Blackwatch Vs Covenant

Blackwatch Vs Covenant

Suggested by croc911

Making their debut on BankGambling is Blackwatch from the Prototype franchise facing off against the Covenant from Halo.

This is a ground battle only. Only aerial units Blackwatch gets is F-22, F-35s, Apaches, and Blackhawks.

Covenant gets phantoms and banshees and maybe a couple scarabs.

Battle takes place in a post-apocalyptic New York.

Which side wins?

« Previous 1 2

120 Comments on "Blackwatch Vs Covenant"

1. erickyboo June 28, 2014 at 5:13 pm -      #101

I can kind of imagine the covenant setting up bases, hammers. Shielding sections where they are, which would make it difficult for resistance forces to get in I guess, maybe protecting the AA guns.
    I doubt it since no covenant capital ships things, but no drop pods right?
    www.halopedia.org/Covenant_drop_pod
    If so, then they’re a good way to quickly get behind enemy positions in great numbers.

2. OberHearse June 28, 2014 at 5:29 pm -      #102

Not sure how you can have drop pods without something to drop them from…

3. erickyboo June 28, 2014 at 5:38 pm -      #103

Well it mentions it’s typically affixed, typically doesn’t mean always right? www.halopedia.org/Type-54_Mass_Deployment_Carapace
    They’re reusable drop pods that have their own propulsion. So not but maybe they could use that one?

4. Albert W Wesker June 28, 2014 at 7:10 pm -      #104

5. croc911 June 28, 2014 at 11:29 pm -      #105

@Albert
    Well, it would be a lot fairer if it was the Covenant Remnant. The ones in Halo 4. But its past the 50th post so I guess we have to go with pre-war Covenant.

6. Albert W Wesker June 28, 2014 at 11:34 pm -      #106

@croc911
    Thanks you for that info I will know get some reading and sleep and I will come back later to help and read up on the other team just to be fair and do it to the pre war and at the beginning I can say this is going to be fun and a challenging debate

7. OberHearse June 28, 2014 at 11:46 pm -      #107

Storm Elites would still be a big stomp. Pre-War Covenant? They could send only the grunts and just drown them in bodies.

8. croc911 June 28, 2014 at 11:58 pm -      #108

@ober
    Yeah, but Covenant Remnant is no longer an empire. Less numbers..and so on. Can you tell me what’s so special about storm elites? They wear even less armor.

9. OberHearse June 29, 2014 at 12:37 am -      #109

No, they have about the same gear. Whats so special is they have the same stuff, with arguably better weapons in some areas, and no noticeable difference in effectiveness.
    Honestly, the only difference is numbers, which if they were allowed their full might would be a stomp either way, and that they lack Brutes, Prophets, and a large portion of their territory/things like High Charity. Everything else is virtually the same.

10. croc911 June 29, 2014 at 12:39 am -      #110

@Ober
    Yeah that is true. But the scenario is equal numbers. Post#36

11. CH1C4N0444 is allergic to bullets June 29, 2014 at 12:53 am -      #111

“Can someone please answer my question is this in the height of there power or when the war ended I can really help a lot on the covenet side because I know a lot about here history and power please answer the question so I can help the debate”
    FP rules say current incarnation, unless otherwise specified. Since Croc never mentioned anything we have to go with the Covenant as they are now.

12. Xander Xtreme June 29, 2014 at 1:38 am -      #112

So you guys wanna chat?

13. erickyboo June 29, 2014 at 2:44 am -      #113

Storm is the lowest rank in Jul ‘Mdama’s covenant. Many warlords claim to be the covenant, but there re many factions. It’s several groups. Sometimes they work together, they’re still refereed to as covenants. For instance, the Vol’s who attacked dratheus-V and x50. Merg Vol lead them but he was killed by Palmer. They had CAS assault carriers, lots of equipment, brute packs, drones, mega turrets, stuff. Later, they helped Jul’s covenant on Requiem. That’s when Parg Vol was hunted down and eliminated by Fireteam crimson. Vata ‘Gajat and his covenant mercenaries attacked the peace summit and collaborated with the colonial alliance, Innies. They used to work for ‘madama. There isn’t just one covenant. There are factions of covenant.

14. Jolttra June 29, 2014 at 5:20 am -      #114

Covenant Remnant isn’t that small. They had a fleet of around a dozen ships. Some of them pretty big. They might not have the Millions they had before but I could see them hitting the hundred thousands fairly easily.
    Of course, the Remnant has a lot less stuff. In Halo 4 they had no Hunters, Brutes, Skirmishers, Scarabs or Guroks. So they have lost a lot of advantages. Maybe the comics and books that take place around the post war period give them more stuff, I really don’t know. But right now they are kind of screwed.

15. Albert W Wesker June 29, 2014 at 12:39 pm -      #115

Well after doing some studying of the Blackwatch thery are b. biohazard unit that cantaisj biohazard outbreaks . I must say I was impressed by what I read but all in all . I saw they were to small a unit to actually to any type of damage to the covenant they can kill many of there elits and probably so em smaller soiders but they dint have the techneclory and accent that the covenant have . This I seems to be a one sides battle becosue they can throw everything that have at the covenet and still are small I will say this the covenet may deploy a small force of troops to deal with them at first but this will only seem to make the one died battel longer the small force will be able to do much damage to the a posing team side . They might win this battle but there losses won’t be small but major . The pre war coventent is just to large of a force and more advance for Blackwatch to win .

16. Alpha or Omega June 29, 2014 at 4:08 pm -      #116

“Of course, the Remnant has a lot less stuff. In Halo 4 they had no Hunters”
    The Remnant have hunters.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMJlG_EmxNc#t=930
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vwEz19jPBU#t=125
    The comics and Spartan Ops also show them having hunters.

17. croc911 June 29, 2014 at 4:10 pm -      #117

@albert

Holding the Red Line…..

18. erickyboo July 1, 2014 at 1:47 pm -      #118

Here. halo.bungie.org/misc/sloftus_scalecomparison/1280h.html?display=cov_a

19. Virgil July 5, 2014 at 5:53 pm -      #119

Just a little update on the ‘taking cover’ issue with the Elites in particular, a recent trailer of the Halo 2: Anniversary terminals shows some new developments (Which will be considered canon) of at least one Sangheili taking cover from enemy fire as seen in the following video:
    youtu.be/QVkCw-_XN3M?t=57s
    Forgive me as I have completely forgotten how to link videos, etc. on here.

20. No___body July 10, 2014 at 12:02 am -      #120

Since we are adding vehicles for the
    Covenant cause can we add the Lich.

« Previous 1 2