Be Your Own Hero

Be Your Own Hero

Hey Facts.

This might be the last post for the site. I am having surgery on 8/11 where they need to remove some skull and expose the brain in order to remove a cancerous tumor I have in my frontal sinus.

I’ve decided instead of doing my usual method of trying to serve up a bunch of posts automatically while I’m out of commission to instead leave with this message.

There are so many things that can happen with the surgery. I might wake up and everything is normal – which of course is what I am hoping for. I might have a stroke. I might lose my personality, I could go into a coma for years, or I might not make it out at all.

In light of this news, I hardly have the desire to do anything else than spend time with my family. Should the surgery be successful you will know – more posts will arrive to the site.

Otherwise, the site will go offline most likely sometime in early September.

So now that all that’s out of the way, let’s move on.

I’ve always loved this image used for this post because of the way the world runs today. I think it’s a message that more of us need to acknowledge. Why must you find power or the definition of success in others? You are the only person that can make changes in your life. You are the one who will reflect on your life at some point and will have to decide if you did everything you wanted.

Why be afraid to try new things? NO ONE GETS OUT ALIVE! We are all going to pass in some manner, so enjoy the things in life that make you happy. Of course, make sure those habits are not at the expense of someone else!

This site has always focused on the feats of something that some fictional character can do. Of course, none of us can instantly teleport to Mars and survive, but we have many powers that can help others. Sometimes the best part of a conversation is just listening to someone without judgement. Have an open mind to consider an opposite point of view, even if it is completely against your personal beliefs. You aren’t doing that to be considerate, but to be an intelligent person who can accurately understand an opposite point of view and why a person would think that way.

My short time on this planet has taught me that life never goes as you planned. People are more courageous than they think they are. Adversity makes you understand exactly what you want out of life. Being nice is not a weakness.

Some people enter into your life only for a certain amount of time. Others will be there for your entire life. Enjoy those who want to spend their time with you – since that clearly means you have something that compels them to do so.

I could go on for hours on other tidbits, but that would just be rambling. Instead, I’ll finish with my favorite quote of all time, from Dr Seuss:

“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”

image source

282 Comments on "Be Your Own Hero"

1. Commander Cross August 15, 2014 at 6:35 pm -      #201

I planned for the Leader to walk out a better man, one way or another by the way, though I uttered my prayers to any Divine Entity who’d listen in.
    I can only hope to have half the psychological might demanded for the campaign to arrive, if it happens since the most I’d dare hope for is a Bittersweet Ending of the Dignified kind.

This is August 15, whatever you do, do not die during that day folks, I mean it!

The Apocalypse will either be Cancelled or this ‘Reality’ will be dead, it’s generally that simple.

__

Also look on the bright side, perhaps the High King Odin(if he’s not deleted in some of the ‘Realities’ he’s still existing in, first.) may be granted an entertaining visit from The Late Robin Williams if that kind of thing’s allowed.

2. Parry Boy August 15, 2014 at 10:11 pm -      #202

@Cross
    It’s August 16, we all lived.

3. Ranger Lowk August 15, 2014 at 10:50 pm -      #203

Ober, is you avatar Star doge?

4. OberHerr August 15, 2014 at 11:29 pm -      #204

So yes
    Much barel rolls
    Such andorss
    Many Final Suchstination
    Much rwing

5. Ranger Lowk August 16, 2014 at 12:48 am -      #205

lol
    On topic of Admin surviving I think the surgeons deserve a little bit of the FP glory. They opened a persons skull, cut some insidy part and closed him back up. Fucking medi-science these days.
    @Admin
    If you don’t mind me asking what was is like? Did they just put you to sleep and the next thing you knew your awake with a major headache?

6. AHEM August 16, 2014 at 1:01 am -      #206

Although I pretty much never post anymore and only seldom visit the site, I’d like to add my voice to the well wishes and congratulations on your recovery, admin. After all the good times and memories that this site gave me, I would have been saddened if it all had come to an end, here. I’m glad that I had the chance to contribute to BankGambling in what small ways I could, and hope that the posts will continue to pile up and the site expand for many years to come.

7. OberHerr August 16, 2014 at 1:16 am -      #207

I imagine he woke up feeling like someone had just cut open his head and taken out a tumor.

I gotta say though, I never cease to be amazed by what we can medically now. I mean, go back just seventy years, maybe even less, and we have soldiers dying from gunshot wounds to the leg, and no real hope of fully recovery often from major wounds, and now we have things like this, where we can not only precisely cut open BEHIND a persons until eye, and remove a tumor….and that person being likely to make a full recovery. It’s just insane.

8. Parry Boy August 16, 2014 at 1:25 am -      #208

And in the next years we can take off cancer by removing every single cell by microbots.

9. OberHerr August 16, 2014 at 1:31 am -      #209

That’s the most likely “cure” for cancer. One thing most people don’t realize is that cancer is actually what most of us would consider dying of old age. Its what inevitably happens to our bodies due to our cells losing info every time they duplicate and remake themselves. Though it is accelerated or decreased by certain things, and is different with everyone. Plus what part of the body happens to eventually.

10. pimpmage August 16, 2014 at 1:57 am -      #210

It is so silly seeing everyone freak out over ‘cancer-causing’ stuff. You know what really causes cancer? Breathing air. Continuing to live. It’s almost comical.

11. Commander Cross August 16, 2014 at 3:46 am -      #211

@All Hail Emperor Murtagh/AHEM at #206

I know it is glorious to have you return among the existing once more, nowadays I feel as though more and more you might be one of the remaining causes for why I must make my plans here.

One of these days I’m gonna get Murtagh of Alagaesia a worthy fight before I can say if/when the plans are done, know this.

Have you ever heard of Skype by chance, sir?

One of these days, I don’t expect to be on the site for the rest of my days, so it’s all the more urgent I get the plans up and running and soon before I say anything else.

Your cameo return reminds me of another mission I must do before I leave, if it could be done in the snap of the fingers then I wouldn’t be troubled to forget about it.
    I’m gonna correct that eventually.

___

@Pimpmage at #210

Frankly I’m aware that our own government’s working to have us killed, I gotta hand it to them in fighting to be more low-key about the fact than most groups of people out there, though.

12. admin August 16, 2014 at 9:28 am -      #212

@Ranger Lowk – Yes, that’s exactly what happened. They told me ahead of time what to expect, I had some pre-surgery tests and then I woke up in ICU with a crushing headache which is mostly from swelling and not the actual procedure itself.

13. Ranger Lowk August 16, 2014 at 11:13 am -      #213

Wow. Thats sort of comforting as well as horrifying. Its possible for something to operate on someones brain without them feeling it.

14. AHEM August 16, 2014 at 1:26 pm -      #214

@Commander Cross:
    Your dedication to Murtagh’s prospects is appreciated, Commander. Just as long as it isn’t against any character from the Sword of Truth series, because…well, we all know the unfortunate fates of THOSE debates.

I am aware of Skype, but I’ve never used it myself, as my computer doesn’t have the required hardware for it.

15. Commander Cross August 16, 2014 at 2:46 pm -      #215

@AHEM at #214

I was hoping to gun for Weapon-Masters from The Worlds of Madoka Magica or the Dot Hack(.Hack) universe, some Star Wars Force-Users also have promise depending on the Star Wars era we’re taking them from, and whether or not any are Proper Weapon-Masters.
    If need be, I may consider Murtagh vs God of War’s Kratos, you can be willing to bet 5 U.S dollars I won’t halt the possibilities and getting Murtagh a worthy fight’s far from being one of my only priorities.

I have a Duty and Mission, now’s as good a time as any to owe up to it, transcend it and go beyond it.

To anything in the way of that duty, Mark My Words that one way or another, Victory in this Campaign will welcome me, I will right the wrongs that transpired in the FP-registered worlds and provide them a future brighter than anything the worlds may imagine!

Only then may I consider leaving, on far better terms than when I started out.
    ___

Dare I ask it, what of deviantart?
    If I find you there, say nothing to anyone on who’s following you, okay?
    The most you may be asked is private questions to make sure it’s really you.

___

@Anyone else

There are worlds that have the inverted yet equally atrocious kind of fate that befell Sword of Truth, for better or for worse.
    We’d do well to begin on fixing those worlds first before we can consider this site truly deserving of it’s name.

16. AHEM August 16, 2014 at 10:51 pm -      #216

“Whoever said anything about anything from Sword of Truth for opposition ideas, my dear gentleman?”

No one did, I was just noting that anything from there would have to be off the table of consideration, just to be sure. I didn’t mean to imply that someone else had already brought the idea up.

“Then have you heard about Tumblr then, or perhaps yahoo, maybe or even youtube or google plus?
    Dare I ask it, what of deviantart?
    If I find you there, say nothing to anyone on who’s following you, okay?
    The most you may be asked is private questions to make sure it’s really you.”

Well, I do have a youtube account, but it’s pretty much just so that I can “like” videos and make playlists of them and such, I never actually uploaded anything there. In fact, I haven’t been particularly active on the internet recently, on any site. My exasperation over dealing with Mike’s nonsense was only one of the reasons why my commenting here tapered off, with the other one being that real life has a nasty habit of cutting into my time for these kinds of activities. Posting a comment here once or twice a day to give admin my best wishes on his recovery or to answer a question someone asked me is easy, but I don’t quite have the hours of free time that I used to have to devote to sites like this or those other ones.

17. Commander Cross August 16, 2014 at 11:18 pm -      #217

@AHEM at #216

Good point, and Richard aside I’m not too sure if SoT has any Blademasters worth noting to begin with.
    As an idea of last resort, I suppose it won’t kill me if I get some dude from Sword Art Online considered, or some Professional Swordsmen from the Tales Games or Star Ocean Games for that matter.

___

Hey it’s cool, perhaps I might be able to find you on youtube or google plus in that case, if I’m lucky.
    I hear you, it’s probably circumstances that’s the root cause on why I’m still here, give or take.

In addition to worlds that have the inverted fate of Sword of Truth nowadays, there are Worlds that have become so under-loved that I am tasked to fix that problem by any means necessary, worlds that get enough love but have the fear of them being mis-used and winding up sharing the same fate as Sword of Truth and Warhammer 40,000 in general(A la The Dresden Files and The Wheel of Time.) and worlds that still wind up falling apart like Warhammer 40,000 and Sword of Truth did.

The possibilities are very much nightmarish to say the least, it’s not gonna be a ballpark’s stroll rallying others to help fix the damages done, I just know it.
    It must be done anyway.

18. OberHerr August 16, 2014 at 11:56 pm -      #218

Such confuson
    Much qest?ons
    So uncomprhendsion

19. Commander Cross August 17, 2014 at 12:09 am -      #219

In english, Ober?

If you go make like Mike Rahl, I’ll shoot you, know this.

___

Anywho, when will site leader show the benefits of him becoming a better man according to plan?

20. Ranger Lowk August 17, 2014 at 12:33 am -      #220

“In english, Ober?”

lol Thats the first time I’ve seen that question coming From you instead of from someone else directed at you.

21. OberHerr August 17, 2014 at 12:56 am -      #221

So irony
    Much laughs
    Such table turning

22. Commander Cross August 17, 2014 at 1:14 am -      #222

@Ranger Lowk at #220

Yes I’m aware of the Irony, I’m a TV Troper
    and protocol says I’m to know of the irony at all times.
    Don’t go blaming me for admitting it now.

23. OberHerr August 17, 2014 at 2:07 am -      #223

So, I just gotta leave this here. It’s basically a series of voice actors that voice two characters you probably know.

Some of the voice actors you could add even more to the list, like Nolan North(link below), but seriously….I never noticed how similar Eyore’s and Optimus Prime’s voices are…..and Winne the Pooh and Urdnot Wrex?!

Seriously though, its an awesome video.

24. Ninja Xtreme August 17, 2014 at 5:47 am -      #224

Chris is Joker? No way! And why is Nathan Drake the Space Core? Side note, but do you go to Screwattack Commander Cross? I saw you there once.

25. Commander Cross August 17, 2014 at 5:55 am -      #225

@Ninja Xtreme at #224

Depends:

Did you see a person with a pic of a lady in a nice hat on their profile page, somewhere?
    Or did you see some guy trying to opt for a 1-vs-1 duel between two people of the Dot Hack(.Hack) universe and The Dresden Files respectively in it?
    (Specifically, Xth form Haseo vs Post-Changes Harry Dresden, with or without a Pumpkin?)

If you spotted either one, odds are good that for you, I could be that same person.

I feel that I’m on the verge of not being too hopeful on those possibilities to say the least.
    Let’s just be glad that if anyone suggests Post-Changes Dresden vs Kirito from Sword Art Online, that it’s not gonna be me, at least not on this site or others like it like ComicVine.
    Otherwise, the former Torching the latter alive with a flamethrower will be the least of the latter’s worries, trust me.

The latter’s got more of a snowball’s shot in hell against Eragon or Murtagh anyway, the latter could get a worthy opponent in Kirito in Blade-Mastery, but Kirito would definitely beat Eragon eventually in that department alone if that’s all it takes.

26. mack006 August 17, 2014 at 6:25 am -      #226

Oh wow, I was expecting the Admin to take a week off so I am kinda caught off guard by his sudden but welcoming return.
    Anyways welcome back Admin. Remember to take it easy and try not to work too hard, after all you just had surgery. Don’t stress too much, get plenty of rest and drink a lot of fluids.

27. AHEM August 18, 2014 at 12:10 am -      #227

“If I ever find a worthy fight for Murtagh, would you arrive like a fabled Calvary and storm in on there should that bridge ever get built and reached?”

Sure, I could muster the time and energy for one match, since it is MURTAGH we’re talking about, and it’d be his first actual match on this site. (Not counting his participation in the Sword of Truth vs. Alagaësia universe fight.)

28. Commander Cross August 18, 2014 at 12:20 am -      #228

@AHEM at #227

I give you my word I will fight tooth, nail and claw to find the worthy adversary needed.
    Or wind up banned and account-deleted trying, whichever happens first.

This is another mission I will take up, to be put on tabs along with whatever Universe wars not involving Alagaesia I intend to work on as far as In-site projects are concerned, think of it as my own personal ‘bucket list’ for the site in case I must leave, really.

This campaign against this site’s ‘bucket list’ of things to do will be long and hard-fought, but I intend to emerge with nothing but Victory in this campaign and Mission Accomplished, know this.

29. tychusfindlay919 August 18, 2014 at 2:57 pm -      #229

@erickyboo I’m sure in an admin v tumor match admin will ROFLSTOMP the shit out of the tumor. BankGambling award goes to admin!

30. OberHerr August 18, 2014 at 9:25 pm -      #230

I would put it at peak Murtagh. Since we lack good feats for….normal Murtagh.

31. Commander Cross August 18, 2014 at 10:01 pm -      #231

Still, even at Murtagh’s weakest incarnations, his sharpshooting’s not lackluster at all and if we wanted to host a contest for bow-using sharpshooters, he could make a worthy contestant even at those incarnations.

For Peak Murtagh in terms of Swordsmanship and Blade-Mastery, I got a lot of nominees on the top of my head but which ones would be most fair(regardless if it’s ‘Square’ or not) in a Swordfighter’s match is tricky.
    Peak Murtagh going all-out would be far trickier though, his cunning and intelligence aside, and even I have yet to find anyone during the Times of the Round Table other than Arthur Pendragon or Sir Galahad who’d be up to the task.(It doesn’t hurt that they also have blessings that tank DOMPs A.K.A Direct Offensive Magic Powers right from the get-go either, so no Kill Words on them.)

For either one of the latter 2, I might have nominees from Sword Art Online in fact if I dare mention nominees from there, should it help.
    (E.G Either Kirito or any of his leading enemies that are not brain-dead that I can recall.)

Besides, it beats the idea of Post-Changes Dresden vs Kirito being suggested by far if anyone asks me.*

1.) (Though for a twisted part of me somewhere, not that it wouldn’t be interesting at worst and entertaining at best, yes I am aware of how twisted that sounds.)

32. itcheyness August 18, 2014 at 10:43 pm -      #232

Admin’s got matches ready to post starting Wednesday!

We’re starting out with Luke Skywalker vs Link.

33. OberHerr August 18, 2014 at 10:49 pm -      #233

Better be EU Link.

But to brighten anyone’s day, someone asked why Stonehenge is called Stonehenge…..
    wiki.answers.com/Q/How_did_Stonehenge_get_its_name

34. Commander Cross August 18, 2014 at 10:55 pm -      #234

@Itcheyness at #232

I hope that if Post-Endor Luke’s intended that it’s Early!-Post-Endor intended, otherwise, bring on Total Composite Link rather than a Link based on one of the 3 Great LoZ timelines and get it over with.

__

Or go send Original!-Kagato of Tenchi Muyo or either 616 or Ultimate Alliance!-Doctor Doom of Marvel and get it over with, whichever happens first.

Also, I ought to be getting more fights suggested myself in the meantime, hence why I’d hesitate to go to the topia too often these days.

35. Ranger Lowk August 19, 2014 at 12:24 am -      #235

Ok thats creepy I recently started reading through the night angel series and was about to suggest Kyler when Admin was up to putting matches up again. Who sent that suggestion in?

36. Commander Cross August 19, 2014 at 12:32 am -      #236

@Ranger Lowk at #235

It isn’t me, because I made it clear in the past I’d send Original!-Kagato or either especially fight-worthy versions of Doctor Doom of Marvel if I could and it were up to me.

Or even the Light Novel!-version of Layfon Alseif from Chrome Shelled Regios, actually a 3-way smackdown with some of the higher-end Post-Endor incarnations of Luke, LN-Layfon and either Doctor Doom or Original!-Kagato has potential and promise to be worthwhile if done right.

___

Also, as much as I’d question my sanity for this, tell me you’re gonna send SAO’s Kirito or one of his Not-so-Brain-dead* Enemies after Kylar if you wanna go there.
    Or even Jace Wayland from The Mortal Instruments for that matter.

1.) (Not the Alfheim Lead Antagonist, that guy’s so brain-dead that I’d name hundreds of Antagonists that would Auto-kill him just by looking at him funny.)

37. Parry Boy August 19, 2014 at 7:39 am -      #237

@itcheyness
    Is it bad that I think that Luke will stomp?

38. Commander Cross August 19, 2014 at 8:32 am -      #238

@Parry Boy at #237

Only if some lunatic wants to go with Post-NJO or any of the other high-end Post-Endor variants of Luke, incarnation-wise.
    If it’s Just-before-NJO, it’s less bad, but the odds of the fighting being good aren’t too promising either since you may have to get either a Link based on one of the 3 great LoZ timelines or go with Total Composite Link.

___

For that matter, if Total Composite Link is intended to be in play, Somebody’s gonna get overkilled something horrible here, either Link or whoever Link’s fighting really.

If the suggester isn’t mutually tasteful on the incarnations, Cold Torture on the suggester’s permitted by yours truly, know this.*

1.) (Here I was, hoping to save encouraging such things for the Corrupt Police at Ferguson, unbelievable.)

39. Commander Cross August 19, 2014 at 1:56 pm -      #239

In the meantime, anyone live in Michigan, raise my hand with your mind if you can, because as far as I know, I don’t live over there.

40. OberHerr August 19, 2014 at 2:03 pm -      #240

I’d prefer if we didn’t get in a political discussion, especially one where the facts are just coming out, and are mangled and unsure as hell right now. Maybe in a week or two, when some things are more clear, but not right now. Not the race issue in it, the people dying and being hurt now because of it, etc.

41. Glutinous-Bicarbonate August 19, 2014 at 2:12 pm -      #241

@Oberdoge
    You refer to the unrest in Ferguson, no?

Missouri, actually.

What is the significance of the state of Michigan on this day, Cross?

42. Commander Cross August 19, 2014 at 2:18 pm -      #242

@Master Sarge at #241

I knew that Ferguson wasn’t in Michigan but it’s a city somewhere else in the U.S, just the exact state eluded me up until now.

___

As for why Michigan to ask about?
    If I admit that one of the reasons why I’d be asking is because a lady named ‘Mystical’ lives somewhere in Northern Michigan, and needs aid finding somewhere safer in Michigan than the Northern Areas are, would you believe me if the name rings any bells or whistles?

Either that, or does anyone know any pleasant locations outside of Northern Michigan but still on the same state, for that matter, whichever gets a proper response, first?

@OberHerr at #240

Either way, people are dying due to either a lot of Bad Decisions being made or some of the most shoddiest communications I’ve ever seen or heard, and I’ve heard a lot of both going on more times than I’d want to count, therefore both are equally as likely.

If it does turn out that a lot of Bad Cops caused this mess and it gets worse, could we pretty please suggest a group fight with the Westburo Baptist Society vs These Cops if These Cops are the majority of the culprits there?

43. Friendlysociopath August 19, 2014 at 3:24 pm -      #243

44. Ranger Lowk August 19, 2014 at 4:03 pm -      #244

“Hmm, does anyone think a Jackie Chan vs Dwayne Johnson battle would be fun? All movie incarnations, immortality is off?”

45. cuccolover August 19, 2014 at 4:13 pm -      #245

*see’s oberherrs new picture* thats both cool and funny.

46. Friendlysociopath August 19, 2014 at 4:33 pm -      #246

“Not currently because Dwayne seems to be hinting that he’s going to end up playing a character around man of steel’s level.”

Really? THE TIME TO STRIKE IS NOW- BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE! Also, could that have been Hercules?

47. Darth Bombad August 19, 2014 at 5:50 pm -      #247

Didn’t jackie have that movie The Medalion?, where he could fly, heal, etc.
    I can’t remember exactly but he was all superpowered.
    And i’m not sure Hercules (non Marvel version) is Man of Steel level.

My moneys on either Shazam, or for a surprise Martion Manhunter.
    Also Ober is now Star Fox?……Do A Barrel Roll!!!!.

48. Commander Cross August 19, 2014 at 5:54 pm -      #248

Does anyone remember what I said on Michigan, for that matter?

49. Ranger Lowk August 19, 2014 at 6:00 pm -      #249

“My moneys on either Shazam, or for a surprise Martion Manhunter”

I’m betting it’s probably Shazam based too. Can’t really see him as Manhunter.

50. CH1C4N0444 is allergic to bullets August 19, 2014 at 6:15 pm -      #250

“Also Ober is now Star Fox?”

Seems more like Star Doge to me.
    “My moneys on either Shazam, or for a surprise Martion Manhunter.”

moviepilot.com/posts/2014/08/19/the-rock-confirms-his-upcoming-dc-role-but-what-is-it-2205335

51. Glutinous-Bicarbonate August 19, 2014 at 6:32 pm -      #251

@Cross

You are convinced of some undisclosed threat towards the populace of Northern Michigan…In particular, a person of some personal concern to you referred to as “Mystical.”

Is this correct?

52. Commander Cross August 19, 2014 at 7:34 pm -      #252

@Master Sarge at #251

Yes, you might recognize her from her cameo appearance in Ragnarok Debaters if it means anything.
    I’m asking it because if she does ring any bells and anyone on that site lives in Michigan(Just not at Northern Locations in that state.) then if they’d remember any pleasant places or locations elsewhere in Michigan to suggest moving towards.
    Not necessarily any Big City locations though.

If anyone lives in Michigan(but again not the Northern parts of it.) and can actually be of help to Mystical, herself, they’re welcome to be our guests and be even more welcome if they know of any honest-to-Big-G-Man-God-Pleasant-Locations while they’re at it.

53. Glutinous-Bicarbonate August 19, 2014 at 7:44 pm -      #253

Is there something you know that we don’t? Is there going to be a zombie outbreak? Xenomorph infestation? Skrull invasion? Why do you find it imperative that she leave?

54. Commander Cross August 19, 2014 at 7:49 pm -      #254

To be honest, if she doesn’t find a pleasant place outside of Northern Michigan but-still-same-state to move by this Friday, she’d wind up in the Streets to live there.
    Short and simple enough for you, or do I have to say a bit more before anyone starts helping?
    Please answer quickly.

1.) (Be they of Ragnarok Debaters or Real Talkers, it matters not to me at this time, it matters now if anyone from either be rallying and you can save talking ‘who led the charge of aid’ first for after that crisis is dealt with, and not before then.)

55. Numinous One August 19, 2014 at 8:06 pm -      #255

“Who sent that suggestion in?”

Maaaybe me.

56. Commander Cross August 19, 2014 at 8:09 pm -      #256

@Numinous One at #255

Depending on which LoZ timeline’s intended for Link in any case, I could go see what I can find for Link depending on incarnations for both sides.
    ___

For that matter, tell me you know of others who live in Michigan as well while you’re at it.

57. Glutinous-Bicarbonate August 19, 2014 at 8:20 pm -      #257

I have no good answer for you Cross. I live hundreds of miles from there, never visited.

58. Commander Cross August 19, 2014 at 8:22 pm -      #258

@Master Sarge at #257

Still for what it’s worth, could you ask around to check if anyone ever lives at or visited that state?

I might get out of my temporary self-imposed Exile from the Topia temporarily to ask around and see if there be better odds, once I know where to place the thread first?

Who knows?

Hopefully I’d find somebody around there from the Topia who could provide aid.

59. Aelfinn August 19, 2014 at 8:44 pm -      #259

“Its what inevitably happens to our bodies due to our cells losing info every time they duplicate and remake themselves. Though it is accelerated or decreased by certain things, and is different with everyone. ”

Not really. I could tell you more about what causes cancer and the telomeres you are talking about, but I really don’t want to bore anyone or swing too big of a biochemistry dick around.
    “Better be EU Link.”

LOL does this mean we’re using Composite Luke?

60. Numinous One August 19, 2014 at 8:55 pm -      #260

“Tell me you’ve intended for Early Post-Endor Luke vs either a specified incarnation of Link or a Link based on One of the 3 Great LoZ timelines at highest end required.”

What?
    Sorry mate, I’ve nothing to do with that match, I was responding to Lowk regarding Kylar.

Also I wouldn’t have a clue about anything to do with Michigan, I’m in Australia.

61. Commander Cross August 19, 2014 at 8:58 pm -      #261

@Councilor Aelfinn at #259

While I’m more worried about if anyone here lives in Michigan or not, I gotta admit, I like and enjoy what you did, there, if anything. :D

Still, anyone up to the task around here to provide aid?

___

@Numinous one at #260

It’s on the off-chance you’re the suggester if anything, most equal incarnations is ideal here.

__

You know of New Zealand, yes?

62. Ranger Lowk August 19, 2014 at 9:36 pm -      #262

“I suggested Kylar vs Vin and a What if, with Kylar, Durzo and Vi hunting the Companions of the Hall.”

Cool. Guess that another reason I could get to finishing the series.
    “We’re starting out with Luke Skywalker vs Link.”

You know originally I believed that Link owns but thinking on it, Luke displayed Link like acrobatics, and was able to apply enough force to lift an X-wing.

63. Aelfinn August 19, 2014 at 9:43 pm -      #263

@Commander Cross
    I wish I could be of help to this Mystical, whoever she is, but I may have only fleetingly passed through Michigan once in my life. I’m not sure what “there” you are talking about, but I’m glad I did something you liked and enjoyed.

64. Xornell August 19, 2014 at 10:26 pm -      #264

“We’re starting out with Luke Skywalker vs Link.”

FUCK YEAH! This was my suggestion! First one back! Eat it, bitches!

Edit: I don’t think this was one I suggested while drunk. Although if it is, sorry in advance if it’s a complete disaster. I think I was proud of this one so it’s probably good.

65. Commander Cross August 19, 2014 at 10:45 pm -      #265

@Xornell at #264

Just make sure we’re talking most equal incarnations for both sides allowed and nothing more or less than that, okay?
    (IF you are the suggester.)

Anyway, anyone’s been at, visited or lived at Michigan?

66. Xornell August 19, 2014 at 10:46 pm -      #266

Pretty sure it’s equal. I’d say what exactly I put in here but I’d rather wait until tomorrow.

67. Soulerous August 19, 2014 at 10:54 pm -      #267

@Orber- “Winne the Pooh and Urdnot Wrex?!
    ~
    Jim Cummings voiced Urdnot Wreav, not Wrex, Wrex is voiced by Steven Barr.

68. OberHerr August 20, 2014 at 12:54 am -      #268

But, ah. I see. Still weird.

69. Ranger Lowk August 20, 2014 at 1:08 am -      #269

“ITSOBER DAMMIT WHY DOES EVERYONE ALWAYS CALL ME ORBERSPAKRJEWJDLSJASFAJFOQDODQJWDWQJ!!!!#@$%!@##!@#!#@!”

Obororhurr? Was that it, am I close?

EDIT: It’s kind of funny though I did actually confuse your names when you both posted on the SM vs darktroope for a sec. Tell I noticed the R and lack of herr

70. OberHerr August 20, 2014 at 1:50 am -      #270

The Herr is why I never understand why people mix us up. Plus I have sexy caps.

71. Neon Lord August 20, 2014 at 4:04 am -      #271

OrberHerr.

72. Ranger Lowk August 20, 2014 at 4:09 am -      #272

Leon Nord…
    EDIT: I think I just make a skyrim character name?

73. OberHerr August 20, 2014 at 7:45 am -      #273

Langer Rowk

74. CH1C4N0444 is allergic to bullets August 21, 2014 at 3:07 am -      #274

First off, YAY FP’s BACK!
    Secondly, how do I check future matches? I know someone mentioned it before on a match, but I didn’t pay attention and forgot how to do it.
    @Lowk Is there any feat besides this one: static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111116419/3157914-superman%27s+planet+shaking+punch+part+1.jpg where Supes is shaking the planet with his blows? I seem to remember you posting a scan of Supes doing just that with a different guy on the Supes vs Thor thread, but most of the links either don’t work or I just can’t find it. If it helps any it was Supes duking it out with some other guy at night near/in a city. If you remember what the scan was thanks, if not, thanks anyways. I thought maybe it was Wraith, but I just looked into some of his stuff and didn’t see it, so I don’t know.

75. Ranger Lowk August 21, 2014 at 5:22 am -      #275

“Langer Rowk”

HberOerr…lol I’m not even sure that pronounceable
    “I thought maybe it was Wraith, but I just looked into some of his stuff and didn’t see it, so I don’t know.”

76. CH1C4N0444 is allergic to bullets August 21, 2014 at 3:03 pm -      #276

“He supposed to be having a big all out fight with Wraith starting in next month’s issue of superman unchained though.”

I noticed that after I was going through them. Could’ve sworn it was him though.
    “As for the instance your referring to it might have been his fight with Orion but that fight only shook metropolis not the whole planet.”

I looked it up, doesn’t seem like that’s the fight either. Can you recall any other instances of something similar?

77. Commander Cross August 21, 2014 at 5:35 pm -      #277

So how is everyone else?
    Also when will Xornell hurry up and get back to us on matters?

78. captain napalm August 21, 2014 at 7:08 pm -      #278

Man, I know you said not to cry (though in a more general sense), but damn, I’m tearing up at this. Sir, I salute you.

(Yeah, even though subsequent posts mean I know you made it; the fact you were able to go to what could have been your death with such a positive attitude is just incredibly impressive.)

79. Ranger Lowk August 21, 2014 at 11:05 pm -      #279

“Can you recall any other instances of something similar?”

80. CH1C4N0444 is allergic to bullets August 22, 2014 at 2:57 am -      #280

“He fought a guy that split a deathstar ripoff in half and kicked half of it to what looked like Jupiter.”

Scans please?

81. Ranger Lowk August 22, 2014 at 4:19 am -      #281

“Scans please?”

Fairly short.
    static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111117347/3919195-3157478-2013-07-03%2B07-23-45%2B-%2Baction%2Bcomics%2B(2011-)%2B022-005.jpg

static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/11111/111117347/3919172-3153816-action%2Bcomics%2B%282011-%29%2B022-014.jpg
    static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3153817-action+comics+(2011-)+022-015.jpg

82. CH1C4N0444 is allergic to bullets August 22, 2014 at 5:01 am -      #282

@Lowk Doesn’t seem to be it either. Thanks for trying man!

Modern Gaming

Sad but true.

Curiosity Rover Spotted by Mars Orbiter on Mount Sharp

Humanity is the invading alien now...