hyrule Warriors isn’t canon to the main series, and the incarnations of the characters found in Hyrule Warriors should not be mistaken for the characters found in the main canon. Take Girhahim for instance. In SS, he mostly plays around while letting his minions further his goal. But once he gets dead serious he covers himself in the heaviest armor until the fight concludes; that armor can only be punctured because of a trap that he created and backfired on him because SS Link used technical skill to augment a lack of raw power. HW Girahim will occasionally summon up that same armor… but only for a few seconds at a time, and I think that the armor is mostly for show (or game mechanics). Nor will HW Ghirahim make quite as much of a show of drama; he is a drama queen still but SS Ghirahim was on a whole other level in this regard. TP Zant is vastly more powerful than HW Zant. HW Zant uses his abilities to augment himself while in combat. TP Zant uses his abilities to augment himself as well as the entire battlefield while in combat; the scale in demonstrated power is immense.

TP Link is also one of (if not) the best archers in the series. OoT/MM Link is competitive in terms of skill in that area, but I think TP Link is slightly above him in that regard.

44. Ciridae Hunter November 22, 2014 at 5:25 am -      #144

Not to mention TP Link has the Hawkeye Mask which boosts his vision for sniping, something that boosts his already high skill with a bow.

45. Ciridae Hunter November 22, 2014 at 5:27 am -      #145

What items does HW have access to?

46. Ciridae Hunter November 22, 2014 at 5:39 am -      #146

In terms of enemy variety I would say that HW would have the most since (and this is an assumption since I haven’t played the game) there are elements from several games (Majora’s Mask would have made a great boss-wasted potential, there) which would mean that each one would have respective forces from their timelines.

In terms of quality, it would probably be a tie with WW/PH and TP since those games are focused more on the great epic side versus hack-and-slash; the TP Darknut is a perfect example since their entire fighting style changes once their armor is destroyed whereas WW Darknut (or were those Iron Knuckles? No, definitely Darknut) just speed up. I don’t know what HW Darknut are like, but considering the Dynasty mechanics they will most probably be weakened to balance the noob factor that modern games lean toward (not the game’s fault, but I would personally like a game with a whole squad of fully-powered Darknut and Iron Knuckles fighting a lone fighter, but I’m a bit of a game masochist).

47. nsl98 November 22, 2014 at 8:35 am -      #147

I think we should start with round 1, and debate from there,as opposed to flip flopping to different Links. Myself and Envoy have both posted feats for Percy, so we can go from there too.

Also, I seem to have lost the ability to edit my posts.

48. Ciridae Hunter November 22, 2014 at 8:50 am -      #148

The Wind Waker can cancel out hurricanes by redirecting the winds in a way that interrupts the inertia. WW Link is a small target (like South Park Timmy but without the…uniqueness) so Percy would have to low-sweep most attacks, awkward actions for any warrior. WW boomerang is more versatile, attacking multiple targets at once (seen especially in Kraken encounters).
    He learns the über Great Spin attack from the sword aster, but it’s power is offset by the dizzying effect. Mirror Shield is magic-reflective and-as Sun Tzu has pointed out-can use the sun to blind Percy at a critical moment. Ice Arrows can freeze Percy and the hurricane, fire arrows can make fires (obvious), light arrows seem to cancel out evil energy (so probably useless unless the Enhancements are in play). Skull Hammer is the Skull Hammer…

If he is smart about it, he can use his items, stature, and Percy’s own weaknesses against him, but every Link varies from style-to-style and this is just an opinion.

49. Friendlysociopath November 22, 2014 at 11:47 am -      #149

Also, I seem to have lost the ability to edit my posts.

You can only edit them for a few minutes after posting, it’s not a permanent thing.

My impressions:
    Round 1
    Not entirely sure. Link does have his magic that makes him invulnerable for a bit but Percy is capable enough to fight the lesser swordsman for enough time for it to wear off. As for airborne shenanigans, Link does not have unlimited magic. He can’t do it forever. I believe Percy’s winds also tend to be stronger in both duration and intensity. Percy’s winds have deflected arrows from him before, and even if they didn’t he’s a bullet-timer, if he can deflect bullets, arrows will not hit him. Percy is far from stupid when it comes to fighting, his ADHD would protect him from most of Link’s dirty tricks.

Round 2
    Magic armor in this game relies on rupees, and attacks varying in power will take different amounts of rupees. Percy hits with a decent amount of strength and Link doesn’t have that infinite rupees wallet with him
    (Does he? I don’t think that was Twilight Princess)
    so the armor will eventually become useless. Again, I give Percy the edge in swordplay- he’s faster, stronger, better trained and he seems to be able to predict his opponents actions; his own fighting style is quoted to be unpredictable for even experienced fighters, meaning Link would have a hard time doing the same back to Percy.

Round 3
    Now this one is the round I think Link has the best chance to win. His strength levels skyrocket to dwarf Percy’s, lifting the Minotaur is nowhere near the level of strength demonstrated by HW Link. If he can land a hit on Percy it’s going to hurt Percy badly, I’m not saying a one-shot kill, but he’s not tanking multiple hits.
    I know the least about this Link; Percy still seems faster, but skill I haven’t determined, and strength is absolutely in Link’s favor. While this Link has less tricks to throw at Percy he makes up for it in his combat prowess.

Overall
    I give Rounds 1 and 2 an 80%-20% winrate for Percy. He outskills, outspeeds, and outpowers Link and those specific Links don’t give him the hax that composite Link brings to the table. They’ve got their perks, But I don’t think they’re enough to defeat an opponent with actual abilities of his own.
    I give Round 3 a 60%-40% in favor of Link. Percy does have experience fighting things stronger than he is, there’s just a much smaller margin of error. I still think Percy would win but I’m falling less on facts and more on feelings.

50. nsl98 November 22, 2014 at 12:08 pm -      #150

@Friendly
    You’ve summed up my thoughts perfectly. And like what Original A said, HW Link may not be as skilled as other Links, but his super humanity makes him more of a threat with a blade.

51. nsl98 November 22, 2014 at 12:17 pm -      #151

Also, if Percy blocks a sword strike from HW Link, how far would he be pushed back, and how much will it hurt Percy?

“I met his first strike with Riptide. The impact shook the entire bridge, but I held my ground.”
    Last Olympian p. 191

Now, this could have been just because Percy had the Achilles Curse at the time, because this is the only time in the series Percy blocks that much force with his sword.

52. Ciridae Hunter November 22, 2014 at 1:06 pm -      #152

Do the books give him another situation to block that much force? We really can’t tell if it is a uncommon thing unless we can see more similar fights-otherwise it’s an all-time thing.

53. LadyRamkin November 22, 2014 at 1:33 pm -      #153

“his ADHD would protect him from most of Link’s dirty trick”

Okay, I am obviously missing something. When did ADHD suddenly mean that you are a tactical genius??

54. Commander Cross November 22, 2014 at 1:33 pm -      #154

@Nsl98 at #151

EoTHoH!-Percy must likely evolved to the point he can deal with that much force without The River Styx Enhancements, which also serve as both a Force Multiplier-by-stats and a sort of Combative Growth Accelerator, all for the exchange of one’s Physical Stamina and their Psychological Sanity and Stability.
    While Percy no longer has to worry about the Rapid Stamina Drain despite questionable Movement Speeds* without it, the Damage on his Sanity and Stability’s already done and won’t go away anytime soon.

So Ironically speaking, HW Link may be even closer in Extensive Foe Variety to Percy than WW/PH Link is, and still maintain Top-Notch Foe Quality asked of any Link worth their salt.

As for Regards on HW Zant and Ghirahim, I’m inclined to go with the idea of ‘Cuz Plot Seiz Su’ going on, they’re still bloody dangerous and only a nutcase would question that.

Fear not, I’m still keeping in mind all 3 Links each fought The Closest thing to a ‘Proper’/More Formal Counterpart in ‘The Anti-Christ’ in their Respective Timelines, Courtesy of Ganondorf himself.
    The main reasoning behind that bolded statement is because of the Darker Truths within Skyward Sword regarding Ganondorf’s Actual Parentage, it may be one of the most horrific bits about him but it’s not even THE most horrific about him.

Also either way you slice or dice the matter, none of the Ensemble of Enemies any of the listed Links fought are wusses at all as we already noted before.

—-

I also apologize in regards to The TP Master Sword, I just recall that The Master Sword at its most powerful incarnations could unleash Sword Beams* and do much more than just that.

@Hunter at #148

The Light Arrows are certainly more likely to harm Percy If they Hit him, Percy may not be evil but non-malevolent people that got hit tend to suffer a Paralyzing effect of sorts going on, AFAIR.

All-in-all, getting hit with that Arrow HURTS, no questions asked about it.

1.) (NOT Combat Speeds, big enough difference matters!)
    2.) (Skyward Sword is chronologically obvious, though A Link to The Past also has it done as either The Tempered Master Sword or The Golden Master Sword.)

55. Friendlysociopath November 22, 2014 at 1:48 pm -      #155

Allow me to explain further.
    ADHD is used in Percy’s series to give the characters complete battlefield awareness and borderline precognition. Percy will notice everything on the battlefield equally and without being distracted by any separate obstacle. He’s also able to study his enemies movements to the point of predicting how they’ll move, he does this fairly quickly in combat against foes far superior than himself.

Even in the midst of outright war he’s able to keep track of a dozen different people and what/how they’re fighting while at the same time taking on multiple opponents himself.

56. LadyRamkin November 22, 2014 at 1:54 pm -      #156

I see, thank you.

57. Ciridae Hunter November 22, 2014 at 1:54 pm -      #157

That could just be instincts passed on by Poseidon’s blood rather than a condition that-by it’s very definition-is the lack of attention or the hyper attention to a single thing to the exclusion of others. He could also instinctually use Poseidon’s blood or the effects of the Enhancements to do this, since any encounter with a large militant force such as the Legion would make it impossible to pay attention to all of his friends and his surroundings without the aid of magic.

But I digress, he could very well be amplifying the ADHD with magic to instantly jump from one thing to another, but that is something to consider.

58. Friendlysociopath November 22, 2014 at 2:05 pm -      #158

@Ciridae

Take it to the author, their universe’s explanation is that it’s a battlefield reflex that lets you notice everything equally.
    I might be wrong about this, but I think Annabeth says it isn’t really ADHD, but that’s how the human world sees it when the kids are going through the normal world.

He’s doing it as of the very first book when he’s new to his powers. As I said above, I think what they have is different from ADHD. He’s borderline Jedi-like in some cases. My point was Link wouldn’t be able to distract him or fool him with the old “sun into the eyes” trick because Percy is completely aware of such things. I think that exact scenario is actually used in one of the books- might be wrong about that though, it sounds familiar and it’s rooted in the mythology the series draws off of.

59. nsl98 November 22, 2014 at 2:08 pm -      #159

@Cridae
    “ That’s your battlefield reflexes. In a real fight, they’d keep you alive. As for the attention problems, that’s because you see too much, Percy, not too little. ”
    –Annabeth Chase, explaining ADHD to Percy Jackson in The Lightning Thief

60. Ciridae Hunter November 22, 2014 at 2:17 pm -      #160

So their ADHD is like the passive skill Battle Sense that I made for an RPG (yes, I’m a nerd). That makes sense-thank you, Sociopath (one of the weirdest sentences I have ever made to thank someone, to be sure).

61. nsl98 November 22, 2014 at 2:20 pm -      #161

Lightning Thief p. 330

62. Ciridae Hunter November 22, 2014 at 2:22 pm -      #162

That sounds more like adrenaline to me, but all’s well, right?

63. Commander Cross November 22, 2014 at 2:24 pm -      #163

@Friendlysociopath at #158

It might be possible that there’s a sub-variant of ADHD in the same kind of way there’s sub-variants for Autism out there*, it’s not out of the question that whatever variant of the former Percy’s got on him, it exists to brand him as an Engine of Destruction if Percy ever goes that route.

Deadly ADHD sub-variant, plus Adrenaline, Times Supernatural Powers and a ‘Target’ to go focus all that with, equals An Engine of Destruction in the making.

Children of the 3 Sons of Kronos can wind up being the Bloody Obvious candidates for Killing Machines or More Horrific regards if trained and raised properly, but that’s if they’d wanna go there.

It’s still worth noting that not every Modern-day Half-Mortal has ADHD at all, but most of the ones that do have gotten a Hyper-Violent sub-variant of it

The Blood-Line Systems had to also be royally fleshed out, because I remembered reading The Aeneid sometime around 2009-2010 and noted how Prince Aeneas of Troy was Paternally Ancestored by The High King Zeus himself, I’ve no doubt in my mind that was a factor for the first-known Half-Mortal Aphy ‘Kid’ but other things like a more Combative Upbringing have been essential.

That man was raised by Mountain Nymphs if I recalled correctly before The Trojan War and the 10 years that followed were a thing.

Point is, anyone or anything with the Blood/Ichor of the 3 sons of Kronos in their veins, with ‘just enough Power’ behind it is generally nothing to take lightly in those regards, which is just one of the things that makes Percy himself so dangerous.
    That’s without the family in Jeopardy going on either, you remember what WW/PH Link felt when his sister was kidnapped?

1.) (Let it be known I’ve yet to see any sub-variant of it that affects odds of being more effective at using Supernatural Powers in general rather than Less effective.)

64. Envoy November 22, 2014 at 3:48 pm -      #164

“I know that TP Link also has a Crossbow from Link’s Crossbow Training…”
    Eji Aonuma has equated Crossbow Training to Hyrule Warriors and Tingle’s Rosy Rupeeland. He said since they don’t Zelda in the title they are only inspired by the Zelda series, not a part of it.
    “Wonder how tightly TP Link can keep The Ordon Sword, because If Riptide don’t work on TP Link for Direct Harming, then Weapon-wise Percy and TP Link are essentially on the same ship there if The TP Master Sword don’t work too well, either.”
    Percy does have that one disarming technique that he learned way back in the first book, it’d be applicable here.
    “The Hermes guys gathered around. They were suppressing smiles. I figured they’d been in my shoes before and couldn’t wait to see how Luke used me for a punching bag. He told everybody he was going to demonstrate a disarming technique: how to twist the enemy’s blade with the flat of your own sword so that he had no choice but to drop his weapon.
    “This is difficult,” he stressed. “I’ve had it used against me. No laughing at Percy, now. Most swordsmen have to work years to master this technique.”
    He demonstrated the move on me in slow motion. Sure enough, the sword clattered out of my hand.

I nodded, and Luke came after me. Somehow, I kept him from getting a shot at the hilt of my sword. My senses opened up. I saw his attacks coming. I countered. I stepped forward and tried a thrust of my own. Luke deflected it easily, but I saw a change in his face. His eyes narrowed, and he started to press me with more force.
    The sword grew heavy in my hand. The balance wasn’t right. I knew it was only a matter of seconds before Luke took me down, so I figured, What the heck?
    I tried the disarming maneuver.
    My blade hit the base of Luke’s and I twisted, putting my whole weight into a downward thrust.
    Clang.
    Luke’s sword rattled against the stones. The tip of my blade was an inch from his undefended chest.”
    -Chapter 8 “We Capture a Flag”, The Lightning Thief.
    Speaking of Riptide, here’s a bit from the latest book on Imperial Gold/Celestial Bronze’s effect on mortals.
    “Pain flared in his lower back – so sharp and cold he thought Khione the snow god- dess had touched him.
    Next to his ear, Michael Varus snarled, ‘Born a Roman, die a Roman.’
    The tip of a golden sword jutted through the front of Jason’s shirt, just below his ribcage.
    Jason fell to his knees. Piper’s scream sounded miles away. He felt like he’d been immersed in salty water – his body weight- less, his head swaying.

He looked at the smoke curling from his bandages. He had worse things to worry about than blood loss. Annabeth was right about Imperial gold. The stuff was deadly to demigods as well as monsters. The wound from Varus’s blade would do its best to eat away at Jason’s life force.”
    -Chapter 4, The Blood of Olympus.
    Cont.
    “‘Whoa,’ Jason interceded. He had plenty of reasons to hate Juno, but they had other issues to deal with. ‘Juno, we need your help.
    We –’ Jason tried to sit up and immediately regretted it. His insides felt like they were being twirled on a giant spaghetti fork.
    Piper kept him from falling over. ‘First things first,’ she said. ‘Jason is hurt. Heal him!’
    The goddess knitted her eyebrows. Her form shimmered unsteadily.
    ‘Some things even the gods cannot heal,’ she said. ‘This wound touches your soul as well as your body. You must fight it, Jason Grace … you must survive.’
    ‘Yeah, thanks,’ he said, his mouth dry. ‘I’m trying.’ ”
    -Chapter 9, The Blood of Olympus.
    “The Wind Waker can cancel out hurricanes by redirecting the winds in a way that interrupts the inertia.”
    Where are you getting this from? The Wind Waker doesn’t help Link against Cyclos, or on Gust Island, or even against regular Cyclones on the Great Sea, why would it just work here?

65. Ciridae Hunter November 22, 2014 at 4:54 pm -      #165

Where are you getting the impression that Riptide’s anti-immortal properties will work on Link? Link may be nonhuman, but that doesn’t just make him immortal-especially if the entire franchise is built upon incarnations and not just one, steadfast Link throughout; his spirit may be wash, rinse, repeat, but his flesh is mortal and he will age and die just like any normal Hylian or Human will. Link’s Spirit isn’t even natural; it was made by the Goddesses, so he is more like the Mark of Cain and the Master Sword is his First Blade.

66. Ciridae Hunter November 22, 2014 at 4:57 pm -      #166

And the hurricane thing is simply the key principle of meteorology in terms of that kind of weather; a tornado can just break apart if the hot/cold winds suddenly become just one or the other, so the same could be said of a mini hurricane (which is really just a glorified water spout)

67. nsl98 November 22, 2014 at 5:02 pm -      #167

@Cridae
    Riptide isn’t an anti immortal weapon. It just doesn’t work on regular humans. However, since link isn’t human, it should work on him. And Percy doesn’t need a sword to kill Link.

68. Envoy November 22, 2014 at 5:23 pm -      #168

“Where are you getting the impression that Riptide’s anti-immortal properties will work on Link?”
    In addition to what nsl98 said, I have already posted a quote where Celestial Bronze/Imperial Gold works on a mortal demigod. It works on things that aren’t vanilla humans.
    “And the hurricane thing is simply the key principle of meteorology…”
    Where’s the part where these principles say some baton with the power of The Gods can do things it has never done before?

69. Ciridae Hunter November 22, 2014 at 7:13 pm -      #169

It’s the wind that would do the changing not the Wind Waker-all the Wind Waker can do is change the winds and perform functions of other songs; the change of wind or wind temperature could easily remove hurricanes (or Percy’s water spout) from the equation.

70. Friendlysociopath November 22, 2014 at 7:23 pm -      #170

Depends, does Link every use it to take control of winds that somebody else is controlling? Or just regular winds? One is not the same as the other.

Also, how does this active effort cancel out something Percy does simply by wanting it to happen?

71. nsl98 November 22, 2014 at 7:23 pm -      #171

There is a song of Wind Temperature?

72. nsl98 November 22, 2014 at 7:32 pm -      #172

@Ciridae
    Are you talking about the Winds Requiem? That’s only been used for sailing. Percy’s winds are probably more fierce than any winds WW\PH Link has encountered. The force of the winds will probably push Link around unless WW\PH Link has some equivalent to Iron Boots.

73. Envoy November 22, 2014 at 7:51 pm -      #173

“It’s the wind that would do the changing not the Wind Waker-all the Wind Waker can do is change the winds and perform functions of other songs”
    We’ve already seen that the Wind Waker does not affect the air to the degree you’re saying. He can’t break up thunderclouds or cyclones in his own games, so why should he here?
    “…the change of wind or wind temperature could easily remove hurricanes (or Percy’s water spout) from the equation.”
    1. Link’s Wind ‘offensive’ isn’t doing anything to Percy’s water.
    2. Percy has made Hurricanes in Alaska as easily as he’s made it in NYC’s summer. Temperature isn’t an issue. He makes a hurricane because that’s what he does.
    “The force of the winds will probably push Link around unless WW\PH Link has some equivalent to Iron Boots.”
    Both TP and WW Link have Iron Boots.

74. nsl98 November 22, 2014 at 7:57 pm -      #174

OK. Cool, makes the match more interesting.

75. Ciridae Hunter November 22, 2014 at 8:02 pm -      #175

So you’re saying nothing will happen when a warm wind suddenly hits the cold hurricane? Or vice-versa? Since its magical in nature, I would have to agree this time-though in normal circumstance it would cause issues.

We already covered that the Deku Leaf would save WW Link’s butt from being rag-dolled by the hurricane.

76. nsl98 November 22, 2014 at 8:13 pm -      #176

I don’t think people can really apply real world physics to most things in fiction. But we do try and in some cases it works, just not in the case of Wind Baton vs. Hurricane Percy.

77. Ciridae Hunter November 22, 2014 at 8:42 pm -      #177

I know, it’s just a pet peeve of mine.

Each Link has a defense against the hurricane-WW has the Deku Leaf, TP has the Iron Boots and the Double Clawshot, and HW has his speed to get out of the AoE; in terms of which one could react, TP would be able to get closer without injury (unless HW has the Iron Boots but doubtful since he’s known for speed).

Would TP be able to Clawshot the Riptide?

78. nsl98 November 22, 2014 at 8:52 pm -      #178

Percy’s bullet timing reflexes render most long range/projectile based attacks useless. And he was cutting through steel chains in that quote Envoy posted. He could dodge/ cut the clawshot.

79. Ciridae Hunter November 22, 2014 at 8:55 pm -      #179

Ah, too bad.

Link still has the Gale Boomerang, which can transport bombs right to Percy if the timing’s right; I used that method to range kill Darknut for a challenge 😜

80. nsl98 November 22, 2014 at 9:06 pm -      #180

So with that said, has it been determined that Percy beats WW/PH Link? If so, I’d like to hear more about that cannon TP Link apparently got fired out of that StarkTangent mentioned.

81. Ciridae Hunter November 22, 2014 at 9:37 pm -      #181

Pretty much everyone agrees-myself included-that WW might make it close but Percy takes the cake (even though the cake is a lie)

82. Ciridae Hunter November 22, 2014 at 9:39 pm -      #182

Oh, the cannon lets him go to the sky temple to fight/ride the dragon; could be a weapon but it would be a one-timer since its a bitch to ready.

83. nsl98 November 22, 2014 at 9:57 pm -      #183

So, I watched the video of Link getting shot out of that cannon. Can any one tell me how high up he was? It looked pretty high, but I would like to know how much force he tanked. Its still an impressive durability feat.

84. Friendlysociopath November 22, 2014 at 10:13 pm -      #184

“It looked pretty high, but I would like to know how much force he tanked. Its still an impressive durability feat.”

I always just called shenanigans on that one. It makes no sense for everything in that game being able to hurt him normally- but he can tank being shot out of a cannon like that. Any normal person would be blown apart, the human cannonball people don’t use real cannons for the acts.

Pretty much you’d have to guess his weight and how much energy it would take to send that weight to that height. Oh, and the angle of the cannon is important. His weight is the easy part of that equation, I think Aelfin tried to calc it once.

85. nsl98 November 22, 2014 at 10:25 pm -      #185

@Friendly
    It could be game mechanics. What other redeeming qualities does TP Link have? I know he’s got Magic Armor and lots of explosives, but I could have sworn he had some magic spells… right? Or maybe I’m confused with a different Link.

86. Ciridae Hunter November 22, 2014 at 10:52 pm -      #186

Yea, you’re thinking of another Link.

87. nsl98 November 22, 2014 at 10:57 pm -      #187

Ah. So there’s really nothing TP Link could do against Percy, is there? With that said, I hereby nominate Percy Jackson for the BankGambling Award, on account of him taking rounds 1 & 2.

88. OriginalA November 22, 2014 at 11:03 pm -      #188

“That being said, no incarnation of Link is human. I believe one of the resistance members in TP tell us the main ‘human’ races are Humans (who are regular guys) , Hyrulians (who are pointy eared Humans), and an ancient race of people who lived in the sky being called the Hylians (he doesn’t mention Sheikiah or Gerudo IIRC). Link is always one of the two human looking non-humans, so Riptide should work.”

This is wrong.

There are two sub-groups of humans in the Zeldaverse. There are the “normal” humans, which are normal (although they tend to actually be a minority in most games). And there are Hylians, which are humans that are closer to the gods and have a large potential for magical powers… these guys are the ones with the pointy ears.

Hyruleans is simply the term for those that live in Hyrule. It is a nationality; not a race. Just like how being American, or Japanese, or Turkish does not preclude someone from also being human.

Hylians are also referred to as humans. And it is possible for a human to become a Hylian… then again he also became a Demon King at the same time so maybe not so much. Hylians and bog standard Humans are a viable mating couple too with a sustainable population… Biology doesn’t allow that unless it is the same species. Though I admit he is also “just a bit more” than human as well because he is Hylian.

89. Commander Cross November 22, 2014 at 11:58 pm -      #189

How many people have played Phantom Hourglass by any chance?

This is important because it helps to gauge info and all the jazz.

90. Envoy November 23, 2014 at 12:59 am -      #190

“The word “Hyrulian” does not exist in the Zelda canon (except in one old nintendo guide from 95ish). So I presume you meant Hyrulean.”
    Lets just say its been a while since I’ve played Twilight Princess, I’m playing through it now but…yeah.
    “How many people have played Phantom Hourglass by any chance?”
    I played it once, a while back, after TP.
    >.>

91. Ciridae Hunter November 23, 2014 at 1:00 am -      #191

It’s been a couple years, but I’ve played and beat it.

92. Ciridae Hunter November 23, 2014 at 1:01 am -      #192

I honestly never saw anyone in the game call themselves anything but Hylians. Maybe I just wasn’t paying attention, but it’s what I ‘member.

93. LadyRamkin November 23, 2014 at 7:30 am -      #193

During WindWaker link must save Makar who is trapped behind a huge rock. In order to move it Makar says that Link would have to be “as heavy as the great deku tree”
    —-
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhhAOQWsK68&t=4m50s

I doubt he is actually that heavy but the iron boots definitely make him much heavier than if he was just wearing boots made of iron, same for Twilight princess link.
    —-

windwaker link effortlessly lifts massive boulder

The fact he can make himself unmovable, has super strength, has the magic armour and is very proficient with the sword, I think gives Windwaker link a fighting chance.

Have played phantom hourglass, beat it, dont think it contributes much except the quadruple damage or defense i mentioned earlier.

94. LadyRamkin November 23, 2014 at 7:37 am -      #194

Also nsl98 in post #4 granted WindWaker link his time stops.

I personally think Twilight princess Link has the lowest chance of success

95. nsl98 November 23, 2014 at 8:06 am -      #195

I watched a video of the time stop in action, its start up didn’t look very fast. And Link is going to be on his toes the whole fight in Round 1.

96. LadyRamkin November 23, 2014 at 10:05 am -      #196

97. Warlock Lowk November 23, 2014 at 11:57 am -      #197

“The activation speed is determined by how fast the player can draw an hourglass. Since that is a game mechanic the time stop seems to be able to be activated whenever Link likes… on the fly.”

Or representative of Link drawing the symbol with the sword.

98. Ciridae Hunter November 23, 2014 at 12:42 pm -      #198

I think since Percy gets multi-vitamins then Link can get at least a potion or two

99. Commander Cross November 23, 2014 at 1:12 pm -      #199

A Potion or two for WW/PH Link wouldn’t hurt, I did remember that at least in the WiiU version, WW/PH Link has his Grandmother’s Soup as a viable option unless getting nothing but Fairies in bottles would be more viable.

I’m not too sure what HW Link has that stacks up, though.

100. Ciridae Hunter November 23, 2014 at 1:15 pm -      #200

Typically every incarnation has the green, red, and blue potions, as well as the Lon Lon milk and the fairy in a bottle (even TP had a green potion with a different effect).

« Previous 1 2 3 4