Faltered Resuscitation

Faltered Resuscitation

By Ezeekial Zoratium

I know my opinion probably no longer holds any weight around here anymore due to the induction of more “seasoned” and “serious” debaters, but fuck man…I don’t know what it is. Argumentatively, the site is doing just fine, except for the fact that somehow the Covenant is on par with factions inside the Star Wars universe, or how universes such as WH40k and Star Wars are being downplayed while Star Trek and other franchises formerly regarded as lower tier can now hold their own based off of practically no evidence whatsoever. I’ll give credit where it’s needed, however. ZomB, Xornell (despite the annoying as fuck avatar), Ragnorke, and Ober Herr are quality debaters. I don’t have to forage through regurgitated fanboyism just to understand what is going on. You have also provided me with info on universes that I had no idea what their capacities were. Xornell especially, you make reading stats and power outputs enjoyable like they used to be during the days of AlphaCommando and the like.

That being said, aside from the debating there is really nothing pulling me (or if I am as communally cognizant to the desires of others, anyone else for that matter) to the main site anymore. The only reason I’m not contributing like I used to is due to the fact that the Colorado legal system has tried so hard to inseminate my rectum with their abominable seed of pro social quid pro quo and the ubiquitous threat of annihilation if I even so much as thrust a scalpel into the air out of sheer defiance. The short version is, I can’t have my camera to make comics with and I have no idea what the fuck is going on with any of the newcomers or erstwhile denizens. I feel like the Vietnam veteran they only keep around to keep ties with their past and by extension the seeming validity the presence of elders provides, but other than that everyone thinks I’m incurably insane. It fucking sucks. Yet for whatever reason I can’t muster it up to just leave this once and for all. I want to stay, but have I become antiquated? I’m not even feeling sorry for myself when I ask this, I’m being dead fucking serious. This comes as an admonition to not let whatever argumentative prowess you have become a form of elitism, shit, I already deal with enough of that on the Topia where no one reads my posts or heeds them in anyway due to being pigeonholed as the neighborhood incorrigible.

I only approach thee in so accessible a venue because I don’t want to lose my roots to this place. I’m the last of a nigh extinct species. Who is still around from 2009 on here anymore? I have seen my fair share site adaptations and re-configurations. For the most part the lot of you are indistinguishable. Maybe once I am exonerated from these manacles I can inject the site yet again with my own flair. I know a hell of a lot of you would appreciate that. So far almost the whole cast list for my comics is gone, giving the rest of you a chance for the effigial arrival you’ve all been waiting for. I don’t want this to come off as bitching, that wasn’t my intention. Just heed the warnings of the direction the site is going in. I’m not even saying it’s going in a bad direction, but I just don’t want to become an anachronism. Consider this I guess a formal declaration of my want to contribute but not really even knowing if I’m welcome or even if I’m comfortable doing so…

« Previous 1 2

116 Comments on "Faltered Resuscitation"

1. Blood Dancer July 21, 2014 at 11:33 pm -      #101

Life happened to him. Won’t go into detail…because it’s none of my business.

Move on gents…

2. Commander Cross July 21, 2014 at 11:40 pm -      #102

Where we last left, Star Wars vs Dragon Ball Z was a ‘reality’, The Dark Ages ended with The 40K Heresy and 40K in general’s subsequent fall, and now here we are.

___

Short, simple and to the point. :D

3. Aelfinn July 22, 2014 at 12:05 am -      #103

Despite my previous anger, I hope you stick around, Baron Somebody.
    Also: Blood Dancer!

4. TheSorrow July 22, 2014 at 12:27 am -      #104

If it’s going to be more soap boxes or if I am forced to imagine every sentence he types wearing tiny fedora’s over each one. I don’t think it would be a good idea.

5. Darth Bombad July 22, 2014 at 12:53 am -      #105

Wow! Sorrow must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
    (hint its the douche side)
    No ones forcing you to be here, if you don’t like it, or if this doesn’t
    interest you why don’t you just leave?.

Even after his overly melodramatic blow out, (and insulting of everyone)
    some people were still trying to be nice or at least civil to Baron.
    Then you constantly interrupt them with more insults and cyberbullying.

We get it you don’t like him, get over yourself and Get The Fuck Out!.

6. Commander Cross July 22, 2014 at 12:55 am -      #106

Baron Somebody is interesting, I wanna learn more about this worthy fellow.

7. Aelfinn July 22, 2014 at 1:03 am -      #107

Alright, let’s not blow any gaskets. I want him to stick around because I don’t like people leaving.

8. TheSorrow July 22, 2014 at 1:23 am -      #108

No ones forcing you to be here, if you don’t like it, or if this doesn’t
    interest you why don’t you just leave?

Who said I didn’t like being here? Just expressing my opinion about why I don’t think Baron would fit in well.

Then you constantly interrupt them with more insults and cyberbullying.

They spoke their mind quite clearly on the subject, it’s not like I hacked their computers and wrote over what they had to say. You also have very loose definition of the word cyberbullying.

We get it you don’t like him, get over yourself and Get The Fuck Out!

Nah, I think I’ll stay. It’s not like I’m talking to myself here, I am responding to the opinions people hold with my own. Mine just happens to be on the opposite side of the spectrum. So deal with it.

9. Darth Bombad July 22, 2014 at 1:45 am -      #109

I’m gonna take Aelfinn and Blood Dancer’s advice on this and move on.
    I hope Baron stays, cause losing people is never gold for the site.
    But if he doesn’t i didn’t really know him and won’t lose any sleep over it.

That’s my opinion, that’s all i need to say.

10. TheSorrow July 22, 2014 at 1:47 am -      #110

I’m gonna take Aelfinn and Blood Dancer’s advice on this and move on.

That would be wise.

11. Necroth July 22, 2014 at 9:20 am -      #111

“For the record, being ostracized by fucking nerds is pretty normal.”
    _

Yes, we are a very ostracizing people.
    _

“The hell just happened here?”
    _

I do not have the slightest idea, but Commander Cross is making understandable posts so SOMETHING has to be wrong… Either that or i am used to reading them…

12. captain napalm July 22, 2014 at 9:20 am -      #112

A lot of this is completely over my head, but then I’m really not a regular here, so I’m just sorry that unpleasantness has occurred and people are upset, whatever the cause.

Also, I guess we’re gonna start getting more “Star Wars including EU”-specified matches in the future, looking at page 1.

Though I don’t even get what being “an anachronism” on a website means. That you still think largely the same things as you did five years ago? I don’t know.

13. Nerazim July 25, 2014 at 9:02 am -      #113

oh, come on Admin… since i joined around… three years ago? i’ve spent two years lurking and one year AWOL. i’m not one of the older guys, and i don’t comment much at aaaall, but GET YOUR ASS BACK IN HERE even if you gotta force it in their faces.

tl;dr- i sorta miss your input. sorta.

14. Jwlynas July 28, 2014 at 6:18 am -      #114

Ah, most people come back now and then. Baron especially, bless his little “black with skulls on” socks,

15. Alpha or Omega July 29, 2014 at 3:41 am -      #115

You should speak more often. Seems pleasant and classy.

16. Jwlynas August 1, 2014 at 11:39 am -      #116

Nice to see I haven’t lost my edge then.

« Previous 1 2

Modern Gaming

Sad but true.

Curiosity Rover Spotted by Mars Orbiter on Mount Sharp

Humanity is the invading alien now...