Kharn the Betrayer Vs Link

Kharn the Betrayer Vs Link

On the surface, this might seem like a slam-dunk victory for Kharn. But part of what makes him vicious is also his weakness. With his chaotic attacks, I think in time Link would be able to hold off until an opportunity to strike Kharn would become apparent.

It would not be a quick fight, but in the end, the warrior from Hyrule would be the victor.

What say you?

« Previous 1 5 6 7

658 Comments on "Kharn the Betrayer Vs Link"

1. NEGATIVE-ZERO December 18, 2011 at 10:52 pm -      #601

“As for the Light Arrows they only one-shot lesser enemies and against a foe with power armor capable of tanking bolter rounds…. yeah”
    They tear straight through armor. Just sayin’.

2. StealthRanger December 18, 2011 at 10:54 pm -      #602

I’ll see if i can find something better, gimme some time

Lobo vs Wonder Woman was already posted as a spite thread aginst WW because Chuck got butthurt over WW’s victory over Dante

Well GR has gone toe to toe with Dr Strange, Mephisto, Blackheart and Satan and at full power is above WWH (and thus on par with Sentry). Fully unleashed may be a good match. I don’t care if GR wins again or not, i just think it should be properly debated

Oh and new page! :D

3. StealthRanger December 18, 2011 at 10:57 pm -      #603

Dammit Zero, you beat me. :(

But other than that i still think Kharn wins more times then not

While Link does have potential methods of victory, Kharn just has more options, as was said earlier in the debate by the Triumvirate

4. Commander Cross December 18, 2011 at 10:58 pm -      #604

@StealthRanger

I want to be a better debater than i actually am, so while i may be the heart-stabbed-with-a-chain-sword individual that i am, i promise not to allow Percy Jackson vs WindWaker!/Phantom Hourglass!-Link be a match made of epic fail, along with the other match i hope gets a scenario ready so i can suggest to Officer AkumaTh to post, despite Murder’s attempts to mutilate the site, agreed?

5. Commander Cross December 18, 2011 at 10:59 pm -      #605

@StealthRanger
    How is it that more times than not, the side with a greater variety of options to win will almost always outdo the side that has less options?

6. StealthRanger December 18, 2011 at 11:00 pm -      #606

Well, what can Percy Jackson do? WW/PH Link does have a time-stop which could give him the auto-win and he has magic armor, even though he can only stop time three times before he needs to recharge. But im curious to hear Percy’s capabilities

7. StealthRanger December 18, 2011 at 11:01 pm -      #607

@Cross
    In Deadliest Warrior they commence battles to see who win win more times than not if the battle was commenced 100 times. In which i believe Kharn wins more fights out of 100

8. Sauroposeidon December 18, 2011 at 11:03 pm -      #608

Yeah I’ll get around to it if he actually does begin trolling us.

9. StealthRanger December 18, 2011 at 11:04 pm -      #609

@Sauro
    Murder?

10. Commander Cross December 18, 2011 at 11:04 pm -      #610

@StealthRanger

I already pointed out far too many times to count that he’s canonically stated to be a Super Soldier, and he’s in a group fight for Camp Half-Blood against the 4 best-known Space Pirate Generals, which include Ridley in their ranks.
    Get to that group fight suggested by Captain Xeno D and read about it there, alright?

But that one of those cases, the Shaolin Monk(who had relatively less options to take victory in comparison!) managed to kill the Maori Warrior with the Hook Swords, right?

11. Commander Cross December 18, 2011 at 11:05 pm -      #611

@Lizard God

Factpiler’s word that i gotta hold you to, alright?

12. StealthRanger December 18, 2011 at 11:06 pm -      #612

I’ll check out that thread before i made my verdict on the Percy Jackson vs WW/PH Link

Thanks for the info

13. Commander Cross December 18, 2011 at 11:08 pm -      #613

@StealthRanger

You got more questions to ask, either feel free to ask Captain Xeno Dimentio about them or check out Annabeth Chase vs Clary Fray, alright?

14. StealthRanger December 18, 2011 at 11:10 pm -      #614

@CC
    Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind

15. Commander Cross December 18, 2011 at 11:13 pm -      #615

@StealthRanger

The main reason why i accepted the task of the Guardians of Tourain vs the Camp Half-Blood Campers fight, is mainly because i was fed up with how easy to forget Camp Half-Blood actually was, especially when in relative comparison you have to factor in regards to badly managed fights like the ones Murder would suggest, as well.
    I am trying to put an end to it so Camp Half-Blood has a chance to be remembered, but not even Eragon vs Jason(the Jason from Camp Half-Blood, not the Jason who’s leader of the Original Argonaunts!) appears to have any real effect, here.

16. The_Assassin711 December 18, 2011 at 11:21 pm -      #616

“This is also along the lines of what I am talking about. Ok, so he did that. So what? Trained soldiers move likes ghosts in the night, you don’t see them til it’s too damn late and then you’re fucked, you so fucking fucked that the word fucked does not convey how fucked you are because those guys are highly trained killing machines. Space Marines are super soldiers able to move faster, more gracefully, and with more control than a normal human, complete with actual combat training to boot. He showed up out of the god damn blue because THAT is what soldiers do. Good ones, real ones anyways.”

Which is true, however he’s not just sneaking around and ambushing enemies, he got in between the woman and the Dark Eldar without the Dark Eldar so much as realising he was there until it was too late. Like I said before, the Eldar are far and above humans as far as senses, intellect, and movement go, though not quite marines in most cases. (Unfortunately due to my extreme dislike for them I can’t prove anything to support my point…)

“I don’t think that would be the best occasion to use.. They were clearly fumbling it due to Kharn’s reputation. There has to be other instances of him fucking people up.”

“I’m a fan of bombers and flying fortresses, and is about the only reason I have any interest in the IG left at all. I might, in the future, attempt to build an IG army based around Marauders making bombing runs… ”

“Which leads to a completely different question. In the fluff, how do crisis suits and broadsides fare against dreadnoughts?”

Either very well if the dreadnought isn’t a named one, or horribly. (Dreadnoughts tend to completely dominate foes that use cruder weapons (in a Black Templars short story Brother Jarold destroys an entire ork Speed Freaks warband single handedly) and wade effortlessly into a tirade of fire. If there are multiple dreadnoughts though, against the tau I would expect there to be casualties, but again the hero dreadnought (’cause there usually is one) rampages through with minor-low ciritical damge, or dies heroically after having chunked a good portion of the enemy.) On the tabletop Broadsides could easily take down dreadnoughts I would think (its one of the reasons I don’t use them, they’re so fragile against anti-vehicle weapons…)

17. The_Assassin711 December 18, 2011 at 11:24 pm -      #617

18. Sauroposeidon December 18, 2011 at 11:33 pm -      #618

“Kharn should be fast enough to dodge them. Locutus gave the quote for Microsecond reaction on the last page, well given Kharns durability he could survive Light Arrows i think. Silver arrows would finish him tho.”

Locutus provided what I can only assume to be hyperbole with out actual further detail. I would like to be able to see the entire part of that fight. Who fired what, when, from where, and when the space marine both understood he was being attacked and how long it would actually take him to evade the attack. A micro second is literally not long enough for anything at all to happen. It’s not long enough for a bullet to span the distance between attacker and target to my knowledge. According to wikipedia (god damn I love this site) it’s a reeeeally damn short period of time.

3.33564095 microseconds – the time taken by light to travel one kilometer in a vacuum

A bullet shouldn’t even be able to travel an entire millimeter in the period of a single microsecond.

books.google.com/books?id=x4334ns-3noC&pg=PA111&lpg=PA111&dq=microsecond+bullet+velocity&source=bl&ots=qX-zrfdg7M&sig=PDBipC8O-f4xspIY2W6W8Uglg6o&hl=en&sa=X&ei=9bzuTsKzH4-ctwe2jJ2JCw&ved=0CCAQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=microsecond%20bullet%20velocity&f=false

However I can’t find any reviews on that to make sure this guy’s work is accurate.

In essence, Space Marines, again, can’t throw themselves to the ground if they only have a micro second to dodge. This would mean the bullet is literally so close to them that it’s virtually touching them. This means that the Space Marine is hyper sonic. Electricity does not travel fast enough to get to the Space Marine’s brain from his senses and then for an electrical signal to make it from his central nervous system to his muscles to tell them to throw him to the ground. Because he throw himself to the ground and the bullet still nearly parted his hair, and he managed to do all this with in a microsecond or else the bullet would have hit him, it means at some point he made the decision to “dodge” the bullet even though it wasn’t anywhere near him. Despite this if he hadn’t of dodged his head would explode? Is he throwing himself or is he ducking? Is he really acting with in the period of a micro second or is it just hyperbole? I’m willing to bet hyperbole. I would like to actually have intel on the situation before figuring out the space marine’s actual speed or reflexes in that scene.

19. Sauroposeidon December 18, 2011 at 11:35 pm -      #619

“Oh I also forgot one thing, the reason I didn’t post Ragnar’s quote is Ragnar is generally considered to be much faster than other marines, even to the point of being preternaturally fast. (In-game he even has a special rule “Lightning Reflexes” that confers him a 4+ invuln save, I didn’t feel it was a good quote for establishing baseline marines since Ragnar outperforms them, perhaps it could help Kharn since Kharn is almost undoubtedly faster than Ragnar Blackmane, but I digress….)”

Well, perhaps he does have some latent precog that no one’s picked up on yet, because that would make a hell of a lot more sense than him dodging in the period of a microsecond unless his entire nervous system operates differently.

20. StealthRanger December 18, 2011 at 11:37 pm -      #620

@Sauro
    You might want to ask Assa or Dues Ex, because i only know about 40k from here and from the Dawn of War series, which everything is nerfed greatly for gameplay purposes

21. Sauroposeidon December 18, 2011 at 11:39 pm -      #621

“Kharn himelf isn’t featured in almost any media. He has 3 short stories to his name and brief appearances in the Horus Heresy Novels.
    Not only that, they were fumbling because he lives up to his reputation, they had a 0% chance of surviving that encounter, even if they were capable of wounding him.”

How the hell is he so popular?!

“Keep in mind that Marauder Bombers are an Apocalypse only unit, so unless somebody will let you use them in a standard game you’ll have to gear up for the Apocalypse Expansion. Otherwise you might be better off finding someone to play Aeronautica Imperialis, though I don’t know too much about it, or if the bombers are even in it… Air fighting is about the extent of my knowledge on it actually….”

I know it’d be Apocalypse. It wouldn’t be fun to just have one flying around anyways. I’d want a whole squadron of them making carpet bombing runs if possible. But maybe when and if the time comes I’ll have changed my mind about them. I don’t even have any space to so much as store a starter Tau army right now, sadly.

22. Sauroposeidon December 18, 2011 at 11:40 pm -      #622

@ Stealth

Deus out right stated Reaver Titans tank megatons and claims imperators stand kilometers tall. When push comes to shove he’ll reach so far down the wank hat that I have no reason to ever trust him on anything. The guy acts like Imperium titans are the best shit since sliced bread when a tumbling Lightning can rip the head clean off a Warlord.

23. Commander Cross December 18, 2011 at 11:41 pm -      #623

@StealthRanger

Storyline and development of the casts for all factions saves Dawn of War and still allows it to provide canonical side-stories, though, right?
    But i digress.

24. StealthRanger December 18, 2011 at 11:43 pm -      #624

@Sauro
    At least he knows when 40k is outmached *cough* 40k vs Marvel *cough* and he provides quite a great deal of quotes to prove his cases

Either way as i said, i only have DoW, which has everything very nerfed for gameplay

25. Commander Cross December 18, 2011 at 11:51 pm -      #625

@S.R

Even i know when the Potter-world either has legitimately enough metaphorical guns to properly fight back(the Potter-world vs .hack with the right stipulations in place, anyone?) or is just flat-out outgunned(Potter-world vs Narnia, anyone?) and i should know about that, due to how long i’ve been on the site.
    Now if .hack and Camp Half-Blood can just get their dues, somewhere…

26. Sauroposeidon December 18, 2011 at 11:55 pm -      #626

Is that the one with the hellstorm cannon laying on the ground? It appears to have been upgraded in to a fairly powerful energy weapon in that.. so.. not EVERYTHING is nerfed.. if I am remembering properly anyways. And Deus only admits to defeat when it becomes obvious that it is a complete and total stomp match. I have no idea why he got such a bug up his butt in the titan matches with me, I still believe I was being reasonable in my calculations and requests for them to refute them.. but at least his wank isn’t the same level as I’ve seen other 40k wank here.

27. The_Assassin711 December 19, 2011 at 8:58 am -      #627

“How the hell is he so popular?!”

Beats me.

At any rate I only have one other speed feat for marines to post at the moment.

“Sarpedon turned to the second attacker, the normal man who had hung back while Michairas attacked. Wordlessly, the man took aim and fired. The bullet hummed like an insect as it whipped through the air – Sarpedon ducked it but he could hear it as it zipped back towards him. A guided round, rare and lethal.
    Sarpedon’s wrist flicked and the Soulspear cut the bullet in half in mid-flight.” The Soul Drinkers Omnibus pg. 483, Book II, The Bleeding Challice

However two clarifications have to be made for this quote, Sarpedon is a mutant and also a Librarian.
    1. Sarpedon’s mutation only affects the lower half of his body, and even then doesn’t augment his reflexes to any significant degree that I’m aware of.
    2. Although he is a Librarian, in no way has he ever been seen to augment himself or those around him with psychic powers. (In fact the only two psychic powers he uses throughout the series are a psychic power specific to him (he draws on peoples’ fears and makes them “real”) and using his force weapon to suck people’s souls out, which just about any psyker with a force weapon can accomplish… (although he wasn’t even using his force staff in the quote…))

28. Commander Cross December 19, 2011 at 9:49 am -      #628

@Lizard God and T.A711

More calculations, i see?
    Let’s have at them, agreed?

29. Sauroposeidon December 19, 2011 at 10:54 am -      #629

That is an unusual weapon. Is the round hyper sonic? It obviously has to be going fast enough to be lethal, but slow enough that it does sound like an insect and not just a whiff that shoots past. It is also slow enough to be able to turn around. With out taking the time to figure kinetic energies needed for something with the mass of, say, a 9mm to be lethal, I’d say it’s AT LEAST arrow speed. Assuming he’s keeping track of it (instead of using psychic abilities to just know when to slash) this puts him on par with a well trained or master martial artist. It’s very difficult to knock arrows reliable out of the air, even more so to knock something as small as a bullet. I’m not going to say anything is definite in my assessment because you know how I like to go google crap to figure things out, I’m sure.

30. The_Assassin711 December 19, 2011 at 11:18 am -      #630

I’ll try and hunt down info on the round when I get home, don’t have the book with me at the moment.

All I remember of it is its called an Executioner round, and that Inquisitor Thaddeus (the man firing it) shot it out of an Autopistol (or maybe it was a stubber pistol.. meh either way, Stubbers and Autoguns –
    At any rate, ya I'll see what I can find. (Though obviously regardless of how fast it initially was it would have to slow down somewhat to come back around. So the speed Sarpedon cut it in half at would be slower than when he dodged it, probably.)

31. Sauroposeidon December 19, 2011 at 11:22 am -      #631

“At any rate, ya I’ll see what I can find. (Though obviously regardless of how fast it initially was it would have to slow down somewhat to come back around. So the speed Sarpedon cut it in half at would be slower than when he dodged it, probably.)”

Yeah I didn’t even consider that the round might be accelerating and decelerating. I assumed it had an initial speed and kept going until it ran out of momentum, and that the buzzing is what forces it to turn through some unknown means.

32. The_Assassin711 December 19, 2011 at 4:26 pm -      #632

Here’s what I’ve found so far:

Descriptions of the rounds-

“Thaddeus slipped a single shell from one of his waist pouches into the breech of the autopistol. A single heavy shell, it was more expensive than many spaceships and a handful of them had cost Thaddeus a lot of favours. Now, he was immensely grateful he had shown the prescience to have broughtthem along.

And I found one quote on them two books later in the series (Thaddeus wasn’t in the third novel, only the second and fourth ones), this one seems a little better to me, obviously though the marine he was fighting wasn’t at all prepared for it, and was in the confines a spaceship, not much room to dodge effectively lol. (Although the quote does tell us that these rounds had the strength to penetrate Power Armour, something not even Lasguns can accomplish without massing several dozen hits on the target simultaneously (going off what I’ve heard in the past Lasguns produce anywhere from 1-12 megajoules of kinetic force, but that’s just what I remember reading in an older thread somewhere), not too mention Rhelnon’s misjudgement of Thaddeus’ gun’s strength allowed him to get the shot in):

“Thaddeus dived out from behind the plinth, firing as he went. The shots were snapped blind and flew wide. Rhelnon rapidly judged that a mere autopistol would do little against power armour and stepped into the open again, trying to draw a bead on his prey.

Thaddeus flicked a selector stud on the weapon and a single round clicked into the chamber. It was the last of his archeotech rounds, very old, very valuable bullets crammed with circuitry too old to be replicated. Once he had loaded his whole gun with them, back when he had the backing of hisfellow inquisitors. But that felt like a long time ago. He had been saving that last bullet for a special occasion, and now that Rhelnon was bearing down on him, Thaddeus decided that the occasion had arrived.

He rolled between two of the memorials and fired. The bullet zipped wide again but then itsancient technology kicked in and it flitted around in a wide arc, arrowing back towards Rhelnon.

Rhelnon threw himself to one side but too late, the bullet smacked into his armour, boring deep inside. He yelled in anger and pain as his right arm was shredded, the bullet ricocheting around inside his armour like an angry trapped insect. His blood spattered up against the stern obsidian Chaplain statue standing over him.” Chapter War pgs. 219-219

33. The_Assassin711 December 19, 2011 at 4:56 pm -      #633

I also tried to find the size of a standard autopistol round, but unfortunately all I was able to find was the general specs for the pistol itself, they’re not the most helpful ones either I don’t think… although I’m no gun expert…

34. Sauroposeidon December 19, 2011 at 5:12 pm -      #634

“A single heavy shell”

“Thaddeus ran alongside the storm troopers and fired once at a servitor turning to spray fire at them. The autopistol barked and a glittering trail followed the bullet. Its armour-piercing tip and micro-guidance systems let it punch repeatedly through the glossy carapace of the servitor before running out of propellant. Its concentrated explosive core detonated in the heart of the servitor and blew it apart in a shower of frozen flesh and shimmering metal.”

It packs what I commonly just call heap. High Explosive – Armor Piercing. I’m going to venture out and guess it’s chemical and not kinetic. Why? Because it relies on the head to do the work instead of being a jacketed round. This means the bullet enjoys being able to fly as slow or as fast as it wants and never having to worry about its velocity effecting its armor piercing capabilities. This would support your suggestion that it can just slow down and accelerate whenever it wants to do what it needs, in case your wondering what I’m getting at.

“Adeptus Mechanicus specials, the pinnacle of personal armaments technology. Now Thaddeus was using them to get him out of a spot where it was the Mechanicus that wanted him dead. There would be a moral in there somewhere if Thaddeus survived long enough to work it out.” The Soul Drinkers Omnibus pg. 385″

While amusing.. I’m not sure what I can really get out of this quote unfortunately.

““Telleryev spat a word from his homeworld that Thaddeus assumed was profane, then flicked his hellgun onto full power and sent a bright lance of laser into the body of a servitor drifting ominously over to flank them. Thaddeus took aim with his pistol and loosed off three shots, the microcogitators in the rare executioner rounds sending the bullets curving as they flew, punching into the servitor with mechanical accuracy.” The Soul Drinkers Omnibus pg. 384″

“Chapter War pgs. 219-219″

35. The_Assassin711 December 19, 2011 at 5:18 pm -      #635

Erm.. out of time I’ll address stuff later when I can…

“This bullet appears to have a different name. I’ve seen Mechanicus Special, Executioner, and Archaeotech now. Is it safe to assume these are different names for the same thing? Such as Mountain Lion, Cougar, and Puma?”

Archeotech is a term used to refer to any type of technology from the Dark Age of Technology and before it. Dark Age tech puts just about everything in 40k shy of Necrons and Eldar to shame. (Case in point: Terminator Armor (also known as Tactical Dreadnought Armor) is the greatest type of armor available to a warrior in the Imperium and the vast majority of 40k. What is it really? A Dark Age hazmat suit design…)

36. The_Assassin711 December 19, 2011 at 5:24 pm -      #636

Looks like I have time afterall… was thinking of something else on accident lol…

“This could mean it’s large.. Larger than the 9mm I was imagining. Large like a .50 cal.. on the other hand the round is only indicated that it is heavy to make it clear that it is not a normal shell.. which means it may be no larger than a typical shell. However all that matters in the end is weight and figuring out how much energy is needed behind the mass to make it lethal.. or so I thought until…”

“I’m also not really sure what I can make use of with this, although it makes me wonder what means they use to detect their target and chase it. Is there ever an instance of them being fooled?”

That was just the third paragraph in the quote… granted it isn’t very important…

37. The_Assassin711 December 19, 2011 at 5:27 pm -      #637

And me being and idiot…

(Redoing this reply.)

No there isn’t an incstance of them being “fooled”, what we know about them is everything I’ve posted. Inquisitor Thaddeus himself probably couldn’t explain to us how they work, simply that they do. (In fact even higher-ups in the Mechanicus don’t even know probably, secrets lost to time, as is the case with many archeotech things…)

38. Sauroposeidon December 19, 2011 at 5:42 pm -      #638

“All I know is in its descriptions in various books it is basically said the be similar to a twenty first century smg, but more compact, so smaller than an smg but larger than an average pistol… I can give you those specs I found on the gun’s size(es), but I can’t say about the bullet itself.”

The size of the bullet doesn’t matter anymore because it relies on a charge instead of impact to pierce the target. This permits it to go pretty much whatever speed it wants and still FUBAR somebody. Unfortunately it means I’ll have a difficult time figuring out the velocity of the shell. It also uses propellant instead of a charge to go where it wants so we know it will take time to get up to speed. This means I will assume it is not super sonic. Why? Because it’s hard to get to those speeds from a stand still. It’s also hard to maneuver with in a room at super sonic speeds when you’re basically a rocket and using your own thrust to direct yourself instead of something fancy like anti-grav. It uses an internal device instead of fins or control surfaces to help it turn so I have to assume there is something fancy going on. On the other hand the pistol barks whenever it fires, and this isn’t from the propellant because the loudest noise the bullet makes is the definite hum. So it might be a dual-stage propulsion system relying on a charge for the initial kick and the propellant to keep it going once it has to change direction.

My Conclusion: As vague and crappy as this is going to be I’m going to arrive at “Faster than an arrow, slower than the speed of sound, with no slow build up to max speed.”

39. The_Assassin711 December 19, 2011 at 8:39 pm -      #639

“So it might be a dual-stage propulsion system relying on a charge for the initial kick and the propellant to keep it going once it has to change direction.”

I’m guessing it would fire the same way as a normal autopistol round:

“The autopistol is a simple, effetive and manufactured to roughly the same design all across the galaxy. It is a one handed firearm that delivers solid bullets, using a hammer to ignite the combustible element, over a medium to short range. Its accuracy is moderate, and is best used in short range or close quarters combat.” – The Imperial Infantryman’s Uplifting Primer, pg. 22

“The autogun fires a burst of high-velocity, caseless shot made from plastic, ceramics or metal. Its strong point is that it’s cheap and easy to construct, making it popular amongst low-tech frontiersmen and Gretchin.” – Warhammer 40,000 – Wargear (2nd edition), pg. 20

(Ya ya the second quote is of an autogun not a pistol, but they have the same basic concepts…)

I would believe that to be more likely the case than it only relying on the propellant, if that were the case what would be the point to loading it into a gun as crude as an autopistol? (Actually if that were the case you’d be better oof just pointing the round at the enemy and have a way of setting it off instead of taking the time to load it into a gun at all… but that’s besides the point…)

Under the circumstances, going back to the original quote it means Sarpedon dodged the round during its inital firing (when it was most likely fastest), and cut it in half when it had most likely lost speed, even if it had time to build it back up it probably wouldn’t have been as fast as its inital flight. (Probably. Though I guess unless we were actually there to witness it we’ll never know for 100%)

40. Deus Ex Machina January 8, 2012 at 3:53 pm -      #640

@Sauro complete and utter bullshit on the Reaver thing, but hey, cry some more, and I posted the damn quote saying the Imperator was kilometers tall but I guess some retardation kicked in on your part.

41. StealthRanger February 1, 2012 at 5:53 pm -      #641

Since awards cannot be revoked…

Blood for the Blood God!

Kharn wins. Fatality

42. StealthRanger February 1, 2012 at 10:36 pm -      #642

Kharn for the FP Awar… Oh wait, he already got it

Don’t worry

43. NEGATIVE-ZERO February 1, 2012 at 10:43 pm -      #643

Any point to that whatsoever?

44. StealthRanger February 1, 2012 at 10:44 pm -      #644

45. TheDuckGuy July 1, 2012 at 9:58 pm -      #645

@Matapiojo
    well. link would just use nayrus love, slow time, pull the armor off of kharn, (magnetic gloves) ball and chain in left and great fairies sword in right. smash his skull in and start stabbing. even if kharn killed him link does come back to life. like 6 times. so obviously the site admin are mental.

46. TheDuckGuy July 1, 2012 at 10:06 pm -      #646

@HeroofTime85

link was supposed to be in marvel. samus was also supposed to be in marvel. a beta shown had link and samus on ps2 and nintendo overreacted and had them immediately removed.

47. StealthRanger July 1, 2012 at 10:08 pm -      #647

Naryu’s love is a no limit fallacy

“ball and chain in left”

LMAO, Kharn tanks heavy bolter rounds, lascannons and plasma rounds thanks to his shield. Regular Marines tank re-entry. What the hell is a flail going to do?

“great fairies sword in right”

So? Even daemonic weapons and power weapons (that ignore durability) struggle to cut through his armor

“even if kharn killed him link does come back to life. like 6 times”

Kharn kills him again and again then since hes faster and has superior reaction time

“so obviously the site admin are mental.”

Or you’re just a fnaboy

48. StealthRanger July 1, 2012 at 10:14 pm -      #648

“@HeroofTime85″

i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/128/slowpoke_pokemon.gif

49. fallstar knight July 1, 2012 at 10:18 pm -      #649

” Kharn is immune to magic and effects of magic channelled through weapons”
    a question i wanted to ask for a bit
    would it protect him from a blast of magical energy fired from a sword? it technichaly magic but the attack is physical

50. Atomic Lowk July 1, 2012 at 10:19 pm -      #650

“All the things you listed are null since Kharn is immune to magic and effects of magic channelled through weapons”

Don’t think magnetic gloves are magic.

Also I thought that was only ranged magic. Something about it being cowardly or something. Wouldn’t some like using magic to enhance themselves(like strength) still be useful?

51. StealthRanger July 1, 2012 at 10:20 pm -      #651

@fallstar
    Im not entirely certain. Kharns blessing protects him against magic targeted at him and haxes. Basically a watered down version of Dark Schneider’s dispel bound

Although in my opinion a powerful enough destructive blast (even if it was magic) could hurt him

Not sure, you might want to ask Mata about it on the topia

52. StealthRanger July 1, 2012 at 10:23 pm -      #652

“Don’t think magnetic gloves are magic.”

Its using magic to create magnetic effects. Kind of like Dresden’s magnetism spells. And since its powers being channeled through a weapon, it would be nullified. If it was Magneto’s powers (which is manipulation of the EM spectrum) then maybe, but it isn;t so no

Either way, how would it do anything other than bring Kharn closer to Link (bad idea), unless it has feats of affecting things on the level of Space Marine power armor

“Wouldn’t some like using magic to enhance themselves(like strength) still be useful?”

Buffing spells still work afaik

53. StealthRanger July 1, 2012 at 10:58 pm -      #653

And since we go with current incarnations here:

images.encyclopediadramatica.se/thumb/0/04/Zeldatimeline.jpg/399px-Zeldatimeline.jpg.png

Theres 3 ‘current’ Links. Pick one

54. tychusfindlay919 August 25, 2013 at 11:31 am -      #654

@ LW and cpt olimar
    I know this thread has been llong dead before i even joined this site. However abolition of religion is unessecary. In fact. If it werent for religion we could have never had this type of technology to begin with.

Whether people accept it or not our constitutions and laws stemmed from christian values in the sense of loving your neighbor, not commiting crimes, and being of service.

Olimar you read the bible LITERALLY. Although there is no correct way to read the bible i read it in a figurative way.
    I.E “jesus touched his fingers to the blind man and he was able to see once more.”

My interpretation of that was that the man could not believe in god and rather refused to do so. Jesus by touching him (most likely conversation) and enlightening him showed him the way (way of god).

On another note i agree completely with the separation of church and state in MOST occasions. Religion has been for the most part keeping our values in check (except muslims. Ive already accepted that i am prejudiced extremely against muslims). Without it humanity may certainly lose or have its moral compass damaged.

Science and religion should be tied together for the same reason of ethics and morals and not creating horrible machines like torture devices etc.

I accepted war as part of me. Humans are animals and animals are violent in nature (although we take that to the next level). Its just that things like torture devices disgust me. Atleast in war being shot in the head is quick and merciful.

55. Amm0vamp1r3 August 25, 2013 at 11:34 am -      #655

So this was bumped for religious reasons…..yea Im going to make my leave of this debate

56. tychusfindlay919 August 25, 2013 at 11:45 am -      #656

I just had the urge to point that put. I hate people who bash religion even though i am agnostic myself. Bumped for religious reasons? I merely replied to an already made religious regarding statement.

I dont care if you leave my intention wasnt to start a debate but just to correct an old wrong. Besides. My attention is up on the mandalorians vs spez marinez thread.

57. Amm0vamp1r3 August 25, 2013 at 11:53 am -      #657

I don’t really care what your intention was, I was interested in why Link vs Kharn was bumped came in saw religion, which is never a good topic to talk about online so I was going to leave.

But nothing else tickles my fancy so I guess Ill be here..

58. Commander Cross August 25, 2013 at 12:11 pm -      #658

@Tychus

The only reason I could imagine Kharn winning should really be due to the Principle ‘You can’t kill what you can’t hit,’ don’t get me wrong as there may be episodes of You can’t do jackshit on me at all out there, but this isn’t one of them.

« Previous 1 5 6 7