Be Your Own Hero

Be Your Own Hero

Hey Facts.

This might be the last post for the site. I am having surgery on 8/11 where they need to remove some skull and expose the brain in order to remove a cancerous tumor I have in my frontal sinus.

I’ve decided instead of doing my usual method of trying to serve up a bunch of posts automatically while I’m out of commission to instead leave with this message.

There are so many things that can happen with the surgery. I might wake up and everything is normal – which of course is what I am hoping for. I might have a stroke. I might lose my personality, I could go into a coma for years, or I might not make it out at all.

In light of this news, I hardly have the desire to do anything else than spend time with my family. Should the surgery be successful you will know – more posts will arrive to the site.

Otherwise, the site will go offline most likely sometime in early September.

So now that all that’s out of the way, let’s move on.

I’ve always loved this image used for this post because of the way the world runs today. I think it’s a message that more of us need to acknowledge. Why must you find power or the definition of success in others? You are the only person that can make changes in your life. You are the one who will reflect on your life at some point and will have to decide if you did everything you wanted.

Why be afraid to try new things? NO ONE GETS OUT ALIVE! We are all going to pass in some manner, so enjoy the things in life that make you happy. Of course, make sure those habits are not at the expense of someone else!

This site has always focused on the feats of something that some fictional character can do. Of course, none of us can instantly teleport to Mars and survive, but we have many powers that can help others. Sometimes the best part of a conversation is just listening to someone without judgement. Have an open mind to consider an opposite point of view, even if it is completely against your personal beliefs. You aren’t doing that to be considerate, but to be an intelligent person who can accurately understand an opposite point of view and why a person would think that way.

My short time on this planet has taught me that life never goes as you planned. People are more courageous than they think they are. Adversity makes you understand exactly what you want out of life. Being nice is not a weakness.

Some people enter into your life only for a certain amount of time. Others will be there for your entire life. Enjoy those who want to spend their time with you – since that clearly means you have something that compels them to do so.

I could go on for hours on other tidbits, but that would just be rambling. Instead, I’ll finish with my favorite quote of all time, from Dr Seuss:

“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”

image source

« Previous 1 2 3

282 Comments on "Be Your Own Hero"

1. erickyboo August 10, 2014 at 10:27 pm -      #101

Ugh.. I wanted to make a robotic image of an invid mecha commander I think. Problem is, I started but I don’t think I can finish it today… and the surgery is tomorrow I think..
    But we have confidence in admin don’t we? He will probably live for me to finish it later right?

2. OberHerr August 10, 2014 at 11:07 pm -      #102

Well, good luck Admin. I’ll be thinking of your tomorrow. If everything goes well, I’m sure we’ll find out. If not, God speed and God bless.

3. the watcher August 11, 2014 at 4:45 pm -      #103

Anyone want to make a poster depicting the most famous combatants BankGambling’s had over it for when Admin gets back? With a big BankGambling logo over it and Admin’s new or old avatar. I would, but my art skills are shit.

4. jackn8r August 11, 2014 at 4:55 pm -      #104

I guess I’m a little late to this, but keep strong admin. I think I speak for us all when I say we really appreciate everything you do with this site and hope for the best with this.

5. Ranger Lowk August 11, 2014 at 4:58 pm -      #105

“Anyone want to make a poster depicting the most famous combatants BankGambling’s had over it for when Admin gets back?”

6. Commander Cross August 11, 2014 at 5:58 pm -      #106

No love for Tenchi Muyo or Gurren Lagann either, let alone Super Robot Wars!?

Sons and Daughters, I am disappoint. >.>

For fans of Doctor Seuss, I could imagine a Butter-Battle Book-esque situation where The Dresden Files and Tenchi Muyo start testing on who does what first for whatever reason, personally and it would be awesome if it fits somewhere in the backgrounds.
    :cool:

___

Or you can just have Ryo-ohki go ahead and interact with the Dresden Residence’s pets like Mouse, Mister and the guest star in Zombie Sue the Zombified T-Rex, that’s also cool as well.

___

Alas, if you’d only opt for just one of the above, at least SRW has Macross in it somewhere, that’s gotta count for something. ;_;

7. CH1C4N0444 is allergic to bullets August 11, 2014 at 6:43 pm -      #107

@Kara Puscifer has Maynard right? That song sounds a lot like Tool and A Perfect Circle, not in style, but vocalization.
    “Also, I never realized that there were so many Christians here in BankGambling.”

Me neither, knew OA and GuardianAngel were, but besides that didn’t think there were too many out there.
    “So Master chief in the middle superman, samus, richard, rand, Dresden, Boba fett and Dante. Surrounded by images of star wars fighting wh40k, fighting star trek, fighting forerunners, fighting stargate. With Marvel/DC character spread throughout.”

Have Goku getting the crap beat out of him by Supes. somewhere in there, and the Hulk getting tossed into the sun by Thor.

8. Glutinous-Bicarbonate August 11, 2014 at 7:46 pm -      #108

Were Admin here and well enough to do so, I would ask of him to post officially about what I am about to say.

For I regret to inform the community of BankGambling that we have lost Robin Williams this day, may he live forever in the Hall of the Gods in glory and Splendor.

Rest in Peace, you man of character.

9. Ninja Xtreme August 11, 2014 at 8:00 pm -      #109

What about Nintendo reseting the universe against Warhammer 40K? Oh and Samus whipping Lara Croft, Master Chief, and Snake.

Wait, Robin Williams died? Nooooooo! I loved his movies! R.I.P, you awesome actor you.

10. OberHerr August 11, 2014 at 8:01 pm -      #110

RIP Mr. Williams. Probably one of my favorite comedians of all time.

And as for the Admin, I have no idea if a surgery as serious as yours would be over by now, but I hope if it is your fine, and if its not that all is going well.

11. Ranger Lowk August 11, 2014 at 8:06 pm -      #111

RIP Williams. You were a welcome brightside in a otherwise crazy fucked up world.

12. Hac148 August 11, 2014 at 9:09 pm -      #112

Please do not let the passing of Robin Williams be a bad omen, Good luck today, Admin.

13. Expert August 11, 2014 at 10:41 pm -      #113

Hello everyone, I just wanted to give you all a update on the Admin and his status. His Surgery went really well and the doctors got all the cancer out (hopefully). He’s hurting a lot, but after 10 1/2 hours of surgery they are keeping him medicated in ICU tonight. He is doing well considering but like I said he is in a lot of pain and not out of the woods yet since he is still in ICU.

The admin is one of my best friends in real life and is a great man. If anyone will pull through this better then ever it will be him.

Winner: Everyone.

14. OberHerr August 11, 2014 at 10:57 pm -      #114

GREAT NEWS! :D

Try to keep us somewhat updated if you would.

15. Commander Cross August 11, 2014 at 11:07 pm -      #115

The Truce of the Surgery will hold out.
    Thus far it’s all according to plan.

16. Commander Farsight August 11, 2014 at 11:08 pm -      #116

Awesome news that Admin is okay! Here’s hoping he’ll be back on his feet soon!

Also, Admin definitely earned that Ultimate FP award!

17. Tarbel August 11, 2014 at 11:31 pm -      #117

Today I get aw cuz Robin Williams died. But today I get yay cuz admin is alright.
    the mixed…

18. Expert August 12, 2014 at 12:25 am -      #118

I will keep you all updated with any information I know as things go forward throughout the week.

19. erickyboo August 12, 2014 at 12:33 am -      #119

Yay!!!!!!!! He’s alive! Thank you expert! Well he’s still not exactly finished yet. Let’s keep hoping!

20. pimpmage August 12, 2014 at 12:36 am -      #120

Oh man, what I would give to see admin with one of those augmetic eyes, 40k style of course…

i17.fastpic.ru/big/2011/0306/bc/ad04dc3bb4f810f3d33f1e03c4e398bc.jpg

Oh, and some of those sweeeeet sweet head tubes….. to finish the look of course!

21. CH1C4N0444 is allergic to bullets August 12, 2014 at 12:41 am -      #121

@Expert Great to here! It’s glad to hear that Admin’s doing alright!

22. Darth Bombad August 12, 2014 at 2:37 am -      #122

Thank you Expert!, i’ll continue to hope and pray for him. :)
    The Force is indeed strong with The Admin, he shall rise again.

23. OriginalA August 12, 2014 at 3:20 am -      #123

Expert said: “Winner: Everyone”

FUCK YEAH!

Thanks for the update, Expert.

24. Parry Boy August 12, 2014 at 5:45 am -      #124

@expert
    I Came.
    For the one who was supposed to make a poster, put in vid game characters, like Cole and the PS2 trio. Maybe some Xbox and Ninten chars, too,

25. Namer August 12, 2014 at 6:46 am -      #125

That’s great news about Admin. The hardest part’s over now, I’m sure he’ll pull through.

26. Kara Zor-El August 12, 2014 at 7:49 am -      #126

That’s good news Expert. Come on Admin, we’re all rooting for ya!

27. PrimusxPilus August 12, 2014 at 12:12 pm -      #127

Nuggets of happiness, more valuable than gold

28. wingedlion August 12, 2014 at 2:24 pm -      #128

this is wonderful news. thanks expert.

29. Aelfinn August 12, 2014 at 3:05 pm -      #129

That is fantastic news. Thank you, Expert. For once, I agree with you on who the winners are.

30. batman3.14 August 12, 2014 at 4:12 pm -      #130

Great news!!! :)

31. Xornell August 12, 2014 at 5:04 pm -      #131

This comes as a relief. I’d be upset if, among other things, “What if Howard the Duck Replaced Master Chief?” was the final chapter of this glorious site’s legacy.

32. Darth Bombad August 12, 2014 at 5:28 pm -      #132

@Xornell

“I’d be upset if, among other things, “What if Howard the Duck Replaced
    Master Chief?” was the final chapter of this glorious site’s legacy.”

I was going to say the exact same thing, LoL! that would suck!.
    I just wanted to be sure that The Admin was ok first.
    We need an epic match to celebrate his triumphant return.

33. Xornell August 12, 2014 at 5:31 pm -      #133

“We need an epic match to celebrate his triumphant return.”

I’ve suggested quite a few recently, including my own little What If…

34. pimpmage August 12, 2014 at 6:16 pm -      #134

How about one big clusterfuck of star wars/star trek/40k/mass effect/halo/Facts?

35. Kaladin Stormblessed August 12, 2014 at 6:55 pm -      #135

Star Wars (Legends) V Star Trek V Stargate V Warhammer 40K V Mass Effect V Halo? Why not? It sounds like a great idea.

36. OberHerr August 12, 2014 at 6:59 pm -      #136

“What if…..everything ever thought of, made, or conceived fought each other?”

There. I think I got it covered.

37. Ranger Lowk August 12, 2014 at 7:17 pm -      #137

Why bother with adding Mass Effect?

38. OberHerr August 12, 2014 at 7:25 pm -      #138

Yeah, I was thinking that. Maybe Halo, if we make it Forerunners/Flood Era, but Mass Effect? Composite ME can’t beat any of those.

39. Commander Cross August 12, 2014 at 7:39 pm -      #139

@Pimpmage at #134

Aww, I was hoping to see that fight with Marvel 616’s and Comic DC’s Earths up against a couple of prepared Worlds/Galaxies/Universes that can fight them without dying all over the place.

___

Well it’s either that, or I got a fight in Seattle, Washington I had in mind but all you people need to know is that some people with the surnames of ‘Steele’ or ‘Grey’ are not ensured any hope of evacuations or survival at all, you hear me?

___

As for that thought, perhaps the right Gurren Lagann Era could be picked?

40. pimpmage August 12, 2014 at 8:15 pm -      #140

If Facts were part of that fight, they could use whatever inside knowledge (in person) on weaknesses or strategies to help their side.

41. OberHerr August 12, 2014 at 8:37 pm -      #141

Commander Cross…..LET IT GO WITH GURREN LAGANN!!!!!

42. Commander Cross August 12, 2014 at 8:40 pm -      #142

Well I can’t go with Space Runaway Ideon or Megas XLR either in terms of factions.

What about Dexter’s Laboratory if we want to gather factions from that series?

___

Or even anything from Saint’s Row, 4 that matter?

43. Rhododendron August 12, 2014 at 10:02 pm -      #143

Thanks for the update mr.expert! here’s hoping he makes a full and well recovery.

44. Commander Cross August 12, 2014 at 10:45 pm -      #144

Well, does anyone else here watch Red vs Blue?

45. Ranger Lowk August 12, 2014 at 10:51 pm -      #145

“Well, does anyone else here watch Red vs Blue?”

Judging by the Meta and Tex matches I’d say yes.

46. Commander Cross August 12, 2014 at 10:55 pm -      #146

Excellent to hear.

I may also have ideas in regards to Red vs Blue so also keep a sharp eye out for that, okay?

Red vs Blue has a lot more supernatural things than some series I know, yet a hell of a lot less of such content than many more I’m not gonna list now, the few worlds I listed above aside.

47. Friendlysociopath August 12, 2014 at 11:09 pm -      #147

48. Ranger Lowk August 13, 2014 at 1:46 am -      #148

“Personally I’d like to see some RWBY matches- but I suppose we should probably wait for Season 2 to finish since it’s still ongoing.”

I had been trying but didn’t really know who to place them in at the time. I’d say after that food fight episode I might have a character or two they could go up against.

49. Commander Cross August 13, 2014 at 2:47 am -      #149

@Ranger Lowk at #148

I might have a list of nominees for residents of RWBY as well.
    Some of the nominees have already been sealed after the first few episodes in Volume 02 anyway, and is Valkyrie Cain from The World of Skulduggery Pleasant among the nominees?(Her Dark Side that already got a few fights on-site can be Last-Resort worthy though.)

If she’s included, is the ‘Former’ Terror of Death still at the same list as Val?
    I mostly want incentive to go charge in, myself.

___

Unless of course anyone wants to try Red vs Blue vs RWBY, which while said Universe War has potential, it also depends on the eras/seasons/volumes we’re talking about for where they start.

Robin Williams and his family are fans of The Legend of Zelda multi-verse if it helps, I hope this counts for something positive, shame that the former’s not among us. ;_;

Will the Leader of the Site return a Better Man as planned?

I’m tempted to go ahead and green-light allowing for the Westburo Baptist ‘Society’ to go get caught in the crossfire if the fighting needs evacuating, myself.

I’ve no clue whether to smile on the fact I have so many violent ideas going on, or to feel horrified, but either way I’m in the mood for some carnage at the moment.

Either that or to look up a tribute vid to Robin Williams, whichever might make me feel better.

50. Parry Boy August 13, 2014 at 3:43 am -      #150

@cross
    This will make you feel better.
    This was basically how I reacted as well to the death of Robin.

51. Ranger Lowk August 13, 2014 at 4:23 am -      #151

“This was basically how I reacted as well to the death of Robin.”

Wait, which Robin?
    Edit: Because I thought everyone hated The last one.

On the topic of the video, there were no holes punched in walls or seriously damaged objects, and I bet he didn’t even say anything that would tear his family apart. Pssh
    I’d give that freakout about 5 outta 10.

52. Parry Boy August 13, 2014 at 4:35 am -      #152

@lowk
    Robin Williams, my good sir.

That was a starter.
    He was destroying his house later episodes on.
    www.youtube.com/user/wafflepwn

53. Ranger Lowk August 13, 2014 at 5:31 am -      #153

“Robin Williams, my good sir.”

It has just occurred to me that I had never addressed him outside of his full name. It’s weird seeing him just stated as Robin.
    Actually I guess thats true for any celeberity.

54. Parry Boy August 13, 2014 at 6:00 am -      #154

Not when it comes to Robert.

55. Kara Zor-El August 13, 2014 at 8:35 am -      #155

Which Robert?
    _
    Heh, we all know it’s RDJ xD

56. The Sony Girl August 13, 2014 at 10:07 am -      #156

Go admin! Thanks for that info, expert! And yes, everyone wins!

57. Expert August 13, 2014 at 12:39 pm -      #157

I have another update for everyone regarding the admin…He was moved out of ICU yesterday afternoon and is doing well. His pain is very intense but he’s getting some good meds for it. The doctors said once they are done draining excess blood and fluid that was leaked. He can come home. As early as today! or Thursday!!

This is great news!

58. Rookie August 13, 2014 at 12:48 pm -      #158

Great news indeed!
    I am glad that Admin is ok.

59. Friendlysociopath August 13, 2014 at 2:17 pm -      #159

“For those wondering where I have been, remember that bike accident I had a few weeks ago? Well I fell off my bike again and I fell on the same part of my head and had to have stitches placed. It still hurts though, so I’m wondering if you guys can post funny stuff.”

Well… first I’d have to ask what the hell you did for gravity for it to hate you so.

But, I can find you some comics you might like depending on your interests- they’re supposed to be funny.

Final Fantasy
    www.nuklearpower.com/2001/03/02/episode-001-were-going-where/

Dungeons and Dragons
    www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0001.html

and then I could try a joke… nah, screw that

And yes, admin 1, tumor 0. Fuck you tumor!

60. Hac148 August 13, 2014 at 4:15 pm -      #160

Admin lives!!!!!
    Add him to the FP hall of fame!!!

61. Parry Boy August 13, 2014 at 5:16 pm -      #161

@hac
    Admin IS the Hall of Fame. Admin IS BankGambling.

62. Alpha or Omega August 13, 2014 at 6:20 pm -      #162

I’m sorry I haven’t been on to support you during your time of need admin, but I am really glad and happy that you’re alive.

63. Kara Zor-El August 13, 2014 at 6:46 pm -      #163

This is excellent news ^^

64. MatthiasTheWanderer August 13, 2014 at 7:55 pm -      #164

@Parry

65. Friendlysociopath August 13, 2014 at 8:30 pm -      #165

“Still, it was posted, so I say we should make it official. Admin for FP award, who’s in?”

I say go for it

66. Soulerous August 13, 2014 at 9:19 pm -      #166

Thank you for the updates, Expert. We greatly appreciate it.

67. mack006 August 13, 2014 at 9:22 pm -      #167

Nothing can stop the Admin, NOTHING!!!

Thank you so much for the updates Expert.

68. The Sony Girl August 14, 2014 at 7:50 am -      #168

@FriendlySociopath
    Maybe it’s because I hated Gravity the movie. Thanks for those stuff, but can anyone give me more?

69. wingedlion August 14, 2014 at 9:42 am -      #169

i’m pretty late to this, but this is great news. i’m glad that admin is out of the woods at this point.

70. Kara Zor-El August 14, 2014 at 10:16 am -      #170

Sorry to hear you fell off your bike again. This is one of my favourite Webcomics, hope you enjoy it ^^
    _
    www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch01/ch01_01.html

71. Megaraptor18 August 14, 2014 at 10:38 am -      #171

This is outstanding news! Get well soon Admin!

72. hellboy147 August 14, 2014 at 12:34 pm -      #172

Wish you speedy recovery Admin, you got a lot of durability :) Get well soon!

73. admin August 14, 2014 at 7:38 pm -      #173

Everyone – I am back home today. My head hurts like hell. But in a week or so the site will resume regular posting activity. Thanks for all the messages everyone left here – all of it meant a lot to me.

74. erickyboo August 14, 2014 at 7:49 pm -      #174

Admin! You are here! Yay! Yay! Yay! I should edit the image and put the BankGambling award!

75. Hac148 August 14, 2014 at 8:04 pm -      #175

God Bless you, Admin, good luck in recovery.

76. Kara Zor-El August 14, 2014 at 8:26 pm -      #176

Glad to see you’re doing good!

77. OberHerr August 14, 2014 at 8:37 pm -      #177

Happy your ok Admin. Hope you recover soon.

78. Commander Cross August 14, 2014 at 8:50 pm -      #178

All has went according to plan, as one way or another the Leader becomes A Better Man after this matter.

It’s Exactly-As-Planned.

79. PrimusxPilus August 14, 2014 at 8:51 pm -      #179

Glad you’re home well admin. And welcome “home” to us

80. OberHerr August 14, 2014 at 8:57 pm -      #180

media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5ozpnlzWh1qcwic6.gif

81. the watcher August 14, 2014 at 9:06 pm -      #181

Welcome back Admin.

82. Ranger Lowk August 14, 2014 at 11:05 pm -      #182

Aaaand cue triumphant anime theme music.

83. Sauroposeidon August 15, 2014 at 12:30 am -      #183

So to follow up my last post…

Did you attain super powers?

84. The Sony Girl August 15, 2014 at 12:56 am -      #184

Yeah! Take that tumor! I can only cringe at how much pain you’re going through. I could barely stay conscious when I was recovering from getting stitches on my head.

85. OriginalA August 15, 2014 at 1:01 am -      #185

Awesome!
    Admin for the BankGambling Award is confirmed now.

86. Parry Boy August 15, 2014 at 5:55 am -      #186

*Taps*

87. Hermit August 15, 2014 at 6:20 am -      #187

Congratulations Admin!
    This one seems appropriate.

88. Parry Boy August 15, 2014 at 6:28 am -      #188

@hermit
    MY MUSIC.
    IS BETTER.

89. Hermit August 15, 2014 at 7:46 am -      #189

“MY MUSIC.
    IS BETTER.”
    That is a matter of opinion. The music is familiar though, where’d you get it?
    Also, not trying to start a competition, but I just really, really want to share this.

90. Parry Boy August 15, 2014 at 7:49 am -      #190

@hermit
    I was just kidding.

I searched in google: the greatest music of all time and this came out

Awesome.

91. Neon Lord August 15, 2014 at 8:03 am -      #191

Our lord has returned!

92. Parry Boy August 15, 2014 at 8:43 am -      #192

@neon
    Well that’s definitely not you, you’re just a herald that may or may not hold a candle to THE Lord

93. Ninja Xtreme August 15, 2014 at 9:46 am -      #193

Take that, ya stupid tumor! Flawless Victory for Admin!

94. Neon Lord August 15, 2014 at 10:12 am -      #194

@Parry
    I just realised what i said. Let me rephrase that.

Our OVERlord has returned!

95. Envoy August 15, 2014 at 12:41 pm -      #195

*Final Fantasy victory theme*

96. Glutinous-Bicarbonate August 15, 2014 at 3:05 pm -      #196

Sorry Odin, but this is one great warrior you’ll have to keep waiting for!

97. Ranger Lowk August 15, 2014 at 3:19 pm -      #197

Guys dont you watch movies. Never mock the tumor or death, that how horror movies start.

98. Parry Boy August 15, 2014 at 5:33 pm -      #198

@Lowk
    I think white people moving to new houses or Asians in school at night is how a horror movie starts.

99. wingedlion August 15, 2014 at 5:48 pm -      #199

glad to see that admin is back.

100. OberHerr August 15, 2014 at 5:54 pm -      #200

And I always thought Horror movies started with some random names.

« Previous 1 2 3